• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tag Team Inspiration! (893)

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I can't help but find Eevee's shyness to be rather cute then you have to feel sorry for Chespin as well.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. Great first half, while the second half was okay. Eevee is just too adorable. Serena could let Eevee evolve into whatever she wants, but then again, this is the anime, so it might end up being Sylveon if that's what the writers are aiming towards...just to market it more in Japan.

While the battle isn't good nor bad, I'd just like to say that even though it was a tag team battle between Ash/Tierno and Serena/Shauna, it felt more like Ash versus Shauna and Serena versus Tierno. Which I could understand, since Tierno/Blastoise and Serena/Eevee like to dance.

Pikachu52

I can sum up my thoughts on this episode in nine points:

1. Eevee's personality seems quite odd. It wanted to dance and perform but was terrified of being around other Pokémon, especially Chespin.
  2. Ash why didn't you let Terino tell you about the Anistar City Gym. I get that the anime wants to build suspense but it would make more sense for Ash to want to go into the gym with as much knowledge as possible so he can prepare for it.
  3. Shauna just had to ask Serena "that's why you like him right". Kinda thought they'd dropped that crush trope.
  4. How is Eevee going to be able to perform on stage if it's too shy to talk to the other Pokémon.
  5. Really Serena. The most important lesson you've ever learnt is to smile. And here was me thinking you're character had finally stopped being shallow.
  6. Why on earth did Serena think getting Eevee to battle Pikachu and Blastoise was a good idea when Eevee had never battled before.
  7. The tag battle was unimpressive. At one point it turned into a dance off and everyone seemed to take forever to attack. How on earth did Blastoise take such a hit from a newly caught Eevee that had never battled before. And then Serena just quits the battle before anyone had really taken any damage, despite the fact that she requested it in the first place.
  8. I'm not even sure what the point of including Terino and Shauna was. They didn't add much to the overall plot and just seemed to distract from Eevee whom the episode was meant to focus on. Really the only reason I can think they were included was so Shauna could ask Serena "That's why you like him [meaning Ash]." Seriously. That means it was pure fan-service to keep an amourshipping hype going.
  9. Where were Team Rocket. Didn't Jessie spend all of the previous episode saying she wanted the Eevee.

It was a very disappointing episode. It was supposed to be Eevee's introductory episode. But it ended up being a filler, where very little happened and next to no character development. The episode didn't even focus on Eevee that much or develop Eevee as an individual because of the focus on Terino and Shauna. Essentially they brushed aside any proper development of Eevee in order to reanimate the corpse of Amourshipping.

4/10

I wonder why Tierno never asked about Goodra; the Pokemon that utterly creamed two of his?.

Well to be fair. Ash didn't ask about Raichu either. And it wasn't just Goodra that creamed him it was Pikachu as well.

Last edited:
This was an ok episode. Nothing too exciting to make note of.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Great episode; Eevee is so cute. Chespin was hilarious in this as well and I liked the battle as well. I found the dance off between Eevee and Blastoise hilarious and I feel that the interruption of the battle was justified for Serena's character. Also yay for Team Rocket not being in an episode for once XD
And people complaining/getting excited over the amourhipping hints and taking it too seriously, please don't; it's clearly just a running gag at this point just like Brock's flirting gag so there's really nothing to complain/get excited about here.

Anyways I think this episode is a 10/10

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I thought this was a great episode to serve as the 'day before the showcase'. I find Eevee's shy nature very endearing and the fact that it has to be introduced to the gang slowly makes it even more so. Poor chespin :(

I think the dynamic with Shauna and Tierno is very good as everyone has someone to thrive with. The half-battle they had was very interesting as everyone's battle styles were so different.

Anyway, good episode, onto the showcase!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Tbh, I found it quite unfair that Ash and Tierno were dominating against Serena and Shauna. And the battle being interrupted, so that Serena has no chance to win.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well seeing Tierno and Shauna again was cool and I was happy to see that their Wartortle and Bulbasaur had evolved. Eevee's anxiety was kind of awkward to watch but at least she did her best during the tag battle.

JudySpell

Banned
Tierno owning a Blastoise caught me off guard because I didn't think he deserved one. The tag team match itself was nothing special either. 5/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, the fact the writers actually went the extra mile and included the rhythm strategy as part of Tierno's battles shows just how much dedication they have to the plot this time around, and the dynamic battles resulting from the strategy are among the most entertaining to watch.~

Alloutℯ

Banned
I like how Bunnelby was standing with Eevee at the beginning of the episode showing how she still only feels comfortable around him. Geez, Chespin really needs to back off.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
And once again, why Bunnelby of all Pokemon for the one Eevee likes?

I wonder whether they did this just so that Serena would have a reason to ask Clemont instead of Ash in Party Dancecapades!

Leonhart

Imagineer
So once again we saw Serena's Eievui deal with her love of dancing, which conveniently involved Tierno in this episode. Him having evolved his Zenigame all the way into Kamex seemed overwhelming, although I suppose that he needed a tough team at this point.

I liked the episode, I wish Trevor had been in it though which is too bad. Would really love to see all of them in an episode or two together. It's so sad how every battle Serena is involved in is like always interrupted, and she and Eevee were doing so well, so it was just terrible to see her end the tag battle on her own decisions.