• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tag! We're It! (518)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Everyone Participate! Tag Battle!

During their travels, Ash & Co. encounter a special Tag Tournement going on. Everyone is eager to enter it. Paul arrives and also expresses his interest in the Tag Battles. However, with the nature of tag battles, Ash, Brock, Dawn & Paul are all teamed with other trainers and thus rely on their strengths as well as their own. Who will get to the finals?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

turtle twig

Nice episode.

A lot of things I am curious about. What was Brock saying when he recounted Paul's Elekid battling Pikachu?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well what do you know Rhydon really did use surf, and i'm starting to like this Kohei (or however it's spelled) guy, he really knows what he's doing with his Slowking and he's funny with his glasses bit(heck he seems like a grown up Max almost only funny instead of annoying), the girl Brock got paired with seems to have some problems though since he had to help her out the whole fight, and of course Ash and Paul can't get along at all, heck Pikachu(And Ash when Ryhdon used Surf) kept trying to talk Chimchar out of doing what Paul wanted it to do the whole time since he kept making it do crazy stuff. I really wonder if they'll make it past the next battle.

Last edited:

09Murphym

Well what do you know Rhydon really did use surf, and i'm starting to like this Kohei (or however it's spelled) guy, he really knows what he's doing with his Slowking and he's funny with his glasses bit(heck he seems like a grown up Max almost only funny instead of annoying), the girl Brock got paired with seems to have some problems though since he had to help her out the whole fight, and of course Ash and Paul can't get along at all, heck Pikachu(And Ash when Ryhdon used Surf) kept trying to talk Chimchar out of doing what Paul wanted it to do the whole time since he kept making it do crazy stuff. I really wonder if they'll make it past the next battle.

I'm also wondering if ash and paul will be able to put their differences aside long enough to win their match.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Just noticed, but besides from the Zangoose and Metagross guy Ash and Paul are going up against, everyone else in the brackets besides the heroes are stock anime characters.

Gee, I wonder?!

turtle twig

Can anyone translate some of Paul/Shinji's dialogue? What did he say when he was pointing at Ash, or to Dawn, or at the end when they won the first battle?

TeddiUrsa

It seems like the price for the tag battle is a smoothbell? It looked like one. Maybe Hikari wins and uses the bell for her bunny...you know..the bunny that evolves through happiness. ;) She needs to win anyway since she was so upset after the contests loss. But I guess she already is back to normal thanks to Mr. Glasses.

The tagbattle episode was awesome! just awesome. And the next episode looks like it´ll be filled with DRAMA and with a little bit of shinning floor. I miss Maestro xD

So many dialogues in this episode that I really want to hear translated. What was the deal with the girl and Takeshi? Why was he so upset? Is she settled already? He was so cute when he grapped her hand after they won only to be all shy about it directly afterwards...

Mr. Glasses is pure awesomeness as well.

Oh, and I really liked Scyther´s and Magmar´s voices ^^ or koffin´s expression when its rapidspin(?) was stopped by psychic. priceless. Or elekid´s attitude towards pikachu...
The battles were very nice as well, but what I really liked was the character interaction.

It is really interesting that the writers finally handle the plot less episodic. Talking about Shirona, Satoshi copies techniques from contests etc. DP is very suprising thus far ^^

Last edited:

turtle twig

It seems like the price for the tag battle is a smoothbell? It looked like one. Maybe Hikari wins and uses the bell for her bunny...you know..the bunny that evolves through happiness. ;) She needs to win anyway since she was so upset after the contests loss. But I guess she already is back to normal thanks to Mr. Glasses.

The tagbattle episode was awesome! just awesome. And the next episode looks like it´ll be filled with DRAMA and with a little bit of shinning floor. I miss Maestro xD

So many dialogues in this episode that I really want to hear translated. What was the deal with the girl and Takeshi? Why was he so upset? Is she settled already? He was so cute when he grapped her hand after they won only to be all shy about it directly afterwards...

Mr. Glasses is pure awesomeness as well.

Oh, and I really liked Scyther´s and Magmar´s voices ^^ or koffin´s expression when its rapidspin(?) was stopped by psychic. priceless. Or elekid´s attitude towards pikachu...
The battles were very nice as well, but what I really liked was the character interaction.

It is really interesting that the writers finally handle the plot less episodic. Talking about Shirona, Satoshi copies techniques from contests etc. DP is very suprising thus far ^^

When did they talk about Shirona (Champion Cynthia)?!

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
What a great episode, rydon using surf in the anime in an area without water, Ash and Paul tag team and a league styled torrnament

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Nice animation, nice interaction, nice battles with some rather unorthodox moves...wow, this episode was good!

*James' fantasy includes Pokemon people want Jessie and Ash to get...hmm....

*Damn! Elekid is a *******! But in a good way. :p

* I really like Kouhei, especially the way he seemed to have everything planned from the getgo. I really think he and Dawn will be facing Ash and Paul in the finals, judging by how the brackets are set up (Brock and Honoka will probably face them prior to that and lose though).

*Koffing suddenly being stopped in mid-air and slowly moving his eyes was major LOL. And Slowking delivering the final blow by slightly moving his finger was the definition of badass. Koffing's trainer was pretty badass as well, he reminded me of a Toriyama character.

*So...um, I'm guessing either Honoka told Brock she was a Lesbian or she had a boyfriend. Either way, it looks like after the battle she didn't care. Brock scored!

*Sudowoodo battling really makes me sad he never does it much. I mean, did you see his One-Hundred Punches attack? That was pure awesome!

*Dawn mentioned Cynthia to Paul, asking him if he forgot what she told him I'm guessing. It seems Paul doesn't take advice that well.

*Hey! Magmar and Rhydon...it's Blaine's lineup pretty much! And Pikachu didn't aim for the horn...but it hit it anyway!?

*I think this is the first time Surf has been used outside of a water battle...somehow Rhydon summoned a big wave outta nowhere...also like how they took in the fact it hits the partner, and had Magmar use Protect.

*Chimchar seemed to get a power up from the heat from Magmar's attack. I think Brock was explaining how Paul's Pokemon get powered up from same type attacks, a la Pikachu powering up Elekid in the flashback.

*Ash taking some lessons seen in Contest is good, especially from a awesome trainer like Zoey. Yeah, you can complain about Ash using "weaker" trainers moves later, but I see nothing bad about Ash starting to use his brain and adapting techniques for his own use.

* Paul seemed to be trying to work with Ash a bit at the end...I mean...Chimchar jumping out in a surprise attack seemed like a great strategy. Besides that, I noticed Ash and Paul were rather independent in battling unlike their opponents, and the other teams. I'm guessing this will hurt them next episode, and they'll have to work better on this.

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
This episode looks really good! The best DP episode yet cant wait to see it in English! This is what i like to see pikachu just totally rocked in this and that is what it should be i dont know what paul was thinking having chimchar charge into a wave? By the way the reason pikachus attack went to rhydon was because the magnetic pull i think

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
this episode is the first time ive seem wingull in the anime......and it looked cute....

i wonder what'll happen if brock and wingull girl have to face paul and ash

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Fantastic episode that immediately shot up into my list of favorites. Back when only the summary was released, I was a bit peeved that the pairs were chosen randomly - I'd seen it more as an opportunity to strengthen the friendship between two of the heroes - but now I realize this concept is much, much better. The third one doesn't have to be the odd one out, and the battles are much more varied.

Pairing Ash with Paul was ingenious as well, though I have to feel sorry for the guy, seeing how both his friends have a partner they get along with. 'will definitely feel bad for him if he is never able to fully enjoy the tournament until the end, no matter if he and Paul end up winning or not.

Anyway, the episode was pretty balanced between suspense and humor. I laughed at Brock's reaction when Honoka told him that she wasn't interested in younger guys.

It's a bit funny how she was a bit arrogant in the beginning and seemed to know exactly what she did - plus the bit where she told Brock off - but did gain interest (in a neutral sense for now ;)) in him after he had to help her out a lot in the battle.

Dawn and Kouhei were amusing as well. I couldn't help but snort whenever the guy adjusted his glasses, doing his, "he. hehe. 8D".
I can definitely see them proceed to the finals, considering they cover both defense and offense calculatingly and it'll be difficult to break through the former.

I must say I was fooled by Elekid - I really thought it was another Chimchar for the one second it pretended to be nice'n'cute. Turned out the thing was even sneakier than its own trainer, lol.

Speaking of Chimchar - cutest Pokémon evar. The writers make it clear that Chimchar is the "special" case within Paul's team, since it didn't adapt his personality even after everything he's done to it and still cheered with Pikachu over their win or responded enthusiastically when Ash talks to it.

Lastly, I was glad that the question that had been roaming in my mind all along was answered. I had wondered why Paul even entered a tournament that strongly required one to be...er, social, for the lack of a better word. Seems like he only participated so he could boost his Chimchar's power by letting it face other Fire types. Hm...[/random close]

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I laughed at Brock's reaction when Honoka told him that she wasn't interested in younger guys.

Lol. But, Honoka really doesn't look that much older.

Ah, so that's what he meant by "power up". I was somewhat right in my assumption I guess.

So, what was Kouhei saying exactly? I heard him call Dawn "kawaii", but I wanna know if it was about her or Piplup.

Blaziryu

Yeah, this looks like a good episode. I can't believe my boy Shinji was pair up with Ash. If they lose the competition, then we'll it would be Ash's fault since he's not that good of a trainer.