• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tag! We're It! (518)

Conway's Slowking seemed just as awkward as he was + Ash and Paul ending up as partners in this competition was a set up for disaster. Still fun to watch though.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Seeing Dawn and Conway crush Scyther and Koffing was cool. Like, I loved Conway's tactical battling style and then Dawn's smitten reaction after their victory. Holly and Brock winning their match made me laugh especially since Holly was all enthusiastic about Brock.~

Alloutℯ

Banned
Ash & Paul teaming up was a recipe for drama and chaos. I don't know why they were even paired up to begin with knowing their animosity.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ash & Paul teaming up was a recipe for drama and chaos. I don't know why they were even paired up to begin with knowing their animosity.

Well even tho Ash was basically snubbed by Paul as usual, they were the strongest battlers in the Hearthome tourney I think. So despite their different styles, they made a good team in terms of strength.

Shayuin

Banned
I don't know why Dawn was paired with Conway, but she got lucky since he was smart and he could've swept each opponent on his own.

Leonhart

Imagineer
And thus the Yosuga Tag Battle Tournament arc began, and I was pleased that we got the introduction of Kouhei and Honoka here. Shinji returning and being Satoshi's partner seemed unfair to the other participants knowing how strong Shinji and Satoshi were individually, but I was impressed by Kouhei's Yadoking, as well as by Shinji's Hikozaru.

Daizy

I call you honey
It was good to see some Pokemon that rarely get used, like Slowking and Magmar. The surfing Rhydon reminded me of that filler Johto episode and the fact that they used it again was an unexpected moment.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Honoka being Takeshi's partner seemed kind of bittersweet since she never got to show up again after the Yosuga Tag Battle Tournament, and she had amazing comedic chemistry with Takeshi in this episode.

Scorbunnie

Ash & Paul having to be a team was so funny because they were like total opposites and you gotta give Ash credit for trying to get along with Paul while Paul was just quiet and brooding throughout the episode.

Loved Conway's obsession with Dawn.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
After rewatching this episode recently I realize why Paul said "looking for Fire Types" when Ash asked him why he joined in the first place. This was like foreshadowing that he was planning to get rid of Chimchar because he thinks its weak and its not living up to his standards.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Paul commanding Chimchar to go into Magmar's Lava Plume for it to power up it's own fire-type moves just shows why Paul is the most competitive trainer in the anime. He strictly entered this tournament for THAT reason,to meet fire-type pokemon and power up his Chimchar. It wasn't for fun or to win the prize.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Which is why making him avoid the PWC doesn’t make any sense to me character wise.
If he isn't competing in another pokemon league or isn't retired then there is no excuse. There clearly wasn't plans on bringing him back from the start and it was just a last minute thing. Not interested in noisy crowds my ass.

Spyro39

Doesn't a competitive person enter a tournament with the goal of winning the whole thing, which wasn't Paul's goal in this tournament?

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Not for this specific tournament, but why do you think he entered the pokemon league?