• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Take it slow, bro. [UU RMT]

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
So, here's my team. It's currently only Kanto, because those are the only pokemon I've trained really. It's not limited to Kanto, I just haven't experimented with most anything else competitively. It's served pretty good on Shoddy.

Butterfree@Focus Sash
Timid; 252SpAtk 252Spe 6HP
Bug Buzz
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore
Supersonic

My lead Butterfree. It's set ought to be pretty self explanatory. Sleep Powder first, then stun spore if I know that my opponent will switch, supersonic if I'm weary, so at least something's confused. I chose bugbuzz over U-turn as Butterfree won't be switching in much. Taking 50% from Stealthrocks, it is meant to stay in, at least get something sleeping and then annoy a little bit.

Pidgeot@Choice Band
Adamant; 252Atk 252Spe 6HP
Brave Bird
Quick Attack
Return
Steel Wing

Pidgeot is very situational. Usually I can get a good SteelWing off or a lategame sweep with quick attack, but I don't enjoy being choiced, though the power is very much appreciated. I thought about life orb, but the recoil from BB can usually take me down low, and with stealth rocks, the less HP I have to lose the better.

Raticate@Flame Orb
Adamant; 252Atk 252Spe 6HP
Protect
Facade
Crunch
Reversal

Raticate is awesome. Amazing lategame sweeper as it's relatively fast and everyone underestimates the facade. If I can predict status, I'll switch into him to absorb it and retaliate. Facade is always used first, but reversal is slightly better against Rocks+Steels if I can burn stall down to where it'd be helpful. Registeel is a common face, so it helps take him down to low enough health where someone can come in and revenge.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Calm; 252HP 252SpDef 6SpAtk
Slack off
Surf
Calm Mind
Ice Beam

Slowbro is god. I made him thinking he was a special wall, but he takes every type of hits and just sweeps. I didn't mean for him to be a sweeper, but if he can get his CM up without being toxic'd, then the opponent is in trouble. Slack off recovers the health I lose while CMing and then Surf for STAB and Ice beam for coverage.

Weezing@Black Sludge
Bold; 252Def 252SpAtk 6Atk
Explosion
Will-o-Wisp
Flamethrower
SludgeBomb

Weezing is good. He helps take out the Gallade threats that appear. Hopefully they don't have psycho boost, though Weezing can survive one-two of those and hopefully get a Will-O-Wisp to connect. Sludge bomb is for STAB and Flamethrower is for the Steels who think they're all that. Explosion is helpful, but usually Weezing is a little slow. It usually scores me at least one KO.

Alakazam@Shell Bell
Modest; 252SpAtk 252Spe 6HP
Substitute
Psychic
Shadowball
Calm Mind

After butterfree puts something to sleep, I've occasionally swapped this guy in and set up, then proceeded to 6-0 someone with Psychic and Shadowball. After 6 Calm minds, which isn't hard when stalling a special attacker, I've stalled out a Blissey. Shadowball actually helps the team a lot, as a lot of ghosties come against me with my two normals, two psychics and a poison type. Alakazam is fast enough to get a strong hit off. Shell bell to take back substitute health. Again, helped me beat a blissey.

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
So, this is in the UU tier, I suppose?
I thought of NU until I saw Alakazam...
I suggest Energy Ball on Alakazam because of its poor defence it is not likely for him to survive physical attacks or special attacks while he is "Calm Minding".
Also a life orb, some choice specs/scarf for his item.

If you want a special wall, run Slowking, because it has more Sp. Defence than Slowbro. However, if you want a physical wall and increase its special def, that's ok. Just maximize its Def Ev's.
Something like 252 Def/ 252 HP/ 4 SpA or something like that.

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
Yeah, as the title said, it was UU.

Is Energy ball stronger than Shadowball/Psychic?
Or is that just because the physical guys are more weak to that?

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
No, I meant Calm Mind will be likely not to help your Alakazam because of its poor defences. As soon as it gets out, use Substitute and replace Calm Mind with Energy Ball because of the extra coverage.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
[Ampharos];10823140 said:
Yeah, as the title said, it was UU.

Is Energy ball stronger than Shadowball/Psychic?
Or is that just because the physical guys are more weak to that?

To answer quote:
Since waters run amuk in the UU teir, you might wanna think Energy Ball.
I would just stick with ShadowBall/Psychic.

Other things:
Use Leftovers instead of Shell Bell on Alakazam.
Otherwise, the team works well.