• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Take The Lombre Home! (339)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Takin' The Lombre Home!

After an accidental evolution, Brock's Lombre is asked to help some villagers call for Rain as there is a Solrock going around causing nothing but Sunny Days. However there is opposition against the use of Rain. Will the Solrock end up going away?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

What is this ep title pun for this ep?

What is this ep title pun for this ep? ;271; Also this ep looks so cool ;271; also what is up with lotad just evolving because they mostly evolve in battle?;271;

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
This thread's title is erroneous - it's supposed to be "Take the Lombre Home", and it's a parody of a song by Supertramp called "Take the Long Way Home". A lot of people around here don't seem to get it.

Chris

Old Coot
The dub title itself is rather..dumb cause it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the episode except for the fact that Lotad evolves into Lombre.

And Pokémon don't just HAVE to evolve from battle. They can evolve out of the blue or other reasons. o_O

PDL

disenchanted
Jesse GS the II said:
A lot of people around here don't seem to get it.

it's mostly because these children are too caught up with their Hilary Duff and Hoobastank to know anything about obscure bands from yesteryear

The dub title itself is rather..dumb cause it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the episode except for the fact that Lotad evolves into Lombre.

and I'm pretty sure the Japanese titles that pretty much give away the plotline of the story are way better

Puns may be the one of the lowest forms of humour, but I like'm just fine thank you :p

Chris

Old Coot
EvilKeckleon said:
and I'm pretty sure the Japanese titles that pretty much give away the plotline of the story are way better
Why yes they are since it grabs the people's interest and sparks curiosity on how things will unfold. :p

PDL

disenchanted
Edward Elric said:
Why yes they are since it grabs the people's interest and sparks curiosity on how things will unfold. :p

and the english episode titles don't somehow?

ah whatever, I'm not even going to argue anymore... it's pretty much pointless

Chris

Old Coot
Well, I'll agree that some do. But a majority of them, like this episode for instance, have absolutely nothing to do with the plot except for one Pokémon or so. Candid Camerupt is another good example. XD

V Faction

www.faction.com
Edward Elric said:
Well, I'll agree that some do. But a majority of them, like this episode for instance, have absolutely nothing to do with the plot except for one Pokémon or so. Candid Camerupt is another good example. XD

Having a Wailord of a Time: Bad. It was only in there for 3 minutes tops.

Take the Lombre Home: Good. Because Lotad frickkin' evolves. And a good part of the episode revolves around the villages wanting to use Lombre as a means of ridding themselves of the Solrock. So a title like this has a perfect meaning.

You want to talk bad ETR, you talk about HaWoaT, but not this.

[spoil]"Petalburg Gym Battle! Five Badges!" Hurray, now I don't have to sit through a whole episode to know the outcome. Thank You Japanese Titles, you're the best! ~_n[/spoil]

Chris

Old Coot
Yes, Lotad's evolution does play a role in this episode. But that's about the only thing the title's accurate about. Lombre. Nothing about taking it "home" even if it's a pun off of a song. Even bad dub titles such as "Good 'Quil Hunting" give you some form of an idea of what's going on in the episode.

Yellow

Banned
I can't wait to see this episode. I live in the US, and they didn't show any new episodes today. I hope Lombre's dub voice is cool!

Raize

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Well, I'm waiting for this eppy even from what I hear it's evolution was kinda strange or something o_O I wanna hear Lombre's dub voice It'll be a laugh most likely.

F

Factory Head Noland

This episode looks really good, I like Lombre very much. They had it's voice on Trainer's Choice a while ago, that is when I found out that it's pronounced as "Lombrey" and not "Lombra". I'm used to saying the real name now ^_^

Yes, Lotad's evolution does play a role in this episode. But that's about the only thing the title's accurate about. Lombre. Nothing about taking it "home" even if it's a pun off of a song. Even bad dub titles such as "Good 'Quil Hunting" give you some form of an idea of what's going on in the episode.

"Good 'Quil Hunting!" is one of the best dub titles out there! It explains the episode and it sounds cool.

;155;

Raize

Pokemonisgr8 said:
This episode looks really good, I like Lombre very much. They had it's voice on Trainer's Choice a while ago, that is when I found out that it's pronounced as "Lombrey" and not "Lombra". I'm used to saying the real name now ^_^

"Good 'Quil Hunting!" is one of the best dub titles out there! It explains the episode and it sounds cool.

;155;
I was wondering if they showed it's voice I didn't get to hear it's voice so I will still be waiting.

I always called it Lombrey" anyway i'll be waiting to hear it's voice now...

Raize

Yeah, I know I know who to say Hombre(though I'm hispanic I tend to say it like with out the ey part)

I agree with what you said up there Geodude about a goofy Pokemon deserving a unorthodox evo :p

PDL

disenchanted
wait... did this episode air on Jan 1 on KidsWB or didn't it?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I can't wait to see this episode, not only because I love the ex-Lotad, but also because I'll finally get to see the episode on a Saturday! At long last, the brain trusts at the networks in Chicago have moved Pokemon to its rightful slot on Saturday mornings, from Sunday mornings. Now I can watch Pokemon at the same time as the rest of the nation. :D Well, I'll probably be taping it and watching it later, but still, I can watch it at a normal time!