• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Take The Lombre Home! (339)

Raize

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
EvilKeckleon said:
wait... did this episode air on Jan 1 on KidsWB or didn't it?
No, It's airing like in the end of the month which kinda stinks though we shouldn't complain we got treated with 2 new eppys every saturday :)

Not more time to wait...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well, that was the most random evolution ever. I guess Lotad was just too dim-witted to know that he had enough exp. to evolve before this, or whatever.

The trainers choice was right this time. Maybe 4kids finally learned something about battling? I also liked how they remembered that Solrock was both Rock AND Psychic, they showed it using traits of both, not to mention Solarbeam and a Fire attack.

The rest of the episode was rather standard, nothing too exciting.

This was a great episode. What really stood out to me were the voices. Solrock's was quite new, as was lombre's. Mary's wasn't too bad, either. And, Lotad was pretty funny. It just jumped on the well bucket, and sat there. An everyone else thought it was about to do some miracle:D. I laughed hard at that. Lotad's evolution was rather unorthodox, but it was kinda funny. I liked Solrock, voice and character, and the way it made rain. Scientific^^. Wobuffet's pop-up with the binoculars was pretty funny, IMO.

Overall rating:
9.6 out of 10!!!!
An excellent evolution episode, with some science and comedy!! Quite a good mix, I think.

SC~ out

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Where's all the excitement needed for this Thread? This is the first new episode in what seems like forever (really only a couple of weeks).

-TC: Might as well get this out of the way. Yay, they kept it simple (Fire beats Grass) so no whining this time.

-There were some great quotes in this episode. I'd have to rewatch it to get them down exactly, but I'm sure ALL who watched heard that *** related one. Ah TR, we love your Adult Antics!

-Voices: Sounds like they went with Jessie's "Old Lady" voice for the Grandmother. I don't blame them. Mary's voice was quite nice. Lombre's was decent, but I'm sure people are going to go hog-wild over it. And correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the Japanese Solrock voice used, yes? Such an odd sound.

-Plot: People have never seemed to appreciate the way Lotad evolved here. I think it fits nicely.

PDL

disenchanted
I throughly enjoyed this episode... I can't think of anything bad about it

Solrock is now the winner of "the pokemon with the silliest voice"

seriously, how can anyone keep a straight face while hearing something that sounds like a middle-aged man flicking his fingers between his lips?

and there's another dub-added risque humor quote I throughly enjoyed (I can't remember what James said exactly though)

James: Well there goes our liquid assests!

Meowth: We'll have to kiss ours goodbye!

Thriller

Its almost time
Sheer Cold said:
Overall rating:
9.6 out of 10!!!!
An excellent filler, with some science and comedy!! Quite a good mix, I think.

Your right, I guess Lotad didnt evolve.

Why did the first blast off scene have Seviper in it? Seviper wasnt in the episode at all.

By my count, this episode is the first dubbed one to mention the word GOD! I'm glad 4Kids is smoothing down and trying to teach kids that God does exist.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Sheer Cold said:
An excellent filler, with some science and comedy!! Quite a good mix, I think.
SC~ out
What, filler? We have an evolution, there are no fillers here!

....alright, I'll admit that if you took Lotad evolving out of the picture, it would constitute as a standard filler, but hey, isn't that true for most other Captures and Evos!

EvilKeckleon said:
I throughly enjoyed this episode... I can't think of anything bad about it

Solrock is now the winner of "the pokemon with the silliest voice"

seriously, how can anyone keep a straight face while hearing something that sounds like a middle-aged man flicking his fingers between his lips?

and there's another dub-added risque humor quote I throughly enjoyed (I can't remember what James said exactly though)

James: Well there goes our liquid assests!

Meowth: We'll have to kiss ours goodbye!

Well lucky you for seeing it! because the uk stopped showing new eps for a whilie(not know how long but no new ep tomorow) so this has aired! what is Lombre's dub voice like?

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
I thought it was a pretty good episode. It was hilarious how little Lotad evolved. Lombre & Mary's voices seemed fitting to me. I think Solrock kept its Japanese voice. And Skitty was adorable! ^^ Overall, a nice episode.

PDL

disenchanted
stuarthillman said:
what is Lombre's dub voice like?

croaky-ish... or something... Imaigine Corpish with a sore throat or something..

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Next weeks episode looks a lot better than this one. Indeed this would have been a filler had Lotad not evolved. It reminded me of a mix of the Johto episode with Slowpoke in Azalea town, as well as "A Crowning Achievement" with Slowking. The town in a drought storyline is too overused, which is why the episode wasn't terribly interesting. Next weeks looks awesome though.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Assets XD

Skitty certainly seems to have a run of dumb lucky, and I mean DUMB. I wonder how long it will last?

V Faction

www.faction.com
Ash: I get it! That Lombre's not thinkin' any bad thoughts, right?
May: That's safe to assume...^_^
Max: Doubt Lombre's thinkin' any thoughts at all!

EDIT: So I'm not double posting...

More pronunciation slip-ups on my way of thinking.

Lombre:
My way - "Lohm - bray"
4Kids - "Lahm - bray"

Solrock:

My way - "Sawl - rock"
4Kids - "Sole - rock"

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Well, 4-Kids did pronounce Lombre right, because it is supposed to rhyme with Hombre. And Solrockshould be pronounced Sole, since that is also aspanish word meaning sun, and that how you say it.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Yeah, it was Take, not Takin'.

Anybody understand that pun.

And this episode also sort of reminded me of that Johto Filler, where TR was bottling up water and found Omanyte.

Well, Lombre's voice certainly was interesting. I was expecting it to be like Lotad's, only with the Spanish accent. Solrock kept its original voice, so I expect the same with Lunatone. The rain dance was very cute, and as close to the english name of a certain attack as we'll get since the Japanese name is 'Rain Prayer'! I caught the 'assets' quote as TR was blasting off; pretty funny. Overall; a cute little sub-filler featuring Lotad's evolution to Lombre: 8/10

I

Indigo

Here goes the ol' pros and cons method again:

Pros:

--The voice acting in this one wasn't too bad. Especially Mary. She didn't sound like your ordinary Pokémon one-day-filler girl. Good job, 4Kids.
--Science in Pokémon?!?! A refreshing "WTF?" sort of thing, IMO. ^^
--Brock is the hero again today! And more Mudkip! Hooray!
--Again, there's that chemistry between the Hoenn group. Brock trying to break up Max and May while Ash looks on and thinks to himself, "I remember when I used to fight like that." XD
--Is it just me, or is Brock getting a little less stale? Maybe it's the hiatus that threw me off, but he seemed pretty interesting this time around. Go 4Kids!
--TR used their brains a bit more today. Reminded me of the Cascade Badge episode. Yay!

Cons:

--The drought concept is overused as hell. The first time it was used was all the way back in Kanto. That's a long-running filler plotline. They have to get a little more creative next time.
--I just can't say anything about Pikachu anymore...maybe he's the character that's going stale.
--Solrock sounded so strange...Yikes.

Overall, it was pretty damn good. 8/10 from me. And did anyone else catch this:

"And make it double, I'm a thirsty guy!"

Something tells me that had a really sickening double meaning...Oo

PDL

disenchanted
Indigo said:
"And make it double, I'm a thirsty guy!"

Something tells me that had a really sickening double meaning...Oo

no, I think you're thinking too much into it :\