• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Take This House And Shuppet (357)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Shining Espeon said:
Geez, is Nuzleaf that hard of a Pokemon to rmember? This is the second time they've mixed him up with another Poke in Trainer's Choice. I think I want Who's That Pokemon? back now, and that's sad.

It's not that they mix up the names of the Pokemon, it's just that 4kids made the text for "Nuzleaf" and are too lazy to switch it.

4kids knows what a Nuzleaf looks like, they're just too lazy to change the text for all these Trainer choices.

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
Ash didn't so much die in that one as he had an out of body experience.

The chandilier(sp?) in "Tower of Terror" fell on Ash and Pikachu, thus killing them (he was only 10, so it could've). Haunter removed their spirits from their bodies temporarily.

lewdon12no2

Power Plant Explorer
For the U.S, they've probably whached it yesterday (Saturday 4th june AUS time) but for us Australians, we're watching Exploud and Clear tomorrow, know where near the episode yet.

M

Miss Torchic

yea the U.S. did watch it yesterday
but don't worry the episode will get to Austrailia^ ^

TooCoolScyther

Sea Ruby Trainer
Cybercubed said:
And dear god, did May just pull Brock by the ear? PLEASE NO, don't tell me May will start pulling Brock by the ear in every episode now. This is one of Misty's worst habits that I DON'T want to see May start doing that.

You probably didn't pay any attention to what May was saying when she pulled Brock's ear. She clearly said, "it's just like it's fate that ordained me to take over for Max!". Meaning, she only pulled his ear because Max wasn't there to do it. So assuming she'll start pulling Brock's ear in every episode is wrong.

I'm also surprised no one mentioned how funny it was to see TR yelling at each other and then have Shuppet use his powers on them. Then TR started saying nice stuff like, "Isn't life grand?" or something like that.

Good entertaining episode, but I was annoyed at how stupid the writers/drawers were for this. I mean... come on... we got this during Kanto. Did they not expect the old fans to still be watching it? That this would be "new" to everyone? They should be ashamed. There are plenty of things you can do with ghost Pokemon, so it shouldn't always have to revolve around an "abandoned/haunted house".

Another note: Totally surprised at how small Swellow was. Which is probably why they had Taillow evolve if you think about it. Swellow is too small for Ash to ride, which is perfect. They reason they ditched Pidgeot was because Ash could fly on it... and you don't want Ash flying all over the place reaching the destination faster right? ;) So that's probably why Ash gets to keep the Swellow.

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
He could've flown on Charizard. He probably wouldn't've thought of riding on Pidgeot if he kept it, just like Charizard.

BTW, that is how big a Swellow is, check the Pokedex.

Rudoku

Your mom
Flygon Prince said:
Eye color can change as you get older.

The choices for TC were Sealeo, Exploud, or Dustox vs Tyrouge. They chose Exploud but Dustox was a better choice. 4x resistance and knows Psychic attacks.
I think they considered the fact that Dustox is a horrible pokemon in that TC.

TooCoolScyther

Sea Ruby Trainer
Rudoku said:
I think they considered the fact that Dustox is a horrible pokemon in that TC.

Ya, probably because it belongs to TeamRocket... so 4kids didn't bat an eye on Dustox.

Encyclopika

The Queen
This episode, IMO, had two main purposes and besides them it could have been completely forgotten about. ONE - introduce Shuppet and TWO - give Torchic its last screen times and Swellow more screen time so that we don't forget it evolved last episode.

The trainer choice, again, disappointed me. I voted for Dustox to win that one because since Tyrogue is a Fighting type, Dustox learns, on its own, Psychic moves. But they went with Normal type Exploud, which confused me greatly. Oh well, I guess what someone said about it having more defense power to counter is a good idea, but Distox still learns attacks that counter Tyrogue's whole element.

This episode was uniquely funny - the poofy hair, and James' line "Blaming a man for wanting something to eat is hitting below the belt" (or something like that) made me laugh real hard.

Besides that, this episode was like Tower of Terror and that early Shroomish episode (where the Shroomish were attacking workers out of a house for it was their home) mixed together. It was good and I loved Shuppet. It's voice matched up perfectly. So, overall - a 8.9 out of 10. Pretty good for a filler I say.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I'm sick of all these Ghost Pokemon using nothing but Psychic. At least Dusclops had 3 moves, 2 unique. The Nuzleaf thing is a bit troubling..makes you wonder who is making the calls. The episode kinda sucked.

Aw, Shuppet's voice was so cute!^_^ I can really relate to Max this episode--I get picked on or insulted so many times in school I usually run out of my class at least once a week.:( BTW, the pun for this eppie was pretty good, considering what happened halfway through.:) I also went with Dustox in the Trainer's Choice; but I'm guessing they went with Exploud because it's WAY stronger than Dustox(and thus would knock Tyrogue unconcious in a heartbeat). Besides, excluding Egg Moves, the only attack Tyrogue learns is TACKLE.;) 7.5/10 here. Now let's start praying Combusken gets a nicer voice next episode(or at least one that's feminine)...

Pika Hikari KT said:
Aw, Shuppet's voice was so cute!^_^ I can really relate to Max this episode--I get picked on or insulted so many times in school I usually run out of my class at least once a week.:( BTW, the pun for this eppie was pretty good, considering what happened halfway through.:) I also went with Dustox in the Trainer's Choice; but I'm guessing they went with Exploud because it's WAY stronger than Dustox(and thus would knock Tyrogue unconcious in a heartbeat). Besides, excluding Egg Moves, the only attack Tyrogue learns is TACKLE.;) 7.5/10 here. Now let's start praying Combusken gets a nicer voice next episode(or at least one that's feminine)...
Twenty dollars says they use Ludicolo/Shiftry/Exploud's voice for Combusken.

SC~ out

E

Ethereal

This ep was "meh" at best....There was nothing bad with it, it was just not THE best of the fillers...Late Johto-ish filler quality at best.

Good Point:
-Swellow....Yes.

Bad Point:
-I wanted some Banette action, but I've already seen the doll in action already, so whatever. *wink*

OK...Trainer's Choice....WHAT. THE. F***? -_-;;; Dustox was the best fecking choice. Dumb, non-caring 4Kids.

Edit: SC, why would they use Blaziken's voice for that dancing turkey, Combusken? o_O; Since Blaziken has Exploud, Shiftry, and Ludicolo's (kinda) voice.

Because it's the only voice 4Kids uses for a Pokémon they have never see before/don't care about. Having never heard of Porygon2, they'd probably use a computer beeping and shove in the words "Porygon2" >>. Or just use that deep voice they give everything.
BTW, that was a joke(which insulted 4Kids at the same time >=D). I wasn't serious(although I can see it happening >>). IMO, they'll probably use Swellow's voice for it, as it's rather fitting for Combusken.

SC~ out

V Faction

www.faction.com
Combusken already has a voice.

See "Having a Wailord of a Time" and Destiny Deoxys.

Jynxie said:
OK...Trainer's Choice....WHAT. THE. F***? -_-;;; Dustox was the best fecking choice. Dumb, non-caring 4Kids.
Temper Jynxie. It's not that they don't care, it's just that they're stupid.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode was definitely... different. I didn't like the May/Max fight very much. Fighting with humor is very very good ("The Bicker the Better", Totodile's first episode). Fighting seriously is very very bad. Any fighting that leaves you with a knot in your stomach just doesn't help an episode. On the other hand, I did love how lovey-dovey Team Rocket got each time they were cured. :D

Also, ROFLOL with the afros. :D I also thought it was an interesting throwback to see the ponyta carousel. It reminded me so much of "The Tower of Terror".

6/10 for me.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Meh, I don't have the patience to read the three pages before this right now, so excuse me if I say something ignorent to the previous posts.

Anyway, I was taking the SAT last Saturday morning, so I had to tape this episode. :/

The beginning was rather strange; first talking about the universe, then everybody's hear was curled by a beam from some kind of raygun or something?

Shuppet was interesting.

Personally, The Tower of Terror tops this episode. Pokemon Tower is just like this place, except a hundred times spookier. For one thing, it was very dark. o_O

I give this episode a 7/10.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I thought this episode was pretty good. But Ash shouldn't be afraid of Ghost Pokémon, he once had a Haunter remember?

It was neat how that house was sort of like the one in The Tower of Terror - with the toys and stuff. If yall noticed Shuppet kinda sounded like Mudkip in a way.

I give this ep 8/10

-Scott-;229;

Heracross

Custom User Title
This was a good episode. For some reason I really like when it rains, so the beginning was cool, and enormous old mansions are always good too, especially when there's a thunderstorm outside. ^_^

The similarities between this episode and "Tower of Terror" were kinda funny - I knew as soon as they walked into the room with the tables all set with dishes and stuff that they were going to start flying around the room. XD I'm actually rather surprised Satoshi and Takeshi didn't mention anything about their similar experience with ghosts back in Kanto, but whatever.

I liked how they played "Challenger" during the fight with the Rocket-dan, and the ending music from Kanto is always nice... for me anyways. XP

G

Gryphon Turboclaw

Alfonso said:
No it couldn't. You obviously have no idea about how the Pokemon game works- A Pokemon like Tyrouge cannot beat a Pokemon like Exploud, even *with* a STABed, Super Effective hit. Why?

Okay, let's pretend we have a Exploud and a Tyrogue. This is without Items, btw, so we don't have any cheap a*s Quick Claws, or Focus Bands.

At Lv. 50, as you say, a Tyrouge's MAX (With Nature and 252 Attack EVs.) is 95. Now, what do you do next? Pump the rest into Speed for a quick move? Or Defense to hope you survive the Attack? It's HP is also a crappy 110.

Speed: 87
Defense: 87 (Max, without Nature, because it's Adamant to be able to actually beat something.)

Now, with Exploud, it's Max Attack at Lv. 50 is 157 with Max EVs and Nature and it's Defense is 115 with Max EVs. And guess what it's Speed is? 88. That's one point higher than Tyrouge's Max Speed, and that's without ANY EVs or Stat Upping Nature. So it's faster, has more Attack power and can survive a hit, too.

And what about a Special Attacking Exploud? HP Psychic= OHKO.

Failed. Get to know what you're talking about before you start going on about how Exploud would lose. -_-

Not to mention Extrasensory(slightly stronger and with twice the PP in comparison to HP Psychic, with flinching abilities to boot); in fact, I have a dream of someday toting a Common Killer Exploud with Extrasensory(Fighters), Flamethrower(Steels), Hyper Voice(STAB), and Shadow Ball(Ghosts).

I thought the mini-feuding between Max and May was well-handled(though I'll bet that Brock was reminded of the rows between Ash and Misty), as was the way that they eventually resolved it. Shuppet was a lot cuter than some might think(why no one on the staff ever thought to let Jessie have another shot at one, or a Banette for that matter, is beyond me).

May pulling ears? No thanks, though thankfully she's still dead last in that category(behind Ash, in fact).