• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Takeshi and Hikari, to appear in episodes specials on 3 february 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Same reason the Pokeathlon got 1 measly episode in DP, and the Musicals, if they get featured at all, will probably only get 1 or 2 episodes.
I thought the reason for that was obvious. There wasn't much they can really do with the Pokeathlon in the anime. It is basically sports and if they changed it to included battles they'd just be contests under a new name.

Grei

not the color
The bottom line is Hoenn won't be revisited because the writers have no reason to return the group to an older region. Kanto was a one-time thing.

You have no way of knowing this. Again, you do not and cannot know for sure, no matter how much you delude yourself.

And yes, they have a reason. It starts with "RS" and ends with "remakes."

CyberCubed said:
And I seriously cannot see them doing another Battle Frontier arc. You have to remember, in Emerald it was a new thing at the time, it needed promotion, much like the Contests, now it is old hat. Ash would never turn down a challenge, but if the writers never introduce Ash to it he'll never know about it.

This isn't reasoning against Ash going to a Hoenn Battle Frontier. In fact, it's need of promotion is more reasoning for it to happen.

CyberCubed said:
Likewise, I didn't see Ash telling Palmer he wanted to challenge the other Frontier Brains.

Let's weigh the possibilities:

Ash tells Palmer that he'll challenge other Frontier Brains but never actually does (causing an unresolved plot), or

Ash doesn't say anything about the Frontier Brains to Palmer, because Ash may or may not actually challenge them (which he doesn't)

Which route would the writers logically prefer to go?

CyberCubed said:
Same reason the Pokeathlon got 1 measly episode in DP, and the Musicals, if they get featured at all, will probably only get 1 or 2 episodes.

Gaiash covered this, but that's no excuse--the Pokeathlon couldn't have been turned into some big quest, especially since there was nobody to follow such a quest.

Overall, CyberCubed--you have no idea what the writers will or will not do. I'm not going to continue this off-topic argument because frankly, it's pointless. I know that I'm right and that you're wrong, regardless of if you are too stubborn to admit it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It does not matter which one of us is right or wrong, what matters is the writers would not ignore a sidequest/old region and then suddenly do the next one. So what will happen, Battle Frontier 1 and 3 will be featured but #2 will always be mysteriously absent?

For that matter R/S remakes are still an uncertainty in itself.

I also think its obvious BW is moving faster cause Iris has no real quest and they don't want to turn into filler-hell again like what happened in Johto because Misty didn't do anything.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
You have no way of knowing this. Again, you do not and cannot know for sure, no matter how much you delude yourself.

Didn't you hear? CyberCubed is part of the writing staff for the Anime.

And yes, they have a reason. It starts with "RS" and ends with "remakes."

Uh..... Grey? We have no idea for that yet.

This isn't reasoning against Ash going to a Hoenn Battle Frontier. In fact, it's need of promotion is more reasoning for it to happen.

That may kinda sorta cause a plot hole, as in the games everyone knows that the KBF is actually the HBF but I can see the Unova Battle Frontier being the new HBF, but that'll cause something eventually.

Let's weigh the possibilities:

Ash tells Palmer that he'll challenge other Frontier Brains but never actually does (causing an unresolved plot), or

Ash doesn't say anything about the Frontier Brains to Palmer, because Ash may or may not actually challenge them (which he doesn't)

Which route would the writers logically prefer to go?

Option B. But thats not the point. Where is logic on this forum?

Gaiash covered this, but that's no excuse--the Pokeathlon couldn't have been turned into some big quest, especially since there was nobody to follow such a quest.

Brock maybe?

Overall, CyberCubed--you have no idea what the writers will or will not do. I'm not going to continue this off-topic argument because frankly, it's pointless. I know that I'm right and that you're wrong, regardless of if you are too stubborn to admit it.

He might....

mockingjay

swift and lol
Also, no old Pokemon have appeared in Isshu so far (besides Persian), so I doubt the writers will do such a thing in Best Wishes.

Because of that supports the fact that we're going to be travelling to the Hoenn region. If there aren't any Hoenn Pokemon in Unova, how are they suppose to promote the RSE remakes?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Can you guys discuss the Dawn & Brock Specials.... not some stupid R/S/E Remakes which probably won't happen for another 2 years? Seriously, get back on topic! If you want to discuss about a possible remake go to the Video Game Subforum, type your hearts out over there, not here.

I never really commented on Dawn's special much but nobody seems excited about Cyndaquil evolving.... so I'll be the first one on this thread to say it, YAY Cyndaquil's evolving!!!:D

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
Dawn's story was already pretty much done with DP191, so it doesn't matter.

Aside from her Cynda evolving, (which really doesn't matter much), there doesn't seem to be much going for her episode. Dawn just helps a beginning trainer who has a Chimchar, and they probably just get attacked by Ariados again outside Rowan's lab.

I wish they'd use the Dawn special to have her meet up with Ambipom again somehow, but that sadly isn't happening.

So Dawn starting a new journey is nothing special?

mockingjay

swift and lol
Well, Ash's Cyndaquil just evolved so seeing Dawn's Cynda evolve to me isn't all that.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
What happened to DP 192 and 193?

I believe AuraMaster was referring to streetlightdsb's post:

Street seemed to have made a mistake by saying DP194 & DP195, when it should have been DP192 & DP193.... or am I reading it wrong?=/
Bleeeeeh I'm stupid. Herp derp. Yeah I should have said DP192 and DP193.
Perhaps I was thinking of AG; that had 193 episodes, right?

There are 2 episodes of looking back at what has happened in DP so far back when DP was airing which can be considered DP192 and 193.

That wasn't what I meant, but thanks for backing me up anyway :)

pokemon fan 132

Oh please, this is not a complicated show. The writers only guidelines are to advertise the current games and whatever characters are introduced in those games.

If its so simple to predict things than howcome most of your predictions turned out to be false?
I still remember you stating how May will never be replaced.
-how Gliscor will end up abandoned never to be seen again.
-how Ash will challenge E4 in Sinnoh later on pretending like"writers lied to us" etc.

Reason is quite simple,its because you dont know any more than we do.Sure at times you guess some things right just like everyone else,but due to excessive amount of speculation everyone are bound to gusess something correctly sometimes.However point is that most of time fanbase speculation tends to go into wrong direction.

If writers want they could revisit Hoenn region which would go along with gamers and possible Ruby and sapphire remakes.,They dont have to do it,but they have this option at their disposal in case they wish to do some mini filler arc over there.
Considering how point of show is to promote games,i cant see what would be wrong with doing it in appropriate region for it in case remakes happen.

I hope they don't revisit any more regions. The Battle Frontier was such a disappointment. It had so much potential; there were so many things they could have done.

Completely agreed,.Battle Frontier was to me giant waste of potential.It seemed almost nothing like Kanto and all this opportunity to revisit some older places,gym leaders etc was dropped into water.This was also perfect opportunity to bring Misty back for awhile aswell considering she wasnt far away doing something with her story and unfinished parts like her goal but they blew it aswell.

I remember quite alot of people saying how if any region was ideal to bring this character back,it would be this one to join group for a season developing it more and fixing some of mistakes.

I also think its obvious BW is moving faster cause Iris has no real quest and they don't want to turn into filler-hell again like what happened in Johto because Misty didn't do anything.

Or it could be that they are making it faster because theyre planning to include some filler arc like they did with Oange Islanbds and Battle Frontier.

Talking abut Iris she wont have to same extent dedicated focus on her quest but for now her story is still pretty much wrapped in myster not knowing in what direction writers are going to with her character.

Writing has improved since Johto days with ex head writer already explaining why Misty didnt do enough in Johto(due to his mistake leaving lot of ptential to develop character unused).It cant get more official than that,so im pretty sure by now writting staf realized how to handle properly females in group if Max or Dawn are anything to go by.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
So if these are counted as Diamond and pearl episodes, Diamond and Pearl will have more episodes than Advance Generation/Battle Frontier, i think someone said that if these are just specials it wont air outside of japan, which is kind of a bummer.

Is the reason we only saw 2 generation 5 Pokemon in sinnoh because they are aren't know to be common in other places.

I know other Pokemon aren't common in isshu but are Isshu Pokemon common in other regions, if so then these could be Denchura, apposed to Ariados, but i guess I'm dreaming, oh well, also cyndaquil might evolve during the fight, i prefer it evolved differently because it's so predictable.

Mew~

We knew Dawn was going to set out on a new journey anyway. I also don't see why it matters, we're likely not going to see anything of Dawn in whatever region she goes to next.
Yes, but we are actually going to see her start it. Im my perspective I see it as like when Hakura went to johto, only we get to see her pokémon evolve etc, on screen. (that is if they carry on with the specials like in Hoenn)
I also don't see why it matters, we're likely not going to see anything of Dawn in whatever region she goes to next.
Well then it should be the same as Satoshi, we've been following satoshi for over 10 years...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
My problem with the Dawn special is the plot looks like a bad filler.

Instead of being about Dawn, its about this new beginning trainer who chooses a Chimchar. They get attacked by Ariados and they use their fire starters to battle them off, causing Cynda to evolve.

We learn nothing more about Dawn's character here, no other rivals or old characters appear, and we knew Dawn was going to set off somewhere anyway.

The Brock special on the other hand looks a million times more interesting, which says a lot, as Brock hasn't been relatively interesting in a while.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
My problem with the Dawn special is the plot looks like a bad filler.

Instead of being about Dawn, its about this new beginning trainer who chooses a Chimchar. They get attacked by Ariados and they use their fire starters to battle them off, causing Cynda to evolve.

We learn nothing more about Dawn's character here, no other rivals or old characters appear, and we knew Dawn was going to set off somewhere anyway.

The Brock special on the other hand looks a million times more interesting, which says a lot, as Brock hasn't been relatively interesting in a while.
Oh sorry Cyber I didn't realize you had already watched the episodes. How do you know the rivals won't appear? And Rowan is an old character and he is appearing.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Oh sorry Cyber I didn't realize you had already watched the episodes. How do you know the rivals won't appear? And Rowan is an old character and he is appearing.

If any old rivals would appear they would have been shown.

And who cares that Rowan is appearing?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
If any old rivals would appear they would have been shown.

And who cares that Rowan is appearing?

Not really. We've seen what 6 photos and about 2 seconds of footage? The rivals could still appear.

And you said, no old characters were appearing, but you are wrong since Rowan is an old character, and no doubt Johanna is there too so she's an old character. So yes, you are wrong, there is an old/are old characters appearing.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Not really. We've seen what 6 photos and about 2 seconds of footage? The rivals could still appear.

Yet the Brock special shows his entire family and a Nurse Joy.

If Zoey or anyone else was in this, they would have been shown.

And you said, no old characters were appearing, but you are wrong since Rowan is an old character, and no doubt Johanna is there too so she's an old character. So yes, you are wrong, there is an old/are old characters appearing.

Johanna/Rowan were expected, and they aren't typically exciting characters that people were dying to see again. They're just there because they have to be there.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Yet the Brock special shows his entire family and a Nurse Joy.

If Zoey or anyone else was in this, they would have been shown.

Johanna/Rowan were expected, and they aren't typically exciting characters that people were dying to see again. They're just there because they have to be there.

Well that's because Brock has an advantage since he has a huge family. And a Nurse Joy? Wow! You got me there, extremely exciting characters you got there. (Sarcasm.)

Not really though, since the writers may want to keep Zoey or anyone else a secret and not show them. And Johanna may appear (most likely) but she hasn't been shown.

I would like to see Johanna again. She was a good coordinator. And I'd liked to see more of her.
Brock's family are also there because they have to be there. Since they live in the gym where the episode is based.

Status
Not open for further replies.