• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Takeshi and Hikari, to appear in episodes specials on 3 february 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
I haven't seen it in years. Since at least 07 or 06. It did have some good episodes even if it had terrible writing...

Haha. Nostalgia freak me.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
What?

10charlimit

No...I just meant I remember all the old episodes like the back of my hand :D

On topic, I cant believe I even forgot this Nurse Joy from that episode. But the point of that story was, I think, for her to hide away in her coat and shades and verify that the gyms were actually worthy................pity she didnt just bring out Moltres or something there eh?

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
How far forward can you go with that? OI? Johto? Hoenn?

I didnt even have the chance sadly to watch Johto or Hoenn. I suppose youre in America? In Britain, the channels gave up on the show halfway through Johto. Was a pleasant surprise to come back and find some of what Ash had done, and unpleasant to find some of the rest.

I only started watching the japanese version at the time Ash got Gible. But because I have only two sagas I remember from my youth, I just know them too well :)

Last edited:

benknightprime

Master Trainer
I just saw the trailer. All I gathered was that Dawn's Cyndiquil evolved, Brock has pictures of all the groups except OI because he wasn't in it, Joy has a Latias, and that there is a Ryperior in the Pewter Gym

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I didnt even have the chance sadly to watch Johto or Hoenn. I suppose youre in America? In Britain, the channels gave up on the show halfway through Johto. Was a pleasant surprise to come back and find some of what Ash had done, and unpleasant to find some of the rest.

I only started watching the japanese version at the time Ash got Gible. But because I have only two sagas I remember from my youth, I just know them too well :)

They just dropped it without anyone caring? Do they show DP?

P.S You can watch the English dub on Youtube.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
First Brandon was walking around with the Reggie trio, understandable, then Takuto had a Darkrai and Latios, annoying as it was only a plot point, but forgivable, Nurse Joy walking around was a Latias?! What the Hell writers? I mean I know she's supposed to be an authority when it comes to gyms but a Nurse Joy with a legendary, even a minor one is kinda pushing it imo. Where are these people getting these legendaries these days, I mean was there just a half price sale somewhere and Ash just never got the memo?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
First Brandon was walking around with the Reggie trio, understandable, then Takuto had a Darkrai and Latios, annoying as it was only a plot point, but forgivable, Nurse Joy walking around was a Latias?! What the Hell writers? I mean I know she's supposed to be an authority when it comes to gyms but a Nurse Joy with a legendary, even a minor one is kinda pushing it imo. Where are these people getting these legendaries these days, I mean was there just a half price sale somewhere and Ash just never got the memo?

The've gone crazy.......

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Why the hell would Brock have Tracey on his wall?

Brock only ever saw Tracey for 2 episodes, in the Orange finale. Remember, Brock and Tracey never met again throughout all of AG.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
They just dropped it without anyone caring? Do they show DP?

P.S You can watch the English dub on Youtube.

Yeah...........they got to halfway through OI, stopped for a few months and suddenly started halfway through Johto, then got to Jasmine and dropped it from the air.

I supposed people cared, but the problem with Britain is that we are very temporary; we watch and love one thing and can forget it in a couple months. Like talent show winners or reality TV, anything celeb, we will give the winners and other contestants maximum fanfare for the time they are swanning around the TV, then they will disappear from the public eye so rapidly you wouldnt even notice. Same with Pokemon, Britain just stopped caring about Pokemon when Ash went to Johto. The only game after Crystal that reached the top of the game charts was Fire Red, and it lasted only one week; considering how few DS and GBA games are sold in Britain anyway, you can probably understand why Pokemon cannot grow again. If the games cannot reach the top of a chart for a console that does not sell highly anyway, then the show cannot prosper. Shame really.

I found a better place to watch the dub; I cant cite it here, but it has all the movies and eps on one website. So Im just really catching up, I spent more time caring about sport and personal life, now in my free time Im just going back to see where all the storylines went :D

Why the hell would Brock have Tracey on his wall?

Brock only ever saw Tracey for 2 episodes, in the Orange finale. Remember, Brock and Tracey never met again throughout all of AG.

Bear in mind, we were shown that by the writers. In the story, those meetings could have stretched for weeks.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Yeah...........they got to halfway through OI, stopped for a few months and suddenly started halfway through Johto, then got to Jasmine and dropped it from the air.

I supposed people cared, but the problem with Britain is that we are very temporary; we watch and love one thing and can forget it in a couple months. Like talent show winners or reality TV, anything celeb, we will give the winners and other contestants maximum fanfare for the time they are swanning around the TV, then they will disappear from the public eye so rapidly you wouldnt even notice. Same with Pokemon, Britain just stopped caring about Pokemon when Ash went to Johto. The only game after Crystal that reached the top of the game charts was Fire Red, and it lasted only one week; considering how few DS and GBA games are sold in Britain anyway, you can probably understand why Pokemon cannot grow again. If the games cannot reach the top of a chart for a console that does not sell highly anyway, then the show cannot prosper. Shame really.

I found a better place to watch the dub; I cant cite it here, but it has all the movies and eps on one website. So Im just really catching up, I spent more time caring about sport and personal life, now in my free time Im just going back to see where all the storylines went :D

That's nice. Not about the first one-that's funny.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I really like that Brock has group photos of the three gangs. The Original Brock, Ash, and Misty sent a miniwave of nostalgia through me.

Indeed. Its even pre-Togepi Misty, the one that people remember fondly. Not the Johto!Togepi Misty who was viewed the same way Brock was in DP.

But seeing those 3 pics on the wall really makes you realize just how long the show has been running.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

Bear in mind, we were shown that by the writers. In the story, those meetings could have stretched for weeks.
In Britain they showed Pokemon on Saturday mornings on SMTV: Live, they got through the OI and onto Johto when it moved on the new show on the Roof or something with that Jamie guy, your right it got half way, but then it switched to a 7:00am showing on Sky1 and then Cartoon Network picked it up for AG and the first season of DP, but then it switched to Jetix and Disney XD and now Sinnoh League Victors is on CITV channel in the mornings. Its always been on in Britain, just switched around so many channels. And in GAME, and Tesco, the 4th gen games have reached the top of the game chart and stayed their for a few weeks. Platinum however didn't stay as long as the others.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Actually, the DS Pokemon games consistently reached high in the UK charts and they have a long sale life, being in the charts months longer than most games

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Nurse Joy with a Latias? WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!?! Now I wish Tobias had a Latias instead of a Latios. At least he was an awesome trainer unlike Joy, who's supposed to be babysitting Pokemon at the centre. I can only hope that Joy didn't capture Latias, rather befriended it.

Brock has pictures of him with Ash, May, Max, Dawn on the bulletin board. That is pure awesomeness. It goes to show that Brock still remembers his old friends that he has travelled with. Makes me reminisce the past, and all the good memories that came along with it as well. Ah well, looking forward to this specials :)

It also makes you realize that all of Brock's many adventures had happened within a year since Ash is still supposedly 10 years old.

There is no set time frame in the anime. Just because Ash is still 10 doesn't mean everything is happening within the span of one year. It's like how the celebration of the first anniversary of Ash and Pikachu meeting doesn't necessarily depict that one year has passed by according to the anime standard.

shac

Nurse Joy with a Latias? WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!?! Now I wish Tobias had a Latias instead of a Latios. At least he was an awesome trainer unlike Joy, who's supposed to be babysitting Pokemon at the centre. I can only hope that Joy didn't capture Latias, rather befriended it.

This. Otherwise it does not make any sense whatsoever.

Rokroad

Hot Drops
Why did they have to give Joy a Latias ? There over a 600 hundred other Pokémon they could have give her, and she ends up with a legendary.

Remmie

That reminds me, in a preview I saw Brock's Sudowoodo falling for the move attract. Could that be Nurse Joy's Latias? If yes, Sudowoodo is male. Now we could say that we now all of the genders of Brock's Sinnoh team. Now with Dawn's Pachirisu, Mamoswine and Cyndaquil(Quilava). Anybody has an idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.