• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Takeshi and Hikari, to appear in episodes specials on 3 february 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
They saved it for later so they could use it promote any merchandise that commemorates the DP series.

Also, I don't see any of the Japanese fans talking about Paul showing up again. I think that person misunderstood something?

There is apparently two other specials, one of which is Paul having a rematch with Brandon. However, there is no evidence to support this claim.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I hope Paul finally beats Brandon! :D XD

Wow! these are some great news, finally we got new Poke-Chronicles Omg I'm so ****ing happy!!!

Can't you people wait before this stuff is actually confirmed before going all happy!?

Waterpokes

This is both great and awful. For once, I love Swampert, Ambipom and Quilava and Paul, but on the other hand, we get Dawn and Brock, the two people I didn't really want to see. I mean, they could have done this with Max and May too. I do like the fact that they make former characters get screentime again, but Dawn and Brock (and Paul)? If we waited for about two years or something, then I would say: Hell yes!!! Now, I won't.

Hopefully this new Pokemon Chronicles will give us other former characters, like May, Max, Tracey Misty and other people as well because too be honest here, they need it the most. Dawn and Brock left the show 12 weeks ago, while the others left it 4-8 years ago.

Of course, I will most likely enjoy this special and I will enjoy it even more if they let former characters appear. And Quilava, Swampert and Ambipom deserves some love <3

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Guys the Paul one was just speculation, don't count on more of this. But hey this is awesome. Can't wait for Swampert and Quilava.

Teshub

Banned
This is both great and awful. For once, I love Swampert, Ambipom and Quilava and Paul, but on the other hand, we get Dawn and Brock, the two people I didn't really want to see. I mean, they could have done this with Max and May too. I do like the fact that they make former characters get screentime again, but Dawn and Brock (and Paul)? If we waited for about two years or something, then I would say: Hell yes!!! Now, I won't.

Hopefully this new Pokemon Chronicles will give us other former characters, like May, Max, Tracey Misty and other people as well because too be honest here, they need it the most. Dawn and Brock left the show 12 weeks ago, while the others left it 4-8 years ago.

I see, another typical Dawn hater. But you have to realize they won't do any chronicles on those characters like May or Misty because they already made their cameos and had their time. The anime cannot be a conga line of old characters showing up to please the nostalgia addicts. It is only there to promote products. The company is still trying to milk the DP franchise because there's still some unreleased music left, like many of those Kimi no Soba de/Hikari's theme versions.

Dax

Legend
I thought Dawn was never going to return. Nice to see it happen although I would have liked if Buneary evolved instead of Cyndaquil. The episode seems to be focused on Buneary which I still think its one of the cutest pokemon in the anime.

I don't care about Brock but the Swampert bit seems interesting.

I hope we get to see what happened to Ash's Sinnoh team.

Teshub

Banned
There is a theory on the Japanese boards that Fantina/Melissa might be from Unova. Although she seems French in the dub, she used a lot of English phrases like Dento in the Japanese version. There could be a hint about something that will happen in BW in the future if they mention Ash.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Omg brocks back!!!! Hell to the ya!!!! And yay his first fully evolved starter!!! Im just happy he beat dawn in this category and another note damn we have to see piplup again :)( jk well kind of). Hope fully ashs buizel evolves back at the lab in a practice match with ashs bulbaasaur (hey I can dream can't I?). Also maybe well see what happend to gliscor lol.

RickHoenn

Banned
Can't you people wait before this stuff is actually confirmed before going all happy!?

I'm sorry :( but excitement gets to you sometimes you know...

Anyway, uber happy for Brock's and Dawn's special! and let's wait to see if there are more hosos!!!

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
BOOM! After a few weeks away, I come back after this excellent news! I knew they'd return! Could this be the start of a new chronicles series? OH BOY! (I think so, since Ash's Buizel is mentioned)
SUCK ON THAT MAY AND MAX!
AHAHA
(gone to my head a bit)
I'm so happy, also, if this is a Buneary episode? POSSIBLE BUNEARY EVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so so frigging happy! My favourites are back in their very own episode! Its like a dream come true! No Ash, or Pikachu, an episode based on Dawn and Brock!!!!!!!! Wonder if they'll get in contact with each other!!!!! I guess they won't be appearing in Unova then.

Oh and Swampert makes an excellent edition. I really hope Dawn gets a Typhlosion now, that would then mean, Ash has Charizard and Infernape, Dawn has Typhlosion and May has Blazekin completing the fully evolved fire starters of the first 4 regions, plus Ash's main friends who are girls get a fully evolved fire starter.
EXCITING! If this is a special and then about a month or so later, a new chronicles starts up based on Dawn and Brock with other Sinnoh characters making an appearance, I would love for it to get better ratings than the main show or enough ratings to keep it going.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Holy cow! Dawn and Brock are still alive? And even more then that, Brock has a Swampert, and Dawn has a Quilava, take that everyone who says Dawn can't evolve Pokemon! Swampert completes the Hoenn starter evolution's that is great. Dawn with a Quilava....didn't think it would actually happen. Look's like Pachirisu's riding on it's head. I can see her getting a Typhlosion much faster then Ash. Her's was still a baby and it evolves now? Ash she's putting you to shame. What is it with Trainer's leaving Ash and getting so much better? I don't really care about Buizel. Quilava, Swampert and Ambipom make this amazing, and no amount of Dawn hating can bring it down. Seriously I thought she was done in the series so I never gave her much thought for a return. Look's like while Ash is losing to rookie trainer's and there Snivy's, Brock and Dawn are actually moving in the right direction. It's pretty sad that this is the most excited I've been for the Pokemon anime since Bel/Belle was announced to appear.

BWfan

I'm happy that Swampert's happenin, and it is interesting to see what happens to Dawn and Brock.( As long as they dont come to Isshu now, I'm happy with this. Or else I'd call it unfair really)

But I still hate it that Dawn's cyndaquil Evolves! Why could they not treat Ash's pokemon well, his pokemon always seem to take bad treatment.

@Buizel: Wow cool, hope it evolves. It would have been nice to see an ultra-torterra redemption though.

If a new chronicles series is starting, I want to see mainly what happens to ash's pokemon, and tracey( because he's been treated like **** as well)

Chimchar15

I see, another typical Dawn hater. But you have to realize they won't do any chronicles on those characters like May or Misty because they already made their cameos and had their time. The anime cannot be a conga line of old characters showing up to please the nostalgia addicts. It is only there to promote products. The company is still trying to milk the DP franchise because there's still some unreleased music left, like many of those Kimi no Soba de/Hikari's theme versions.

Just because he doesn't like Dawn doesn't mean he isn't entitled to his own opinion. You really need to stop going Dawn crazy. She's appearing but so is Brock remember that. Aso stop with the whole dijoubu stuff. It's not her catchphase. Anyways I do hope that they continue this and show off other characters as well because let's face it waterpokes is kind of right. I mean we have characters that need a lot more focus than these two but I won't get my hopes up yet.

Edit: Also this is not apart of Best Wishes is a side story ting like chronicles. I really glad because I'm really enjoying Best Wishes and I don't need these guys ruining it for me.

Thriller

Its almost time
WOOOOO!

It's about goddamned time they bring these types of specials back. I'll now be expecting adventures with Shinji, Jun, and yes, May & Max.

Last edited:

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
Zomg Swampert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
actually, this is just wat i needed: something new and unexpected.
i wonder if this means that takeshi and hikari travels together, cause many peapole have said that they didnt feel like they were such good friends,and the only thing keeping them together was satoshi. (ok not exactly in THIS thread, but in many others) guess thats bs now.
wonder if theyll battle some villains, like butch and cassidy or some galactic goons that are left...

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Hmm...I just noticed, this isn't simply a side-story episode airing on Sunday, it's literally replacing the main show I assume since Feb. 3rd is a Thursday.

Graham Aker

Ash she's putting you to shame. What is it with Trainer's leaving Ash and getting so much better? I don't really care about Buizel. Quilava, Swampert and Ambipom make this amazing, and no amount of Dawn hating can bring it down. Seriously I thought she was done in the series so I never gave her much thought for a return. Look's like while Ash is losing to rookie trainer's and there Snivy's, Brock and Dawn are actually moving in the right direction. It's pretty sad that this is the most excited I've been for the Pokemon anime since Bel/Belle was announced to appear.

Ash has the misfortune of being the main central character. People like Dawn, and May are off the show so they don't suffer the LOL RESET like Ash does. They also pretty much stick with the same Pokemon. I doubt Dawn trained her Quilava any longer than Ash did. I'm sure if May, and Dawn were still traveling with Ash they be losing to rookie trainers too. WHY CANT THEY JUST WRITE ASH OFF THE SHOW!?!

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Oh look at that, Brock looks like he's wearing his basketball jersey. When's the last time that happened, 12 years ago in "The Evolution Solution?"

Teshub

Banned
If a new chronicles series is starting, I want to see mainly what happens to ash's pokemon, and tracey( because he's been treated like **** as well)

Well the information specifically states Diamond and Pearl Special, not the beginning of a side-story series.

Anyway, its pretty amazing considering this special will air in only 5 episodes from now, by BW019. Probably the earliest time characters from a previous generation were featured in a new series. Maybe the DP series was so popular in Japan they had to release this early because the reception for BW was not as expected?
And the fact that Dawn still has her DP clothes from that scan, does it mean she will have Touko's style after she is done in Sinnoh?

[img139]http://i55.*******.com/sll2ps.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.