• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Takeshi and Hikari, to appear in episodes specials on 3 february 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Aker

Well I'm gad they are getting an episode to themselves. I wonder if this will be a one time deal? I hope Dawn get's an episode to herself, and I rather not see Kenny or Zoey again. Ursula can appear though, because she's awesome. As for Brock it will likely just be revovled around him, and his folks. Him getting Swampert is pretty cool. I never imagined he would actually get one. Makes you wonder hwo they gym is going to work. What is it now, and Rock/Water gym or soemthing now?

All these evolutions makes me wonder if they wrote Ash off the show what evolutions he would get. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he had Feraligator, Meganium, and a Gabite or something.

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Hpmm What seems weird to me is the picture of Dawn with her team, it looks like she is on a boat and she is waving to someone, so maybe she goes to Hearthome City for some training for Buneary, then decides to head off to Kanto to pay Ambipom a visit. And Brock too, which will lead into each other.
Episode starts off with Dawn in Hearthome preparing Buneary for Styling, then in that time Cyndaquil evolves, she then heads of too Kanto to see Brock and Ambipom. And that's were the next part of the episode takes place, Dawn meeting up with Brock, we see that Marshtomp has evolved, Dawn mentions that she wants to go see Ambipom so Brock decides to take her to she Ambipom.

HoennMaster

I'm very excited for this and I as well say that these specials were needed. DP was wrapped up very quickly and we need some more closer. Although I am excited to see Dawn, I would like to see some of Ash's brief stop in Pallet as well...and where did Gliscor end up. Cyndaquil evolving seems kind of random but I'm fine with it. Swampert is LONG overdo. Marshtomp was the odd one out following Combusken's evolution.

Also people, stop freaking out, this is in no way confirmation of more specials or a Chronicles series so settle down.

I'm surprised of the "new career of Buneary", it may mean that Dawn's goal has changed and she has other purposes to achieve now. That's something people thought she will do and somehow it's ture. But too bad she won't get new clothes like May.

No, she still plans to participate in contests. None of this is new, we knew about this in the last DP episode.

i'm glad they're scattering side stories throughout the main story instead of presenting them all at once (Chronicles).

This is only one, we don't know if there will be more.

I see, another typical Dawn hater. But you have to realize they won't do any chronicles on those characters like May or Misty because they already made their cameos and had their time. The anime cannot be a conga line of old characters showing up to please the nostalgia addicts. It is only there to promote products. The company is still trying to milk the DP franchise because there's still some unreleased music left, like many of those Kimi no Soba de/Hikari's theme versions.

You should take your own advice. You who were throwing fits because Dawn was leaving and being replaced with 5th Generation characters.

And the good part here; Team Rocket won't be intervening. However, it would be great to have an episode of them leaving their previous Pokemon back at the Rocket HQ.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Well I'm gad they are getting an episode to themselves. I wonder if this will be a one time deal? I hope Dawn get's an episode to herself, and I rather not see Kenny or Zoey again. Ursula can appear though, because she's awesome. As for Brock it will likely just be revovled around him, and his folks. Him getting Swampert is pretty cool. I never imagined he would actually get one.

All these evolutions makes me wonder if they wrote Ash off the show what evolutions he would get. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he had Feraligator, Meganium, and a Gabite or something.

If he was written off the show and made a cameo he would probably be the awesome trainer we all hope/expect him to be with every last one of his Pokemon evolved and not lose to new kid's and there Snivy's. Even Dawn could score a win off current Best Wishes Ash, Pikachu or not. Main reason I'm glad May and now Dawn have left the show it really was for the better, and if this is the rebirth of Chronicles we can see them get better. I do hope we see May again after these one's and I hope she cleaned house at the Johto GF.

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
To those saying there won't be anymore:

Another scan featuring Shinji Vs Brandon is rumored. Serebii has neither confirmed nor denied its validity.

Waterpokes

I see, another typical Dawn hater. But you have to realize they won't do any chronicles on those characters like May or Misty because they already made their cameos and had their time. The anime cannot be a conga line of old characters showing up to please the nostalgia addicts. It is only there to promote products. The company is still trying to milk the DP franchise because there's still some unreleased music left, like many of those Kimi no Soba de/Hikari's theme versions.

Another typical Dawn hater? All I said was that I would rather see other characters because Dawn left the show 12 weeks ago, which is, compared to other characters, early as hell. But I guess you are satisfied that Dawn is back because we all know how you like lust for her.

And I thought they were done milking out the DP franchise, other then the music? They can play Dawn's theme without Dawn, of course, it might just weird. "Yeah, we are listing to Dawn's theme!!! But where is she?

Makes me think that neither Dawn nor Brock will get a cameo in Best Wishes, maybe duo the distance or something. So they'll get their own episode instead, which is good I guess.

Hold on, we never knew what happened to charon at the end of Galactic Battles. Perhaps he and Buck can encounter each other at Stark Mountain! And with the help of Looker, they arrest Charon from getting the treasure; the Magma Stone.

Graham Aker

To those saying there won't be anymore:

Another scan featuring Shinji Vs Brandon is rumored. Serebii has neither confirmed nor denied its validity.

*crosses fingers*

It needs to happen. Any battle with Paul is awesome in general. I wonder if they'll have him battle all of the trio, or just one of them. I wonder what evolutions, or new Pokemon he might debut if this was true. Writers make this happen.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Hold on, we never knew what happened to charon at the end of Galactic Battles. Perhaps he and Buck can encounter each other at Stark Mountain! And with the help of Looker, they arrest Charon from getting the treasure; the Magma Stone.

Who cares about him anyway?

I want someone actually interesting

Judgement

Well, It'll be nice to see Brock again for a bit, I guess? And I'm happy Marshtomp will evolve into Swampert... Other than that, this isn't really all that exciting to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lyra got another episode. As long it features Whitney and/or Morty.

Actually. I want Silver to appear instead.

And how would the opening for the special be like?

Last edited:

Teshub

Banned
Another typical Dawn hater? All I said was that I would rather see other characters because Dawn left the show 12 weeks ago, which is, compared to other characters, early as hell. But I guess you are satisfied that Dawn is back because we all know how you like lust for her.

First of all, you need help. Second I am glad this is a blowback to all those people who swore that from now on DP no longer existed and the old characters would never come back in some way. I made a post if we were going to see a chronicles-type episode and I turned out to be correct, much more sooner than expected. I am also expecting Looker and Cynthia, and probably others from DP to show up in Unova in the future.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Well this is interesting. Chronicle-esque appearances? I guess they did need to wrap a few things up. And there are a few things that are good from this:

- People can finally stop crying when Dawn has her grand finale
- PACHIRISU!! Hopefully it gets some screen time this episode, as it still is one of my favorites
- I wonder if Piplup will continuously fail after it's gone from the Main Cast?
- Brock's Swampert? Also Awesome. Can't wait to see that in action.
- What other Pokemon will Brock have? (Chansey/Swampert/????) I'd assume Croagunk.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Is it bad that when I saw news of this on the front page, my first thought was "oh dear god no. Now I have to deal with a topic full of bickering about DP characters vs other characters and baseless speculation about a new Hoso series and argh"? (although the discussion here actually isn't that bad! Other than the assumptions about this turning into the next Hoso/Chronicles, but I guess this wouldn't be PAD without people jumping to conclusions based on little to no evidence.)

That aside, it's nice to see a bit of a wrap-up to DP. I'd be more excited if I actually knew anything about these episodes other than "a bunch of Pokemon evolved! Also Dawn's going to Hearthome!". And if this wasn't taking the place of a BW episode, but I suppose I'll have to take what I can get. I hope Fantina shows up in Dawn's episode. Because that means nothing but hilarity can ensue.

What I really don't get is why everyone's whining about Dawn's Cyndaquil evolving. And this is from the same fanbase that thinks that every episode will involve something getting either caught or evolved! Are people just being cranky because Ash's Cyndaquil didn't evolve for ages, and they somehow think that this means Dawn's Cyndaquil has to take a decade to evolve too?
That aside, I find it hard to care about Marshtomp evolving, but that's because it didn't do much during AG(which is when it SHOULD have had more focus). Then it was absent throughout all of DP. But now it's evolving and the writers expect us to care about it? Oh well, at least it looks like the rest of Brock's episode involves seeing his family or something, judging by that one shot of him with one of his 400 identical siblings. And that ought to be interesting.

speaking of specials, do you think the animators will change their appearances a little? Or was it only Ash that got the change and nothing else? I wonder if the scenery will be DP style or BW style.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Nice to be seeing Hikari getting an eppy to herself to bad gotta wait a couple months,

Status
Not open for further replies.