• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Takeshi and Hikari, to appear in episodes specials on 3 february 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cauldronmaster

Dawn is not going to ever be in the Best Wishes series and Contest are gone for good,there won't be any of them in the Unova region and Dawn will not meet Iris at all.

Pokeathlon competitions weren't in D/P/Pt, yet that didn't stop the writers from sticking one in Sinnoh. Take a look at dp160 for an in-depth explanation.

The writers could easily set up a contest for advertisement purposes (they will have to do this eventually for the inevitable R/S/E remakes, as they did for HG/SS). They can bring Dawn here to help out (or better yet, bring the Hoenn native named May, since R/S/E=Hoenn), and, well, you people can speculate the rest.

Even if the writers still don't want to bring non-Unova people excluding Ash, Jessie, and James for whatever idiotic reasons they might have, they can still being contests over. Have Ash, who's seen countless contests over the past eight years, explain contests to Iris/Dento, and then compete in one against, say, Shooti. Like Ash defeated Paul in a Pokeringer, Ash can defeat Shooti in a Pokemon Contest (He's got plenty of observing experience). As an added bonus, this will convince Iris to stop calling Ash an untamed child (you do need to show some degree of elegance in a pokemon contest to win).

My two cents for the time being.

Last edited:

Animefan145

Late to the discussion, but oh well. Yay, glad to see Dawn and even Brock again! Sounds like the old Pokemon Chronicles specials (although Brock visiting his family is usually relegated to specials anyway), but I honestly wasn't expecting to see either of them again, at least not for another year or two as a cameo. Hm, wonder if this counts as Dawn's cameo or whether she'll show up in Unova later.

While there aren't any contests there, they can always just invent some other reason, especially if they bring up the Poke stylist career, or some other reason. Would be interesting to see Dawn meet the current cast, and at least this'll remind people that Dawn still exists (at least for now).

Also nice to see some evolutions, like Brock finally getting a fully evolved starter, just too bad the show always leaves so many evolutions off-screen (after people leave the group). Although Dawn's Cyndaquil is probably the only choice left for evolution, with Piplup never wanting to evolve, and Buneary probably not either (if she ever meets up with Pikachu again).

might

Banned
Contest are not even in the 5 generation and they are not coming back,Pokeathons were down in Sinnoh since the contest were still part of the show and Dawn is only going to be in the Episodes specials,she isn't coming back in the BW series.

Dawn isn't going to appear in the BW series and Contest are going forever.End of Story.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
Contest are not even in the 5 generation and they are not coming back,Pokeathons were down in Sinnoh since the contest were still part of the show and Dawn is only going to be in the Episodes specials,she isn't coming back in the BW series.

Dawn isn't going to appear in the BW series and Contest are going forever.End of Story.

This very thread has proof that what you're saying is untrue. Now go away. Your ignorance is not needed here.

Teshub

Banned

Lila studied to be a pokestlylist abroad, which probably means Unova. Coordinators are very versatile and they can participate in several events. Hiun and Raimon city have a lot of locations that focus on that kind of stuff. I don't see any other person better to promote those than Dawn if they updated her wardrobe to look like Touko.

cauldronmaster

Alright then, allow me to re-emphasize my point into simpler terms:

Like you said, Contests will likely not come back as a main quest, which meant ribbon collecting and a Grand Festival. This point is something that I myself agree with too.

However, Contests can still return as a one-off sub-competition (ie. 1-2 episodes max), on the same level as the Tag-battle tournament, the Pokeringer competition, Whirl Cup, and that maze race from the Battle Frontier arc (to cite a few examples). Unofficial Contests do exist, like the one at the very end of AG (Sceptile vs Blaziken).

If Nintendo plans on making R/S/E remakes, which is highly likely given their cash-milking tendencies, then the anime is going to have to do something to advertise it. Unless the writers have plans to reintroduce May or Nintendo comes up with some new random and absurd pokehobby (seriously, what's next, jumproping?), then I think Contests will be making an appearance in Best Wishes.

Grei

not the color
Wrong your ignorance is not needed on this thread,that isn't proof that they are going to appear in the BW series and you are a retard.

Is it bad that I laughed when I read this?

... I didn't even present any proof. Besides the official proof that was posted in the first post of this thread, I didn't say any proof on whether Contests could return or anything... at all. I'm leaving that to others who are more than capable of saying it. Even Teshub, who I find myself arguing with quite often, has presented points here (not that I think Dawn will join the main cast, but... you get my point. Or, maybe not) that are true enough.

... why am I responding to this?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

Show me some "hard" evidence that Dawn won't appear in the BW Series. You seriously don't know anything. Misty appeared after she left, so did May. So why should Dawn not get the same treatment? Just because your a Dawn-hater?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well to be honest it is quite possible neither Dawn or Brock will cameo in Best Wishes. That could be why they're getting these specials instead.

Isshu won't even show older pokemon in the wild anymore, and has made effort to be the most clean slate the show has ever had, even rebooting Team Rocket.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Well to be honest it is quite possible neither Dawn or Brock will cameo in Best Wishes. That could be why they're getting these specials instead.

Isshu won't even show older pokemon in the wild anymore, and has made effort to be the most clean slate the show has ever had, even rebooting Team Rocket.

Jee I wonder why Brock had that one Special where he then immediately appeared in AG004....>__> Or that one Special Misty had prior to her 2-Episode appearance in Hoenn.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Jee I wonder why Brock had that one Special where he then immediately appeared in AG004....>__> Or that one Special Misty had prior to her 2-Episode appearance in Hoenn.

Best Wishes is the most clean slate the show has ever been without getting rid of Ash himself.

Seriously, without Ash, Best Wishes could pass for a totally different continuity and nothing to do with the previous 13 seasons.

Grei

not the color
Were is the proof that Dawn is going to appear, besides contest are long over with she have no reason to be in the BW series and Dawn job was to promote the contest of her region,other then that she have nothing to promote anymore, Misty only return in the Hoenn series because she was the original girl Ash travel with and her character was more popular as hell,compare to May and Dawn who both lack a personality.

She doesn't need to be anything more than a one- or two-episode cameo if she appeared.

Besides, she's appearing in these upcoming specials. That's final and confirmed, saying otherwise is trolling, for which you can expected to be reported.

Grei

not the color
The only one that is trolling is you and you will be reported,besides you don't really know if Dawn will appear in the Best Wishes series and the Unova region is far away,there won't be any old characters besides Ash and Team Rocket.

She's confirmed to be appearing in an upcoming special, which is airing during the Best Wishes! series.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Yeah we don't if Dawn will appear in Best wishes but this isn't a Best wishes special, so stop discussing it. I really hope buneary doesn't evolve here, i like it as it is.

From Might to Grei

"you will be reported"
Pfft, good luck.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
The only one that is trolling is you and you will be reported,besides you don't really know if Dawn will appear in the Best Wishes series and the Unova region is far away,there won't be any old characters besides Ash and Team Rocket.

To be fair though, you don't really know if Dawn won't be appearing as there isn't any evidence claiming that Dawn will or will not be in Unova. I personally think she won't be, but I (as well as you) could be very wrong. She's not going to be a main cast member though.

So about this Special! Who's pumped about seeing all of Brock's siblings/old Pokemon again? Hopefully Ludicolo's going to be around more as opposed to catering for Brock's parents like the last time Brock was in the area (minus the AG/DP transition that is).

Grei

not the color
I was never saying she would meet Ash on his adventure in Unova, although I find that idea altogether very possible.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Well it maybe be possible.

Oh btw.....Ash's Cyndaquil evolved :p (Had to be done! We all know its you!)
I think we should get back on topic again, we've gone off it again.

Krizor

Evil Genius
I wonder if Paul will get a cameo or even a mention since he was a pretty important character in DP.

Maybe they'll give him his own special.

Status
Not open for further replies.