• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Takeshi Shudo's blogs [no shipping debates]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you hear yourself? You are using his death to try and justify why his words in regards to romance can be disregarded. This is getting ridiculous.

What I'm more surprised is that you believe every little thing Shudo is saying, like his brain is 100% sharp

What I'm saying is not wrong, even if it sounds a little harsh

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
What I'm more surprised is that you believe every little thing Shudo is saying, like his brain is 100% sharp

What I'm saying is not wrong, even if it sounds a little harsh

I'll sure take his word over yours.

It's both wrong and uncalled for, who on earth would ever think that was justifiable at all?

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Shudo's words are so hypocritical, that his mind is being questioned. It says he was a smoker and died because he suffered subarachnoid hemorrhagehe.

he wrote this blog in 2008 I believe, so many years after he left pokemon. Is it out of the realm of possiblity that he doesn't remember everything he did on the show, or everything he wrote?

He says love doesn't exist on the show, but yet you have brock on every episode freaking out whenever he sees a girl.

We've seen the episodes and pokeshipping is as clear as glass, so either Shudo doesn't remember it, or he's changed his feelings over the years and thinks romance shouldn't be on the show, so he's saying "she doesn't like him"

Taking one mans word and not looking at facts in front of you is what you naive and ignorant

Since when this was a shipping debate? o_O As much as I like shipping and Pokeshipping,This is about Shudo's blogs not shipping. Ppl are going to believe what they are going to believe. So it doesn't matter. Shudo said that romance can't happen in Pokemon. That takes away from the show. Ash's goal is Pokemon Master not gaining a gf. Shudo said the reason Misty left because she got so boring and stale. And her feeling for Ash wasn't there. This is about Shudo's blogs not why Ash and Misty aren't together. -__-. This is nothing but a joke really.

I'll sure take his word over yours.

It's both wrong and uncalled for, who on earth would ever think that was justifiable at all?

Of course you would, that's no surprise. All I'm saying is that his memory is questionable, because his words aren't matching the anime

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Alright, enough of this moronic shipping talk.

Question, had Misty and Team Rocket been replaced, what exactly would have been put in their place. Gold and Silver didn't have specific Rocket Agents and I'm not sure if Kris would have been implemented in that time frame.

Although, if there was any creativity they would have gone with "Anime only" characters. I really wish that was something they should have tried when it comes to Ash's companions.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Of course you would, that's no surprise. All I'm saying is that his memory is questionable, because his words aren't matching the anime

Ok maybe he did have those thoughts but people do change their minds. It does happen. Maybe he saw a different view of the series that Takeshi wanted to take. Kanto was the orignal ending point but he saw that he could bring more to Ash's journey. So characters leave that isn't going to change much.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Question, had Misty and Team Rocket been replaced, what exactly would have been put in their place. Gold and Silver didn't have specific Rocket Agents and I'm not sure if Kris would have been implemented in that time frame.

He was considering having either Misty or Team Rocket replaced at the END of Johto, not the beginning of it. He cites the show's decline during the Johto era as the reasoning behind it.

Obviously as we know he chose to get rid of Misty, but its interesting to think about what AG might have done without Team Rocket.

As said earlier, could you imagine some Magma or Aqua character tagging Ash around every ep back then?

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
He was considering having either Misty or Team Rocket replaced at the END of Johto, not the beginning of it. He cites the show's decline during the Johto era as the reasoning behind it.

Obviously as we know he chose to get rid of Misty, but its interesting to think about what AG might have done without Team Rocket.

As said earlier, could you imagine some Magma or Aqua character tagging Ash around every ep back then?

Shudo had a choice to kill off TR or Misty. Since he saw that he could do more with Jessie,James and Meowth. They had no choice but to kill off Misty. He didn't want to but the ratings in Japan were low so he had no choice but to bring in a new face to gain some fandom back in the show. About TR who knew what Shudo wanted from Them? Maybe he saw that their part wasn't over yet. So there was no point of killing them off the series yet.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?

To me, that sounds like a choice that should have been made at the beginning. Episodes are planned months ahead so he had to have known what he was going to do before Johto started. He pretty much should have known that Misty and Team Rocket would have reached a decline. He kept the same direction he had from Kanto so he had to have known what he was getting from them.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
People appear to be missing the point. Takeshi stated that there was never any 'romance' intended in the anime.. Now I don't know what the kids think these days, but a little crush like Misty may or may not appear to have had, does not equal romance.. She never even mentioned it to him, so how could there have been a romance between the two? Oh and trying to class Brock's running gag as romance is even more funny. Brock has nothing more than a few traits of a typical teenage boy, 'Oh wow, she's hot!'. But due to the nature of the show, he can't exactly lock himself in a room with a magazine, so he instead blurts out these little thoughts and makes a fool of himself..

I've always been amused at how the so called 'Pokeshippers' can exacerbate even the tiniest hint of affection, making it out to be a full fledged romance. It's actually hilarious.

Last edited:

matt0044

If TR was taken off the show, I think they would have (or rather I think they should have) the regional evil teams appear but not as often and not as one or two duos of grunts. They'd probably handle it like what they did with TM and TA and TG now by having the groups appear at certain points in the series rather than all the time and build up to the end of their arc. Only they appear a bit more than they did now so they're not neglected and they're a bit better with Team Rocket out of the picture.

I mean, if TR was gone, the writers would wants to do something different so they wouldn't run into the same problems as with TR. Would it kill you guys to think outside the box?

And maybe his words aren't matching the Anime because of Executive Meddling like with the GS Ball? It happens all the time with any TV show. I saw mentions of a guy named "Omae-sama" who was a producer.

Last edited:

Arceusgamer14

So Misty left because they had nothing else for her to do?
If that so? I knew May/Dawn/Iris are not really Misty's replacement.
And is it really likely that TRio will leave very soon like THE END of Best Wishes?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Do you hear yourself? You are using his death to try and justify why his words in regards to romance can be disregarded. This is getting ridiculous.

I can't exactly disagree with the Pokéshippers here. The hints are far too obvious to be a coincidence.

Besides, remember where we got this info- the man's blog. And might I remind you that, contrary to apparently popular belief, blogs do not come with built-in polygraphs to ensure that their content is 100% true.

Now you're probably gonna go ahead and ask "but why would he lie to us in the first place?" Actually, based on past experience, you're more likely to ask me if I'm for real. But I'll assume it's that first question and answer accordingly. I don't know. Lots of possibilities exist. It could be any of the following;

1: He wanted to screw with our heads. Not the most pleasant idea, but plausible.

2: He knew he was in failing health and wanted the truth about Ash and Misty to die with him.

3: It was a test to see how perceptive we were, to see if we could notice that the anime clearly contradicted his words. Test to see how well we watched what he worked so hard on, in other words.

And yes, to answer your inevitable question, I am for real.

randomspot555

1: He wanted to screw with our heads. Not the most pleasant idea, but plausible.

2: He knew he was in failing health and wanted the truth about Ash and Misty to die with him.

3: It was a test to see how perceptive we were, to see if we could notice that the anime clearly contradicted his words. Test to see how well we watched what he worked so hard on, in other words.

When you hear hoofbeats, think horse, not zebra.

Maybe we should have a new rule that people who think this blog is a crazy conspiracy theory shouldn't post?

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
I can't exactly disagree with the Pokéshippers here. The hints are far too obvious to be a coincidence.

Besides, remember where we got this info- the man's blog. And might I remind you that, contrary to apparently popular belief, blogs do not come with built-in polygraphs to ensure that their content is 100% true.

Now you're probably gonna go ahead and ask "but why would he lie to us in the first place?" Actually, based on past experience, you're more likely to ask me if I'm for real. But I'll assume it's that first question and answer accordingly. I don't know. Lots of possibilities exist. It could be any of the following;

And yes, to answer your inevitable question, I am for real.

I think I'm getting a headache.

matt0044

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Whether you're a shipper or not, this stuff really doesn't belong here. I realize that it's part of Mr. Shudo's blog entries, but non-shippers really should be spared from PokéShipping debates in the Anime section. Drop it, please.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

What is this, i don't even...

People really are grasping at straws to attempt saving their precious little Pokeshipping idea, aren't they? Seriously, he was the head writer. He knew exactly what was going on and its not his fault that the fans assumed something else. Why would Takeshi waste his time lying or messing with the fans heads? 'Oh i know what to do to my loyal fans, make up a load of crap that they'll live in denial about.. and I shall take the truth to my grave! Hahaha!'..

Ugh.. guys he was the head writer for an anime, not insane..

EDIT: Just saw Sushi's post, i'm done with this..

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So about Misty's reason for leaving, its not exactly surprising, is it?

We all knew Misty got stale in Johto, people used to talk about how Togepi ruined her personality. She hardly did anything over the entire span of Johto besides those few water-centric fillers they gave her and the Whirl Cup.

Its funny because he says they needed a character that would be more aimed at young female fans, which is exactly what May and the Contests were originally aimed at. From that point on they probably decided to continue bringing in a new girl for new kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.