1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Takeshi Shudo's blogs [no shipping debates]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by CyberCubed, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokemon fan 132

pokemon fan 132 Well-Known Member

Than how to explain fact how he stated himself how he never cared about said character.I dont remember any of this being mentioned about Ash and Brock.

Either her or TR which started to go nowhere as well.Favoritism played role in their stay,there is no denying that.

Yes yes episodes which focused on her,but im surprised that many people forgot about many other episodes from Johto where Misty wasnt center of attention but still played role in it contributing to good dynamic(like "Heartbreak of Brock","Fortune Hunters","Tanks Alot","Trouble Brewing","Gligarman secret"etc,etc).

We dont know if all of them agreed over mr.Shudo point of view.Otherwise his decision of Misty being replaced sooner would be respected.

If anything fact that when mr.Shudo stepped out from position of head writer with other members starting to do something with Misty story lead us to believe how they had more interest in character than he did.
    Granted it wasnt enough,but its not like thy had enough time either considering how they had to start writing for AG with May being chosen as new girl in group.

Fact that TR came into consideration of being replaced in mid Johto instead of Misty kinda indicates how some members of writing staff might have been in favor of Misty stay.

That doesnt mean he couldnt fix mistakes and lack of role with Misty to justify further stay.He could if he actually cared.

Maybe so,but they are sexist to certain extent judging by mr.Hidaka interview.

2. Demonsead

Demonsead Hoenn Challenger

Japan being sexist isn't anything new.

3. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

Honestly, Misty would've been better if her goal was to bump up her rank as a Gym Leader to become part of the Elite Four (or Elite Five in this case). We'd might've gotten development out of her.

4. deathseer

deathseer Oh, u mad bro?

Don't you know, that's what Pokemon fan thinks Misty's goal was the entire time despite the fact that Misty never once said she had any intention of joining the Elite 4.

5. pokemon fan 132

pokemon fan 132 Well-Known Member

She never said that but she fangirl over E4 Lorelei claiming to be her idol.Her goal was to become best water trainer in world/water pokemon master.

Since E4 members are strongest one type trainers in world specializing in specific type with some being labelled as masters(like Lance for example)its not hard to find connection between E4 and Misty goal.

6. ~Upsidedown 403~

~Upsidedown 403~ Well-Known Member

There's truth to this though...Not the part where she expressed that she wanted to be an E4 member, but Misty was a HUGE Prima fan when she appeared. This is also true for her in the games, and you can check the FRLG Fame Checker as proof of that. Had they tied Prima into Misty's plot more, they could've really done something there.

7. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

The point is that she got more focus in Johto than she ever did in Kanto. If the whole team disliked Misty, then why give her so much focus in this saga than they did in kanto? They weren't obligated to do it. I doubt Shudo even created any of Misty's episodes, but the ones who supported her did.

Who said their fanboys? All I'm saying is that certain writers support certain characters. Shudo was not a fan of Misty, but their were other writers who supported Misty and they gave her the moments she deserved.

That's the way Shudo looks at it. From the other writers, they were just moving on from Misty, and eventually they moved on from May, and then they moved on from Dawn. They had to introduce contests, and they weren't gonna have 2 females following Ash. For them, they had to leave Misty behind. I doubt some of them enjoyed doing it, but that's where they gave Misty those chronicle episodes, which I fully believe her supporters created for her.

The blogs clearly shows their is favoritism between characters. Maybe not in a fanboy way, but support is there.

8. Sushi

Sushi unspecified Staff Member Super Mod

Where did this "Shudo didn't like Misty" thing come from? He said that he regretted not bringing out her full potential, which is an entirely different thing. Of course it means he didn't like how she turned out, but that didn't have anything to do with her goal, the way she looked or the way she talked. It's a result of his own failure, as he admits himself. He realized that he neglected her in terms of giving her proper development and solidifying her existence.

There's one paragraph that emphasizes his own regrets regarding her character. In it, he explains that someone told him how good he was at handling female characters and he noticed that it wasn't true at all.

Maybe some of you feel that this is all the more reason why Misty ought to have stayed and "make up for the neglection", but if you have to choose between a trio of established characters with a solid and clear (if a little silly, but that's part of what made them funny) purpose, which also happens to consist of your favorite characters, and a girl who reminds you of your own failures... Well, I'd know who to pick.

A fresh start with a new girl was probably easier and more elegant than stuffing the already-existing one full with new quests and whatnot, as if they were added like an afterthought. Note that this is only my opinion on what he might have been thinking (I'm pretty neutral on this whole issue myself).
    Anyway, this thread has become exactly what I didn't want it to become. I realized that the subject Misty was going to take up a lot of space, but I'd hoped that at least someone would be able to look past the dead horse and focus more on Team Rocket or Shudo's work as a scriptwriter.

This man basically layed everything about what's going on behind the scenes on the table, talked about his feelings while interacting with colleagues and what he wanted to achieve with this series. It shouldn't be taken for granted to obtain such personal information from his point-of-view, but of course, everyone prefers to discuss a particular character for the gazillionth time in history :/

This isn't directed at anyone in particular. Almost everyone was involved in this (including myself, as of this post :p) and admittedly, I also failed to notice that the very first post already steers towards Misty and didn't leave much room for people to notice the other interesting things Shudo revealed in his blogs.

So yeah, I'm going to close this. It'd just feel silly to force a 180° turn on this thread by, along with shipping, forbidding Misty discussion as well.

Despite the fact that discussing her departure and (im)possible comeback is a banned topic here, it was initially interesting to see how much Shudo's revelations would influence the debate. But now that it's clear as crystal that absolutely nothing has changed and that everyone still brings up the same arguments over and over and over (which they're allowed to - it just proves how pointless the discussion is), leaving this open for any longer is unnecessary.

If anyone wants to make a new thread on Shudo's blogs, this time focusing on the troubles/joys he had when he was still the head writer or his idea on how the series should have progressed, feel free to contact me.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.