• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Takin' It To The Chinchou (214)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Takin It To The Chinchou!

On their travels through the Whirl Islands, Ash & Co. meet up with a person who is trying to lead the Chinchou to water as part of a festival. Ash & Co. are eager to help. Can they get the Chinchou from the lake to the ocean?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Alfonso

Derpgull
...As a matter of interest, I've just seen this episode. Thanks to my teh awesome new Master Quest Boxset. <3 Anyway, as I was saying, as a matter of interest, that boy's father was voiced by the same person who did the voice of that girl in JLC. You know the one... the one with all the Swinub. I totally remembered his voice, you know?

As for the boy himself... Ritchie. Which was made even worse knowing that in a few episodes, Ritchie himself would be appearing. -_-

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This was an okay episode. I liked the part where James imagined the chinchous lit up on a Christmas tree, and Ash getting shocked from touching the chinchou's tentacles. The part where Misty and Ash were jibing at each other across the fallen bridge was funny too. :) Otherwise, the episode is average.

I'm beginning to love the Chinchou line now ^_^

Chinchou's voice, dubbed or not, was great.

I liked the idea of them drying out when they're out of water for too long. Rather like amphibians.

Dayton(however you spell that) was a cool One-off character, IMO. His love for Bright(decent nickname ftw) was also great. And falling off the cliff....unexpected, but in the animé, unexpected is good.

The writers really thought this episode out, I thought. It wasn't directly touched upon, but Dayton leading the Chinchou to the sea was a test of responsbility, to see how he handles situations without his father.

Brock and Misty being absent also helped, because it gave us a bit of time to see how Ash would handle himself in situations like this.

TR was also absent for most of the ep, and what they did accomplish helped advance the plot. Excellent. And their final appearance was cool, what with the swirling smoke cloud and the indestructible cage.

Ash and Misty arguing was a bit amusing. Nothing special, really.

Overall rating:
9.3 out of 10

This was really a prime Johto episode, IMO. Touched upon a quite neglected Pokémon and had an interesting plot. TR wasn't the annoying nuisance they usually are, either, so that's always good.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Laturn fish who are part lung fish, a very clever idea. Actually, this reminds of me of some sea creatures who travel across islands instead of going around them.

Kind of a boring episode, but it had some humor and Chinchou's cute

Battra

A nice episode loved the teasing between Ash and Misty across the cliff. One thing is bugging me though is why TR was in disguise at the beginning of the episode, and those disguises weren't they there ones used in the episode Spinarak Attack? Lastly anyone else catch the fact that after Meowth broke the rocket controller the next scene with TR the controller is magically fixed.

I'm a fan of the Chinchou line, but not of this episode. Very boring. Ash and Misty's backchat across the gap was good, but that was about it.
When the boy fell down the cliff, Ash and the Chinchou just walked down the mountain side, without problem, so why couldn't he just as easily walked up himself?

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I liked all the Chinchou in this episode. I also enjoyed the teasing between Misty and Ash when they are seperated on different sides of the cliff. I thought it was funny seeing Misty almost jump off the boat to try and catch the Corsola at the end.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Chinchou was pretty cute. i loved it.

And poor the kid, he loved his pokemon and left it.

5/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Chinchou was actually cute :p Though I don't get how they survived out of water for so long.

I'm glad we got this in the Whirl Islands. I loved Johto's water Pokemon. I was sad at the end. The COTD had to make a tough choice and let his Chinchou go.

Misty really should've caught a Chinchou :/ 5/10

Eh I really liked the Chinchou that much! But I really didn't liked the storyline and plot. This was one of those episodes that I really didn't see all of it because it was really boring.. I'll rate it 4/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
This episode was alright but not the best. I twas cool how the Chinchou found the kid though.

I don't see how Chinchou couldn't go in the pokeball when Misty threw it, because if the kid has to let it go into the ocean every little while and probably isn't in a pokeball, how was it not able to be captured.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Chinchou is a great pokemon. Give it a love and it will return you the result in the fight.
If the trainer(don't remember his name)wanted to leave his Chinchou, I think he should have promised to return some day. Nevertheless, not every year there is a Chichou pacing.

Sayho1234

Loved the bit of Ash & Misty arguing from across the cliffs, and Misty mad at Ash for getting them lost again in the beginning of the episode. It reminded me of classic Misty from the good 'ol Kanto days :).