• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tale of Heroes - Part 1: Reign of Diaz (PG:14)

thesilverwolf

Fabian Alabond
Brimstone Cave

Fabian looked at the group as they continued to assess the situation. The first to speak after Fabian was a blue-haired girl.

“And I’m assuming you know how easy it is to get your hands on the layout of Galvez or any information about it for that matter.” The girl said; sarcasm and hostility lined her words. “We are capable enough to assess the situation and come up with the best course of action after that.”

“No need to be so defensive, girly. Besides, if that were true, you probably would have known that this cave were here and how to get out of it.” Fabian said. “I don’t have any information about Galvez, but you should know where to find that if you really want to save the princess.”

"Nat.. Nat.. Poor naive Nat. That's not how you treat strangers in possession of strong magic." Keres said to the girl. "But she's right.. kinda. Do you happen to know anything about the layout?"

Fabian looked at the boy with red eyes. Red eyes? That’s not common. He looks pale, too.

“Like I said, I don’t have any information about Galvez’s layout, but I’m sure it exists somewhere.” Fabian said to reassure the group. After all, he wouldn’t mind seeing them actually succeed in their endeavor. “Say, are you a vampire or something?” Fabian asked the red-eyed young man.

“Hold up Keres. I’ve got more important questions” The blonde guy said before facing Fabian “How do we know if we can even trust you? Here’s a start, what’s your name?”

Fabian scoffed at the question before answering, “Well, the fact that I haven’t killed you, which I am fully capable of doing, should give you an inkling of hope that you can trust me. My name is Fabian Alabond of Feyburg. My hometown was destroyed by Diaz’s troops in his conquest of greed. You see, I was one of the top researches back in the Feyburg Mage’s Guild, so it is my duty to procure the relics that were stolen and restore Feyburg back to its former state.”

Fabian continued staring the pirate directly in the eyes as he folded his arms before continuing, “Has your curiosity been satiated? I don’t recall any of you introducing yourselves. The few names that I have picked up are Artus, Nat, and Keres. So who are the rest of you, and keep it short. The odor of this gave is starting to affect my ability to think rationally.”

SteelKing 2012

An Iron Fist
Coelnar Ellidyn
Brimstone Cave

The others seemed to share Coelnar's doubts about the stranger. At least about telling random people their plans, and said as much. At least the stranger didn't seem to be hostile, and introduced himself as Fabian. He seemed alright, but he was annoyingly cocky, as far as Coelnar could tell.Apparently he believed he would have been able to kill all of them, which, while he may have been quite proficient at magic, was unlikely.

Still, Coelnar was annoyed with how naive Artus had been. He could have put them all at risk. Heck, even Fabian pointed it out, and he was the one they'd told. Coelnars irritation was starting to fade now. He sighed. "Well, I suppose we don't have much choice but to let you come with us. In any case, we'll need all the help we can get." he said. It wasn't as if they exactly had a plan, anyway, and Coelnar knew that as well as anyone. If they didn't come up with something, they'd be dead meat when they made it to Galvez, especially with all the bickering between the group. He looked at Fabian. "My name's Coelnar. I'm a member of the Polrin, and I'm going to save my people from Galvez, if they're alive, that is." he didn't reveal any more. Even if Fabian hadn't attacked, he wasn't ready to trust him completely just yet. Not until he actually knew him properly.

Coelnar shook his head. "Anyway, I wish there was an easy way into Galvez, but it doesn't seem so. Still, I suppose the problem isn't really with getting in, as much as getting out again. If you have any decent ideas, we'd be glad to hear them. I'll be the first to admit that we don't have much of a plan." he said. It was embarrassing, really. Maybe they'd be able to think of something when they got there, but really, they had nothing right now, which was never a good situation. They'd almost certainly be lucky to even reach the walls without a plan, and what did they have right now? Some vague murmurings about using the river, but nothing else.

Last edited:

AJ2000

((OOC: Long post I know, sorry. I tried to make it clean as possible, so I apologize if it gets kind of confusing with all the dialogue))

Brimstone Cave
Route to Galvez Prison
Artus Callum & co.

"Yes, let's tell the random stranger everything." Coelnar muttered sarcastically. "Great idea. For all we know, this guy works for Diaz." he said, shaking his head. "I'm just saying, Artus. You can't trust everyone, and the closer we get to Galvez, the more dangerous things'll get." Artus frowned in embarrassment. He knew he shouldn't have done that, but Artus figured the guy didn't look like someone who would work Diaz, considering what he was wearing and that he was looking for the so-called 'artifact'.

“You know, Artus. Your friend here is correct. You should probably not divulge information so easily. I didn’t even have to threaten you.” the man said, teasing Artus. Artus sighed, and then asked him if he knew the directions out of the cave, assuming that the guy was keeping track of his steps. “I do know the way out of here. It’s down the other path. This one…” The man said while pointing behind him, “leads to a dead end.” Artus felt a wave of a relief. They could finally get out of the cave. Artus was getting accustomed to the smell, but he would take getting into the heat over the smell any day. “I’ll accompany your little group for research purposes, but let me ask you a question…” The man said as he folded his arms. “What do you plan to do once you break into the prison? I’m assuming you know the layout of it and aren’t blindly marching into a heavily guarded facility that no one has been able to break out of.” Artus rolled his eyes, and realized this guy was obviously trying to be a smarta*s.

“And I’m assuming you know how easy it is to get your hands on the layout of Galvez or any information about it for that matter.” Natalia said sarcastically. “We are capable enough to assess the situation and come up with the best course of action after that.” Natalia said. She seem to had taken Fabian's remark as a sort of personal attack, and knowing Natalia, Artus was unsure if she was going to make the situation escalate into something more dire. After all, the last time she said something out of hand nearly ended up with her dead.

The man responded. “No need to be so defensive, girly. Besides, if that were true, you probably would have known that this cave were here and how to get out of it.” He said. “I don’t have any information about Galvez, but you should know where to find that if you really want to save the princess.”

Keres went in and also put in his two cents. "Nat.. Nat.. Poor naive Nat. That's not how you treat strangers in posession of strong magic." Keres said teasingly. "But she's right.. kinda. Do you happen to know anything about the layout?" The man gazed into Keres’ eyes.

“Like I said, I don’t have any information about Galvez’s layout, but I’m sure it exists somewhere.” The man said to reassuring the group. “Say, are you a vampire or something?” He asked the Keres. Artus chuckled a bit, thinking he did in fact resemble a vampire upon closer inspection.

“Hold up Keres. I’ve got more important questions.” Ethan then joined the conversation. “How do we know if we can even trust you? Here’s a start, what’s your name?” Artus nodded in agreement. Ethan seemed like the person who would take precautions, and he did it in a ‘cool’ manner as well. Whenever Artus took precautions, it just seemed lame, recalling back to the inn, when Keres called him a wimp. The man scoffed at the question, and then responded.

“Well, the fact that I haven’t killed you, which I am fully capable of doing, should give you an inkling of hope that you can trust me. My name is Fabian Alabond of Feyburg. My hometown was destroyed by Diaz’s troops in his conquest of greed. You see, I was one of the top researches back in the Feyburg Mage’s Guild, so it is my duty to procure the relics that were stolen and restore Feyburg back to its former state.” Artus rolled his eyes. This guy was cocky, exactly like Keres. However, he did have more positive vibe about him then Keres did. He then folded his arms. “Has your curiosity been satiated? I don’t recall any of you introducing yourselves. The few names that I have picked up are Artus, Nat, and Keres. So who are the rest of you, and keep it short. The odor of this cave is starting to affect my ability to think rationally.”

"Well, I suppose we don't have much choice but to let you come with us. In any case, we'll need all the help we can get. My name's Coelnar. I'm a member of the Polrin, and I'm going to save my people from Galvez, if they're alive, that is." Coelnar said. Artus then proceed to point at Ethan, Asher and Undine.

"And this is Ethan, and those quiet guys over there are Asher and Undine." Artus smiled. Coelnar quickly switched back to the topic at hand.

"Anyway, I wish there was an easy way into Galvez, but it doesn't seem so. Still, I suppose the problem isn't really with getting in, as much as getting out again. If you have any decent ideas, we'd be glad to hear them. I'll be the first to admit that we don't have much of a plan." Coelnar said.

"Coelnar brings up a good point. It's not so much about getting in, then it is about getting out." Artus put his hand on his chin, thinking about a possible strategic approach. "I mean, we do have Keres here, who can take on the whole prison by himself 'cus he's the master of death." He said sarcastically. Deep inside, Artus knew a possible way out once they were done. If Diaz's Commander was in charge of running the prison, then killing him could be the solution. With nobody to take orders, then it would be easy to escape. However, the idea was a bit far-fetched, so he kept it to himself. He really wasn't sure if he was up to the challenge of killing Ghan, seeing as Artus really just wanted answers. "We can think of something after. let's get out of this cave first, the smell is really starting to get overwhelming." He said. They started to walk through the other path that Fabian had suggested, assuming he wasn't lying about the other path.

-------------------

After about several minutes, Artus was starting to doubt Fabian. "Hey Fabian...you sure this is the way out?" He asked. As they walked on further, they came across a large section of the cave, which shaped like a dome. "I think that's the exit..." Artus pointed ahead, at an opening in the cave, which was still a little ways away. There was a small stream running right through the centre of room, with small rocks littered throughout similar to stepping stones. As Artus observed the room more, he saw several figures laying in the corners of the dome, hidden in the shadows of rocks. Oh crap...I think they're....bodies? Artus didn't walk closer, as there was a certain stench coming from them. Something didn't sit right with he situation, seeing as dead bodies don't just show up in caves. And it wasn't confusing enough for anyone to be stuck in here for days without food either. He had then remembered something that someone told him the other day.

“Are you seriously that stupid? Kazu sent some of his men and even they didn’t make it back! In fact, they didn’t even make it to the Prison itself, they died before they could even get there!” Artus recalled.

"The guy at the inn..." He said quietly. "He said they died before making it to the prison..." Suddenly, Artus noticed something crawling down the ceiling. It was hidden in shadows, and dangled down slowly. Artus started to back away, bumping into some of the members of the group. As it slowly let itself down to the cave floor, it became apparent it was a large insect of sorts. "Oh crap...we're done..." Artus said. The insect slithered around, and once it exposed itself in light, Artus realized it was a Pincer Centipede. Although he read about them in books, they usually preyed on small mammals, however the bigger specimens were known to feed on larger prey. Their most distinguishable feature were their large mandibles, which are used to bite. This particular specimen was massive in size, easily reaching 25 feet, an its body was wide as well, and its head was 3 feet in width. Artus looked back. "Fabian, did you know about this?!" Artus quickly drew his sword, and split up from the group to prevent it from attacking everyone at once. He wasn't sure how bugs fought, but he figured it would try and coil like a snake, since it kind of had a slender body. He quickly launched a bolt of lighting at the foe, shocking it, and at the same time making a small explosion of smoke. The centipede went slightly unscathed, and proceeded to attack Artus by jutting out hits head towards him, attempting to attack with its pincers. Artus blocked with his sword and attempted to push away its large head. The creature didn't roar, but it made let out a loud, high-pitched, screeching noise. Artus looked at the entrance. There was no way it was possible to escape through such a narrow exit, without anyone else having to be left behind to keep the creature occupied. It then suddenly turned its attention to the group.

"Guys, watch out for the pincers!"

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Brimstone Cave
Keres Adrastea

The questioning of the new guy continued, and this time, Ethan joined in. “Hold up Keres. I’ve got more important questions. How do we know if we can even trust you? Here’s a start, what’s your name?” He sounded very suspicious.
“Well, the fact that I haven’t killed you, which I am fully capable of doing, should give you an inkling of hope that you can trust me. My name is Fabian Alabond of Feyburg. My hometown was destroyed by Diaz’s troops in his conquest of greed. You see, I was one of the top researches back in the Feyburg Mage’s Guild, so it is my duty to procure the relics that were stolen and restore Feyburg back to its former state.” the stranger named Fabian said. Keres caught Artus rolling his eyes, and he could figure out why. Fabian sounded exactly like him, only an emotional version. “Like I said, I don’t have any information about Galvez’s layout, but I’m sure it exists somewhere.” the guy said. He then turned his attention towards keres. “Say, are you a vampire or something?” he asked. "I like you." Keres said, grinning.

They then started introducing themselves, as Fabian would join the 'team'. "Well, I suppose we don't have much choice but to let you come with us. In any case, we'll need all the help we can get. My name's Coelnar. I'm a member of the Polrin, and I'm going to save my people from Galvez, if they're alive, that is." Colenar said before Artus introduced the rest. "And this is Ethan, and those quiet guys over there are Asher and Undine." Artus smiled.

"Anyway, I wish there was an easy way into Galvez, but it doesn't seem so. Still, I suppose the problem isn't really with getting in, as much as getting out again. If you have any decent ideas, we'd be glad to hear them. I'll be the first to admit that we don't have much of a plan." Coelnar then said.

"Coelnar brings up a good point. It's not so much about getting in, then it is about getting out." Artus said, looking thoughtfull. "I mean, we do have Keres here, who can take on the whole prison by himself 'cus he's the master of death." he continued sarcasticly. "That's true." Keres answered. "Killing one could easily take out the rest if I cast the right curses..." Keres went into deep thought while Artus looked weirdly at him. "We can think of something after. let's get out of this cave first, the smell is really starting to get overwhelming." Artus then said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After walking for no longer than just a few minutes, Artus started to act uneasy again. "Hey Fabian...you sure this is the way out?" he asked, but got no response. "Stop complaining!" Keres said, and it echoed in the underground dome they eventually got to. "I think that's the exit!" Artus said while pointing in some direction. In the dim light, they could see a pile of something that smelled like, and resembled dead bodies. Artus seemed scared, but Keres was enthusiastic. "Yay, dead guys!" he said out loud in a sarcastic tone. maybe he could get a new revenant from them? Artus didn't go ay closer, and seemed to be in stress. Keres took a walk over to the pile of bodies. t appeared they had been eaten. "Dang it. half-eaten corpses make bad servants" Keres said disappointed before walking back to the group. Arus gave him another weird suspicious look.

Then, Keres heard a sound from above them, and he saw several of the others noticed too. He readied his claw, and had his orb levitate in front of him, preparing for a battle. Looking up, he could see something moving around in the shadows, and as it slowly let itself down to the floor, Keres saw that it was just a big bug. a really big bug, actually. Thinking a secound that Fabian led them to a trap, Keres observed in order to catch any reaction. But he didn't show any sign of having misled them on purpose. The bug, which Artus called a 'Pincer Centipede' went towards them, and Keres put himself in motion, avoiding the large bug as mucha s possible. He dared not getting into a close combat with this critter. He then got an idea, and started chanting while the orb started glowing. His idea was to zap the bug of its energy hopefully immobilizing it temporarily.

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Natalia Denar
Brimstone Cave

“No need to be so defensive, girly. Besides, if that were true, you probably would have known that this cave were here and how to get out of it.” the stranger replied, not exactly endearing hiself to Natalia. “I don’t have any information about Galvez, but you should know where to find that if you really want to save the princess.” It was obvious he didn’t think much of them.

Keres, however, seemed to like the self-proclaimed new member of their group. "Nat.. Nat.. Poor naive Nat. That's not how you treat strangers in posession of strong magic." He said teasingly. "But she's right.. kinda. Do you happen to know anything about the layout?" Natalia had never seen him act like that, he was almost polite.

“Like I said, I don’t have any information about Galvez’s layout, but I’m sure it exists somewhere.” The guy was no help. He then turned to Keres. “Say, are you a vampire or something?” Natalia had never thought about that possibilitiy, but it could explain Keres’ behaviour.

“Hold up Keres. I’ve got more important questions.” Ethan then joined the conversation. “How do we know if we can even trust you? Here’s a start, what’s your name?” He brought up a good point.

“Well, the fact that I haven’t killed you, which I am fully capable of doing, should give you an inkling of hope that you can trust me.” The stranger answered cockily. Oh, great, another Keres. How about we skip all the inevitable arguments and just get them to battle each other to death? “My name is Fabian Alabond of Feyburg. My hometown was destroyed by Diaz’s troops in his conquest of greed. You see, I was one of the top researches back in the Feyburg Mage’s Guild, so it is my duty to procure the relics that were stolen and restore Feyburg back to its former state.” He then folded his arms. “Has your curiosity been satiated? I don’t recall any of you introducing yourselves. The few names that I have picked up are Artus, Nat, and Keres. So who are the rest of you, and keep it short. The odor of this cave is starting to affect my ability to think rationally.”

Coelnar sighed and introduced himself. "Well, I suppose we don't have much choice but to let you come with us. In any case, we'll need all the help we can get. My name's Coelnar. I'm a member of the Polrin, and I'm going to save my people from Galvez, if they're alive, that is." Coelnar shook his head before continuing. "Anyway, I wish there was an easy way into Galvez, but it doesn't seem so. Still, I suppose the problem isn't really with getting in, as much as getting out again. If you have any decent ideas, we'd be glad to hear them. I'll be the first to admit that we don't have much of a plan."

Artus told Fabian the names of the others, while Natalia decided to set something straight. “Also, my name is not Nat, but it seems Natalia is too complicated for some to remember. I hope you’re still able to think rationally enough to remember this.” She toned down the sting in her words, but not completely.

"Coelnar brings up a good point. It's not so much about getting in, then it is about getting out." Artus put his hand on his chin to show he was trying to come up with a strategy, before teasing Keres. "I mean, we do have Keres here, who can take on the whole prison by himself 'cus he's the master of death." He said sarcastically.

"That's true." Keres answered. "Killing one could easily take out the rest if I cast the right curses..." Natalia didn’t take him seriously, but tried not to show it because of that incident.

"We can think of something after. let's get out of this cave first, the smell is really starting to get overwhelming." Artus finished.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After a few minutes of walking through the cave, Artus began expressing his doubts about Fabian. "Hey Fabian...you sure this is the way out?" Keres ordered him to stop complaining, but Natalia found his question legitimate. She didn’t completely trust Fabian, after all. As they walked on, they suddenly found themselves in a large cavern. "I think that's the exit..." Artus said, pointing towards the other end of the cave.

Natalia, however, was worried about the dead bodies scattered around the floor and what had caused their death. The prime suspect was a giant centipede that appeared from the dark and was approaching them threateningly. Artus quickly drew his sword and ran away from the group and used a Lightning spell on the insect. Keres also got ready for battle, probably determined to show the others he wasn’t just a braggart.

Meanwhile Natalia tried to come up with a strategy for battling the oversized insect. So, it lives in the dark... “Everyone, close your eyes!” She shouted. Hoping they followed her instructions and fighting the urge to punch Keres while nobody was looking, Natalia released a blinding flash of light from her chest. She then unsheathed her swords and ran away from the group, much like Artus had, only in a different direction.

(OOC: If you want to bunny Natalia through the fight, there are some instructions in the discussion thread.)

Last edited:

SteelKing 2012

An Iron Fist
Coelnar Ellidyn
Brimstone Cave

After Coelnar had spoken, Artus chimed in, introducing the others. After that, he apparently agreed with Coelnar's previous statement, before he apparently decided to rib Keres some more. "I mean, we do have Keres here, who can take on the whole prison by himself 'cus he's the master of death." this was, in Coelnar's opinion, incredibly sarcastic, though Keres apparently didn't catch on. This wasn't too surprising. Keres wasn't exactly good at reading people, to say the least. But still, either he was ignoring it, or just completely oblivious, agreeing with Artus.

While Coelnar probably wasn't the only one that still harboured some doubts, following Fabian seemed to be their best option, so they headed down the tunnel with him. It started to seem that his doubts had been justified, as they walked for ages, with very little change. The smell seemed to be getting stronger, as well. "Hey Fabian.. You sure this is the way out?" Artus asked, echoing Coelnar's thoughts. Keres, of course, snapped at him, but to be honest, Keres was opposed to pretty much anything any one of them said. Still, it wasn't long after that the group found themselves in a large cavern. There was an exit at the other side, which Artus pointed out. Coelnar was relieved. At least they'd be away from the smell.

Still, Coelnar was unnerved by the cave. He looked at the floor, and was shocked to see bodies littering the floor, some of them ancient, withered skeletons, but others eerily fresh. What could have caused this? And.. Was it still here? Coelnar looked at one of the fresher bodies, and noticed what it was wearing. A rusted suit of armour, with the crest of Kale on the front. They never came back.. Never even made it there.. That settled it. They were in danger. He'd felt something off ever since they'd entered the cave, and this was the last straw. Suddenly, a huge centipede loomed out from the shadows.

Coelnar's eyes widened. What is that thing? he thought, grabbing his axe. Artus was the first to attack, with a lightning spell, and Natalia followed suit dazzling the centipede with light. Keres seemed to be preparing some kind of attack as well. Coelnar started to think. I only have one attacking spell, but its worth a try.. He started heading backwards, and launched a Sunbeam, severing a few of the bug's legs. This seemed to irritate it though, and it focused on him, lunging at his face with its pincers. It was fast, faster than something that size had any right to be, and Coelnar only managed to twist away enough to protect anything vital.

Still, he felt it when the thing's pincers locked into his shoulder. He gritted his teeth, as it hoisted him into the air quickly, making some kind of strange screeching, rasping noise. He still had his axe in his hand, but he couldn't swing it, so he launched a kick at the things face. It wasn't very effective as an attack, but it made the centipede drop him onto the ground, where he landed on his side with a sickening crunch, feeling something shatter in his arm. The pain made him black out momentarily, but he managed to get a hand on his shoulder, and began to heal himself.

D

Deleted member 300066

Ethan Daggett: Post 16

Ethan Daggett
Brimstone Cave

Ethan still didn't fully trust Fabian, he kept an eye on the stranger for now, and made an effort to stay behind him in the crowd. As the group further went into the cave, large amounts of bodies began to appear. Some were ancient and rotted, whilst others looked only a few weeks old.
"The guy at the inn..." Artus said quietly "He said they died before making it to the prison..." Ethan observed the armour of the dead bodies, Artus was right. There was a dark figure moving on the ceiling. Artus stumbled backwards into Ethan, Ethan ignored it however, as he had bigger priorities now. The shadowy figure dropped down from the ceiling, it was revealed to be a large centipede-like creature with a huge pair of pincers on the front
“Fabian did you know about this!?” Artus shouted as he drew his sword.
“Of course he did! That bastard lead us right into a trap!” Ethan replied as he drew his sword and pistol. Artus then proceeded to attack the beast with lighting magic, then blocking the pincers with his sword
“Guys, watch out for the pincers!” Artus shouted to the group. Meanwhile, Keres was preparing an attack against the monster.
“Everyone, close your eyes” Natalia shouted, Ethan closed his eyes and from the faint light though his eye-lids he assumed Natalia had attempted to blind the centipede creature with a flash of light, at least temporarily. Coelnar proceeded to fire a sun-beam towards the centipede creature, severing a small amount of its many limbs. Before anybody could help, Coelnar was lifted into the air in the pincers of the centipede, he kicked himself free and landed roughly on the ground below, he started healing himself.

Ethan decided to distract the centipede long enough for Coelnar to heal himself. He lined up his pistol and fired a power-shot at the centipede, it went straight through the beast, but something of that size wouldn’t go down to a single bullet, it turned angrily to Ethan and began charging towards him, Ethan held up his sword in preparation. Just as the centipede was about to attempt to latch onto Ethan, he dodged to the side. Ethan then slashed at the centipede’s face with his sword, it pierced the rough skin and pus-like blood began to ooze out. Ethan could see the anger in the centipede’s eyes. It furiously lashed out at Ethan and although it couldn’t bite him, it hit him with a great force. Ethan flew through the air and landed against the wall of the cavern. He pulled himself up slowly just in time to react to the centipede’s next attack, its jaws were open wide. Ethan was backed up against a wall and didn’t have very many options, so he thrust his sword forwards and jammed it inbetween the centipede’s pincers. Whilst the centipede was confused Ethan sprinted to the side to avoid further attacks. Ethan drew his dagger to replace his sword, though it was only a matter of time before the monster could free its jaws.

AJ2000

Brimstone Cave
Route to Galvez Prison
Artus Callum & co.

“Everyone, close your eyes!” Natalia shouted. Artus shut his eyes, and noticed an intense shining light through his closed eye lids. He opened his eyes, and the Centipede screeched in pain, as Natalia jumped back in caution. Coelnar then proceeded to launching his Sunbeam toward the monster, successfully burning off a couple of its legs. However, the creature became agitated, and lunged forwards at him, locking its grip into Coelnar's shoulder, and lifted him into the air, where it dropped him to the ground from Coelnar's kicks.

"Damn it...We're gonna be half dead by the time we get finished." He muttered to himself. Ethan then launched a bullet right, ripping right through the monster. It was clear it would take more than that to kill it, but any damage was good damage. His attack attracted the beast towards Ethan and tried to grab him using its pincers. It pinned Ethan up against the rocky cave wall, but he skillfully used his sword and slashed it, then jamming it between its pincers for an escape. Ethan then quickly drew a dagger and readied himself. "Alright, let's try this one more time..." Artus launched another Thunderbolt spell from his hand and hit the Centipede on the side of the head. This time, stunning the creature for a slight second as it waved its head around, creating an opening. Natalia caught on, and used her Whirlwind Spiral, knocking the creature's head backwards. The creature stumbled and hit the wall, and lay still for a brief moment, before climbing along the walls. Artus watched as it blended with the shadows above. He readied to launch another Thunderbolt, but realized there was a risk of the ceiling collapsing if he missed. "Crap..." He muttered. Suddenly, it lunged downwards forcefully, and using the momentum, grabbed Artus and took him back up the ceiling.

Artus closed his eyes momentarily, as he could literally feel his body flying upwards. As he opened them after a few moments, and he saw the Centipede's face up close. It was still hidden by shadows, but he could make shiny, slimy-looking skin. It's antennae were wriggling around and its jaws were crushing Artus' armor. Both of its fangs were lodged in there, piercing though his armor, and he could also feel the tips scathing into his sides. Artus' arms were locked to his sides, and his sword slipped out of his hand fell to the ground below. Bits of his armor were also crumbling downwards, and it was getting hard to breathe. "Guys, help..." He yelled somewhat weakly, but he was hoping they could hear him down below.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Keres Adrastea
VS.
Creepy Centipede-thing

“Everyone, close your eyes!” Natalia screamed. "What..?" Keres said, suprised by her sudden outburst. He was a bit too late though, and a big flash blinded him few moments after. Using all the cursewords he knew, Keres slashed the air around him in his blindness, not caring if anyone suddenly appeared before him. It could might as well have been the centipede. He slowly regained his vision though, and he saw that the centipede was down for count a few moments as he himself had been. The centipede used its pincers to grab Colenar's shoulder before lettin him go.

Ethan was next up with his petty tricks, but it seemed his bullets were nieffective against the mutant bug-thing. The centipede grabbed Ethn and pushed him up against the wall, but he managed to break free by using his sword. While occupying the bug, Artus fired a thunderbolt at its head, and therefore attracted its attention. While focusing on Artus, Natalia fired one of her spells against it and slammed it against the wall. Artus readied another bolt, but as the bug had climbed up to the roof, he couldn't risk it, in danger of collapsing it. The bug then forcefully lunged itself towards him, and grabbed him in its pincers before crawling back up into the darkness of the dome..

"Guys, help..." he could hear from above. Darn.. he couldn't fly, but he didn't really want to save Artus either. He wanted him dead, but letting him die now would make him look even worse for the group, and he needed their trust as far as he could get it. He went through some tactics in his head, and came up with an idea. He hobered his orb underneeth him, and sat down on top of it. It didn't fall down, and he sat on the orb like a chair. He then focused his mind, making the orb float higher, still with Keres on top of it. Reaching a fair hight, Keres quickly adapted to the darkness above. He could see movements where the centipede crawled around with Artus in its gap. Keres floated over to them, at a distance that would keep him safe, for now. Now it got tricky. He muttered a spell he had learnt from the spellbock at the Inn, and a ball of fire appeared in his right hand. he held it up and saw how horrifying ugly the beast really was, and Artus looked like a mewing child. "How come I risk my life for this..?" Keres sighed before launching the ball of fire at the bug. It didn't appear to do much damage, but the bug obviously disliked fire. Keres could stall it forever from his comfortable little orb up in the air, but he was too impatient to do so. He managed to stand up, standing on the orb as it floated before the bug-thingy, and started chanting the Reaper's Call spell, which started to take effect. Unfortunatly, the Centipede lunged out with its rear end, and knocked Keres off the orb. The spell worked, and the orb now sucessfully drained the energy of anything near it, but keres was at a free fall to the ground. "Damn..." he thought as he fell for something that felt like forever

Samantha Sparks

Undine Pandora Aqua
Brimstone Cave

Undine stayed silent throughout. She spoke not a word. Even as they entered the creepy cave. The next thing the group knew, a humongous, elongated bug appeared. Its grotesque face gave a little roar, before it started to engage in combat with the group.

"Po- poison?" Undine muttered. In a flash, she activated Terradive, while leaving her cloak and new dress on the ground. She obviously began to battle all bare once again, revealing not only her curvacious figure, but her scales and fish-like traits. She struck the giant centipede from below, causing it to growl. Next, Undine took a leap from the ground and hopped onto the bug, grabbing its head and causing it to go berserk.

The beast roared in anguish as it attempted to exterminate Undine. It moved about rather wildly at this point, and attempted to slam its tail onto her. When it did, Undine just took another leap, causing the centipede to strike itself on the back.

This time, the bug was getting really cross. Spotting Undine, it charged at her, before she veiled herself in a barrier of moving water. This only caused the bug to continuously strike at the barrier.

Last edited:

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
((OOC: I can’t tell where people stop and start speaking. It’s rather long, sorry. It’s even longer than my last post. ))

Brimstone Cave
Asher Ikakois

Asher stood still while the others read what was on the metal. ’Saying this is merely the same as saying “I do not know, but I will attempt to calm everyone down and prevent rash decisions,” yet why do feel as if this was necessary?’ he thought, trying to justify his nearly-empty comment. He was attacked by his own mind, which was trying to tell him that going to Galvez Prison without a clear plan in mind of how to conquer it was a foolish and irrational thing to do. He knew that it was, but what else was he to do now that his master and father-figure was dead? He was useless to the group as he did not know how to fight, and would only slow them down once the true fighting began. ’Should I run away?’ He put the metal away in the bag, in a place where could quickly draw it out, lest he be required to communicate again.

Artus began to consider their options. “Well, considering that the river seemingly runs through this cave, I would assume that either way we would have to cross it at some point.” That worried Asher, and he began to back away slightly from everyone else. He would not, would not, would not voluntarily cross any rivers, going to save a princess or no. Water in general was bad, standing water he could avoid without being splashed, but in the fast-flowing water of a river he would be dissolved to his core. He would stay behind or look for a different way to the prison if they were to encounter a river that he could not cross without getting wet. “I say we take the left path. It seems like a good way to go,” Artus said, confident in his selection. Asher could see neither rhyme nor reason for that choice, for there were no clues, no previously-trodden path, for them to ascertain the correct route. He would not follow Artus down any path until they had “thoroughly considered” their options.

Footsteps in the darkness alerted Asher to the group’s state of not being alone. He wondered why, exactly, they could never travel in peace. Artus voiced the party’s collective thoughts, saying, “Huh? Someone else is here?” As soon as that was said, a tall young man stepped out of the path’s entrance. He was tall, taller than Asher, clothed in a blue tunic, and something silver reflected off of his forehead. At his hip there was a whip.

The person who had interrupted them said, “If you are here for the artifact, good luck finding it! I’ve been looking for it for a few hours, now.” Asher was now thoroughly confused. They were in a cave. To go to Galvez Prison. At a fork in the path. With a strange person approaching them. About the non-existence of an artifact. Now, he could tolerate maybe one or two of those things together, but combined into one bemusing whole, they confounded him. He was not worried, but merely not understanding. Asher had read about artifacts in caves and other remote locations, but further research had shown that those were likely rumors spread by bandits and other unsavoury types to lure people in. He hoped that this cave was not home to any more of the bandits, or, heavens forbid, it was their base – those musings were quickly dispelled by the memory of the spider webs: bandits could not have entered this place unless the cobwebs were there to fool people into believing that this was an undisturbed place. The new person could be acting as a lure. But still…this person not ambushing them was a point on the side of “not a bandit”.

Artus was apparently as puzzled as he was and said as much. “Uhhhh...artifact? We're not...here for an artifact...” He was voicing everyone’s confusion. Then he, foolishly, told the newcomer the group’s more-or-less collective main goal. “Actually, we're here on a rescue mission. I'm sure you've heard that Princess Luna was kidnapped right? Well we're going to....Galvez prison to save her...” Even Keres, the group loud-mouth, would have hesitated to tell the odd stranger that they were off to somewhere where no one ever returned from. Artus continued on, as if he had said nothing wrong, “Anyways...I don't suppose you know the way out of this cave do you? You came from that path over there, is the exit that way as well?” Asher agreed with him on that the stranger would probably have that knowledge, but he might also misdirect them.

Despite previously being rather quiet, Coelnar said, “Yes, let's tell the random stranger everything.” Asher was confused at the mention of “random stranger”. Were all strangers not random if they were encountered in caves? The axe-wielder continued, “Great idea. For all we know, this guy works for Diaz," as he finished that sentence he shook his head. "I'm just saying, Artus. You can't trust everyone, and the closer we get to Galvez, the more dangerous things'll get.”

Coelnar was ignored by everyone as the blue-clothed stranger said, “You know, Artus. Your friend here is correct. You should probably not divulge information so easily. I didn’t even have to threaten you.”

’No! He real- wait. His tone of voice is strange for one who is serious. If he truly worked for Diaz, he would have attack us before saying that and bragged afterwards. I do know that tone of voice – it was often used to tease the me who had just been born and unable to discern the intended meaning from the actual words.’ Asher thought, being ever-rational about assessing the situation as it was. If the new person did indeed operate under Diaz’s orders, then the construct would chide himself for not reacting when it was possible to escape.

“I do know the way out of here. It’s down the other path. This one…” Fabian said, pointing down the path from whence he had come, “leads to a dead end.” Asher assumed that he had been withstanding the smell of the brimstone for the past few hours and had gotten used to it. “I’ll accompany your little group for research purposes, but let me ask you a question…” the blue-robed mage said. Asher perked up a bit when he said “research purposes”, but then was slightly less enthused when he mentioned questions. Asher disliked question when they were directed at him, but he was fine with people being as curious-as-cats with others. “What do you plan to do once you break into the prison? I’m assuming you know the layout of it and aren’t blindly marching into a heavily guarded facility that no one has been able to break out of.” Asher considered something at that point – it was true: they had no plan besides going in there and rescuing the princess; they were not omniscient, they were fallible, yet the party believed that they could perform miracles.

“And I’m assuming you know how easy it is to get your hands on the layout of Galvez or any information about it for that matter,” Natalia said, irritated. Asher wished that she would not be so confrontational, but this new person seemed pretty level-headed. “We are capable enough to assess the situation and come up with the best course of action after that.” Asher could tell that she was trying her best to use words that might potentially impress the stranger, and the construct was fairly confident that she knew what she was talking about – except for the “capable” part. He, himself, certainly was not able to decide for himself; deciding for others would require a great degree of foresight, which Natalia may not have possessed. The noblewoman’s judgment needed mending if she engaged Keres, the death-crazed maniac, in any sort of fight.

Asher would have guessed that Fabian was on the defensive verbally if he were stymied by her words, but he was not. Fabian said, “No need to be so defensive, girly. Besides, if that were true, you probably would have known that this cave were here and how to get out of it. I don’t have any information about Galvez, but you should know where to find that if you really want to save the princess.” He, to Asher, appeared to be hiding something vital about the prison.

Keres had decided that this was the best time to interrupt and tease the person who had him aggravated. “Nat.. Nat.. Poor naive Nat. That's not how you treat strangers in possession of strong magic. But she's right…kinda,” he said. “Do you happen to know anything about the layout?”

’Ah, so he shares my suspicions about the quantity of knowledge about Galvez Prison that this stranger holds? It is strange that we would hold even a single thought in common,’ Asher thought, edging closer to Keres. The necromancer was insane, but at least he held no antipathy towards the construct.

The man responded to Keres’ query as if he had no time to spare for questions that should be obvious, saying, “Like I said, I don’t have any information about Galvez’s layout, but I’m sure it exists somewhere.” He turned to stare at Keres, and said, “Say, are you a vampire or something?” Asher did have to agree that Keres’ appearance would subject him to speculation of his species or origin, but as a person with mud-colored skin and silver-grey eyes, he had no place to talk. Vampires took damage from sunlight, but Keres was not hurt by the sunlight, so Asher ruled out that as an explanation as to his life before joining the group.

’I had best obscure my appearance from him, for he seems as if he could raise suspicions as to what I am.’ He lifted his head to look at Fabian and silently apologized to him in advance, ’I am sorry for avoiding you, but that is a measure I will have to take in order to hide who I am. The others are not as observant as you are, so I may be able to successfully conceal my origins.’

Keres seemed to take the vampire comment in stride and said as much. “I like you.” Anyone else (nearly) saying would not be creepy, but when Keres said it…there was no touch of emotion behind those words.

“Hold up Keres. I’ve got more important questions,” Ethan said, breaking his period of silence. “How do we know if we can even trust you? Here’s a start, what’s your name?” To Asher, he seemed like a pillar of sense in a sea of inanity, so he began to like Ethan just a bit more. He was suspicious, which signaled a person who was able to stand back and consider everything thoroughly; however, there was something about him that Asher did not like. Perhaps it was that he joined the group in search of a weapon.

“Well, the fact that I haven’t killed you, which I am fully capable of doing, should give you an inkling of hope that you can trust me. My name is Fabian Alabond of Feyburg. My hometown was destroyed by Diaz’s troops in his conquest of greed. You see, I was one of the top researches back in the Feyburg Mage’s Guild, so it is my duty to procure the relics that were stolen and restore Feyburg back to its former state,” Fabian said, sure of himself. Asher was tired of people, who had more confidence than skill, but he was cautious of his judgment of Keres in that regard, and Fabian could prove to be the same. At the mention of “Feyburg” he became a slight bit more cheery, perhaps because Aime, his hometown, and Feyburg had been in a friendly rivalry for the past century or so, with Feyburg being more advanced in pure magic and Aime more adept in the scientific analysis of magic and both competing for title of best application of it.

“Has your curiosity been satiated? I don’t recall any of you introducing yourselves. The few names that I have picked up are Artus, Nat, and Keres. So who are the rest of you, and keep it short. The odor of this cave is starting to affect my ability to think rationally,” Fabian said, snapping Asher out of his mini-reverie.

’He is quick, picking up those names from merely a mention. I do not doubt his claim to have belonged to the guild, perhaps we may be comrades in the pursuit of information on magic?’ Asher was feeling a bit more hopeful about Fabian now that he has related his story. The construct was hesitant to tell his own background, so he remained silent. Artus could probably be relied on to introduce those that had not spoken.

Instead of Artus speaking first, as Asher had predicted, it was Coelnar; Asher made a mental note to himself that Coelnar was more confident that he appeared. Coelnar said, “Well, I suppose we don't have much choice but to let you come with us. In any case, we'll need all the help we can get. My name's Coelnar. I'm a member of the Polrin, and I'm going to save my people from Galvez, if they're alive, that is.” Asher dug around in his files of memories for the explanation of “Polrin” and found it buried in the place where all of his “not enough information to pass judgment” memories and experiences were collected. It was odd that he did not know of something, but he let it slide and would rely on Coelnar to explain everything.

“And this is Ethan, and those quiet guys over there are Asher and Undine,” Artus said, following up on Coelner’s comment. Asher considered him as the most personable of the group, as he was certainly more outspoken than the construct or Undine, and friendly than Keres or Ethan and Coelnar did not restrain himself when it came to conciseness.

“Anyway, I wish there was an easy way into Galvez, but it doesn't seem so. Still, I suppose the problem isn't really with getting in, as much as getting out again. If you have any decent ideas, we'd be glad to hear them. I'll be the first to admit that we don't have much of a plan,” said Coelnar, ever the sensible one. Asher silently wished that he was brave enough to speak honestly in front of the group, but he was not.

“Also, my name is not Nat, but it seems Natalia is too complicated for some to remember. I hope you’re still able to think rationally enough to remember this,” Natalia said, wishing to replace the name “Nat” with “Natalia” before Fabian started to call her the shortened version.

“Coelnar brings up a good point. It's not so much about getting in, then it is about getting out,” Artus said, showing some reserve about the whole expenditure for once. He propped his head on his hand. “I mean, we do have Keres here, who can take on the whole prison by himself 'cus he's the master of death.” That was obviously directed at Keres, who Asher assumed had bragged about his abilities.

Keres apparently had a malfunctioning sarcasm-detector, as he said, “That's true, killing one could easily take out the rest if I cast the right curses...” Asher knew that is partially the truth, as the revenants were stronger than even him, and he did not doubt that the necromancer had more tricks up his sleeves.

“We can think of something after. Let's get out of this cave first, the smell is really starting to get overwhelming,” Artus said, eager to remove himself from the cave. Asher also found that the smell disagreed with him, but he could bear it as long as it was required.
_______

“Hey Fabian...you sure this is the way out?” Artus asked Fabian, as they were walking along the path in the cave. Asher was certain that everyone was uncertain about the path, and as they came to a section of the cave that resembled a dome, he could smell a cloying scent. It was akin to the one he had smelled behind the house with the bandits, but the smell of brimstone tainted it. He began to get suspicious. Keres, on the other hand, seemed so sure of Fabian’s directions that he told Artus to quit complaining. “I think that's the exit…” Artus said, as he pointed to the other side of the dome. Even in the low light, Asher could see several lumps on the ground, and, upon further examination, they were revealed to be bodies. Keres commented on their appearance, noting that they were half-eaten.

A scuttling noise alerted Asher to a large centipede’s presence. He recognized it as a Pincer Centipede, which was an apt description for something that used it mandibles to chomp on its victims. Artus muttered something to himself, and asked Fabian if he knew that there was a large bug lurking in the depths of the cave. He did not concentrate on the giant vermin, which crept closer to him. He launched a lightning bolt at it, and it hit its mark, but it did not appear to be very effective. He ran from the group, trying to lure the centipede away.

Keres attempted to rid the bug of its energy, but it kept on moving without even being affected. Natalia called for everyone to close their eyes for a moment and released a bright flash of light, which temporarily stunned the creature. It continued to advance after Natalia ran in the opposite direction that Artus had. Coelner used a Light-aligned spell to sear off a few of its legs, but, as Asher knew, centipedes operated just fine with a few of their limbs missing. It lunged at the axe-wielder, narrowly missing his internal organs and head, but its pincers clamped onto his shoulder and Coelnar was lifted into the air. He kicked at the centipede and it let go of him, dropping him on the ground. Asher could hear something crack, but Coelnar placed his hand on his shoulder and it began to heal.

Ethan, realizing that Coelnar’s healing spell would take some time, fired a wind-assisted gunshot at the bug, and it pierced it, but it did not affect it much. Ethan drew his sword and slashed at the immense thing, but that only made it angrier. He was soon cornered by it, even with the sword stuck between its jaws, and Artus seized the chance to hit it upside the head with a lightning spell. It scuttled up the wall after abandoning Ethan, only to lunge down and grab Artus to haul him up. Keres cast a spell on the orb, enabling him to float on it, and launched a fire ball at it. It smacked him with the tail end, and he fell off his orb.

Asher dashed forwards to catch the necromancer, and jumped to catch his falling body. He landed nimbly among a series of puddles, and as far as he could tell, none of them held clean water, so he leaped back across a pool of water. Near him was Coelnar, whose shoulder seemed to be getting better already. Undine disappeared under the ground, along with the robe that had covered the majority of his body. She leaped from the wall and latched onto the centipede’s head, causing it to drop Artus. Asher quickly set Keres down by Coelnar and went to evade the lashing of the bug’s tail and any puddles while catching Artus. He was halfway successful, remaining unscathed by the centipede, but his right foot landed in a puddle. He quickly took it out, but his toes were already…not there. Artus was heavier than Keres, but Asher supposed that that was because he had armor on.

Undine was keeping the centipede at bay, so Asher took advantage of the distraction and laid Artus down by Coelnar. The centipede was concentrating on the blue-haired girl, but by no means that meant that Asher would rest. As the creature mostly stayed in the same around and thrashed around in a side-winding pattern, he was sure that he would be accurate if he were to hit it. The construct silently thanked Undine for creating an opportunity for him. He jumped at the wall and used Restoration to latch his fingers into the cracks in the wall and restore his toes. He climbed up the ceiling using that method of absorbing the wall into him, and he soon reached the top of the “dome”. Here, he was directly above the centipede’s writhing body, and he could judge where he would land if he were to form a weapon out of the rock.

’Weapon…weapon,’ he thought, urgently trying to decide between the many vying ideas in his head. ’If I drop down from here, will I hit it in a vital place? I do not know the build of centipedes, but pinning it to the floor seems like a good idea. If I take a large chunk of stone from the ceiling it might collapse, but I can probably remove just enough to form something to stab though it and merge with the floor. Weapon formation!’ The rock of the top of the roof of the cave began to accumulate by his side, and it finally shaped itself into a sturdy spear. Asher waited for the optimal moment to drop, calculating how quickly he would fall and where the centipede might be, detached the spear from the ceiling, and dropped while twisting himself around so that he would land side-first. He landed perpendicular to the centipede’s body; the spear impaling it cleanly -- through the middle. He could feel something of his being broken, but he did not know what, for he was concentrating on joining the spear with the ground – in a few moments, the spear was a solid pole of rock sticking up from the floor of the cave. The centipede could not move from its current position; however, it was more enraged than before and it had a new target now – Asher. Its tail lashed about wildly, smacking Asher in the face a few times, and the jaws tried to clamp onto him.

Asher was seized around his torso by its mandibles and gripped by an immense amount of pain. If he could, he would have screamed. Concentrating on dealing the maximum damage while he could, he attempted to pry the jaws from around his waist and bent one back so far that it came out. Asher knew that his strength was greater than a human’s, but he had never experienced such pain and panic before, so he was rather surprised. Upon further consideration later, he remembered that, while the centipede could close its jaws very tightly, it had a limit on how much the jaws could bend back. He had merely reached that point and one of the mandibles was no longer attached, but he had no leverage to remove the other half, so he attempted to back away after hitting the centipede a few times with its own body part, which he disposed of by throwing against the wall. His middle was bleeding profusely; something on the lower part of his right leg was broken, badly; the bite from the centipede left him reeling in pain; his strength was leaving him as the blood oozed steadily out – he knew that he had to get away from the centipede, but it was battering him with both ends. He sat down by the place where the centipede was impaled, covered his neck, and attempted to minimize damage taken; although, upon later reflection, he realized that running from it might have been wiser, but during that moment, he was in massive pain and taking even a single step away from there would have resulted in being knocked over by the centipede’s attacks.

((OOC: Samantha, AJ, and Keres, your posts are all conflicting, so I attempted to meld them together. Yay for 4k word post?))

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Natalia Denar
Brimstone Cave

As Natalia ran off to the side of the cave, she could hear Keres swearing. It seemed he was blinded by Natalia’s spell, which made her chuckle.

Coelnar blasted the centipede using a Light Element magic which tore off some of its legs. It didn’t like that and charged towards Coelnar, hit his shoulder and lifted him into the air. Coelnar managed to free himself with a well-aimed kick in its face. While Coelnar was tending to his shoulder, Ethan got the insect’s attention by firing a bullet through it. Sure enough, he became its next target and managed to slash its face with his sword before being knocked to the ground.

Artus fired another Thunderbolt at the centipede, this time hitting it in the head and stunning it for a second. Natalia used a Whirlwind Spiral and caused the insect to bang its head on the wall. After recovering from the hit, the centipede grabbed Artus with its jaws and climbed onto the ceiling. Keres of all people was the first to react. He levitated upwards using his orb and fired a Fire spell at the enemy. While the centipede was somewhat damaged by it, it lashed at Keres with its tail and knocked him off the orb. Natalia was watching him fall and was admittedly disappointed when Asher stopped his and caught him.

Meanwhile, Undine sank into the ground and appeared from the wall to attack the centipede. Surprised, it let go of Artus and Asher was once again the one to catch a falling comrade. Using a similar method as Undine, Asher moved to top of the dome right above the oversized insect. He formed a spear out of the rock and dropped onto the centipede and pierced it with the spear, pinning it to the ground.

It seemed to be going great, but there was problem with Asher’s plan: after stopping the centipede, he found himself right next to it. The centipede took the chance and hit him a couple of times with the tail before wrapping itself around him. Asher tried his best to escape, but centipede’s strength was too much for him. He was bleeding heavily and seemed to be losing consciousness.

With pretty much everyone already injured, Natalia attacked the centipede to free Asher. She cast Whirlwind Cloak and charged in. She didn’t have a detailed plan, she just began swinging her swords at the part of the insect’s body that was wrapped around Asher, trying to cut through it. Centipede’s body was tough and although she made a couple of decent cuts, Natalia wasn’t making much progress. She did manage to get the insect to loosen its grip on Asher, as it started flailing around in an attempt to knock Natalia away. Natalia got hit a couple of times, but her Whirlwind Cloak, took away most of the force in those strikes.

How can this be? Even with Whirlwind Cloak active, I won’t be able to cut through. On top of that, its hits are incredibly powerful, given I can feel them through my spell. I’m running out of mana - I have to get Asher out quickly. Natalia took a few steps back to find an appropriate moment to get to Asher and pull him away from the centipede. But with its movement so unpredictable and her running out of time, Natalia, was too hasty and misjudged the right timing. She ran out of mana mid-jump, and got hit by the tail. The force of impact knocked her across the cavern. While nothing felt broken, her whole body was in considerable pain. Too weak to get up immediately, Natalia just lay there, cursing the centipede and waiting for the pain to disappear.

D

Deleted member 300066

Ethan Daggett
Brimstone Cave.

Ethan watched as the giant centipede took Artus up to the wall of the cave with him. His armour began to crumble to pieces.
“Guys… Help…” He yelled through the pain. Ethan cringed slightly at the sight of it, Artus must have been in huge amounts of pain. To Ethan’s surprise, it was Keres who jumped at the opportunity to rescue Artus. He levitated upwards on his spherical orb and stopped nearby the centipede, he muttered the words for a spell and formed a ball of fire in his right hand. Keres muttered something to himself, though Ethan couldn’t hear it. He launched the fire towards the bug, though it did minimal damage. He began chanting a spell, though was soon knocked off his orb, he landed roughly on the ground below. Asher caught Keres just in time and laid him down on the ground. Undine then dived into the earth below, emerging from the wall to keep the centipede occupied. In its rage Artus was dropped by the bug, caught once again in the arms of Asher.

Asher somehow managed to clamber up the wall of the cave quickly, soon reaching the ceiling. Ethan watched in amazement at Asher formed a large rocky spear in his hand; he then dropped from the ceiling down onto the centipede. He pierced straight through the body of the beast and pinned it to the earth below. It screeched in pain and lashed out at Asher. It grabbed him with its pincers, dropping Ethan’s sword as it did so. The construct then proceeded to push the mandibles apart with all his strength, so much that one of the mandibles snapped clean off, it landed on the ground below with a thud. The centipede then wrapped itself around Asher, trapping him. Natalia came to the rescue as she sped forwards with a whirlwind cloak, she made several deep cuts on the centipede. The centipede was looking incredibly beaten up at this point. Natalia stepped back to consider her options, but was swiftly hit by the tail of the centipede, she was knocked to the wall of the cavern.

Ethan ran over to retrieve his sword from the ground. After grabbing the hilt he turned to face the centipede wrapped around Asher, Ethan wasn’t quite sure how to get Asher out. He holstered his pistol and drew his dagger so that he was wielding two blades. He ran towards the centipede and made several stabs into its side with both the dagger and the cutlass, pus-like blood began to ooze out of the centipede’s flesh. The centipede turned towards Ethan angrily, then releasing Asher and attempting to stab Ethan with its one remaining mandible, Ethan dodged backwards. With just one mandible the centipede was a far less intimidating foe, it seemed to have trouble stabbing or hitting with it.
“We’ve got to finish this bastard off! Soon!” Ethan shouted to the others.

Last edited by a moderator:

thesilverwolf

Artus introduced the rest of the group, before leading them down the path that Fabian suggested. Fabian didn’t mention anything else as the group began to move, but he heard one thing that made him shutter. A monotonous voice called out, “I like you.”

That Keres guy is slightly creepy, but equally intriguing.

The group moved quickly through the cave that was filled with the scent of death. A smell that Fabian was familiar with, given the amount of death that he has seen at this point. Diaz’s men were making rapidly spreading throughout the land and leaving a trail of corpses in their wake. Fabian thought of the fellow mages back home that met their untimely death at the hands of the ruffians that ambushed them. He grimaced as he tried to shake the thought from his mind. He was pulled from his thoughts by Artus’s voice, “Hey Fabian...you sure this is the way out?”

“Yeah, it is. I wouldn’t lead you down the wrong path on purpose, unless I was extremely bored. I’m only slightly bored at this point.” Fabian said as he surveyed the surroundings. Eventually the group arrived in a cavernous area. The ceiling was high with various stalagmites hanging around. A river rushed through the center of the room. Artus called out. “I think that’s the exit…”

Fabian rolled his eyes at Artus’s obvious observation and quietly said, “Well, it certainly isn’t the entrance that we came from.”

Fabian noticed that Artus was observing rather than moving, so he decided to do the same. That shadow looks weird…are those bodies? Artus behavior seemed to suddenly change as he said, “The guy at the inn…He said they died before making it to the prison..."

“Have you finally gone mad?” Fabian asked Artus who was muttering incoherently and backing away. Fabian would have believed his own conclusion had he not seen what caught Artus’s eye. A figure began to scuttle down from the ceiling; it appeared to be some sort of insect. Great…

"Fabian, did you know about this?!" Artus shouted.

Fabian bit his lip as he remembered something. A phrase echoed through his head. Be careful in that cave. It is uncertain what type of creatures roam in there. What is known is that no one typically come back safe, nor at all. Fabian hid his guilt. Whoops… Fabian had seen this creature in a book before, but he never thought he’d see one alive.

"Guys, watch out for the pincers!" Artus commanded the group. The group seemed to jump right into the action. Fabian decided to wait a moment before joining the fray, mostly because he was assessing the group’s skills, but he also didn’t want to be eaten.

“Everyone, close your eyes!” Natalia shouted. Fabian shielded his eyes as quickly as he could, but he was slightly blinded by the light that Natalia produced. Fabian rubbed his eyes viciously to remove the hindrance caused by the flash. Everything began to happen so quickly that he wasn’t able to really take in the experience, but everyone seemed to be capable of holding their own. They all seemed to cooperate well, and compliment each other’s decisions.

Eventually, the centipede was pretty battered and losing limbs. I guess they’re worthy of my help, now. Fabian placed his hand in front of him and held out his palm, facing up. Oh flickering blaze, burn... Fire Ball! A red glow emanated from his palm before a ball of flame burst into existence. The flames grew larger until it was the size of small boulder. Fabian tossed the ball of fire at the centipede’s side. Upon impact, the fireball exploded, singeing the area it touched. Flames spread from the point of impact across the centipede’s body. Fabian watched as the centipede writhed about in pain. It began to wildly and ineffectively thrash about, trying to rid itself of the intense flames that were scorching its body.

“Now that’s what I call a fire!” Fabian said enthusiastically. He was quite enthralled by the flames, a bit too much.

AJ2000

Brimstone Cave
Route to Kale
Artus Callum & co.

Surprisingly, Keres was the first one to aid Artus in getting out of the clutches of the monster. Keres levitated on his orb, rather slowly, to the approximate height of the Centipede. Since when could he do that…?! Suddenly, he launched his Hellfire spell, and directed it right at the Centipede, dealing some good amount of damage. However, it failed to loosen its grip on Artus, as it started to wriggle around and tighten its jaws around his torso. Artus looked down below, and realized if the Centipede had dropped him, he would take some damage if he didn’t try and break his fall. Suddenly, Undine came out of nowhere, latching onto the head of the bug, causing it to drop Artus below. He closed his eyes as he fell through the air, but he suddenly felt his fall being broken by landing into someone’s arms. Artus looked and noticed it was Asher. As he set himself next to Coelnar, Artus kneeled down, trying to recuperate. He was bleeding from the sides, although not serious, but the main problem was pain. He was fairly certain that the venom of the Centipede was not fatal, but rather caused pain to its prey. He looked over at Coelnar, who was healing his injured shoulder. He knew it was selfish of him to ask Coelnar to heal Artus as well, seeing as he had already healed Keres earlier, and that would just drain his mana.

Suddenly, as Artus was lost in his train of thought, the centipede was impaled by Asher, and was pinned into the ground, rendering it unable to move about. Did Asher do that? He was shocked that Asher was capable of doing such magic, as Artus always thought of him as those quiet-support types. However, his success was short-lived, as the creature lashed out at Asher and gripped him with its powerful jaws. “Crap! Asher!” Artus tried to move, but quickly tripped, due to the stress on his torso. “Damn it…” He looked at Asher once again, and he managed to rip out one its mandibles. “We almost have him…” Artus said, as he slowly got up, trying to look for his sword. He looked forward, and saw it somewhat away the centipede, however if it were to catch Artus’ attention, it would have no problem lunging its head at him. However Asher needed help, to he tried to ready another Thunderbolt spell. As he was ready to fire it, Natalia suddenly jumped in, and started slashing away at the beast, cutting away at its armor. Although it didn’t do anything severe, it did seem to weaken the crippled monster even further. As Natalia stepped back, she paused and then jumped in for what seemed to be a finishing blow however the Centipede knocked her to the side of the cave wall with a flick of its tail. Artus watched as she literally flew and hit the side, then falling to the ground in pain.

Ethan then gave his shot at saving Asher, as he gave the Centipede multiple stabs, oozing out pus-like blood, releasing Asher. It lunged at Ethan rather weakly trying to attack with its one mandible, however Ethan easily dodged it. “We’ve got to finish this bastard off! Soon!” He cried. In that instant, Fabian ha launched a ball of dancing flames at the beast, igniting it. Artus could feel the heat, as the Centipede thrashed about. It was clear that Fire-Elemented magic was Fabian’s specialty, as the Fireball spell did more damage than Keres’ fire spell. Either that, or Fabian was just incredibly talented. After a few moments, the flames extinguished themselves in a large explosion of sparks, leaving burns on the beast. As the smoke cleared up, the Centipede twitched slightly, but it was obviously close to its death.

“That’s what you get, you bastard…” Artus said, as he slowly walked past the torched Centipede, picking up his sword. He swung it around to loosen himself up, and then proceeded to poking it into the bug’s underbelly. After hearing a disgusting crunching noise, the same pus-like ooze gushed out onto the ground. Artus turned away in disgust, and walked back to Fabian. “You really saved our butts. That was one heck of a fireball. Welcome to the team.” He complimented Fabian. Artus walked back to the group, sheathing his sword. He was thinking about insulting Keres on his weak fire-based spell as apposed to Fabian’s, but Artus figured everyone was beat up and just wanted out of the cave. “Are you guys okay…?” He said, as he stretched out his torso and arms. His bleeding wasn’t too bad, as his armor protected him, but he really just wanted to wash it off. Artus took a look at his armor, which was badly beat out of shape and cracked in numerous places. His shoulder piece was gone, and the abdomen guard was wrecked as well. Angrily, he took off the armor and threw it on the ground. “Piece of sh*t…” He cussed as gave the armor a kick. Artus was angry that they had a sudden run-in with the unexpected foe, but he was still grateful that they were safe. He rubbed his tan-colored shirt, trying get rid of the red stains, but instead ended up making the rips in his shirt even bigger.

He started to walk out of the cave in frustration, and slipped through the narrow passage, revealing the outside world. It was incredibly rocky, and it seemed as if they had been travelling uphill, as the elevation had increased. There were several small streams around, and there was a slightly rocky pathway, that led towards a small mountain. Artus walked towards one of the streams, and bent down, trying to get sips of the water. It made him cough a bit, due to some dirt, but water was water. At least it wasn’t saltwater. He sat down, and wet his hands and wiped at the cuts near his torso, wiping away the caked blood. He let out a ‘hiss’ due to the sting of the exposed cut. “We should take a break. We took a huge beating.” He said, looking at Fabian, who wasn’t really injured. However, did respect him considering he incinerated the Centipede.

Last edited:

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Natalia Denar
Brimstone Cave

While Natalia was lying on her back, staring at the moss on the ceiling and waiting for the pain to recede, the centipede killing continued. She didn’t see what exactly was going on, but from the sound of blades cutting into the insect and its screeches, she concluded it was going well enough.
I’ll just lay here some more. With the giant insect nailed to the ground, it’s no longer a threat. We have all the time we need to finish it.

Ethan, however, seemed to disagree. “We’ve got to finish this bastard off! Soon!” His shout echoed around the dome. His wish was granted, as the cave suddenly became illuminated by a huge fireball. The intense light was followed by a loud explosion and centipede’s last cries before its death, neither of them doing anything to help Natalia’s headache. Nor did Fabian’s triumphant boast. “Now that’s what I call a fire!”

With the centipede defeated and the smell of burnt flesh spreading around the cavern, Natalia relaxed a bit. She lay spread-eagle on the rocky floor with her swords a couple of feet away from her. While she could start getting up, she remained there to see, if anyone would come to check up on her.

Who knew creatures like this existed. It’s a bit ironic that a giant insect caused us so much trouble when we defeated three bandits like nothing. At least I could see everyone’s abilities first-hand. Now I’m pretty sure who I want to help me on my mission besides Artus. Coelnar and Ethan would probably be my first choices, but neither seems to like me very much. Asher is high on the list as well, providing he is still alive. Natalia moved into a more comfortable position, but remained on the ground waiting for someone to come to help her.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Keres Adrastea
In the cave/On the road

keres fell for a time that felt like forever. The cave wasn't that tall, but he feared for his life big-time. He waited to smash into the ground, but at the last secound, he felt a pair of strong arms reaching out for him. He looked up, and saw that Asher caught him from the fall, and held him like a princess. He put Keres down and walked away. Keres stood up, hoping nobody saw what just happened. He was confused. He had experienced something unnatural for him, fear. When falling, he had honestly feared for his life, and was convinced he would die. What did this mean? He tok his hand and put it on his chest, and suddenly, he felt a pain in his head, as if someone took a sledgehammer and beat it into a brick-wall. His heart beat like crazy, and he stepped away from the battle, planning to let the others deal with this suprisingly powerful bug, and hoping nobody witnessed what just happened. They had gotten the upper hand now, and Asher managed to slow it down for Fabian to finish off.

Keres noticed Natalia, laying on the floor for some reason. She didn't appear to be badly hurt, just.. lying there. What are you planning...? keres thought. but whatever she did, was up to her. Keres had his own problem. What was this ominous sensation from when he fell? this troubled him, but he went over to natalia. The battle was now over, ended by an exellent fiery explosion from Fabian, who obviously specialized in Fire-magic. Natalia seemed to be in deep thought. She probably had her own reason for seeming mysterious, just like they al had. Keres, who had to somehow earn some trust in the group, went over to her, where she was obviously waiting for someone to help her up. You're so.. Gonna regret this! Keres thought for himself, then offering Natalia a hand to help her up

SteelKing 2012

An Iron Fist
Coelnar Ellidyn
Brimstone Cave

Coelnar lay on the ground, watching helplessly as chaos unfolded around him. He could make out very little pf what was happening, and couldn't see much. He was mostly concerned with his shoulder. It was broken in a couple of places, and it was incredibly painful as he healed it. Still, from what he could tell, the fight started to turn their way. He saw Fabian launching a fireball at it; Seemed they could trust him after all, Asher impaling it on the ground, completely immobilizing it, though it was a little too close for Coelnar's liking. He never really wanted an up-close view of any centipede, never mind on this size. Still, it seemed to do the job for a moment. Healing himself was a messy business though, as always, and it seemed to increase the pain tenfold every minute. Coelnar managed to bear it until then, but there was a sudden burst of pain, and the cave swam before him. He couldn't make anything out for an age.

By the time he recovered, the battle was over, and the centipede lay dead on the cave floor. The others didn't look that badly hurt, though a couple of them were in bad shape. Coelnar wanted to help them, but as far as he could tell, his mana was completely gone, and would be until he got a decent rest. He got to his feet slowly, looking around. He was glad no-one had been hurt too badly, at least, though it had shown that they might be in some trouble when they reached Galvez prison. We need to learn to work together. We end up interfering with Heach other's attacks. he thought. He wondered how the others felt. Relieved, probably, but did any of them share his doubts? Perhaps, perhaps not. They needed somewhere to rest, though, somewhere safe. That was probably the first priority, before worrying. There was plenty of time for that later. He just hoped the centipede was the only one in the tunnels, and that there wasn't a nest of them somewhere.

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Natalia Denar
Brimstone Cave

Natalia’s observation of the ceiling structure was eventually interrupted by a dark silhouette coming into her view. Well, it was about time someone remembered to check how I am. She then focused her eyes on the approaching figure and was shocked when she identified it to be none other than Keres, the last person she expected. Natalia’s brain started racing as she got worried.

Why is he coming here? What does he want? Surely he isn’t going to attack me, is he? He’s probably still sore about losing to me earlier, but even he wouldn’t try to kill me in front of everyone. What are the others doing? Are they still here at all? I’m out of mana and the swords are out of my reach, I have no way of defending myself. He also seems to be in a better condition than I am so I probably can’t outrun him.

With each step Keres took towards her, Natalia’s heartbeat increased. When he finally stopped next to her, she was approaching a panic attack. Keres stretched out an arm and held it over her. Natalia was afraid of what might follow, but he just held it still. It took Natalia a few moments to realise what his intentions actually were – he was only trying to help her get up. Immediately after the realisation, her fear receded and gave way to a wave of pride. It seems my words bore fruit after all. He’s actually treating me as he should.

To show approval of his behaviour, Natalia accepted his hand with a smile and let him pull her to her feet. To be fair, the smile on her face appeared mostly due to the massive boost her ego had just received, what followed simply intensified it. “Thanks, Keres.” Natalia meant the unlikely words she had just uttered. She wasn’t referring just to the help Keres offered, but also to what that might signify. She did some stretches in a moderately successful attempt to relieve some pain and picked up her swords. She checked the blades for any signs of damage before sheathing them.

AJ2000

Route to Galvez Prison
Artus Callum & co.

After sitting down for a while, Artus got up and stretched out his arms. He was getting somewhat comfortable sitting on the ground next to the stream, and didn't feel like getting up. However, he knew that was obviously not an option. As he got up, he noticed that most of the others were actually in better condition than he originally thought. The only real problem was that their mana was draining low. The only thing that would replenish it would be food and rest, but considering that they didn't bring any food, that was out of the question. All they could do was rest. They had literally fought against strong foes all day, and it was taking a toll on Artus as well. Although most of his spells were mana-friendly, repetitive usage of his magic drained him to less than half of his entire reserve of mana.

He looked down at the stream, and saw small fish swimming around. Those are way too small for anyone to eat... He thought. But still...they're better than nothing. He reached his hand into the stream, and swung it around to catch any fish that were unlucky enough to swim into his hand. However, it was easier said than done. Every time he tried to grab a fish, he would be too slow and it would swim away from his reach. "Damn it!" He yelled. Artus was starting to get angry. Normally, he would be eating lots of food throughout the day, but ever since he started the trip, there was less time for eating, and more for travelling. If this were to keep up, he knew he would start to lose weight, due to eating less and the vigorous exercise that the battles usually bring. However his main concern was that he would start to lose energy from not eating. After many failed attempts, he managed to grab a fish, about the size of his hand. He threw it on the ground away from stream, and smiled. "Look guys, I got one!" He said ecstatically, as he pointed to the flopping fish. His hand started to emanate mana, and he then proceeded to touch the fish and let loose sparks form his thunderbolt spell, frying the fish. After a brief moment, the fish was burnt, and gave off that usual fish-y aroma. Artus touched it cautiously, as it was still hot. He grabbed it by the tail fin with two fingers and wiggled it around to shake off any burnt, crusty scales. He quickly bit into it, taking off a large chunk of its side, and chewed it. "It's a bit burnt, but it still tastes kinda good." He said, mumbling, with his mouth full. He held it up against the group, signalling if they wanted any. "You guys want a bite?" There were obviously more fish in the stream, so he figured he may as well share, seeing as he could always catch more. Although catching one was difficult enough for him.