• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tale of Heroes - Part 1: Reign of Diaz (PG:14)

D

Deleted member 300066

Ethan Daggett: Post 20

Ethan Daggett
Galvez Maze

Ethan waited for the reactions.

"Who knew your full name? Don't lie to me, Ethan. Haven't you done that enough? Pirate?" Coelnar replied. His voice sounded angry. Ethan hadn’t seen Coelnar angry like this before "So, when were you planning to tell us about this, Captain? Or were you just going to wait, and hope the subject never came up. I thought we were at least important enough for you to be honest with. And don't say you never actually lied. You withheld the truth, and in my mind, there's little difference. Explain yourself." He spoke firmly and confidently. He locked eyes with Ethan "Now.”

Jasper held up his finger as if to start speaking, Ethan looked at him threateningly. Jasper got the message and didn’t speak

Ethan was silent for a moment. This was exactly as he had expected it to go. Ethan turned to Coelnar and took a breath.
“Is it really that important?” He replied. “It’s not exactly something many people would consider a ‘noble’ profession. For all I knew when you found out I would have been left on my own. What about the others like Asher and Natalia. You think they would take it well?” Ethan was silent for a few more seconds. “Look. What does it matter what I do for a living? I can fight, I can walk.” Ethan thought for a moment more “Alright, fine. I’m sorry.” He said “I should have told you.” Ethan’s voice wasn’t completely genuine. It sounded rushed. Frankly, he wanted to lay the topic to rest for now.

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Underground Chamber
Artus, Asher, Natalia & Biff

“I don’t know….can you guys make anything out of it?” Artus asked as he looked at Asher and Natalia. Natalia seemed didn’t even bother taking a closer inspection of the drawing Biff found, as she seemed more interested in something else.

“It’s probably nothing, anyone could have made it. All I know is that we can’t rely on Biff anymore. His knows these tunnels as well as we do, which is to say not at all.” Artus looked at Biff who didn’t react, and continued to look at the drawing. “However, I don’t see much point in retracing our steps, as we were just as lost back there as we are now.” Artus nodded in agreement. Natalia walked towards the wall opposite to the corridor and pressed her ear against it.It appeared as if she was listening to something through the wall. “I think the best thing would be to locate the source of the draft and then try to make a hole in that wall so we can make it to the other side.”

“Hmmm….yeah.” Biff started to talk whilst still looking at the drawing. “These caves have stuff like that all the time. Their pretty hard to take down unless you got the right tools, or magic.” He then looked at the three and gave a perverted looking smile. “They usually lead to more passages and whatnot, and they make great hiding spots from the beast. Me and my friends found one once. Can’t really remember what was in it though.“ He then stopped and walked towards the wall that Natalia was at. “Move aside, toots.” He said as he shoved Natalia to the side to closer inspect the wall. Artus chuckled a bit, but quickly stopped as he realized it was not the time to be joking around. “Hmmm…this wall does seem to be breakable….” He gave it a couple of jabs with one hand while holding the torch in the other. “Do you guys know any magic that could break this wall down? It doesn’t seem very strong.” Biff looked at the three, expecting an answer.

It wouldn’t be fair if I asked Natalia to do something after I just asked her to do that other spell. And Asher did save me from falling down and seriously hurting myself, not to mention suffer a serious blow from that Centipede. Artus did in fact want to save his mana for later, but seeing as it was recovering fairly quicker than he originally thought, he figured it wouldn’t be a problem if he did a few spells here and there. Not to mention Asher did quite a bit in the last battle, and the last thing Artus wanted was Asher and Natalia seeing him as selfish, asking other people to do stuff. “Biff move aside.” Artus said as he grabbed Biff, and once again shoved him to the side. Biff groaned and shouted, but Artus ignored it. He put his hands on the wall. “It’s kind of damp…” Artus said. He looked around for water, but couldn’t really see anything. Not that it mattered though, seeing as if it was wet already, then it would make his Lightning based spells even more effective. Artus concentrated his mana to his hand, and released the ever-so simple, yet reliable ThunderBolt spell. He kept his hand off the wall, to make sure there his hand didn’t get blown off or something. Bright yellow electricity started to partially envelop the wall. Artus amped up the power a bit, and sparks started to fly, creating cackling and sizzling sounds.

“Wow! Look at him go! No wonder he’s the team leader, huh?” Biff shouted at Asher and Natalia, while swinging his torch around in excitement. Suddenly, a loud rumble was heard as a narrow passage was formed out of a small explosion let out from Artus’ magic. Smoke started to fill the room, along with steam and debris. Artus coughed a bit, and as the smoke cleared up, there was small, but passable hole that was blown into the rocky surface. There were black burn marks on the edges from the magic, and it smelt like burnt rocks. “Whoo! Yeah! That’s what I’m talking about!” Biff jumped up and down, as the cloth covering his crotch waved around as well.

“Biff, stop doing that…” Artus said calmly, trying to stop Biff from jumping any further or more vigorously. Biff looked confusingly, but realized what Artus meant afterwards.

“Right, sorry. Forgot. My bad.” Biff walked up to the passage and turned sideways to walk through, holding the torch in his hand. Artus waited for a minute before asking how it was in there. “Yeah guys, it’s all good! There’s another tunnel that goes down here!” He yelled from the other side. Artus looked at the group wile wiping off dust from his pants.

“Well then, let’s go.” Without hesitation, Artus walked through the passage. He looked back and gestured the group to come along as well. “I think it’s clear.” As he went through he saw Biff standing there, waiting for the group. It was significantly darker in this tunnel than the others. There were no torches mounted anywhere. The only light came from the torch held in Biff’s hand, and who knew how long it would last. This is where a Fire-spell would come in handy… Artus thought. His genetics made it hard for him to learn Fire based spells. His whole family, even both of his parents’ side had the affinity for Lightning. Occasionally you would get the odd child who was different, but even then, Lightning magic would most likely come naturally, although maybe not as dominant. “Say Biff, how much you think that torch has got left?”

Biff looked at Biff while walking. It was hard to see his face, because of the harsh light the flames produced in the darkness. “I’m not sure about that. It does seem to be dying out a bit doesn’t it? Besides, if we do run out, we can always use your Lightning magic, right?” Biff looked behind at Artus. Artus looked at his hand and nodded.

“Yeah…I guess so…” He said. Hell if I am! They’ll never make me just waste my energy like that… As they continued to walk, Artus realized he was meaning to ask Biff a somewhat important question. “Hey, Biff…” He paused for a moment. “How long have you been down here for?” He asked Biff. Suddenly, he stopped abruptly, causing Artus to bump into him. “Hey! What is it? Is it the beast?”” Artus said panicky, as he looked around trying to find a place to hide.

“….I’ve been down here for around a month…” Biff said, as he started to walk again. As they went around the corner, Artus could see light down in the tunnel. There were torches mounted up against the wall, however these ones produced a far dimmer light than the one they had. A month…how is that possible? What did he eat or drink…? Biff coughed and started to speak again. “You see, the river travels around the prison…and occasionally you’ll run into small coves here in the tunnels. The water is good to drink though….” Biff said, ending his sentence with a somewhat cliffhanger.

“I see. So you just drank water and that’s it? I mean I guess that’s why you’ve gotten so skinny.” Artus laughed a bit, to lighten the mood. He knew the joke wasn’t even that funny, but he needed to ease himself. They passed a narrow crossroads and came to a dead end. The torches that Artus thought were in the tunnel, turned out to be nothing more than some sort of glowing moss-like stuff on the sides of the cave. They gave off a faint glow, but the only dominant light came from the torch held by Biff. “Is this is the end of the tunnel? Just a dead end?” Artus said as he looked. Biff nodded sideways, as he pressed his hand up against the wall. In front of them, stood a large, circular entrance of some sort made of stone. It had weird markings on it, with carvings of weird looking creatures and what looked like people attacking them, and riding on them. “Is this….the exit?!” Artus exclaimed.

“I think so. I have seen one of them before, and this one looks more or less the same.” Biff said, speaking much more intelligently before. “But its no use, ‘cus we don’t got the password.” Biff said frowning.

C’mon…there has to be something…Artus wanted to get out so badly, he could barely hold in his emotions. He just wanted out of the cave, and was willing to do anything. He pushed the entrance, and waited for a few moments. Nothing happened. “Damn it…”

“Even if you did have the password, you think it would be that easy to get out? It’s probably booby trapped to explode or sumptin’ when opened through the cave.” Biff said.

Artus looked at Biff. “How can that be? YOU were the one that said the wardens themselves use it when they come down here. Does that mean they would die?” Artus said, trying to act smart.

“Bro, this is magic we’re talking about. Anything’s possible.” Biff leaned against the rocky surface with the torch still in his hand.

“Well, if we do have any ideas…then you’ll be the one who opens it, you got that?” Artus’ tone went dead serious. He was so close to freedom he was almost happy that they would be back on the first floor of the prison. “You guys have any ideas? Any suggestions at all?” He then looked at Asher. “You seem like the guy who would be good at this problem solving sh*t.” Artus was starting to get a bit panicky as the tone in his voice turned into more along the lines of nervousness.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
((OOC: Sorry if this post is sub-par, but it’s finals week for me and my mind just isn’t functioning at the same speed that it normally does.))

Galvez Prison
Asher Ikakois

“I guess you’re right, Asher. Now’s not the time to be arguing,” Artus said, agreeing with him. Natalia was staring at him as if he had done something that was unnecessary; although, the construct was unsure of whether what he had “said” had been the correct thing to say, as he could be considered paranoid. “Well, it doesn’t seem to look like anything is gonna jump out at us. From what I saw, it looks like a straightforward tunnel. But I guess we won’t get anything done by just standing here,” Artus continued. In the moments that Natalia had illuminated the tunnel for, Asher had not peered down the path; therefore, he had almost expected the footsteps that quickly approached the trio.

Artus drew his sword, “Guys…get ready,” he said, suspicious of the unknown. A disheveled, odd man emerged from the darkness of the tunnel and stared at Asher.

’Why is he staring at me? Is he a fellow prisoner?’

Natalia had drawn her swords by the time that the man had reached her, and he started to sniff her. The skin of the man was covered in multiple wounds, most infected and festering. ’So. This is the result of the lack of a healing spell. To insure Natalia’s and Artus’ survival, I shall place myself between them and their enemies. I can sustain myself if it is required.’ As the prisoner moved on to investigate Artus, Asher noted that Natalia took on a more relaxed pose and sheathed her swords. ’Ah, Natalia…please be careful.’

The man suddenly pointed at Artus and shouted. “You! Do you remember me?! We were together that night in the carriage!” He began to try and emphasize his point by poking Artus.

“Uhhh…what?” Artus was confused; nevertheless, he pushed the man away. “What carriage?” He had no knowledge of the man…perhaps he had mistaken him for another person? Black hair was very common.

“Remember? We were on the carriage to Galvez! You saved us!” the man explained, probably confusing the word “carriage” with one of its synonyms.

“Oh crap! You’re one of the survivors from Nalan?! How did you end up back here? I thought you guys ran away?” Artus realized that he did know the person, but he was still confused.

Natalia was still wary of the stranger and inched away from the others, but she was still too late. The odd man hugged the trio. Asher tensed up; nearly panicking—human touch was still uncomfortable for him and this unknown person had, without warning, wrapped his arms around him to squeeze him against Natalia. “I think the better question is…how did you end up here? It doesn’t matter, as long as we’re together,” the man said, a bit too comfortable with situation. He motioned for Artus to join, and Asher tried to inch away from the group. Natalia was eyeing her swords, evidently displeased that she had sheathed them. “C’mon, we can cuddle together!” The man had, in Asher’s mind, undergone a description change from “random man” to “random creeper” and the construct wished that he would let Natalia and him go. Perhaps sensing that Natalia’s patience was wearing thin, the man released them and said, “The name’s Biff by the way.” He wandered over to talk with Artus.

“Look, Biff, I don’t suppose you know the way out, do you?” Artus put stress on Biff’s name, and was surprised when the man nodded. “You do?!” Asher supposed that he could tolerate Biff if he refrained from touching him, and Natalia seemed to echo his decision. Artus, on the other hand, looked nearly elated.

“Of course. Everybody down here knows the way out. It’s getting out that’s the problem. You see…” Biff said, and Asher grew suspicious—“the way out” could easily be death. Biff sorted himself out and said, “They keep a monster in this cave. A ‘pet’ if you will. Occasionally, the wardens will come down to feed the beast, when prisoners like us are getting low. And that’s the exit.” Asher realized that “death” had been the correct answer, but he would not give up, as, even if he were to be eaten, he would survive that encounter as it would only be the container for the core that was destroyed. Biff shuffled around again and continued, “But…. They recently changed all the entrances and exits to this underground hell, so if you want to leave, you’re gonna have to look for the exits. And once you found it, you just got to open it with da magic.” His frequent pauses were alarming to Asher—low food combined with the dungeon’s atmosphere could quickly reduce one’s thoughts to shambles, as evidenced by Biff.

”Magic? Does it have writing in a password, or do we merely need magic to activate it?’

Artus, impatient, gestured at Biff to continue. “Only….the wardens have the thingy to open the doors. It’s sort of like a secret password. You gotta draw it out and just activate it. The doors are enchanted or sumptin’ like that, and by writing it out, it dispells the enchantment for a bit. At least that's the only way out that I know of. There could be more. Besides, only people capable of using magic can open it, like you guys.” He looked at Natalia and Asher, trying to determine if they could use magic. “Not to mention, nobody knows the password, and they change it every so often.”

’So it iswriting. But why does he call it alternatively “drawing” and “writing”? Is the password a character? Are we penalized if we input the incorrect character?’ Asher curiosity was roused, and he began to pay more attention while completely forgetting about the “pet”.

Walking over to Artus, Biff started to laugh a laugh that Asher had associated with students who had had far too little sleep and far too many tests. People often called it “crazy”, and perhaps it was, but it was merely a person trying to laugh off their stress. “But there’s no hope. We’re pretty much dead.” Asher was confused. If they knew the exit, then was it not a simple matter to locate a lone Warden, incapacitate it, and take the password?

’Ah, is it the monster that is preventing their departure from this maze?’

“You know…I’ve seen the monster here….twice,” Biff said, after calming down a bit. Unfortunately, what he did next transferred his stress to Asher, as Biff began to feel Asher’s hair. The construct disliked physical contact from people that he did not know well, and he had had no rest, so he had a small panic attack.

’Please stop touching me, please stop touching me,’ Asher repeated over and over again in his mind, trying to calm himself down. It did not work.

“And I survived both times. It has the stench of a thousand rotting corpses, and can kill with the swipe of a claw,” Biff said, and stopped harassing Asher. He went on to stare at Natalia. “It will snap you like a twig easily, girly.” Artus was the last of the trio to be talked at. “And it will eat every last bit of flesh on your body, and use your bones as toothpicks. Trust me when I say, we’re dead.”

’Huh? “Use your bones as toothpicks”? Does that mean that it has hands? He did mention claws before, so thinking of this as a bipedal creature might not be inaccurate,’ he thought, concentrating on what might be the wrong elements of the monster. ’If its odor is that unpleasant, or perhaps that is hyperbole, then it will be easy to evade so long as I can smell it before it nears. It must have bad grooming practices, to smell of those that it has killed.’

“Say whatever prayers you want now, and beg for forgiveness. And hope that all your sins will be washed away,” Biff said as he kneeled. Asher was not religious in the least, so he ignored that. “Welcome to Hell folks. After we die, we’ll get sent back here again, and this time, there will be no escape.”

’So this monster…will not expedite our departure, but, rather, prolong it?’

“Biff, just shut up. Please.” Artus was as vexed as everyone else; however, he seemed to be occupied with thoughts of his own. “I don’t know….should we go and look for the exit?” he finally said, after many moments. It struck Asher as a particularly un-Artus-like question, seeing as he had blindly led the group into several traps before.

“I’m not sure. Do you want to stay here until the end of your days or do you want to see the light of day again?” Natalia asked, irate. Artus replied with a frown and considered things for a bit until Natalia went on. “I know what I’d rather do, but if you prefer the first option, I’d recommend you use your sword to take your own life before you turn to the kind of lunatic your friend here is.” Asher knew that Artus was not the person to consider suicide as a viable option, but he did agree with Natalia that sanity slippage was rather unhealthy; although, if they were to remain in the prison, then Asher might consider terminating his own existence—after all, he was merely a collection of memories held together and learned from by a processor. “But before you do that, do you think you could help me and Asher find the way out? I promise I’ll let you stay here, if you’ll still feel you’ll have doubts when we find the exit.” Turning to Asher, and giving him a look, Natalia said, “What do you think? Do you want to get out of here or do have you also given up already?”

Asher shook his head, but did not write anything on his piece of metal. 'If I interfere now, then will the arguing continue?’

“If anybody wants to come with me, you’re more than welcome. We’ll discuss the details on the way, I don’t want to lose time just standing there. It’s unlikely our condition will improve down here, so we need to get going,” she said, and hurried off into the darkness. Asher took a few hesitant steps after her, and then stopped when he saw Artus considering something. He would prefer that the group remain whole, as the mortality rate would only go up as they separated.

“Alright let’s go. Obviously our fearless captain here knows the way out.” Artus was trying his hand at sarcasm, but he sounded a bit too tired to be effective. As Artus shook down Biff and they departed, Asher took the rearguard of the group. He knew that he could survive an attack from the beast if it could not destroy his core or his mana pool in one shot, and he was the only one of the party with that ability. His senses were also sharper than a human’s, so he could detect something approaching.

Asher could not hear what Biff and Artus were arguing about, but he did catch that Artus was called something had the construct had been called a few times. He had disliked those times and those people, but he had learned that being non-responsive was a very effective tactic against that.

The end of the tunnel was another larger sub-section of the cave, and there were three skeletons propped up against the wall. Asher disliked that, but he made no comment. A slight draft could be felt. Artus and Biff argued some more, and one of the two (Asher was confused at this point) pointed out a drawing of a bird. When Asher went closer to look at the bird, he could not tell whether the wings were open or folded as the drawing had been degraded. The caves reverberated, and Asher thought that that may have been the monster, but he ignored it in favor of inspecting the picture

’A bird? What meaning could that have? Snowbird, jailbird, canary in a cage, fly away, canary in a coal mine? I am sure that there are more meanings of that bird, but what?’ Asher was intrigued; things that were ambiguous interested him, for things that were obvious held no meaning for him.

Natalia tried to locate the source of the draft why listening for the wind. Asher wondered why Natalia was doing that until Biff commented that he had found a place like that before. He was too shy to speak up and volunteer to destroy the wall unless he was the only one able to do so. Artus placed his hand near the weakness of the wall and fired a lightning-based spell at it. ’Ah, I could have broken the wall down. I did want to help, but….’

As they continued past the hole in the wall, Asher began seriously considering whether accompanying the group was the brightest thing to do. Certainly, though, he felt as if he had no purpose and was merely attempting to be helpful, but was this the best way to go about it? Perhaps it would have been better to dedicate himself to saving as many people as he could by fending off Diaz’s troops, which would have been a viable option if he had known how to fight.

The new tunnel was not lit and thus considerably darker than the previous section of the cave, but Asher could, if need be, feel his way through the cave. ’Does Artus specialize in Lightning magic? That spell was powerful. If I were to use it, then it would have made nary a dent in the wall. I suppose that my lack of long-range spells is because of my alignment of Earth. There are not many Earth-based long-range spells and I had no need to learn any until now.’

“….I’ve been down here for around a month…” Biff said after stopping suddenly, which caused Artus to nearly walk into him. Asher immediately thought of the small snacks that he had in his bag—not nearly enough for an extended period of time, but the construct could live by using Restoration if need be. “You see, the river travels around the prison…and occasionally you’ll run into small coves here in the tunnels. The water is good to drink though….” Asher wondered if there would the small blind fish, which he had read about, in the pools of water that had been trapped over the years. If there were, then they could prolong their lives without having to bust out immediately.

Artus chuckled a bit and, rather insensitively, said, “I see. So you just drank water and that’s it? I mean I guess that’s why you’ve gotten so skinny.” The crossroad in the path interested Asher, but he ignored that in favor of looking and touching the moss on the side of the cave. The gave off a dim light, enough so that Asher could make his way through, but the torch illuminated the majority of what Asher could see. “Is this is the end of the tunnel? Just a dead end?” Artus asked, before Asher could get too caught up in the moss and fall behind. “Is this….the exit?!”

Biff nodded and said, “I think so. I have seen one of them before, and this one looks more or less the same. But it’s no use, ‘cus we don’t got the password.”

’Do the “doors” share the same password if they are alike, or do they have individual ones? It seems as if it would be confusing for the wardens if they had different passwords, or maybe there are markers? Something about the carvings on the door…maybe those are unique to each door? I need to see another door to confirm this. Wandering around would be unwise, though, but that is the onl—no. That is not our sole option. I could absorb or transform the door and take whatever attack it throws at us, unless it summons the beast,’ Asher thought, considering what tools they had to escape. They had Artus and Natalia’s sheer magical power, Asher’s knowledge, and Biff’s…torch?

“Damn it…,” Artus swore, the pressure bearing down him.

“Even if you did have the password, you think it would be that easy to get out? It’s probably booby trapped to explode or sumptin’ when opened through the cave,” Biff said, skeptical of their escaping abilities.

’If they are merely bait for unwary prisons, then what if the wardens are required to use the door? Do they have an item that prevents the door from springing a trap upon? Or has no one happened upon the correct password yet?’ Asher was trying examine all of their options, but the question of how the wardens avoided the backlash of the door was not voiced by him.

“How can that be? YOU were the one that said the wardens themselves use it when they come down here. Does that mean they would die?” Artus asked while looking at Biff. Asher did not like his tone of voice, but he knew that the members of the party were vexed and prone to snapping at people.

“Bro, this is magic we’re talking about. Anything’s possible,” Biff said. It sounded to Asher as if he had given up and was trying to excuse himself from the conversation. Biff slumped against the side of the cavern, torch still in-hand.

“Well, if we do have any ideas…then you’ll be the one who opens it, you got that?” Artus said, in a deadpan voice that seemed very unlike him. Asher would have volunteered to be the one to attempt to open the door because he could survive more than a human, but then there was the potential for them to discover that he was a construct. “You guys have any ideas? Any suggestions at all?” They were so close to freedom an yet this infernal door was standing in their way. Artus turned t Asher and said, “You seem like the guy who would be good at this problem solving sh*t.” His voice was strained and he was irate at the freedom being palpable, but unreachable.

Asher stepped forward to examine the door and traced the outlines of the carved figures while avoiding letting his magic touch the stone. ’Eh? What are these creatures? Why are some of them being attacked by humans and some ridden by humans? Are they just decorations? No…they give off an aura of magic. Do I have to arrange them in a certain way? The architect of this place must like stone arches and ornate carvings an awful lot….’ He moved his fingers along the carvings, trying to determine if any of them had been moved or touched in the past. After a while he happened upon one that resembled a bird, and he made a note not to infuse magic near that one, because Biff had mentioned that they changed the password regularly and the rough picture of the bird looked rather old. Asher sighed; they had no clues, and Artus expected a miracle. ’Oh. What if I made a weapon out of the door?’ He attempted to use Weapon Formation on the door, but to no avail as the stone would not transform. ’Why? If I use Restoration, then will they realize that I’m not human? But…if we do not escape, then the situation will be worse….Restoration.’ He tried to spread his body against the door in order to seem as if he were melting the door if it were to be absorbed, but the door refused to be absorbed.

Asher turned around to face Artus. ’If I tell him that all I know is that the door cannot be modified, and that the bird is not the password, then how will he react?’ Asher, having placed the piece of metal in the bag earlier, took it out once again and considered his words. He could tell Artus what he had discovered, but then it would be apparent that he was made out of stone and dirt—he had to phrase his explanation in a way that neither Artus nor Natalia could determine that he was not human. He had grown nervous and he began to look at his feet, for he was a naturally unpretentious person, and taking charge of any number of people was nerve-wracking for him.

He held the sign up in front of him, and it said, “The carvings on the door are either difficult to alter, or unable to be altered; any carvings of birds are to be avoided (the password has changed).” He thought for a few moments more, and under the original statement, the metal said, “The password might be a character or a drawing; I doubt that it is a word.” He had decided that it was not a string of letters, but was either a pictogram or character because of the multiple carvings on the door, which left no space for words, unless they encircled the pictures.

((OOC: I have discovered that BB-code loathes me. I have got to post shorter posts.))

Last edited:

thesilverwolf

Fabian decided to follow behind Keres after an exit was made. He didn’t say much as he trailed behind him. He was thinking of how he was going to get out of such a frustrating situation. He heard screaming from up ahead. It was the voice of a woman. Keres reaction didn’t help much as he rushed towards the woman. She was obviously being held here by the wardens. She was chained to the wall. Her clothes were tattered and dirty. She was distraught and begging for help. Fabian figured that they could help her, and then she could offer them help in leaving the dungeon that they were in.

Keres was aggressive in his approach. His unnecessary aggression was scaring her even more. She was becoming quite hysterical by this point. Fabian looked was just about to intervene until Keres slashed her throat in one quick movement. Her screams for help were silenced, but a sickly gurgling noise could be heard for a short moment.

Fabian did not know how to react. He was frozen in place by shock and frustration. Her screams were sure to draw attention to them, but he was certain that he could have calmed her down. Just like that, Keres had slit the throat of their opportunity to escape and gain a sense of direction. Fabian was definitely more uneasy being around Keres than he initially was. Fabian had grown to realize that killing someone was becoming quite commonplace as a means of survival, but he had never met someone that could do so without showing a sign of remorse or contemplation. It was his instinct. Fabian figured that since Keres so easily killed this woman, he would have no problem killing him. They didn’t know much about each other at this point, other than the fact that they both could wield magic. Fabian decided that his goal of making Keres his best friend to avoid dying at his hands would be of utmost importance.

Fabian breathed in deeply before exhaling. He swallowed before walking over to Keres, “That wasn’t a wise move. Next person we meet, please avoid killing them. Better yet, why don’t you convert her into one of those creepy dead things you manage to make so well?”

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Underground Chamber
Artus, Asher, Natalia & Biff

((OOC: Sorry, Long post.))

Artus watched as Asher pressed himself up against the stone gate. Biff stood in unusual silence behind them, still resting against the wall. He stood there for a few moments as if he were wondering what to do. What is he up to…? Artus wasn’t aware of all of Asher’s abilities, so he was hoping that he maybe had a trick or two up his sleeve. Soon after, Asher got off the wall and turned to look at Artus. He took out his metal plate that he used to talk.

“The carvings on the door are either difficult to alter, or unable to be altered; any carvings of birds are to be avoided (the password has changed).” Artus looked at the writing Asher put in his metal plate, and sighed. He knew it would be too good to be true. There was no way that the password would be written on it for everyone to find. Artus looked again at the writing, and under it, Asher wrote : “The password might be a character or a drawing; I doubt that it is a word.” Artus sighed again, but then smiled at Asher and nodded.

“Thanks Asher. At least now we kind of know what to look for…” He walked up to the gate and pressed his hands on it, observing the carvings. If only they had some clue, or something to go on. “Biff, you have any ideas as to what the password might be? A possible character or something like Asher said?” He spoke in a more serious tone and was starting to get a bit nervous. Biff stood in complete silence, and hesitated for a few seconds before speaking.

“…Uhhh…no, actually I don’t.” Biff spoke somewhat quietly and more serious as well. Usually he would ramble on about something, but for some reason he kept to himself. Artus cussed and he lightly hit the wall with his fist. If it’s not the bird…then what is it? Artus felt as if his brain was going to explode. He was putting in so much effort to try and figure this problem out. “Hey, can I ask you guys something?” Biff asked. Artus turned around gave him an annoyed look. “What do we do once we get out, assuming if we get out?” He asked again.

“We go after the Commander obviously. What does this have to with anything? We’re not even out yet and you’re already talking about what to do once you’re free?” Artus snapped at Biff. At this point he had enough. He was irritated at Biff, who constantly kept asking questions and literally leading them nowhere. “Biff, just shut up.” He spoke in a neutral tone. “You can do whatever you want once you get out. Happy?”

Biff looked at Artus as if he were about to cry. “So…you’re gonna go after Ghan and then what? Everything’s all good? I know what you’re trying to do now, it’s obvious. You just want to teach him a lesson ‘cus you think it’ll make yourself feel good that you killed the guy who was in charge of destroying our village. Well, you’re wrong! Ghan wasn’t in charge, it’s ultimately Diaz’s choice!” Biff was tearing up a bit for some reason. Artus wasn’t sure what Biff was trying to do, but he wasn’t his usual weird self. As if he had another side to him. “Besides, he has three more Commanders…killing this one won’t do anything.”

Artus was caught off guard by Biff’s little speech. While he did speak some truth, he also knew that Ghan was in fact, not the only Commander. “Then we get all of them. And then we go after Diaz.” Artus spoke calmly, yet inside he felt beating Biff. He wanted out of this cave, and Biff was prolonging it, blocking his thoughts. “Biff, shut up now, so I can think.” Artus closed his eyes momentarily to think. He focused on something he would have seen either prior or during his brief entrance to the prison. C’mon…think….He knew the bird drawing they saw earlier probably had some significance, seeing as it was also carved into the gate, however Asher said that particular drawing should be avoided, as the password has supposedly changed. And they didn't want to spring any traps. “Biff, that drawing of the bird you saw…was its wings opened, or folded?”

Biff looked at Artus to think for a moment. “Hmmm…not sure, the drawing was old and parts of it were degraded. All I know is that bird drawing is not the only one I have seen since my stay here. I have seen many bird doodles, some different, and some same.” It wasn’t much help, but at least he knew it held some sort of significance. “…But I think I have a guess as to what the password may be.” Artus suddenly shot up in an upright position.

“Well, what’re you waiting for? Go and draw it!” He grabbed Biff and violently threw him at the gate. “Anything is better than nothing. Besides, if it is ‘booby-trapped’ like you said it is, then at least we’ll have nothing to worry about.” As Biff picked up a rock getting ready to carve something into the gate, as he hesitated after hearing Artus’ last comment.

“…what do you mean ‘nothing’ to worry about? What if it's wrong?” Biff asked, in a soft tone which almost made him sound helpless.

“I mean, it’s better YOU than us. You get it Biff? It’s gonna be either you or us. Like you said before, we’re dead anyways, so why do you care?” Artus wasn’t normally like this, but he was getting antsy and wanted Biff to hurry up and draw whatever he was about to. Biff’s eyes became teary again as he started to draw something into little spaces using the sharp edge of the rock. After a little while, he stepped back. Artus shoved Biff to the side. He walked up to the gate to observe what he drew. In the space between the other carvings, he had drawn what seemed to the outline of an owl. “This is it? This is the password? It’s just an owl or something.” It was different than the other bird drawing on gate, which was much more detailed and ornate. Not to mention it was a different bird. “You wanna tell me how you came up with this?” He asked him.

“…It’s…hard to explain. I saw a bunch of these drawings down here a couple of days ago. I’ve noticed that it changes every so often, so I’m pretty sure the drawings correspond with Ghan’s-“ Biff looked at Artus who was still busy looking at the drawing he made, making no effort to listen to what Biff had to say. “Hey! I’m trying to tell you how I got it! It could help you later on you know? I think you should listen to what I have to say!” Biff frantically yelled at Artus who was still not listening. He backed off, and looked at Natalia and Asher. “Hey, you guys aren’t going to leave me right? I mean, I’m pretty important to the team, right?” He started to get on his knees in front of them, grabbing both of their hands and pleading.

“Biff, knock it off! We can talk about this after we get out.” Artus snapped at him once again, as he quickly got back on his feet. “Assuming you were able to carve this into the stone, and nothing happened, that means there was no trap like you said, right? Unless you got it correct, and the trap was dispelled.” He looked at him with one eyebrow raised. Biff looked around again cautiously, and hesitated before speaking.

“….I guess so…” Biff said. Artus pressed his hand against the gate. He focused his mana to his hand, the door suddenly lit up. The carvings were glowing a bright blue, illuminating the darkness of the cave. The carvings of the creatures illuminated, and everything was clearly seen. Biff’s drawing was lighting up as well, but suddenly vanished as a loud rumble came from the door and echoed through the cave. “I think I spoke too soon.” Biff turned around to look at the corridor behind him. Suddenly, a low growl followed by a blast of air rushed through the tunnel, bringing in dust and other debris. The wind blew out the torch in Biff’s hand, creating a darkness as the lights on the gate dimmed out. Artus covered his nose as a rotten stench lingered in the air.

“What the hell…” Artus felt a chill down his spine. There was no denying, this was the beast Biff was talking about, and they were at a dead end. Suddenly, right after the gate lights dimmed, a circular hole opened up at the bottom, big enough for a person to walk through, similar to a door. “C’mon let’s go!” Artus yelled as he ran for the opening, until he felt someone grab him by belt. “Hey! Let go!” He tried to grab the hand, and realized it was Biff. “Biff, you a*shole! What are you doing?!” Artus grabbed the arm, and gripped it tightly and twisted it, hearing a crack.

“Owww! No, please! Take me with you!” Artus heard a thud behind him, and realized he had just hurt Biff and he had fell to the ground. Crap… Artus quickly yelled at Asher and Natalia to get inside the opening, as he grabbed Biff by the arm and pulled him towards the gate. As Artus got to the opening, he ducked his head and walked through, making sure not to hit his head. Suddenly, while pulling Biff through, something had grabbed him from his lower body. “It’s got me! Don’t let go!” Biff started to yell. Artus saw blood squirt out of his mouth, and a low growl came from the other side of the opening, following a strong tug that ripped Biff out of Artus’ hands. Biff yelled, but was cut off in silence, which was soon interrupted by disgusting crunching noises from the other side of the gate. Artus stepped back, as the opening started to close again, drowning out the noise, and then lit up before finally closing.

Artus stood silently, looking down, still trying to process what had just happened. He didn’t mean to hurt Biff. Artus stared at the gate some more before turning around to the others. What they had just encountered was death itself. Artus took a good look at their surroundings. They had seemed to be in some sort of storage room. It was kind of big, and had various things such as brooms, cabinets and shelves filled with boxes and crates. On the ceiling was a small orb, lighting up the room. He looked at the group, not mentioning Biff’s death. Artus felt guilty for treating Biff like an object, realizing he had helped them more than he thought. “We should be more careful from now on. No more arguing.” He said, giving Natalia a rather serious look to show he meant business. It was arguing that originally put Artus in the mood that he showed in the cave, along with Biff’s bickering, and he wasn’t proud of the way he acted. However, he knew that Asher was the calmer one in the group, and kind of wished that he had his ability to not overreact. Artus walked up to the storage door, trying to vigorously shake it, but it was locked, almost as if it were to prevent anything from entering from the inside. He looked back at Asher and Natalia, hoping they would try and open the door somehow.

((OOC: Asher or Natalia, feel free to bust open the door if you want, or you can just leave it and Artus will open it, it doesn't matter.))

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Natalia Denar
Galvez Prison Underground Chamber

(OOC: It takes a long post to sum up three long posts. Who would've thought.))

“Hmmm….yeah.” Biff started to talk, still staring at the drawing. “These caves have stuff like that all the time. Their pretty hard to take down unless you got the right tools, or magic.” He then looked at the three with a weird looking smile that unnerved Natalia. “They usually lead to more passages and whatnot, and they make great hiding spots from the beast. Me and my friends found one once. Can’t really remember what was in it though.“ He then stopped and walked towards the wall Natalia was inspecting. “Move aside, toots.” He said as he shoved Natalia to the side to closer inspect the wall.

“Touch me again and I’ll cut off your arms.” Natalia whispered threateningly, so only Biff could hear her. The look in his eyes told Natalia she was heard, but she wasn’t sure how serious he had taken the threat.

Biff didn’t comment on the threat and pretended everything was normal. “Hmmm…this wall does seem to be breakable….” For some reason he punched it a couple of times with his free hand. “Do you guys know any magic that could break this wall down? It doesn’t seem very strong.” Biff expectantly looked at the three.

“Biff move aside.” Artus ordered as he stepped forward towards the wall. Biff didn’t obey quickly enough so Artus pushed him away. Biff’s groans and shouts that followed made Natalia smile a bit. Artus checked the wall. “It’s kind of damp...” He released electricity from his hand, making the wall glow. As he increased the power, the sparks started to jump all around the wall giving off the signature electric sound.

“Wow! Look at him go! No wonder he’s the team leader, huh?” Biff shouted, while swinging his torch around in excitement. Natalia rolled her eyes. Enough with the fangirling already. He isn’t even a real leader. Suddenly, a loud explosion was heard as a narrow passage was opened in the wall. Smoke started to fill the room, along with steam and debris. Natalia covered her face by pulling her tunic over it, but she was a bit too late, smoke filled her lungs and caused a coughing attack.

“Whoo! Yeah! That’s what I’m talking about!” Biff jumped up and down, as the cloth covering his crotch waved around as well. Natalia turned away, but the horrifying image had already been burnt into her mind.

“Biff, stop doing that…” Artus said calmly and Biff did as told. Biff’s curiosity then sent him through the newly created hole and they followed him after Artus had checked with Biff about the state of the other side.

The unsealed tunnel was much darker than the others and the only source of light was the torch in Biff’s unreliable hands. Natalia wasn’t sure about blindly following Biff once again, but at least that way she could always keep an eye out for possible crazy actions. Artus got into a conversation with him, which should keep him occupied, but Biff is extremely unpredictable. And all that shouting… Natalia walked at the rear of the group, listening for anything that might be following them and didn’t pay much attention to the others. Because of that she nearly walked into Asher when thy stopped in front of something which could be one of the exits.

“Is this....the exit?!” Artus asked what everyone was thinking.

Biff nodded and said, “I think so. I have seen one of them before, and this one looks more or less the same. But it’s no use, ‘cus we don’t got the password.” Artus tried to push it open, but didn’t accomplish anything. “Even if you did have the password, you think it would be that easy to get out? It’s probably booby trapped to explode or sumptin’ when opened through the cave.” Biff continued.

“How can that be? YOU were the one that said the wardens themselves use it when they come down here. Does that mean they would die?” Artus asked, making fun of their “guide”.

“Bro, this is magic we’re talking about. Anything’s possible.” Biff leaned against the rocky surface with the torch not far from setting fire to his hair.

“Well, if we do have any ideas…then you’ll be the one who opens it, you got that?” Artus’ tone went dead serious. Natalia liked the idea of Biff being blown to pieces or impaled or meeting a similarly violent end, but didn’t expect Artus to behave like that. “You guys have any ideas? Any suggestions at all?” He then looked at Asher. “You seem like the guy who would be good at this problem solving sh*t.” Artus sounded impatient, which wasn’t much like him either. Natalia was a bit offended when he specifically asked for Asher’s input, even though it was her idea that got them through the last “dead end”.

Asher closely examined the door and the surrounding carvings and even leaned against it for some reason. Everyone was anxiously waiting for his observations. “The carvings on the door are either difficult to alter, or unable to be altered; any carvings of birds are to be avoided (the password has changed).” said his metal plate for a few moments before he added something else. “The carvings on the door are either difficult to alter, or unable to be altered; any carvings of birds are to be avoided (the password has changed).”

So it’s not about rearranging the carvings, perhaps we have to somehow activate them in a specific order.

“Thanks Asher. At least now we kind of know what to look for…” Artus walked up to the gate and observed the carvings. “Biff, you have any ideas as to what the password might be? A possible character or something like Asher said?” He said in a more serious tone.

“…Uhhh…no, actually I don’t.” Biff answered after a few moments of hesitation. He spoke somewhat quietly and more serious as well. What a surprise. “Hey, can I ask you guys something?” Biff asked causing Natalia to sigh. “What do we do once we get out, assuming if we get out?”

“We go after the Commander obviously. What does this have to with anything? We’re not even out yet and you’re already talking about what to do once you’re free?” Artus snapped at Biff, which was really unlike him. “Biff, just shut up.” He continued in his normal tone. “You can do whatever you want once you get out. Happy?”

Biff looked at Artus as if he were about to cry. “So…you’re gonna go after Ghan and then what? Everything’s all good? I know what you’re trying to do now, it’s obvious. You just want to teach him a lesson ‘cus you think it’ll make yourself feel good that you killed the guy who was in charge of destroying our village. Well, you’re wrong! Ghan wasn’t in charge, it’s ultimately Diaz’s choice!” Biff was tearing up a bit for some reason. Natalia had no idea what he was talking about, but this didn’t sound like one of his usual rambles. “Besides, he has three more Commanders…killing this one won’t do anything.”

Artus seemed annoyed by Biff’s speech so his reply focused on getting Biff to stop. “Then we get all of them. And then we go after Diaz. Biff, shut up now, so I can think.” He stared at the carvings for a while. “Biff, that drawing of the bird you saw…was its wings opened, or folded?”

“Hmmm…not sure, the drawing was old and parts of it were degraded. All I know is that bird drawing is not the only one I have seen since my stay here. I have seen many bird doodles, some different, and some same.” Once again, Biff was of no help. “…But I think I have a guess as to what the password may be.” Natalia was too surprised to express her doubts.

“Well, what’re you waiting for? Go and draw it!” Artus grabbed Biff and violently threw him at the gate. “Anything is better than nothing. Besides, if it is ‘booby-trapped’ like you said it is, then at least we’ll have nothing to worry about.” Biff picked up a rock to carve something into the gate, but hesitated after hearing Artus’ last comment. Natalia felt pretty much the same way as Artus, but she didn’t expect him to be so open about it.

“…what do you mean ‘nothing’ to worry about? What if it's wrong?” Biff asked in a tone so soft it almost made Natalia feel pity for him.

“I mean, it’s better YOU than us. You get it Biff? It’s gonna be either you or us. Like you said before, we’re dead anyways, so why do you care?” Artus sounded aggressive. Biff’s eyes became teary again as he started to draw something into little spaces using the sharp edge of the rock. After a little while, he stepped back. Artus shoved Biff to the side. He walked up to the gate to observe what he drew. In the space between the other carvings, he had drawn what seemed to the outline of an owl. “This is it? This is the password? It’s just an owl or something. You wanna tell me how you came up with this?” He asked him, but then showed no interest in Biff’s explanation.

When Biff realised that he snapped. “Hey! I’m trying to tell you how I got it! It could help you later on you know? I think you should listen to what I have to say!” Biff frantically yelled at Artus who was still not listening. He backed off, and looked at Natalia and Asher. “Hey, you guys aren’t going to leave me right? I mean, I’m pretty important to the team, right?” He started to get on his knees in front of them, grabbing both of their hands and pleading. Natalia freed her hand and pierced him with her eyes. She put a right hand on her sword, reminding him of her threat.

“Biff, knock it off! We can talk about this after we get out.” Artus snapped at him once again, as he quickly got back on his feet. “Assuming you were able to carve this into the stone, and nothing happened, that means there was no trap like you said, right? Unless you got it correct, and the trap was dispelled.” Biff looked around again cautiously, and hesitated before speaking.

“….I guess so…” Biff said. Artus pressed his hand against the gate and the door suddenly lit up. The carvings got a bright blue glow, illuminating the cave. The carvings of the creatures were glowing, and everything was clearly seen. Biff’s drawing was lighting up as well, but suddenly vanished as a loud rumble came from the door and echoed through the cave. “I think I spoke too soon.” Biff turned around to look at the corridor behind him. Suddenly, a low growl followed by a blast of air rushed through the tunnel, bringing in dust and other debris. The wind blew out the torch in Biff’s hand, leaving them in darkness as the lights on the gate dimmed out. As a rotten stench was carried through the air Natalia began to panic.

This has the beast Biff was talking about and we’re virtually blind. How can we defend ourselves in situation like this. Luckily, a circular hole opened up under the now dark carvings, big enough for a person to walk through, similar to a door. “C’mon let’s go!” Artus yelled as he ran for the opening. “Hey! Let go!” He suddenly shouted. “Biff, you a*shole! What are you doing?!” Natalia had no idea what was going on in the darkness and had no intention of finding out.

“Owww! No, please! Take me with you!” Biff’s shouts could be heard over the growling. Natalia pressed her back against the wall in an attempt not to catch the beast’s attention and slowly moved along it towards the opening. “It’s got me! Don’t let go!” Biff started to yell, but the words were soon replaced with screams of terror and pain, before being silenced. Natalia made it through the opening without any close encounters with Biff’s killer. She was relieved when the passage closed again behind them, separating them from the predator.

Natalia didn’t really know how to feel. She was glad they made it out alive and well, and very quickly on top of that, but a few things bothered her. What happened to the others, for example. Would they be alright on their own? There was also the matter of Biff’s death. She didn’t exactly mourn him, but while he had been obnoxious and Natalia had been tempted to hurt him on a couple of occasions, seeing him die like that was unpleasant.

She took a good look at their surroundings. They had seemed to be in some sort of storage room. It was full various junk such as brooms, cabinets and shelves filled with boxes and crates. On the ceiling was a small orb, lighting up the room. Compared to the darkness of the tunnel the room was bright as daylight. Artus turned to Natalia and Asher. “We should be more careful from now on. No more arguing.” He said, giving Natalia an accusatory look as if he was trying to imply she was responsible for all the arguing in the group. What an attitude. Without me, he would still be in that room, staring in the drawing of the bird.

“Sure, from now on we’ll be best friends forever!” Natalia said with the voice of a little girl. “Now, can we continue with our escape?” she continued impatiently. Artus walked up to the storage door, trying to vigorously shake it, but accomplished nothing as it was locked. He looked hopefully at Asher and Natalia.

Natalia joined him at the door. “Step aside.” She examined the door and its lock. Neither of them seemed particularly strong, but unlike in the dungeon destroying the door would surely catch the attention of guards. She did however have some experience with picking locks; back at home a locked door would often find itself between her and something she desired, but wasn’t allowed, so she had no option but to learn the basics of lockpicking. Natalia searched the crates and boxes for a few thin pieces of metal she could use as improvised lockpicks.

After finding about a dozen of them, she knelt on one knee in front of the door and started inserting the metal pieces into the lock in various combinations and positions and trying to turn the lock. After a few minutes she managed to find the right ones and the lock opened with a metallic click. Natalia was very pleased with herself for unlocking the door. She slowly opened the door just enough to look out. After seeing nobody on the right, she stuck out her head through the opening to check the rest of the corridor on the other side of the door. Satisfied with what she had seen, she pulled her head back in and got up. “The coast is clear, we can get out of here.” She paused a bit. “But, perhaps it would be best if we come up with a plan before we start blindly wandering around.” That last part was for you, Artus. Happy?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Keres Adrastea
Galvez Prison
The Tombs

“That wasn’t a wise move. Next person we meet, please avoid killing them. Better yet, why don’t you convert her into one of those creepy dead things you manage to make so well?” Fabian suddenly said after Keres had finished off the annoying screaming woman. He turned around to face fabian with a glimpse of annoyance in his red eyes. "Oh.. so it can talk after all." he said sarcasticly, annoyed that Fabian had kept quiet all this time. He was hoping to forme some sort of bond of trust with him, and he could already tell that it wouldn't work out. Natalia wuold laugh at me so hard if she saw this.. he thought. If she's still alive. He released a low laugh, even though he hoped she was still alive. Nobody got to end her existence but him.

"So!" Keres said to Fabian, atfer noticing he had spaced out just a bit longer than he supposed to. "Let's move on, shall we?". Keres then thought about what Fabian had said about the woman. she was of no importance alive, but perhaps she could help them now? "I know" He said with an evil grin, levitating his orb in front of him. It pulsed with a dark energy, which told Keres it was time to make some magic. He closed his eyes and started chanting the casual Omega Therion-spell, and he could hear low grunting emiting from the woman, as blood flowed through the scar on her throat, just like with the first one. She then managed to stand up, still being held in chains. "Come" Keres said, partly to her and Fabian. The revenant pulled its arms hard, and the chains broke.

They walked in silence, the only sounds being the revenants groans. they left a trail of blood from her scar at first, but atfer a while, she bled out. That was probably for the best, as God knows what might have been following the trail they left, and the last thing they need now, is something to attack them, even though Keres was certain they could defend themselves pretty good. After a while, they started to hear melodies, which turned into a song when they came closer. the sound was far away, but it wasn't much else to listen to down there, so it could just as well be right in front of them.

“Boney was a warrior,
Away ay-yah!
A warrior and a tarrier,
John Fran swor!”

What the... is that some kind of pirate shanting? Keres thought as they moved in closer. Atfer a few more verses, the song faded out, and they could hear loud talking instead. Between three people, it seemed. "Go." Keres said, and the revenant left them behind, walking towards the sound. If there was anything dangerous, the revenant would alert them of it, and they could brace themselves for battle if necessary.

“Captain Ethan Daggett!” somebody said, and Keres immediatly recognized the name. It appears Ethan is just up ahead, talking to someone, probably an inmate. Not very suprising. It appears everyone knows at least one person in here. Keres thought, and went back into thinking of the familiar magical feeling the prison emitted. It sounded like Ethan was talking to someone, and that someone started rising his voice, making keres able to recognize the voice. It seemed to be Colenar. Keres came to a small clearing in the maze, and could see in the dark distance, Ethan, Colenar and some beat-up looking guy, probably the one singing earlier. He vanquished his orb and kept in the shadows, observing the conversation. it seemed to be heating up, as Ethan knew this guy, though tried to deny it in front of Colenar. What? Is it his boyfriend or something? Keres giggled by the image of Colenar being jealous.

But no. It appeared to be a bit more complicated than that, which seems suprising, as not much is more complicated than love, as Keres had heard from somewhere. The inmate talked about Ethan as if he was a god, and appaerntly he was, a god from the seven seas. So, he's a pirate after all, huh? " Who knew your full name? Don't lie to me, Ethan. Haven't you done that enough? Pirate?" Colenar said with a rising tone of agression. "So, when were you planning to tell us about this, Captain? Or were you just going to wait, and hope the subject never came up. I thought we were at least important enough for you to be honest with. And don't say you never actually lied. You witheld the truth, and in my mind, there's little difference. Explain yourself." Colenar was really angry now, and Keres couldn't help but releasing a smile. Who knew that little pest had the ability of anger?

“Is it really that important?” Ethan replied. “It’s not exactly something many people would consider a ‘noble’ profession. For all I knew when you found out I would have been left on my own. What about the others like Asher and Natalia. You think they would take it well?”. Keres laughed again. If Nat. and the others hadn't figured it out yet, they were really dumber than I anticipated. Keres thought, knowing he probably had overestimated Nat. “Look. What does it matter what I do for a living? I can fight, I can walk.” Ethan explained “Alright, fine. I’m sorry.” He said “I should have told you.”. Now they really did sound like a couple. Ew..

Keres stayed behnid in the shadows, lurking around a bit more before he decided to let them know of his and Fabians prescence. He sent the revenant walking out first, catching Ethan and Colenars attention. they seemed very suprised. He then proceeded to emerge himself. "Well, aren't you guys cute together" he laughed mysteriously as he walked towards them

Last edited:

SteelKing 2012

An Iron Fist
Coelnar Ellidyn
Galvez Prison

Coelnar studied Ethan's face as he attempted to explain himself. Ethan's reasoning seemed sound, at least when it came to Natalia and Asher and the like. What didn't impress him, though, was that he didn't take long to change the subject. Though Coelnar could sympathize with him to a certain extent, he just wished he'd been straight from the start. Still, he supposed it didn't matter, though his trust in Ethan had certainly been broken, at least slightly, he still knew that he could trust him in a way. Ethan would try to help the others when he had to. The breach of trust, really, was on a more persoal level. The fact that he'd been lied to, certainly meant it would take a while to trust him, and properly forgive him. He shook his head. The old man had certainly overheard the conversation, but didn't comment.

Coelnar looked at Ethan. "I suppose I can forgive you. Forgive you, mind, not trust you. But I suppose I overreacted, though I'm not apologizing." he said calmly. "Actually, if I'm going to forgive you, there's one thing. If and when we get out of here, I'm giving you three days to tell the others about your past. After the deadline.." he continued, his voice growing colder, "On the morning of the fourth day, if you haven't been straight with them, I'll tell them myself, you understand?" he said, his face expressionless.

He turned to the old man. He was angry, but he kept it hidden. It was partly from the lying, but mostly from seeing that soldier. That smug expression on his face.. He'd recognized Coelnar, or at least partly. And he'd just been so, so pleased with himself. Probably got a promotion from the mountains, too. There had to be a reason he was at Galvez, after all. He kept his voice steady. "The way you came from." he said, nodding to the old man. "Was there any indication of an exit, anything at all? After all, we need to find our way out of here." he said. "So, did you see anything unusual, anything at all? Lights, doorways, people? Hear anything, even?"

After their discussion was over, a corpse appeared to walk past. Coelnar paid little attention to it, though it unnerved him slightly. It was probably a trick of the light, or some such. It wasn't long after, only a couple minutes, before Keres and Fabian appeared out of the darkness. "Well, aren't you guys cute together." he said, with a slightly strange laugh. Coelnar turned to face him, unsure how much of their conversation he and Fabian had overheard. "Keres." Coelnar said calmly. "Funny as ever, then. I suppose you have little more idea where you're going than we do?" Coelnar looked at the pair.

Last edited:

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Main Floor
Artus, Asher & Natalia

“Sure, from now on we’ll be best friends forever!” Natalia said sarcastically, and imitated the voice of a little girl. “Now, can we continue our escape?” She said impatiently. Artus sighed and ignored her comment as he tried to shake open the door. It was locked. Artus inspected the lock carefully, to make sure there was no trap of the sorts. They could have easily broken down the door, but they didn’t want to attract any of the wardens. Artus was sure everyone knew using magic to open it would be out of the question. Suddenly, Natalia walked up beside Artus. “Step aside.” Artus watched as she observed the door and lock. She then turned around and started to search the room. What is she doing…? She returned to the door with several pieces of thin metal. After inserting them and picking the handle with it, she managed to pop open the lock. She slowly opened the door and looked out. “The coast is clear, we can get out of here.” Artus smiled, and nodded out being impressed by her lock picking skills. Artus was about to walk out the door, until she started to speak again. “But, perhaps it would be best if we come up with a plan before we start blindly wandering around.” Artus stopped in his tracks. He knew she was right. Artus had been leading them into various encounters since they started this trip, so it would be wise to think something up before wandering around. But then again, they had no knowledge of this place and its layout.

“Well, seeing as we barely know anything about this place, I think it’s safe to say the only thing we can do is play safe for now.” Artus walked up the door and nudged Natalia to the side, away from the door. He opened it slightly and took a quick look. They could either go to the right, or to the left. He suddenly overheard voices, and saw 2 figures walk past on the left corridor. They seemed to have been having a regular conversation.

“…Yeah, did you hear? A bunch of Immigrants from the north tried to cross over to Salos. Apparently they got some sort of population crisis on their hands or something.” One of the wardens said as they were walking past the storage room. Artus quickly closed the door, and waited for a few seconds. By the way they spoke, you wouldn’t think that they were a bunch of ruthless prison wardens. They seemed capable of holding intelligent conversations, such as current events. Artus gestured Natalia and Asher to stay quiet, while he opened the door again. As he looked out, he saw that the wardens were gone.

“Alright, let’s get out of here before anyone else shows up.” Artus said, as he quickly, but quietly swung the door open, and then looked both ways. “Seeing as how those guys went to the right, we should go left.” Artus tried to act smart, by showing off his mediocre observation skills. As they walked down the brightly lit corridor, Artus was surprised that it wasn’t more ‘gloomy’. There were torches hung on the side, which gave the walls a bright reddish-orange glow. As they continued to walk, they came across a large room, with a large pit right in the middle. The sound of rushing water echoed throughout the room. Artus walked closer to the pit, which was encircled with ropes, to prevent any accidental falling. As he looked down, he saw a vicious torrent of water, indicating that this room was right on top of the river. “Damn it, how are we supposed to find anyone in a place like this? Hopefully the others are having better than luck than us.” Artus was hoping that the others had gotten out as they did, hopefully not suffering the same fate as Biff. Artus looked around the room, and there were three ways they could take. A small entrance to the right, left, and straight-ahead. The only way to get to them was to go around the pit, which wouldn’t take long by no means, but was tedious. “Which way should we take?” He said, asking Natalia and Asher. Suddenly, from the corner of his eyes, Artus saw figures come out of the left entrance. Artus stepped back, and drew his sword, readying himself for a fight. There were two wardens, wearing the regular uniforms, however one of them held a leash in his hand, attached to a red and black colored wolf. Suddenly, the wardens spotted them.

“W-Who are they?” One of the wardens yelled, nervously. The warden with the wolf shrugged, and they looked ready to run away. “Wait, what are we supposed to do? Fight? Run?” The warden went into a frenzy, as he fired off his questions. These guys are idiots… Artus was caught off guard by the warden’s behavior, however he still readied himself. “Ghan said we capture all loose prisoners, and put them back in cells, or kill them if they don’t behave. What do we do?”

“Then we get them.” The warden with the wolf suddenly let go of the leash. “Sick ‘em boy.” The wolf sprinted, foaming at the mouth and jumped into the air at the group, with its mouth wide open. Artus quickly jumped in front, and the wolf bit into Artus' forearm gauntlet. The wolf started to shake its head vigorously, knocking Artus to the ground. “Crap!” Artus punched the wolf in the head a few times, as it loosened its grip and backed off. It started to growl, and looked at him with bloodthirsty eyes. Luckily its fangs didn’t penetrate deep enough into the steel gauntlets to pierce his skin, but his hand was pain from the force of the bite along with the shaking. Then, the wardens started to run at the group, one of them with a sword, and the other with a spear.

"We're taking you down!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 300066

Ethan Daggett: Post 21

Ethan Daggett
Galvez Maze

"I suppose I can forgive you. Forgive you, mind, not trust you. But I suppose I overreacted, though I'm not apologizing." Coelnar replied. He had calmed down "Actually, if I'm going to forgive you, there's one thing. If and when we get out of here, I'm giving you three days to tell the others about your past. After the deadline."

Ethan thought for a moment at that last statement. Obviously he didn’t like it, but he could live with it.
“Alright, Coelnar” Ethan replied “Sounds good to me. Now let’s figure out how to get out assess out of here.”

Just as he finished his sentence Ethan saw a figure emerge from around the corner. It was Keres and Fabian.
"Well, aren't you guys cute together" Keres said as he approached the trio.
“You could just say hi.” Ethan sighed. “Anyway, do you have any idea how to get out of this place?” Ethan asked. Before Keres could reply Jasper piped up again, Ethan had almost forgotten about him.
“I know Captain! I know!” He shouted excitedly as he jumped up and down in the air. Ethan turned to him and placed his hands firmly on Jasper’s shoulders to stop the jumping.
“Well… I sort of know…” Jasper continued. Ethan was sceptical. The man was clearly deranged by now.
“There’s a great and terrible beast you see! Or don’t see… I’ve never seen him before. He’s here to keep us prisoners in check he is. Oh, and there are also some prisoners who might try to fight you, and Diaz’s guards, and there’s hardly any fo-“
“Jasper!” Ethan interrupted Jasper’s rambling. “How the hell do we get out?” He asked, sounding out each word individually.”
“Oh! That’s easy. You gotta find the doors and open it with magic. I know of course that the mighty Ethan Daggett can preform magic” He continued, Ethan didn’t like a kiss-***. “I dunno if either of your new swabbies can, though.” Jasper said, mistaking Coelnar and Keres for Ethan’s crew mates.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
((OOC: I'll look this over for errors tomorrow; I have to sleep now.))

Galvez Prison
Asher Ikakois

Artus sighed and managed to smile and nod at Asher, which made the construct gain a bit of confidence. “Thanks Asher. At least now we kind of know what to look for…” Artus trailed off, and walked over to examine the carvings for himself. He touched the carvings, but did not seem to find anything; even the slightest hint would be helpful. “Biff, you have any ideas as to what the password might be? A possible character or something like Asher said?” Artus was beginning to worry. The group stood and stared each other for a few moments before Biff finally spoke up.

“…Uhhh…no, actually I don’t,” Biff admitted, and his tone had changed. “Hey, can I ask you guys something?” he asked, and triggered a sigh from Natalia. Everyone was at their wit’s end, and more questions certainly were going to aggravate an already exasperated trigger-happy noblewoman. Asher wanted to avoid that—he had had enough of people killing and being killing. “What do we do once we get out, assuming if we get out?” Biff asked. Asher was not entirely sure of the answer, only that it had something to do with rescuing Luna and defeating Ghan; his haziness about the whole plan he attributed to his lassitude.

“We go after the Commander obviously. What does this have to with anything? We’re not even out yet and you’re already talking about what to do once you’re free?” Artus said, in a rough tone of voice that was quite uncharacteristic of him. The cave’s atmosphere and their imprisonment was taking its toll on him, but he seemed to have realized that rudeness was un-called-for and said, “Biff, just shut up.” Asher thought that that surely would be an improvement over their current situation. “You can do whatever you want once you get out. Happy?”

Whining, Biff said, “So…you’re gonna go after Ghan and then what? Everything’s all good? I know what you’re trying to do now, it’s obvious. You just want to teach him a lesson ‘cus you think it’ll make yourself feel good that you killed the guy who was in charge of destroying our village. Well, you’re wrong! Ghan wasn’t in charge, it’s ultimately Diaz’s choice!” Asher immediately noticed that Biff thought that Diaz had been in charge, and felt rather sorry for Ghan—should he follow Diaz’s orders, then he was a murderer; disobey, a traitor. “Besides, he has three more Commanders…killing this one won’t do anything.” Asher thought that reducing a three-legged stool to a two-legged stool would impact the functionality, but that wasn’t to be so with people.

” Then we get all of them. And then we go after Diaz. Biff, shut up now, so I can think,” Artus said. He was concentrating on removing the seal on the door rather than the viability of his suggestions. “Biff, that drawing of the bird you saw…was its wings opened, or folded?” Asher could not discern the position of the bird carving, so he could have no input, but perhaps Biff had seen the bird drawing when it was newer.

“Hmmm…not sure, the drawing was old and parts of it were degraded. All I know is that bird drawing is not the only one I have seen since my stay here. I have seen many bird doodles, some different, and some same,” Biff responded.

’Ah, I had not considered that possibility,’ Asher thought as he put away his lump of metal, ’it is entirely possible that I am entirely incorrect and the answer is a bird. If so, then…I shall make every effort to remain unnoticed, on the chance that I am wrong. Being silent will cause no more injuries than being wrong.’ He resolved to not speak up unless it was absolutely vital. ’Perhaps…it is better if I even refrain from having opinions.’

“…But I think I have a guess as to what the password may be,” Biff said. Asher felt truly useless—even Biff was more useful than he was and he wasn’t even sane.

“Well, what’re you waiting for? Go and draw it!” Artus said as he threw Biff at the door. Asher nimbly dodged out of the way and looked on at the door. “Anything is better than nothing. Besides, if it is ‘booby-trapped’ like you said it is, then at least we’ll have nothing to worry about.” Biff had procured a rock with which to draw the symbol, but paused when Artus mentioned “booby-traps”. Artus had, perhaps unfairly, decided that Biff was going to take the brunt of any booby-trap that there was and it looked as if Natalia agreed with him on that point.

“…what do you mean ‘nothing’ to worry about? What if it's wrong?” Biff asked, scared to try anything.

“I mean, it’s better YOU than us. You get it Biff? It’s gonna be either you or us. Like you said before, we’re dead anyways, so why do you care?” Artus nearly snarled, quite angry. He had turned Biff’s words against him—the latter got teary-eyed and began to slowly draw something on the door. For a few moments everyone watched Biff, and Artus shoved him out of the way when he examined the new carving on the door. Between the other carvings was a simple drawing of an owl.

’One of the more symbolic birds. I had not even thought of drawing between the other carvings,’ Asher thought, ’Ah, does this have something to do with my being a construct?’

“This is it? This is the password? It’s just an owl or something. You wanna tell me how you came up with this?” Artus was skeptical, perhaps rightfully.

“…It’s…hard to explain. I saw a bunch of these drawings down here a couple of days ago. I’ve noticed that it changes every so often, so I’m pretty sure the drawings correspond with Ghan’s-“ Biff attempted to explain, and was promptly ignored by Artus, who, Asher was sure, felt inferior to Biff at this point. “Hey! I’m trying to tell you how I got it! It could help you later on you know? I think you should listen to what I have to say!” Biff yelled at Artus as he realized that he was being ignored. He turned around to plead with Natalia and Asher, saying, “Hey, you guys aren’t going to leave me right? I mean, I’m pretty important to the team, right?” He grabbed a hand each from both Asher and Natalia. Asher pulled his hand back, retracting any offers of assistance to Biff. Natalia did the same, but coupled with a threat. Asher backed away and lowered his gaze; he had not meant to harm anyone, but he had an intense dislike of physical contact.

“Biff, knock it off! We can talk about this after we get out,” Artus snapped, and Biff rose back to his feet. “Assuming you were able to carve this into the stone, and nothing happened, that means there was no trap like you said, right? Unless you got it correct, and the trap was dispelled.” Biff was still hesitant, and looked from side-to-side in search of something that only he knew about.

“…I guess so…” Biff admitted, and seemed to calm down. Artus touched the door with his hand, and it began to glow. The luminescent blue of the light filled the carvings as if they were rivulets and the light was water. The drawing of the owl was similarly outlined. “I think I spoke too soon,” Biff commented, as a low growl resonated in the tunnel as the beast appeared. The torch’s light was blown out by its roar and the quickly-diminishing eerie glow of the carvings. Asher quickly backed away from the massive monster and its horrid stench.

’We talked too loudly and for too long!’ Asher thought as he took quick steps backwards. Fortunately, there appeared an opening beneath the carvings. Asher was the first to hurry through the new door, as was the closest one to the door who did not have problems. He longed to stay behind, but he rationalized his departure by readying himself for any traps in the other room. He emerged into such a bright space that he had to stand off to the side and shield his eyes from the light.

Artus ran for the door, and was stopped by Biff, who was grabbing onto his arm. “Hey! Let go!” he yelled in a panic. “Biff, you a*shole! What are you doing?!” Asher was sorry for the both of them, but if he doubled back to help, then he would be blocked by Natalia, who was bound to have entered the opening already.

“Owww! No, please! Take me with you!” Biff was panicking in the chaos, and even his shouts could be heard through the beast’s noise. “It’s got me! Don’t let go!” he began to yell, but the beast silenced him, and only the snapping of bones could be heard.

After Natalia appeared from the gap, it closed to prevent the beast from chasing after the remainder of the group. Asher was neither glad nor particularly upset that Biff had died; the others were similarly conflicted. Biff had been rather irritating and touchy-feely, but Asher disliked people dying; his only exception was when living on was far more painful than dying—if that was the case, then what was the point in living? The other’s ambivalence over Biff’s death reassured Asher that thinking that maybe it was perfectly fine that Biff had died. The way he had died, though, disturbed Asher.

As soon as Asher’s eyes had accustomed themselves to the light, he cast a look around the room. It appeared to be a storage room, but only of material things; no food was to be seen. “We should be more careful from now on. No more arguing,” Artus said after a few moments’ thought. Asher had forewarned the group, but they had continued on the path of internal conflict and a person was dead. He glared at Natalia as if she were the sole reason for the strife, but Asher felt that it was more along the lines of it was his fault.

’I…could have prevented them from arguing. I am supposed to be the mature one, the one who watches over the group.’

“Sure, from now on we’ll be best friends forever!” Natalia said, scathingly, in a pitch that resembled a small child’s. “Now, can we continue our escape?” She was impatient, but Asher could hardly blame her—she had been pursued by a monster, harassed by a madman, and now Artus was admonishing her for something that she did not do. She walked next to Artus and said, “Step aside.” She examined the door and lock, and brought out a few pieces of thin wire; Asher had not known that she knew the art of lock-picking. Asher did not know how to lock-pick a door, as he could absorb any metal locks, break down any wooden locks, and any wooden locks that he could not destroy were probably unable to be picked. She cautiously opened the door and surveyed outside; apparently it was safe, as she said, “The coast is clear, we can get out of here.” Artus nodded and smiled and in agreement, but just as he was about the leave the room, Natalia said, “But, perhaps it would be best if we come up with a plan before we start blindly wandering around.”

Artus froze in his tracks and Asher braced himself for another argument; although, he wondered how they would plan well for exploring an unknown place without supplies. “Well, seeing as we barely know anything about this place, I think it’s safe to say the only thing we can do is play safe for now,” Artus said after some thought. He walked up to the door and touched Natalia just enough to get her out of the way. Asher could not see what ways the path now led, but he could guess that it went in two directions as Artus seemed to pause when he looked left and right.

Artus was startled by something and quickly closed the door. His gestures indicated to Asher that they were to remain quiet; for him that would be easy, but Natalia might have some difficulties. Asher could barely hear the people outside, or wardens, he supposed, but he did manage to pick up, “…Yeah, did you hear? A bunch of Immigrants from the north tried to cross over to Salos. Apparently they got some sort of population crisis on their hands or something.” That nearly confirmed his idea that the people of Diaz’s army were probably forced into service and did not voluntarily join forces as intelligent people, he thought, were less likely to share Diaz’s method of achieving his goals.

’…It would be like me to be wrong; it is better to refrain for assuming,’ Asher thought, adsorbed to his thoughts.

“Alright, let’s get out of here before anyone else shows up,” Artus said as he opened the door again. Asher thought that he was not being cautious enough and they could end up fighting again; nevertheless, Asher was both impressed and envious of Artus’s confidence. Artus peered out the door and took a look both ways, and said, “Seeing as how those guys went to the right, we should go left.” Asher cocked his head to the right—was that rather obvious?

The corridor itself was brightly lit, if only compared to the tunnels. Asher supposed that the reason for the increased illumination was that the wardens had the same light requirements as normal humans to see properly. Still, that the torches on the sides of the walls did not emanate as much heat as he would have supposed was surprising to him. After a while, they emerged into a circular room that overlooked the water of the river in the center. Rope railings had been erected around the gaping hole in order to prevent people from falling in, but Asher was still uncomfortable with the idea of a river so near. Why on earth is there even a room above the water? Is not the river intended to keep people away from Galvez Prison? Do they fish here? I suspect that whoever designed this whole area needs to start taking their meds again…’

“Damn it,” Artus swore again, “how are we supposed to find anyone in a place like this? Hopefully the others are having better than luck than us.” Asher also hoped that, but he suspected that it was not so—after all, including Keres in a group was bound to cause more problems than it would solve, but at least they would be better off against the beast than Biff was. The room held three paths out, to the right, left, and directly ahead; to check each out individually would consume a large amount of time that they did not have, but Asher was not going to suggest a path to take and going around the pit multiple times might trigger an unwanted battle. Artus turned around to face Natalia and Asher and asked, “Which way should we take?”

As if the sentence was a spell for summoning them, two wardens and a wolf appeared from the left entrance. Artus drew his sword and prepared to fight just as the two noticed him. Both of the wardens were clothed in what Asher accepted as their uniform, the only difference between the two that Asher immediately noticed was that one of them held in his hand a leash that was attached to a rusty-red and black wolf. The one without the wolf looked at the other nervously and shouted, “W-Who are they?” The one with the wolf looked away and Asher could hear his mental sigh as the nervous one kept on asking him questions. “Wait, what are we supposed to do? Fight? Run? Ghan said we capture all loose prisoners, and put them back in cells, or kill them if they don’t behave. What do we do?” Asher prepared himself for running away; the party was exhausted and fighting would only be squandering what energy remained.

“Them we get them,” the warden with the wolf responded, “sic ‘em, boy!” He released his hold on the wolf’s leash, and the animal rushed the group with tongue lolling and leapt at the group, likely aiming for their necks. Artus intercepted the wolf, but was thrown to the ground; he hit the wolf a few times and it let him go to back away. The two wardens ran towards the group, one armed with a spear; the other, a sword.

’Eh, the wolf backed off? Aren’t they trained to hold onto the human until the handler can do something? Maybe this one is a tracking or guard…wolf,’ Asher thought, and then felt a sudden burst of pity for the animal. ’It’s here through no fault of its own; it’s probably unable to be rehabilitated, is it best if I “put it out of its misery”? The humans…I feel not attachment to, not even one to feel as if they should continue living.’

He shook off the mists of his reverie and kneeled down to touch the ground, but attempted to make it appear so that he tripped and injured something. Luckily, the ground was stone, so he formed a small dagger out of it, put it into his right hand, and readied himself for the inevitable attack. The guard with the sword ran at Asher. ’Have to judge this accurately…’ At what he thought was the prime moment for a surprise attack, Asher rose to his feet in a forward motion and leaned in to stab the warden with his dagger.

“Damn!” the warden cursed and swung his sword at Asher. The construct was unsure of what to do now that the guard had dodged, but he was in very close combat at this point, so he grabbed the sword by the hilt with his free left hand. It dug into the flesh until it reached the bone and blood started to spurt out of the resulting injury. It stung, like sticking his hand into fire, but Asher was able to grasp both edges of the sword and fuse the sides with his bones. “You crazy b*stard!” the warden yelled as he desperately tried to shake his sword free of Asher’s grasp.

’Aggghhhh! Hurts!’ Asher clung on to the sword despite it cutting even more of his flesh. He brought up the dagger in his right hand to slash the warden just below the chin; he was surprised by the sheer amount of blood that came out from the newly-formed wound—so much that it wet his hand until the handle of the dagger became slippery, it splattered his face, dripped off and drench the front of his shirt. The warden stumbled backwards, let go of the sword, and clutched at his neck while gasping for breath, but he could take in no more air and was drowning in his own blood. ’No! Why did I?! It should be physically impossible for me to kill someone…perhaps death-by-blood-loss bypasses that? Why am I not caring about that death?’ Asher dropped the dagger in disgust and disregard for his own safety.

“You-!” the warden yelled as he, too ran towards Asher. This time, though, Asher’s trick would not work a second time and he was now hobbled by the sword attached to his left hand. The construct struggled in vain to absorb as much of the sword as he could before the spear could reach him, but it seemed that all he could do was get through half of the sword’s width. The second warden took advantage of his fallen comrade’s attacks and tried to stab Asher with his spear, on his left side where he was struggling with the sword. Asher was then targeted by the other side of spear; and the middle section was quickly grabbed by Asher’s bloodied right hand. It hurt his hand to hold onto the shaft of the spear, but his sheer strength was enough to rip the weapon from the warden’s hand without losing his grip on the spear.

“What the hell? Are you not human?!” the warden nearly screamed in fright. Asher had nearly absorbed all of the other warden’s sword’s sections to heal his hand, but he continued to absorb it until it broke in two. The pieces fell down to the floor with a clatter as the second warden stared at Asher in horror.

Asher detested that look—it was the look that people had given him when they discovered what he was. ’Just because I am abnormal…you look at me in that way! Why?! I need a reason…please. Just give me one. It cannot be that I have killed your companion—charging into battle, aiming for the person who could be hiding a trap.’ He could be rather cold in the heat of battle, but he would never have killed a person—it was programmed into him that he could never kill, yet what was this? Asher lifted his head and looked down his nose at the warden;—it was the only way that he could fully see him, as the blood had even obscured his vision by drying on his eyelashes. Ugh. This blood…is disgusting. I think that I swallowed some, even. Why do I feel nothing by...harming, killing these people?’

“You…monster!” the warden yelled and tried to run away, towards where he had come from, past Natalia and Artus. Asher ran after him on instinct and the grasped the collar of his uniform before jerking it back. He slammed him to the ground and used Weapon Formation to create ropes of stone that bound the man by the waist. He rose to his feet to neutralize the wolf, but the warden grabbed Asher’s long hair to tug him backwards. Unfortunately for the warden, there was enough slack for Asher to whirl around and stomp, hard, on the man’s hand with his heel. He screamed in pain and recoiled, but he did not make another attempt to stop Asher.

’Why? Why am I doing this? Why do I feel hatred towards people I have neither meet nor know?’ Asher knew of nothing that would rationalize his actions. Even a contrived answer could not be arrived at. ’Did…my creator have something to do with this? Does a single human’s hatred influence their actions so much that they’ll change something that they have cared for all their life?’ As he stopped in the exact middle between the incapacitated warden and the wolf, he stood there, facing the wolf. It did not move. ’I shall stop while I can; Natalia and Artus can handle themselves. I…do not want their disapproval because of my actions. Even so, I cannot run away now. Wolf…I am sorry that this life of yours will end in this manner…farewell.’

The wolf, sensing his intentions, decided to turn towards him and growl to try and keep him away. ’Why…do I have more sympathy for a wolf than for humans? Because I am close in origin to neither and animals rarely treat me with the same scorn that humans have.’ The wolf fluffed out its fur in an effort to appear larger, but Asher was unmoved and advanced. The wolf lunged for his throat, but Asher brought up his bag as something else for the wolf to latch onto. Its growling drowned out anything else that Asher might have heard, but he could concentrate enough to use Weapon Formation to create a spear of the stone. The spear rose out of the stone to pierce the wolf through the neck, killing it. He lowered his bag down and detached the wolf’s jaw from it.

Asher turned to face Natalia and Artus directly. He glanced away, ashamed. Who had asked him to dispose of the wardens, and so bloodily as well? ’Ah, now they know of my strength and perhaps my abilities of recovery as well. Why have I not kept my resolution to remain unnoticed?’ He tried to back away, but to nearly every side of him there were bodies. He kept not meeting the eyes of either of the other two and instead tried to back against the wall. ’Why, why, why? Why did I kill? It might have been possible to win without killing, but…. Even now, am I worth something to the group?—I know that they would have easily defeated the wardens, perhaps without taking a single injury, even. I splattered blood everywhere on my body; if we happen to meet someone, then I will be suspicious immediately. I don’t(…didn’t?) want to kill…so why have I? What is wrong with me? How is everyone else so nonchalant about it?’

((OOC: You said that we could kill them in one round, yes?))

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Natalia Denar
Galvez Prison Main Floor

“Well, seeing as we barely know anything about this place, I think it’s safe to say the only thing we can do is play safe for now.” Artus responded to her suggestion. He walked up the door and nudged Natalia to the side, away from the door. She wasn’t too happy about it, but knew this wasn’t the time to make a scene. You could’ve just asked. Artus opened the door slightly to have a quick look.

Suddenly the sound of footsteps reverberated through the corridor and the room they were hiding in. Artus quickly closed the door as two wardens walked past the storage room. “…Yeah, did you hear? A bunch of Immigrants from the north tried to cross over to Salos. Apparently they got some sort of population crisis on their hands or something.”

After the sounds of the guards passing had died down, Artus once again opened the door and peeked out. “Alright, let’s get out of here before anyone else shows up.” Artus said, as he quickly, but quietly swung the door open, and then looked both ways. “Seeing as how those guys went to the right, we should go left.” Natalia wasn’t convinced by his reasoning. I don’t see how you can determine, which way we should go to find the exit, just by watching two random guards going one way for whatever reason and then going off in the other direction. Even so, she didn’t fancy meeting those two again, so she followed Artus down the corridor without objections.

The experience wasn’t unlike the one she had only minutes ago, except for the abundance of light. The torches on the walls were placed more regularly to illuminate the place as brightly as possible and not just attached randomly once every fifty or so meters. Eventually, the corridor opened up into a large room. It was filled with the sound of rushing water, which was coming from the room’s most prominent feature – a large pit encircled with ropes. “Damn it, how are we supposed to find anyone in a place like this? Hopefully the others are having better than luck than us.” Artus sounded frustrated. Natalia had to think for a moment about who he was referring to. She had been so concentrated on her own survival and escape she had completely forgotten about the other five members of the group.

“Which way should we take?” Artus’ question brought Natalia back from her thoughts. She looked around. He was talking about the three entrances on the other side of the room. Natalia looked at each of them. Hmmm... The right one seems badly lit, so it’s probably not the right one. The corridors they use often would probably be well illuminated. The middle one seems to fit that norm much better and the left one has people coming out of it. Crap, it’s the guards!

The two wardens also noticed them. They were wearing the same kind of uniform Natalia had become familiar with and were accompanied by a wolf. For some reason they seemed to be afraid. “W-Who are they?” One of the wardens yelled. The warden with the wolf shrugged, and they looked ready to run away. “Wait, what are we supposed to do? Fight? Run?” Unfortunately, they managed to somehow pull themselves together. “Ghan said we capture all loose prisoners, and put them back in cells, or kill them if they don’t behave. What do we do?”

“Then we get them.” The warden with the wolf suddenly let go of the leash. “Sick ‘em boy.” The wolf charged straight at them. As Natalia drew her swords, Artus jumped in front of her and Asher and was assaulted by the beast. He was bitten in his arm and knocked to the ground. He managed to free himself by punching the wolf in the head a few times. The guards were also approaching, waving their weapons and screaming. "We're taking you down!"

Surprisingly, Asher was the first to react. That was really unlike him, as had he usually hung back when fights begun. He produced a dagger and stabbed the sword-wielding guard with it. The guard pushed his sword through Asher’s left hand, but seemed unable to pull it back out. Asher used the opening and cut his opponent under the chin. The blood came rushing out of the wound, the warde stumbled backwards and fell to the floor, dying.

The other guard tried to avenge his fallen comrade by stabbing Asher with his spear, but Asher managed to grab hold of his weapon and pulled in out of guard’s hands. As the sword sticking out of Asher’s hand fell apart and its pieces hit the floor, the remaining guard panicked. “What the hell? Are you not human?!” he screamed.

“You…monster!” the warden yelled and tried to run away, but was grabbed by Asher, who then slammed him to the ground and immobilised him by creating a bind form the stony floor. The guard tried to hold him where he was, but Asher got away from his grasp and turned to the wolf. The beast tried to intimidate him, but when that didn’t work it jumped at him. Asher protected himself from its fangs using his bag before a stone spear appeared from the ground, piercing the wolf and killing it.

Natalia was more than impressed by the strength and skill Asher had just displayed, but for some reason, he seemed embarrassed. He kept averting his eyes, like a naughty child, who was ashamed of what he had done. Natalia decided to cheer him up. “That was amazing,” she said enthusiastically. “I had no idea you were this powerful. I mean, you took care of three enemies in a flash just like that. You protected us, that’s nothing to be ashamed of.” She looked at Artus. “Don’t you agree?”

She relived the whole battle in her head. The two screams from the second guard stuck in her mind. “What the hell? Are you not human?!” and “You…monster!” went through her head again and again. That would explain a lot. Like his skin colour and the way he communicates. But what difference does it make what he is? He’s proven himself to be reliable and a formidable ally.

Only then did she remember the wound on Asher’s left hand. “Are you hurt? Do you need help?” she asked with concern as she approached him.

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Main Floor
Artus, Asher & Natalia

As the wolf backed away, the wardens went in for the attack. Artus stood up, readying himself for another round, until he saw Asher quickly step up to the plate. He quickly swung his dagger, narrowly missing the warden who retaliated with a swing of his own sword. Remarkably, Asher grabbed the sword, which penetrated his skin oozing out blood. As he held the warden’s sword tight in his grip, Asher swiftly gave the warden a cut underneath his chin, sending him to the ground, gasping for air, soon drowned in his own blood. Suddenly, as the spear-wielding warden attempted to attack Asher, he managed to ‘absorb’ the spear to heal his wounds. What…is that how he heals himself?! Artus immediately knew this was different than Colenar’s healing abilities which were the normal way of fixing up wounds, but Artus had never seen anyone ‘absorb’ something to heal. There was no way the properties of the spear would be able to heal human skin.

“What the hell? Are you not human?!” The warden yelled as Asher continued to absorb the spear until it broke into two pieces. He then proceeded to bind the warden to the ground, rendering him useless. As he turned to the wolf, it lunged outwards at Asher’s neck, who used his bag to avoid a fatal incision to the throat. He quickly formed a spear which shot out of the ground killing the wolf by impaling its neck. As Asher detached the jaws of the wolf from his bag, Artus and Natalia rushed up to him. He gave them a quick look, but shamefully glanced away.

“That was amazing. “ Natalia spoke unusually enthusiastically. “I had no idea you were this powerful. I mean, you took care of three enemies in a flash just like that. You protected us, that’s nothing to be ashamed of.” Natalia faced Artus. “Don’t you agree?” Artus nodded his head, excitedly. “Are you hurt? Do you need help?” Natalia asked with concern in her voice, as she approached Asher. Well…he’s obviously not human. I mean, appearance-wise he looks just like an ordinary person, save for the unusual skin color, and the way he talks….I though he was just a mute. Artus honestly thought that Asher had a condition that wouldn’t let him talk.

“Dang Asher, that was crazy. I didn’t know you could fight like that.” Artus said laughingly. He looked at Asher, who had blood caked around his eyelashes, plus an injured hand. Artus wasn’t sure if he could heal himself again like he did before, but one thing was certain, he looked shaken up by the whole situation, and it seemed like he was ashamed of something, as stated by Natalia. “You should leave the rest up to us, Asher, you’ve done enough. It won’t be good for you if you keep on pushing yourself like that.” Artus said giving a smile, with a genuine concern in his voice. Artus tried to make Asher more comfortable, by giving him a break, and leaving any other confrontations to himself and Natalia. He wanted to ask about the whole absorbing thing and healing, and if he really were non-human, however he figured that right now would probably not be the best time to ask. As far as Artus was concerned, he looked human, and acted like one, and that’s all that mattered. He walked up to Asher and put his hand on his shoulder. “Look Asher, you don’t have to tell us anything you don’t want to. You’re our friend, and friends respect each other’s wishes. Right Nat?” He said the last part, looking at Natalia, quoting her, forgetting to call her by her full first name. He then took a step back to let Asher collect himself, as he glanced over at the warden who was struggling to get free from the stone ropes. He walked over and kneeled over him, in an attempt to talk. “I know you’re probably not going to say anything, but we need to know where Luna is.” Artus looked at him, and whispered. “I’ll let you live if you do.” Artus made sure nobody heard that last part, seeing as he didn’t want to seem soft in front of Asher and Natalia. The obvious thing to do would be just to end him right there, but Artus didn’t have the guts to do that, and he had no intention of telling the others that either. The warden whimpered a bit before speaking.

“I’d rather die than tell you anything…” He quietly said. “You’re lucky most of the wardens got shipped out, otherwise you’d be dead…” He said again. Artus looked at him confusingly, and realized that the reason it was so empty in the prison must be because of what the warden had said, about most of them being shipped out of the prison.

Artus tried to reason with him. “You’re gonna die anyways…why not just tell us…?” Artus wasn’t in the arguing mood anymore, and just wanted straight answers. However, he was relieved that the warden was not a psychopath, screaming and yelling, trying to attract attention. The warden turned his head and didn’t look at him or anyone else. Artus got up. “It’s no use, this guy’s not talking.” Artus turned to the front. “Leave him be, we have other business to take care of. We still need to decide what path to take. Artus wasn’t sure if leaving the warden there would be the best idea, but he wasn’t entirely sure on the idea of killing him. Not to mention, Asher did enough of that a short while ago.

((OOC: I'll try and make my posts shorter. This way you guys have to write less lol, and it'll be easier for characters to talk to one another))

Last edited:

thesilverwolf

Fabian followed behind Keres. He restrained himself from responding to Keres’s sarcastic words with a few of his own. For now, I will let him think that he is as cool as he seems to think he is. Fabian ceased walking as Keres sent his dead pet ahead of them. He assumed Keres heard something that called for cautious behavior. Fabian crept behind Keres, staying in the shadows. Soon, the pair discovered Ethan, Coelnar, and a man he never saw before. From the way that the unknown man appeared, Fabian deduced that he was a prisoner.

Keres emerged from the shadows and said something that revealed more of his unsettling personality. Fabian was not sure how he felt about the red-eyed man. Whenever Keres spoke, Fabian felt anxious. He wasn’t afraid of the necromancer, but he was no fool either; Fabian was sharp enough to keep his guard up when around Keres. Fabian stepped out of the cover provided by the shadows to greet the trio.

“Excuse Keres and his creepiness.” Fabian said after Keres spoke. Ethan asked if they knew how to get out of the prison. At this point, it was a silly question to ask considering they didn’t know how to get into the prison earlier. Not much time elapsed since their capture, but the wardens obviously underestimated the resolve and skills of the imprisoned travelers. If Keres, Coelnar, Ethan, and he were able to get out of their cells, Fabian assumed the other capable adventurers did the same.

Ethan’s question didn’t go unanswered for long. The prisoner began to yelp with excitement and declared that he knew the way out. He also called Ethan captain, which was odd, but Fabian figured that the prisoner was slightly delusional by this point and could prove to be as useful as dirt, which wouldn’t be very useful in this situation. The prisoner, who Ethan called Jasper, told of a door that required magic to be opened. Fabian’s eyes twinkled with hope. He was obviously the most capable magic user in this ragtag party.

“Well, Jasper. I’ll have you know that I am extraordinarily proficient with magic, and this is me being humble.” Fabian declared ostentatiously. “So… show us the way to this magical door that you speak off. Then I’ll channel some magic into it, and show old Ethan here how one truly wields the arcane forces of magic.”

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
((OOC: Eh, it’s still long, but it’s shorter than the last one.))
Galvez Prison
Asher Ikakois

“That was amazing,” Natalia said, strangely enthusiastically. Asher was wondering why killing someone would generate praise, but humans were odd. “I had no idea you were this powerful. I mean, you took care of three enemies in a flash just like that. You protected us, that’s nothing to be ashamed of,” she continued and turned towards Artus. “Don’t you agree?” she said to Artus, and he nodded in agreement.

’Ah, if you phrase it that way, then perhaps I cou-no…killing is still wrong, but if it could protect people? I do not know what my decision would be, then.’ He was unsure of whether it was appropriate to tell the group that there had been a physical block ingrained in him against killing, and that it was now gone—he did not desire that they become scared of him, but if they discovered that on their own, they might hate him for withholding information. The people who had learned of his origins before had always rejected him—they expected a construct to be a mere machine, something that obeys without questions. Sure, there had been adaptive ones before him, but nothing that could successfully predict someone’s moves without previous input; Asher, instead of being the unimaginative being that people expected him to be, was quite creative. That he was forgiving and mute made him a target for people to unload their anger upon, and he accepted that.

“Are you hurt? Do you need help?” Natalia asked Asher. He realized that he had been nearly leaning against the wall, and that the muscles inside his hand would take more mana to heal than he had expected, but he was otherwise physically fine. Natalia walked over to Asher, but he shook his head to reject her offer and backed away, not wanting to cause any more “trouble”. His wound would heal in time, surely enough, but the mental ones would take a bit of time.

’I can recover without assistance, but what if she suspects me of hiding something? I have revealed my healing powers to them already.’ Asher, for once, did not know what to do. The blood on his face and shirt probably deceived Natalia into thinking that he had been injured around there, but it was still sticky and not entirely dried. He attempted to rub it off, but it only stuck to his hands, which were also bloody; rubbing bloody things on bloody things did not decrease the amount of blood. Digging into his bag, Asher found a small cloth and used it to try and clean his face, but it was quickly used up, so he put it back in a pouch separate from everything else. ’Blood has iron in it; that’s why it becomes dark brown when the blood is old and the iron oxidizes. I can absorb the iron in the blood.’ The iron was gradually removed from the blood, but the stickiness remained. Washing his face with water would result in his face being washed away, so he was rather confused as to what his options were—let the leftovers of the blood remain on his face until they flaked off or splash water on his face and then recover. In the end, he decided to let the remnants of the blood remain.

“Dang Asher, that was crazy. I didn’t know you could fight like that,” Artus commented, a bit jokingly. Asher was not sure why, exactly, they were taking death so lightly, but stress could make one “crack”. “You should leave the rest up to us, Asher, you’ve done enough. It won’t be good for you if you keep on pushing yourself like that,” Artus said, appearing concerned. He smiled at Asher, who did not think that this was an appropriate place to smile. Asher wanted to trust Artus, and he did, a bit, but he had quite a few reservations—he had judged Artus as the type of person who required a great deal of trust in a group to function without becoming irrational, and Asher suspected that expecting anything resembling trust from Keres was asking for a miracle. Artus put his hand on Asher’s shoulder, but the construct recoiled and took a few steps more towards the wall. “Look Asher, you don’t have to tell us anything you don’t want to. You’re our friend, and friends respect each other’s wishes,” Artus said, trying to comfort Asher. “Right, Nat?” he asked Natalia, while forgetting to use her entire name.

Asher reclined against the wall in silence and watched Artus interrogate the bound warden. “I know you’re probably not going to say anything, but we need to know where Luna is,” Artus said to the warden, who was struggling to escape his confines. Artus leaned down to whisper something in his ear, but Asher did not hear what was said and could only guess the meaning from the warden’s reaction.

The warden seemed uneasy, but he replied, “I’d rather die than tell you anything…” His response was quiet, but Asher could understand it well enough; Natalia might have heard a muffled version of the same thing. “You’re lucky most of the wardens got shipped out, otherwise you’d be dead…” Asher did have his suspicions about the suspect absence of patrols, and that explained it. He supposed that they had come at the right time and fortune was (finally) on their side.

“You’re gonna die anyways…why not just tell us…?” Artus asked the warden, and confused Asher. Nearly everyone who was a human died of old age, and as the saying went, there were two certainties in life: death and taxes; however, Asher suspected that Artus was going to drastically cut the amount of time that the warden had left. The warden could have screamed to attract attention, but his pride, as evidenced by his wishing to die rather than divulge information, prevented him from doing so. Turning his head to the side, the warden resigned himself to waiting for his fellows.

Artus rose, saying, “It’s no use, this guy’s not talking.” He had been talking, but it was not what Artus had wanted to hear. He turned to face the group and said, “Leave him be, we have other business to take care of. We still need to decide what path to take.” Asher wondered about the warden—surely he would cause a ruckus if left there, but Asher was not going to kill him, as the core prevented him from hurting defenseless people, and Artus was not keen on the idea of murdering a helpless person. Maybe they could introduce Keres to him.

’If we take the path from which the wardens came, then it is not likely that we would encounter another patrol, for, as the warden said, they are currently under-staffed; unless they were supposed to arrive at a certain place, and that place is waiting for confirmation.’ Asher did not desire to be incorrect again, and leading them down the wrong path would lead to more fights, but the group was in a rut. ’I had resolved to remain silent and unnoticed, so is my will really that weak…? Or is my curiosity taking a turn for the rather dangerous?’ He wanted to explore each of the paths, but they could choose only one.

He stopped leaning against the wall and rummaged in his bag. Finding that small bits and pieces of who-knows-what were sticking to his hands, Asher resolved to put his lump of metal in a completely separate compartment from everything else. He finally found the piece and hesitated for a few moments, with his hand on the metal and resting in the bag. Whatever he wrote, it was sure to have an impact, and he did not want to lead the party down the wrong path. His decision was still tentative, but he brought out the plate of metal and used magic to inscribe, “There is, perhaps, a lesser chance of encountering another patrol if we progress down the path that the wardens emerged from, for the patrols here seem to be uncommon; the groups that patrol; small.” That was all that would fit on the metal, so Asher resigned to writing with the stone on the wall. “People might be attracted to this place if the wardens were supposed to meet at a certain place at a certain time and these two were not accounted for.”

SteelKing 2012

An Iron Fist
Coelnar Ellidyn
Galvez Prison

Jasper piped up with a suggestion, looking incredibly pleased with himself. "I know, captain! I know!" he said. Coelnar found him irritating, and from looking around, he could tell he wasn't the only one. Still, they had no real choice but to listen. After all, it wasn't as if anybody else had an idea, so what did they have to lose? Of course, as soon as Coelnar decided this, Jasper started sounding less confident once everyone was actually listening. "Well.. I sort of know.." he continued, before apparently going onto an entirely different subject. Coelnar was a little worried. If they couldn't find a way out, or if there was no way out, then how long would it take before they ended up like Jasper, wandering the corridors and completely insane? Ok, so maybe he wasn't completely insane, but certainly close to it.

Jasper rambled for a minute, something about a beast roaming the corridors. Not that he'd ever seen it in his life, of course. Though, that appeared to be the only strange thing he said, as he mentioned guards, and aggressive prisoners. So do we listen to him, or dismiss his words as insane rambling? Caution and fear over something that may or may not be there.. After all, if this beast is so vicious, how did they get it down here in the first place.. I'll believe him if I see any half-decent evidence, I suppose. Until then, no point worrying. He shook his head. It wouldn't be a problem. From what he could hear, there was only one 'beast.' It was hardly likely they'd run into it, after all.

He started listening to Jasper properly again, and found himself listening halfway through a sentence. "-Daggett can perform magic. I don't know if either of your new swabbies can, though." Coelnar was confused. What the heck is a swabbie? he thought to himself. Some kind of pirate slang, no doubt. the comment about magic intrigued him, though. What was he saying? Fabian soon cleared things up, though, albeit in a very smug sounding way.

“Well, Jasper. I’ll have you know that I am extraordinarily proficient with magic, and this is me being humble. So… show us the way to this magical door that you speak of. Then I’ll channel some magic into it, and show old Ethan here how one truly wields the arcane forces of magic.” This is him being humble? By god, I hope I don't have to hear him being smug. Coelnar thought. Mind you, he's good with magic, no doubt about that. I suppose he has some right to boast. He's certainly more skilled than the rest of us. Coelnar looked at the others. "Well, I suppose that's settled then." he said, with a slight authority. He had some experience with small groups such as this, though leading didn't appeal to him.

Still, this reminded him slightly of leading a hunting party in the mountains. Not that he'd ever liked the job, but somehow he figured they'd get nowhere with just discussion. After all, if it came to an argument, Fabian seemed like the type to be convinced that he was right, as was Ethan. And Keres would probably argue with them for the hell of it. Not that Coelnar was a leader. In any way. He wasn't aggressive enough.

Though, Coelnar relflected, it was really quite a role reversal from what he'd led in the mountains. With hunting, he was the predator. If Jasper was to be believed, this time he was the prey. Still, he nodded. "Lead the way, Jasper."

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Keres Adrastea
Galez Prison

“You could just say hi.” Ethan said as Keres and Fabian entered the scene. The revenant had walked off in the distance, and Keres didn't care about getting her back.
"Keres. Funny as ever, then. I suppose you have little more idea where you're going than we do?", Colenar said, looking at the pair probably hoping to get answers.
"My, aren't you two gloomy?" Keres said, adding an ironic cheerful attitude to his words, but before he could continue, some annoying little guy jumped around talking.
“I know Captain! I know! Well… I sort of know…” he said after calming down a bit. Who's that? Keres thought. This guy was clearly out of his sane mind.

The guy continued talking in a growing haste “There’s a great and terrible beast you see! Or don’t see… I’ve never seen him before. He’s here to keep us prisoners in check he is. Oh, and there are also some prisoners who might try to fight you, and Diaz’s guards, and there’s hardly any fo-“ “Jasper!” Ethan interrupted the guy, whos name appeared to be Jasper. “How the hell do we get out?”. Ethan had obviously spent his last patience on this jolly individual, and demanded an answer. “Oh! That’s easy. You gotta find the doors and open it with magic. I know of course that the mighty Ethan Daggett can preform magic”, Jasper said. This guy was obviously a part of Ethans past, and Ethan did seem uncomfortable around him. “I dunno if either of your new swabbies can, though.” Jasper continued, pointing his attention to Keres an Fabian. What the.. "What... did you just call me?" Keres said, keping a calm and deadly tone.
“Excuse Keres and his creepiness.” Fabian suddenly said, keeping Keres from jumping Jasper, ripping his heart of of his beating chest. “Well, Jasper. I’ll have you know that I am extraordinarily proficient with magic, and this is me being humble. So… show us the way to this magical door that you speak of. Then I’ll channel some magic into it, and show old Ethan here how one truly wields the arcane forces of magic.” Fabian continued. A bit cocky, aren't we?. Keres was openly tired of Fabian, Ethan and Colenar, but he had to rely on them figuring stuff out in order for him to get out. "Well, I suppose that's settled then." Colenar said before Keres could volunteer using his dark arts to aid the cause. He was really tired of being in the damned dungeon, and wanted out as soon as possible. This was an unecessary hinder in his task, which made him think about Asher, Natalia and Artus, and if they were alive.

"Lead the way, Jasper."

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Main Floor
Artus, Natalia & Asher

“There is, perhaps, a lesser chance of encountering another patrol if we progress down the path that the wardens emerged from, for the patrols here seem to be uncommon; the groups that patrol; small.’’ Asher then started to write on the wall. “People might be attracted to this place if the wardens were supposed to meet at a certain place at a certain time and these two were not accounted for.” Artus looked at Asher, who seemed to be loosening up now. He nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, alright, that makes sense.” Artus said as he looked at the two. He looked down at the dead bodies of the warden and the wolf. It was a bloody mess, and it honestly looked disgusting. However, for some reason, no matter how much bloodshed he saw, Artus could never stomach the grotesque scenes fully. “Let’s get out of here.” Artus finally said, as he walked in through the left corridor. Above the entrance, there was a wooden plank, that read “ Hall B – Prison Chamber 1”, in bolded black letters. Artus looked at the plank and then turned to the group, but didn’t say anything. Crap…they came from the prison chamber? There’s bound to be more of those wardens lurking around. As they walked down the Hall for a few minutes, the hall suddenly split into two ways, a right and left hall. More paths? However, murmuring and whispering of sorts could be heard echoing through the halls. Artus saw that the halls were curved, which made him to believe no matter what path they take, this part was just a big roundabout. “I don’t think it matter which way we go. I’m certain it just goes around all the way.” As he walked along the left path, immediately around the corner he saw numerous cells, with steel bars caging whatever was in it. “So this is the prison chamber…” He said, with his curiosity peaked. “You know, I thought it would be more darker.” There were many torches mounted above the cells, lighting up the entire hall. Artus walked up to the closest cell and looked inside. He saw a man, curled up into the fetal position, sitting in the dark corner of the cell. There was nothing in the cell, other than a few crates and storage supplies, much like the ones they saw back in the storage room. Artus didn’t say anything, but the man looked up at Artus.

“Please…don’t hurt me….” He softly spoke while crying. He had various cuts and bruises all over his body, and unlike biff, he was wearing ripped pants and a rag-like shirt. It was clear he put up a struggle of some sorts.

“We’re not gonna hurt you.” Artus said, calmly, assuring the man. The man crawled up t the steel bars and looked at Artus. His face was disgustingly dirty, and his face was wet as if he had just finished crying. Artus wanted to help the man, but quite frankly, they didn’t have the time. Artus got up and turned to the group. “Let’s go, we don’t have time to help them.” As much as it pained Artus to say it, they weren’t here to save anyone else. Plus, Artus still wanted to find Ghan. As Artus walked further down the hall, they came to a staircase. It was indeed as Artus had predicted, in that taking either path would result in reaching the staircase. “See what did I tell you guys? It goes all the way around. It’s a good thing I know what I’m doing, otherwise we’d be screwed.” Once again, Artus threw in a senseless joke, which obviously wasn’t appropriate for the moment.

As they got to the end of the staircase, Artus realized they were outside again. There was a large stone bridge that connected to a small tower, from their side. The tower was narrow, and made of blue colored bricks. The skies were dark and grey, and it was beginning to rain a little bit as Artus could feel a drop or two. “What the…” Artus looked to down below from the side, and could see river that flowed in and around the prison. He could also see the roofs of some of the buildings. As he looked forward, he saw three wardens all running towards them. “Oh crap!” Artus quickly drew his sword and got ready for another round. Suddenly, one of the wardens raised his hand and threw a flaming ball of fire at the group. “Watch out!” Artus ducked, as the ball of flame exploded upon hitting the wall behind them. Damn it…There’s not much room to move. Artus was worried that a slip near the edge may cause any one of them to fall to their deaths, so he was trying to stray away from fighting near the edge. “I’ll go for the one on the right.” Artus quickly said to the group, and then proceeded to run up to the warden with a swing of his sword.

((OOC: Sorry, I know, another fight lol. These guys know some basic spells, so be wary.))

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Natalia Denar
Galvez Prison Main Floor

“Dang Asher, that was crazy. I didn’t know you could fight like that.” Artus said laughingly. “You should leave the rest up to us, Asher, you’ve done enough. It won’t be good for you if you keep on pushing yourself like that.” Artus said with a concern in his voice. He walked up to Asher and put his hand on his shoulder. “Look Asher, you don’t have to tell us anything you don’t want to. You’re our friend, and friends respect each other’s wishes. Right Nat?” He turned to Natalia, when using her words and ignoring their meaning. She gave him a furious look, but this time she wasn’t as angry as she was disappointed. For all his talk about getting along and being friends, Artus didn’t really seem to care much about her feelings.
Artus walked over to the trapped guard and kneeled over him, in an attempt to talk. “I know you’re probably not going to say anything, but we need to know where Luna is. The warden whimpered a bit before speaking.

“I’d rather die than tell you anything…” He quietly said. “You’re lucky most of the wardens got shipped out, otherwise you’d be dead…” Natalia expected the first part of the response, but not the rest. While the prison did seem awfully empty, she had no idea of what it was like normally.

“You’re gonna die anyways…why not just tell us…?” Artus tried to persuade him, but the guard just looked away and stopped responding. “It’s no use, this guy’s not talking.” Artus got up and turned to the front. “Leave him be, we have other business to take care of. We still need to decide what path to take.”

Asher brought out the plate of metal and used magic to inscribe, “There is, perhaps, a lesser chance of encountering another patrol if we progress down the path that the wardens emerged from, for the patrols here seem to be uncommon; the groups that patrol; small.” He ran out of space on his tablet, so he continued using the wall. “People might be attracted to this place if the wardens were supposed to meet at a certain place at a certain time and these two were not accounted for.”

“Yeah, alright, that makes sense.” Artus said as he looked at the two and at the bloody signs of the skirmish that had just happened. As the decision matched her previous observations, Natalia silently agreed. “Let’s get out of here.” Artus finally said, as he walked in through the left corridor. Above the entrance, there was a wooden plank, that read “ Hall B – Prison Chamber 1”, in big black letters. Artus looked at the plank and then turned to the group, but didn’t say anything. OK, why did he do that? He’s been acting a bit weird lately. Is the prison getting to him already? I really hope we reach the exit soon, before someone loses their mind. As they walked down the Hall for a few minutes, the hall suddenly split into two ways, a right and left hall. More decisions to make. Some noises could be heard echoing through the halls. At firs Natalia thought it was rumbling from her stomach, as she was getting hungry, but when she listened more closely, she realised they were murmurs and whispers coming from both hallways.

Artus looked down both ways and came to a conclusion. “I don’t think it matter which way we go. I’m certain it just goes around all the way.” He walked into the left corridor. So, it seems our brilliant leader got his confidence back. Let’s just follow him before he gets into trouble. Immediately around the corner there were numerous cells, with steel bars caging whatever was in it. “So this is the prison chamber…” Artus sounded intrigued. “You know, I thought it would be more darker.” For some reason Artus was strangely curious about the cells. He walked up to the closest one and looked inside. Natalia wasn’t interested at all, she just carried on walking hoping Artus would get the message that she wanted to get away from the cells as soon as possible.

Artus was focused on the cell’s interior and his conversation with the prisoner that followed, so she didn’t even notice Natalia. Upon realising that, she returned to him to drag him away, but at that time he seemed to lost interest in the prisoner. “Let’s go, we don’t have time to help them.” I know. That’s why I didn’t stop to stare at a random prisoner. She was getting more and more annoyed with Artus’ behaviour, but this wasn’t the time and place to start a fight with him, so she just managed not to say anything. As Artus finally walked further down the hall, they came to a staircase. “See what did I tell you guys? It goes all the way around. It’s a good thing I know what I’m doing, otherwise we’d be screwed.” Artus seemed to be really pleased with himself, but Natalia didn’t share his opinion.

They climbed the staircase and came to the surface. There was a large stone bridge that connected to a small tower, from their side. The tower was narrow, and made of blue colored bricks. The skies were covered with grey clouds, and a few small raindrops could be seen falling towards the ground. Far below them the river was bending in and around the prison. Finally, fresh air! Natalia was relieved to be out again and her stress levels immediately started to decrease.

“Watch out!” Artus’ voice interrupted her moment of relaxation. They may have been on the surface, but they were still inside the prison walls as a fireball flying just past them and exploding at the wall proved. The source of the fire spell was a trio of guards quickly approaching them. “I’ll go for the one on the right.” Artus quickly said to the group, and then proceeded to run up to the warden with a swing of his sword.

Natalia followed him as soon as she drew her swords. I need to get closer, I don’t have any strong ranged attacks. Asher is probably in no condition to fight, so we’re at a numerical disadvantage. I can’t afford to hold back. As Artus engaged the guard on the right, Natalia enveloped herself with mana and formed a Whirlwind Cloak. It was just in time as well. A jet of water coming from the middle guard was deflected a few inches in front of her chest. While it didn’t push it back as it otherwise would have, it did slow down her progress towards her opponents. I can’t afford to undo my protection, so I have to finish this immediately, so I don’t burn all of my mana reserves. She made a step to the left to get out of the jet’s way and was immediately confronted by the third member of the group of guards.

He swung a dagger towards her head, but was shocked to find it being blown out of his hand when it hit her armour of wind. Natalia grinned at him and wildly slashed him across the chest with both of her swords. The added strength her spell provided to the blow knocked the guard back. He managed to regain his balance, but Natalia was happy to provide him with a kick to the head that knocked him out. He fell to the ground without any signs of consciousness.

Another jet of water came into her, before harmlessly bouncing off her invisible defence. With her standing so close to the edge, it was surely an attempt to make her fall down into the river and to her doom. Natalia ran straight at him, the water jet only slightly slowing her down. She stretched out her right arm and shoved the sword towards the warden’s heart. He managed to form some sort of a water shield, but wasn’t quick enough to block, Natalia’s boosted strike piercing his chest before he could move it in the appropriate position. As the blood rushed out of his chest he slipped off of the weapon that pierced him and fell to the ground.

To Natalia it felt like the time had stopped. As the blood stain on guard’s clothes grew his skin turned pale, his eyes became dark and his groans died down. Only now did Natalia realise what she had done – she killed a man. A wave of emotions rushed through her head. She didn’t know how to feel, at the same time she felt pride, relief, satisfaction, horror, remorse, fear... Now I understand what Asher went through not long ago. He was probably also killing for the first time. She fell to her knees because of a combination of physical and mental exhaustion and stopped the Whirlwind Cloak. She let her swords fall to the ground and tears started welling up in her eyes. She just stayed still, unable to move, hoping Artus will manage to defeat the last remaining guard.

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Main Floor
Artus, Asher & Natalia

Damn it… Artus stepped back as the warden readied himself to launch another Fire-elemented spell. Artus knew that since his natural affinity was Lightning, Fire elemented attacks would be hard to counter against. Suddenly, the warden shot out a ball of fire that shot forward like a bullet. Using his wits, he quickly concentrated and set up his Barrier, successfully deflecting the attack. With a swift side-step, he ran up to the warden and swung his sword, clashing with his foe’s. The warden quickly freed one of his hands from his sword, and grabbed Artus by the shirt near his shoulder, and attempted to shake him off and lose his balance. This guy’s an idiot… It was clear he was trying to shove him off of the bridge, however he was no match for Artus, pound for pound. He gave the warden a swift jab to the face, letting go of his grip on Artus, and stepping back in pain, grasping in nose. Artus looked back to see how the others were doing, and saw Natalia holding her ground against the other two wardens. Alright, they’re fine. As he looked back at the warden, he seemed to had shaken off the hit from Artus, but it nose was clearly bloody.

“I’ve had enough of this….” The man suddenly threw his sword off of the bridge and raised both of his hands. They immediately lit up with a bright, red light, and he started to launch fireballs at Artus. What? They’re smaller? Artus turned his body to the side and tried to run towards the warden while attempting to avoid the balls of flame. They were smaller in size than the ones before, around the size of an average fist. However, he was able to shoot them out faster. As a diversion, Artus threw his sword at the warden, who got fazed and moved out of the way. Artus used this opening and quickly jammed his fist into the stomach of the warden, and released his thunderbolt spell. This particular warden was wearing a thin steel body plate, which cracked, and shattered from the impact of the attack. After a small explosion of smoke, the warden got knocked backwards to the ground, knocking him out clean.

That spell is not even supposed to be for that close ranged…Artus looked at his hand, which was throbbing with pain, and felt like it was going numb. That was the second time he had used this spell for an attack that close ranged, and it was annoying him how much knockback it had on not only his foes, but himself as well. As he walked past the unconscious warden, he picked up his sword and turned around, to see that the other wardens were on the ground as well. However, he also saw Natalia, on her knees on the ground, with her swords beside her. As he got closer, he saw that she was nearly crying, her eyes all teary. Oh man…don’t tell me Natalia got hurt as well… Artus picked up the pace to the two. Artus was getting worried about the group. First Asher managed to sustain an injury from the Centipede, not to mention fight three enemies alone, and now if Natalia is injured, then that leaves just me.

“Hey, are you hurt?” He said calmly, sheathing his sword. He didn’t notice any sort of marks, burns, or cuts so he wasn’t sure what was the problem. …We really don’t have time for this… He looked around and saw the two wardens she was fighting, and one of them was a bloody mess. She defeated them…I don’t see what’s wrong. He bent down to her level, and tried to comfort her. “Natalia…you need a break?” Artus personally didn't want to take any breaks, but he also didn't want to fatigue the group. However, looking at their current situation, perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a few minutes to recuperate.