• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tale of Heroes - Part 1: Reign of Diaz (PG:14)

thesilverwolf

Galvez Prison
Fabian, Coelnar, Ethan, Keres, and Jasper

Jasper beckoned the group to follow him. Coelnar was near the front and Fabian close behind him.

“A natural born leader, I see.” Fabian said to Coelnar. He is the more sensible of the bunch. Fabian noticed Undine step out from the shadows. Oh! I forgot about her. Jasper lead the group around the many twist and turns of the labyrinth, but it seemed like they were walking in circles.

“Are you sure you know where you’re going?” Fabian asked with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“I think so.” Jasper said unsure. “The last time I tried to escape it was this way.”

“Good grief, it smells awful. Keres?” Fabian said, implying it was Keres. The smell was distinct, and it was familiar. It was the smell of death.

“That’s the smell of the beast that I spoke of.” Jasper told the group. “We must move quickly.”

Jasper hurried his steps. They made one final turn and arrived at the gate that Jasper spoke of. It was made of stone and had many symbols etched into it.

“Alright, so what do I have to do?” Fabian asked eagerly. He was ready to get out of this prison. He walked over to inspect the gate.

“Well, the last time I was here. There were many different birds on the gate that followed a specific order.” Jasper said.

“Like a password?”

“Yeah, but now that I look at it…it is different now, like it has reset itself.” Jasper said while inspecting the gate along with Fabian. “I think someone has used it recently. I have no idea what these symbols are hinting at.”

Fabian let out a sigh of agitation. Great. He took a deep breath and looked closely at the symbols. They seemed to be going in an arc. The first symbol was tree, followed by a blank space, next was a wolf, then another blank space, and finally a worm. Fabian pondered this riddle. It’s in a certain order. What comes between a wolf and a tree? What’s missing? I feel like I have encountered this before… After some time, Fabian noticed something else. Between each symbol and blank space were chain links. Chains? What does this mean…” Just then, Fabian stomach began to rumble a bit, it was almost painful. I haven’t eaten anything in a while. Fabian eyes widened as he snapped his fingers as he got an idea. Food chain! He placed his hand on the gate and began to concentrate all of his magic into the point of contact. The gate began to glow with an eldritch light that illuminated the passage. The blank spaces began transforming into symbols.

There was a bone rattling roar that wasn’t too far away. The smell of death was much stronger now.

“Uh, you mind hurrying Jasper?!” asked, fear lined his words. “I think its coming!”

The light faded leaving the chain to now show a tree, an antelope, a wolf, a hunter, and finally the worm. The gate began to rumble before sending a painful jolt into Fabian’s hand. He snatched his hand away and watched as the antelope changed back into a blank space.

“Damn…” Fabian muttered. He placed his hand back onto the gate. The gate was illuminated once again. This time, the space changed into a deer instead of an antelope. The gate rumbled once again, simultaneously, the beast roared. It was very close, now. Fabian gagged from the odor. The light faded as the gate began to slide open, slowly. It was wide enough for them to fit through, but only them.

“M-m-move it! I don’t want to die.” Jasper commanded them. The beasts gleaming eyes could be seen in the dim light, but that was all that could be seen. It roared again. It’s hot breath caused Fabian to shudder

“Go ahead, I’ll hold it off.” Undine shouted from the shadows. She stepped forth, threw her cloak to the ground and pulled out her pistols. Fabian slipped through the door, following Jasper, everyone else followed except Undine. The gate began to close, faster than it opened. Fabian watched as Undine fired her guns at the beast. The gate closed and the gunfire ceased. There was a silence among the group, but that silence was broken by the sound of bones cracking. Fabian grimaced at the sound. She…saved us.

“We have to get moving.” Fabian said solemnly. “Sadly, time is not on our side.”

D

Deleted member 300066

Ethan Daggett: Post 22

Ethan Daggett
Galvez Dungeon

The group soon arrived at the gateway. There was some kind of puzzle. Ethan didn’t like puzzles. Thankfully, Fabian stood up to the task and approached the door. It contained multiple images of animals with chains linking them together. Ethan didn’t quite pay attention to Fabian’s puzzling, he was keeping focused on the corridors for attackers.

The beasts roars began to sound. It was near deafening. Ethan wasn’t sure if it was just really close, or really loud. Either way Ethan didn’t want to meet it.
“You almost done there?!” He shouted impatiently as the beasts footsteps began to near. Jasper grabbed Ethan’s coat and hid behind him, Ethan quickly brushed him away, however. A pair of glowing eyes could be seen in the light. Ethan turned from the beast and hurried under the door. The others followed, except Undine.
“Go ahead, I’ll hold it off!” She commanded, it was too late to save her. She managed to distract the beast long enough with her gunshots for the gate to close fully. Ethan listened behind the gate. He heard a few slashes, the sound of dropping liquid and then a scream. The scream didn’t last for long. Silence. A little bit of blood began to seep under the stone door.
“We have to get moving.” Fabian said. “Sadly, time is not on our side.”

Ethan knew Fabian was right. It was a damn shame that Undine had to die, but if not her, it would have had to have been someone else. Why not Jasper? Nobody cares about Jasper. Ethan also knew that loss was inevitable in their journey. Who next though? Artus? Coelnar? Natalia? They would have to be careful from now.

Ethan observed their surroundings. It looked like some sort of large storage room. Their were crates messily littered about the room, along with brooms and some barrels. Ethan inspected the contents of some of the barrels and crates. All he could find was old, rotten fruit. On the open seas you had to get used to eating bad food, but these were essentially inedible. The room looked as if it hadn’t been used in years, save for a set of three footprints. On the dusty ground.
“Hey. Guys.” Ethan said as he knelt down and looked at the footprints, one set had small traces of mud in it “I think the others have made it through here.”

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Natalia Denar
Galvez Prison

The noises of fiery explosions and lightning were filling the air. Natalia, however was oblivious to all this and remained motionless with a brain that apparently stopped working. She stared blankly at a point just in front of her knees. Eventually, the fighting noises died down and Natalia sensed a figure looming over her.

“Hey, are you hurt?” Natalia heard a familiar voice. Natalia was barely aware of the meaning of those words and was unable to find a name to go to the voice. She managed to move her eyes and focused her them on the person who bent down to her level. “Natalia…you need a break?” asked the friendly voice.

She managed to recognise the combination of the face and the voice and slowly replied. “Natalia...” she whispered. “You never call me that...” She made a long pause and looked far into the distance. “It’s horrible, you know... this feeling.” Natalia paused once more and put her hands on her knees. “I’ve never killed before... I’m not sure I can handle it...” Natalia wasn’t really aware of what was going on; she just kept saying everything that went through her mind. “I should’ve stayed at home... This life isn’t for me...” She leaned against Artus and burst into tears for about half a minute before calming down. “I’m so tired...”

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Galvez Prison
Asher Ikakois

“Yeah, alright, that makes sense,” Artus said. He looked around, taking in the sight of the blood on the floor, Asher, and the dead bodies. “Let’s get out of here.” He headed towards the left entrance, which had a sign hanging over the beginning that had, in big black bold letters, “Hall B – Prison Chamber 1.” Asher believed that they were just getting more and more lost. Artus thought for a moment and turned back to the group, perhaps having realized that the group may run into more prison wardens who were watching over the captives if they headed into that corridor. He continued walking.

The path reached a fork in the road, but they appeared to be curved. “I don’t think it matter which way we go. I’m certain it just goes around all the way,” Artus said, possibly being correct about directions this time. He again took the left path, and Asher noted that he liked going left, which was sometimes right. Asher could hear slight murmurs of others, but he figured that it would be appropriate for a “Prison Chamber” to have prisoners; he wished that those mumblings were not from, or accompanied by, any more prison wardens. They went ‘round the corner and emerged in a hallway that was lined with metal cells. “So this is the prison chamber…” he said, slightly surprised.

’You don’t say.’ Even Asher had a limit to tolerating idiocy. The cavern was certainly driving them slowly but surely insane, as evidenced by his killing of a person. He had not meant to, but he acted in the heat of the moment. Normally, if he attempted to stab someone, then he would be physically prevented from doing—he would be paralyzed until he no longer felt the urge to harm that person.

“You know, I thought it would be more darker,” Artus remarked. Asher brought his right hand’s palm up to his forehead and nearly smacked his forehead. He longed to hit his head to clear it of the complicated and perhaps violent emotions he was feeling for Artus, but he supposed that acquiring brain damage would not benefit the group.

’…That’s not correct. You can’t ‘more’ an ‘er’, no matter what you’re trying to describe. It’s worse than the attack of the thing that resemble that thing that does this thing,’ Asher, admittedly, was more than a mere bit of a stickler for obeying the rules, and the conventions of grammar did not escape that piece of personality.

Artus inspected the cell, and was greeted by the sight of a prisoner. He was slightly saner than Biff was, but that was a really low standard, but he appeared injured. Asher felt sympathy for him, but he needed to conserve his mana reserve to when they had to inevitably fight again. “Please…don’t hurt me…,” the prisoner begged, cowering. Asher resolved to free the captives once the General was disposed of.

“We’re not gonna hurt you,” Artus said, reassuring the man. He could do nothing now, so he said, “Let’s go, we don’t have time to help them.” Asher thought that if they had the time to reassure him, then they had time to free the prisoners. He considered it again and realized that freeing the prisoners, even with his ability to absorb metal, would take far too long and the group would certainly be involved in another small fight with the prison wardens. Natalia quietly watched Artus, in equal parts vexed and enraged.

The group continued along the path, passing by the many cells. As Artus had predicted, the right and left paths reunited at the end of the cells. “See what did I tell you guys? It goes all the way around. It’s a good thing I know what I’m doing, otherwise we’d be screwed,” Artus said, lying through his teeth. He did not know what he was doing. He seemed strangely pleased with himself, as if the group would come to ruin if Asher or Natalia led.

The staircase at the end of the corridor led outside, for which Asher was thankful. Humans needed to see the sky, but he would be fine with living below ground; the outside would, he hoped, defuse the tension and calm the group. The staircase had led to a large stone bridge that connected a narrow tower with blue bricks and the tower that the party had emerged from. The sky was overcast, so Asher was partially worried that it was going to rain and partly glad that their silhouettes would be more difficult to identify against a dark sky. Below them, the river surrounding the prison flowed, and they could see the tops of several buildings. “What the…” Artus said, possibly wondering how the staircases could have led them up that far.

’We are quite elevated, so it would be no great challenge for a sudden gust of wind to knock us off the ledge and be fatal; although, the ground below is stone, so would I go “splat” as well? Being dirt solidified, I would shatter, but would the pieces of me not become of the ground as well? That question is akin to the one of “can dirt get dirty?”’ Asher was lost in thought until Artus interrupted his winding tracks of thought by alerting the group to a trio of approaching wardens.

“I’ll go for the one on the right,” Artus said as a ball of fire came flying past the group. It exploded on the wall, but a few flames licked Asher’s skin. Natalia and Artus drew their swords and rushed at the enemy. He swung at the warden, but it missed and another fireball was prepared.

’My hand still needs repair before it becomes fully functional, and the injury from the centipede requires attention before I begin to bleed internally,’ Asher thought, as he ducked to avoid a fireball. ’Why am I thinking without emotion about the wardens? They are living beings, so where is the problem? Artus and Natalia need my help, so why am I standing here?’ He retreated back into the frame of the entrance, vowing to keep the group safe from sneak attacks.

Natalia surrounded herself in a small cyclone and moved forward. A jet of water from the middle warden was halted just before it hit her, but it did slow down her progress. The stream of water continued until she dodged to the left. She could not immediately confront the middle warden, as the warden who had not yet moved swung his dagger at her. The wind around Natalia swiftly removed the dagger from the warden’s grip. She swung both of her swords at him, the sheer force of the blows enough to knock him back. While in the process of the recovery, the warden was kicked unconscious by Natalia.

As she was near the ledge, another blast of water attempted to knock Natalia over. The wind guarded her and assisted her in rushing the guard. She plunged her sword into his heart, ignoring his feeble attempt to deflect it with a shield of water. The body gushed blood from the wound as it toppled backwards, freeing Natalia’s weapon.

She appeared shocked, adrenaline no longer powering her. The blood spilled onto the stone from the fallen warden, but its flow slowed when he finally died. Realizing what she had done, Natalia fell to her knees, shocked. ’I had the strength to stand after killing, but I am older and have seen people killed before. Accidents sometimes happened during magical experiments, and the aftermath was often something from nightmares.’ Natalia’s swords clattered on the ground as they fell, and tears soon followed their path. ’I felt nearly nothing after killing…I am that far removed from human emotions? No, soon afterward I felt immense remorse; could the core have something to do with it?’

The last warden launched a fireball at Artus, who deflected it with a shield of his own. Artus rushed the warden, and they fought with their swords for a while, until the warden decided to try and shove Artus off the ledge of the bridge. Artus was clearly heavier, and hit the warden in the face. The warden clutched at his nose while Artus glanced back at Asher and Natalia.

The warden said, “I’ve had enough of this…,” and threw his sword off the bridge. Unless his next moves succeeded, it was an almost-certain suicide. He raised his hands, which began to glow a brilliant red. Many fireballs were flung at Artus, each the size of a closed fist. Artus dodged the fireballs as he once again ran towards the warden. Seeing as coming close to him would involve getting hit with a fireball, Artus threw his sword at the warden, which startled him enough to allow a momentary opening. Artus took advantage of that, ran up to the warden and punched the warden in the stomach; letting off a Thunderbolt, Artus knocked the warden out cold.

’Eh? Has he been injured by his own spell?’ Artus was clutching his hand as if it hurt. ’Oh. It must be like shocking oneself with electricity—he is not alone in the group in having felt that sensation. I must admit—even though my creator provided me with the vocabulary and basic knowledge of the world, only that would never make up for learning from mistake. How was I to know that electricity is painful to play with?’

“Hey, are you hurt?” Artus asked Natalia, worried for her more than Asher would have thought that he would have been, judging from his past behavior. Artus leaned down to ask her, trying not to be threatening. “Natalia…you need a break?”

Natalia was shaking and barely coherent, but she managed to say, “Natalia...you never call me that....” She paused to look far away, into the distance, but she did not calm down. “It’s horrible, you know... this feeling,” she said, and put her hands on her knees.

’Ah, that feeling. It hurts physically, doesn’t it?’ Asher had felt it before, and had even collapsed from it. Just because he had never killed, other than that warden, it did not mean that he had not seen death before, so he had been able to handle it better than Natalia had. ’She grew up privileged, did she not? Then seeing a dead body that has not been cleaned up for a funeral would be somewhat of a miracle. I am taking death so lightly again. No…I felt sorrow for that wolf, but not the humans.’

“I’ve never killed before... I’m not sure I can handle it...,” Natalia confessed. She seemed to be babbling at this point, but Asher empathized with her—he did not desire to fight, and killing even that one person had left him rather drained and feeling rather numb. “I should’ve stayed at home... This life isn’t for me...” she said, and leaned against Artus, crying. It lasted for a minute, but she somehow managed to gain enough control to speak again. “I’m so tired...,” she said.

’We cannot leave her here. The wardens will awaken unless they sustained major damage, so we have to motivate her or move to somewhere safe. Only one is a viable option, for nowhere in this prison is safe. Yet how…?’ Asher had reached a mental block, which was not helped by the memory of killing the other warden that was clamoring for attention.

’Would food help? It may give her something else to concentrate on.’ He reached into his bag with his right hand, searched around, and pulled out a piece of jerky wrapped in paper. He peeled back the paper and sniffed the meat to ascertain that it was still edible. He walked over to by Natalia, sat down, and extended his right hand to offer her the jerky.

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Main Floor
Artus, Asher & Natalia

Artus stared for a few moments, as Natalia slowly started to speak. “Natalia…” She whispered. “You never call me that…” Artus raised his head a little bit in shock, as he also realized it was the first time he had called her that. The way she spoke made him feel guilty inside, knowing he had been calling her ‘Nat’ this entire time. He was fairly certain it was just a little nickname, but apparently he had thought wrong. She then put her hands on her knees. “I’ve never killed before…I’m not sure I can handle it…” Artus continued to look, and didn’t speak. You’d think she’d be calmer about this whole situation… Artus remembered the previous incident with her and Keres, and remembered how Natalia had threatened to ‘end’ him. Not to mention, the whole theme of death didn’t seem to bother her much, until now, when she experienced killing someone. I guess this whole thing has finally kicked in… Artus thought, looking back at the dead warden. “I should have stayed at home…This life isn’t for me…” She suddenly leaned against Artus and started to cry. Artus was surprised, but let her stay there to collect herself. He honestly didn’t mind it, and to him, he was more surprised than anything to see her in this state, and it was kind of cute. After about half a minute, she finally calmed down. “I’m so tired…” Artus sighed out of relief and smiled at her, as Asher came over and offered her a piece of what seemed to be jerky. As tempting as it is…I shouldn’t take it. Artus was hungry as well, but seeing as how the meat was offered to Natalia, it would be rude to take a bite out of it.

He put his arm around Natalia and gave her a sort of ‘half-hug’ to try and make her feel better, instead of with both arms to avoid an awkward moment. “You know…maybe this life isn’t for any of us.” He looked at Asher giving a warm smile, and then looked back at Natalia. “If you ask me, we're all in this situation because we care about something or someone, and we were willing to come this far to accomplish our goals. I mean, what would your parents think if they heard you fought against Diaz's forces, and won? I think they'd be proud.” Artus tried to motivate her a little bit to get her back on track. “Besides, if you stayed home, how were we going to get your family estate back? I’m pretty sure that I promised I would help you, and I intend to keep that promise.” He continued to smile, and Artus was trying his hardest to not crack a joke in there somewhere. He then gave a short pause and thought of what to say next. “And I think the others won’t mind helping you out either." Artus wasn't completely sure about that last sentence, but he figured it would make her feel better. Artus took his hand off of Natalia and stood up, proceeding to grab her by the hand to pull her up. He waited a few moments before speaking again.

For some reason this prison has the ability to make people do weird things… First I was behaving out of hand in the chambers, and now Asher and Natalia have been going on a killing spree…and to top it off it seems like they’re having a sort of breakdown…and as for me...nah I'm perfect. He looked back at Natalia. He didn’t say anything else, avoiding the risk of saying something stupid that may ruin the moment.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Keres Adrastea
Galvez Prison

“A natural born leader, I see.” Fabian said to Coelnar, as he took initiative for the gruops actions. Good. Keres thought. I do not want to lead this horde of sheeps. not that they would trust me anyways. “Are you sure you know where you’re going?” he continued, speaking to Jasper. Fabian sounded somewhat irritated. keres understood. He was getting pretty danm tired of the prison himself, and probably wanted to get out just as much as everyone else.
“I think so.” Jasper said unsure. “The last time I tried to escape it was this way.” Oh good. He's getting us lost, isn't he? keres thought, getting frustrated himself.

Fabian then suddenly said, “Good grief, it smells awful. Keres?”, ripping Kees out of his dream-like comatose state when he was following the others. "Huh?" He reacted, smelling the air. It was full of the familiar stench of rotten flesh and bones. "Oh, someone's obviously dead up ahead." He said sarcasticly. “That’s the smell of the beast that I spoke of.” Jasper said, sounding like a scared child. "The monster is death?" Keres said, confused. “We must move quickly.”
, Jasper continued.

After hasting their steps a bit, the small group came across a door of stone with several inscriptions on it. “Alright, so what do I have to do?” Fabian asked eagerly, obviously wanting to solve it, making him look awesome for the rest of the group. After this, a discussion went on with Fabian and Jasper about what to do about the door

“Yeah, but now that I look at it…it is different now, like it has reset itself."
“I think someone has used it recently. I have no idea what these symbols are hinting at.”

Keres really didn't care about the door, but it seemed Fabian was able to understand its riddles and unlock it. It appeared someone had recently used it. Perhaps the others were here? Maybe they're the dead stench in the air? Hopefully not. Natalia shall not die under any other circumstances other than my blade!

Soon after, the group could hear a roar somewhere nearby, and the stench of death was geting closer and stronger. “Uh, you mind hurrying Jasper?! I think its coming!”
Fabian said, sounding a bit scared. This isn't good. Keres thought. he readied his crystal orb and his claws, anticipating that a battle were about to take place. Now, stuff was getting intense! Fabian and jasper got really impatient with the door, and the apparent monster appeared to get closer and closer for every try they did with the door. Suddenly, the door decided to open, only letting the small group through.

“M-m-move it! I don’t want to die.” Jasper said in panic as he saw the monsters big glowing eyes in the distance. It was moving towards them, but the door was now open, and they could slip through if they were fast enough.

“Go ahead, I’ll hold it off.” Undine suddenly shouted from somewhere in the shadows. What the.. when did she get here?. She stepped ahead of them and readied herself for battle, throwing away her coat and readying her pistols. The group took this oppertunity to slip through the door. Keres didn't care about Undine's sacrifice, and hurried through the door. It closed behind them, and they could hear Undine shooting at the beast, before the shooting was replaced by cracking bones. Fabian grimaced by the sound, and looked visually shocked. "Better her than one of us" Keres said, with no hint of any emotion in his voice. “We have to get moving.” Fabian said solemnly. “Sadly, time is not on our side.”

The group then found themself in a room that looked a lot like a storrage room. Nobody was really saying anything, as they were probably shocked by Undine's sacrifice. The roomw as full of grates and brooms. Probably a room ment for some sort of personell. “Hey. Guys.” Ethan then suddenly said, breaking the silence. “I think the others have made it through here.” Keres looked at the floor and saw several footsteps that went on further into the room. "Excellent!" Keres said optimistic. "Then there is no further use for you!". He turned over to Jasper, who had seriously gotten on his nerves now, and slashed his throat in a neat line with his claws.Jasper didn't really get much time to react before he sunk to the ground like a bag of potatoes that leeked all over the floor with blood.

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Natalia Denar
Galvez Prison

Artus put an arm around Natalia in an attempt to comfort her. “You know…maybe this life isn’t for any of us.” During Artus’ pause Natalia wiped her tears away with a sleeve. “If you ask me, we're all in this situation because we care about something or someone, and we were willing to come this far to accomplish our goals. I mean, what would your parents think if they heard you fought against Diaz's forces, and won? I think they'd be proud. Besides, if you stayed home, how were we going to get your family estate back? I’m pretty sure that I promised I would help you, and I intend to keep that promise.” Natalia was delighted to hear that. In fact, she almost smiled for a moment in spite of the state she was in. “And I think the others won’t mind helping you out either." Artus stood up, taking his hand off of Natalia in the process. He then grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet. He seemed like he was going to say something else, but he remained silent.

“Thank you.” Natalia answered with a shaking voice. “I didn’t want to worry you. I’ll be OK. I just need time to get over it.” Only then did she notice a piece of meat Asher was holding out towards her. She reached out and tore off a piece. “Thank you too, Asher.” she said to her other companion before she put it into her mouth. It didn’t taste particularly good, but it would help her with hunger. I’ll need quite some time to digest those emotions, but I must remain strong on the outside. I might treat those two better, seeing how helpful they were. As much as I hate that I had a breakdown in public, I’m glad they were the ones to witness it and not Keres.

After chewing and swallowing that piece of meat Natalia turned to Asher and Artus. “I really appreciate what you did to help me.” She made a short pause as her voice was on the verge of breaking. Now I really consider you as my friends. She was considering saying that out loud, but decided against it. “I just hope we get out of here soon.”

SteelKing 2012

An Iron Fist
Coelnar Ellidyn
Galvez Prison

Coelnar followed Jasper at the front of the group, and the others were close behind, Undine coming out of the shadows. She hadn't spoken since entering the tunnels. Fabian was the closest, and he looked at Coelnar. "A natural born leader, I see." he commented. Coelnar looked at him, with a wry smile and a shake of the head. "It certainly doesn't feel like it." he said in reply. "Though with our group, I suppose it would be hard for anyone to take charge." Fabian appeared content with his answer, and they continued in silence for what seemed like hours. Eventually, Fabian said what they were all thinking.

"Are you sure you know where we're going?" he asked Jasper, sounding irritated. Jasper looked back, and didn't seem sure. Don't tell me he really is insane. Coelnar thought, giving Jasper a look. Jasper answered after a few moments of hesitation, and, of course, failed to restore the group's confidence. "I don't know. The last time I tried to escape it was this way."

Coelnar sighed. "I'm starting to think the wasn't a great idea." he muttured. Still, it was hardly as if they had any other hopes, and they were better off following Jasper than just wandering by themselves. "Maybe we could have left something to mark where we'd been or something.. Too late now." he continued. Suddenly, an awful smell hit him. He recognized it. It was a sickly, rotten smell, that seemed to seep into everything.

Fabian looked disgusted. "Good grief, it smells awful." he said. "Keres?" He said. Apparently annoying the necromancer was the groups favorite pastime. It smells like that cave where we fought that bug.. All those corpses.. that was the smell. The stench of death and decay. "There's something here.." Coelnar said, unsheathing his axe. Better to be ready. He saw a look of terror on Jasper's face. He said something about the beast. The beast that Coelnar hadn't believed in, of course. I wonder whether I should start taking what people tell us more seriously.. He shook his head, as they turned a corner, and reached a stone door with symbols inscribed on it.

Jasper seemed confused. He looked at Fabian, and they started discussing something. Coelnar couldn't catch the exact words, but he got the gist of it. The symbols had apparently changed since he'd last been there. Coelnar normally wouldn't mind waiting, but the smell was getting stronger, and he could hear noises in the distance. There were a coulple of torches mounted on the wall, and crates, which Ethan appeared to be checking with no success. Coelnar decided to take a precaution, and grabbed one of the torches from the wall. It could certainly be helpful if they ran into an unlit corridor or the like.

When he looked back, Fabian and Jasper appeared to be close to cracking the door open, but he could hear loud, thimping footsteps, and suddenly a vicious roar echoed through the halls. The symbols were changing on the door, but slowly, far too slowly."Uh, you mind hurrying Jasper?" Fabian said, sounding scared. Coelnar braced himself for whatever was coming, as Fabian snatched his hand away from the door. "Damn.." he muttered, before focusing on the door again, which started changing. The footsteps were getting closer, and they seemed to be speeding up.

Jasper appeared to be on the verge of complete panic. "M-m-move it!" he stuttured, just as some kind of.. Thing came around the corner. Coelnar saw nothing except a pair of cruelly gleaming eyes in the darkness.

"Go ahead, I'll hold it off." Coelnar turned to see Undine stepping out of the shadows, as the door opened. She had her pistols in her hands, and proceeded to shoot at the beast, which lunged at her as she fired. Coelnar gave one last look, and headed through the gate. It closed behind them, and the gunfire abruptly ceased. There was the sound of a gun clattering to the floor, then an awful crunching sound, followed by a bloodcurdling scream. Coelnar winced, turning away from the door as a faint trickle of blood flowed underneath it. He looked around the room, hoping to take his mind off of it. It looked like some kind of storage room, full of brooms, and grates.

"We have to get moving." Fabian said. "Sadly, time is not on our side." Coelnar gave a solemn nod. He looked over at Ethan, who was examining the ground. "I think the others have made it through here." he said to them, standing up. Keres sounded exceptionally happy as he turned to Jasper. "Excellent! Then there is no further use for you!" he said, and slashed Jasper's throat. That callous-

Coelnar pushed Keres against the wall, and looked him in the face. "Keres, don't you realize what you're doing?" he snarled. "Undine sacrificed herself to save all of us, and you go and do that?" He let him go, fully aware that he was probably making an enemy. "I don't know what you think this is, or why you even came here." he said, deadly quiet. "But life isn't a game, something you can just end at will. You disgust me. No emotion, no empathy, and a callous disregard for life. You're no better than the beast." he said, calm as could be.

"Well, Fabian's right." Coelnar said, in a voice that was calm, but tinged with sorrow, and righteous anger. "We need to get moving. If that beast breaks through the door, or we die in here.. Then that'll have been for nothing, you know.." he said. "And you.." he said, looking at Keres. "Just watch yourself, understand? I doubt I'm the only one that'd be happy to part your head from your shoulders."

D

Deleted member 300066

Ethan Daggett
Storage Room near Maze
Galvez Prison

Ethan watched in shock as Keres sliced Jaspers neck. His head hung on a thin piece of flesh and his body then dropped to the ground.

“Excellent! Then there’s no further use for you!” Keres shouted as he cut the throat. This was the closest thing Ethan had heard to Keres showing glee. Ethan didn’t like Jasper much, but this was getting too out of hand. Before Ethan could react, Coelnar shoved Keres into a wall.

"Keres, don't you realize what you're doing?" He growled angrily, Ethan was impressed, he watched silently.
"Undine sacrificed herself to save all of us, and you go and do that?" Coelnar released Keres and calmed himself. "I don't know what you think this is, or why you even came here." Coelnar’s was far less angry now, Coelnar seemed to have quite good self-control. "But life isn't a game, something you can just end at will. You disgust me. No emotion, no empathy, and a callous disregard for life. You're no better than the beast."

Ethan looked over Keres. The group couldn’t go on with such a large risk among them. A man, no, a boy, happy to kill anybody who wasn’t of any use to him. Who would be next? Coelnar hadn’t given Keres enough of a scare, telling him off wasn't enough. Ethan had to keep Keres in check.

Ethan walked briskly towards Keres and drew his pistol. Ethan lunged his hand towards Keres collar and grabbed it. Ethan held the cold metal of his pistol to Keres' forehead.

“Listen up you dirty bilge rat.” He growled aggressively, looking Keres dead in the eye “You pull another move like that and I swear to god I will blow you damn head off and cut you from crotch to sternum” He readjusted his aim and put his finger on the trigger. "I won't think twice." Ethan awaited a response.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Keres Adrastea
Galvez Prison.. Still

Jasper sank to the ground and made a fine little pool of blood so that Keres had to jump a few steps away. God what a mess! Reminder: Find another cleaner way to kill he thought as he started to notice the rest of the group. Colenar and Ethan seemed upset over something. Probably the fact that Keres killed the guy right in front of them. Why are they staring? It wasn't them I killed, and jasper won't be missed.. What?. Struggeling to understand the logic of the situation, Colenar made a move by pushing Keres against the wall.

"Keres, don't you realize what you're doing?" Colenar snapped, visibly angry. "Undine sacrificed herself to save all of us, and you go and do that?" He calmed himself down a bit and released Keres. "I don't know what you think this is, or why you even came here. But life isn't a game, something you can just end at will. You disgust me. No emotion, no empathy, and a callous disregard for life. You're no better than the beast." What the... I don't understand this guy!
After finally calming down, Keres couldn't even breathe before Ethan was over him. “Listen up you dirty bilge rat.” Ethan sounded a bit more angry that Colenar did, but all it did was to confuse Keres even more. “You pull another move like that and I swear to god I will blow you damn head off and cut you from crotch to sternum”. He had his gun pointed at Keres head, and Keres knew that any other individual would be paralyzed by fear now, but he just got angry.
Awaiting Keres to react, Ethan held his finger at the trigger. Keres released a big sigh. "Man, what a drag! Won't you two shut up already?" He danced his way out of Ethans gunpoint and stood over the body of Jasper. "Don't you get it? I don't care. I don't care about your little pirate-issue, or your little friend". He kicked Jaspers lifless body, and he rolled a few feet towards Ethan and Colenar. "All I care about, is to regain my memories, and I am willing to remove all obstacles in my path, even if it means eliminating the two of you!" He raised his voice and pointed at them with one of his claws. "Besides, who's the big bad guy here? All I do is minding my own buisness, and you two start threatening me?" He was really angry now, and he felt a bit of relief, yet confusion. This was entirely new to him, but he continued: "So please, stop annoying me, or I will personally make sure that you'll suffer the same fate as that stupid little girl!" he said, pointing towards the door that seperated them from the monster and Undine.

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Main Floor
Artus, Asher & Natalia

Natalia had seemed to be feeling better, wiping away her tears. “Thank you.” She spoke in a shaky voice. “I didn’t want to worry you. I’ll be OK. I just need time to get over it.” She took a piece of jerky from Asher, putting it in her mouth. “Thank you too, Asher. “I really appreciate what you did to help me.” Artus smiled and looked at her. “I just hope we get out of here soon.” With that, Artus took it as a signal that she was back to her normal self.

“Glad to hear. We should probably get a move on.” He stepped near the ledge of the bridge and looked down. He felt slightly woozy looking down, and one gust of wind could easily knock someone off balance if they were standing dangerously close to the edge. He then looked to the side towards the tower. “I’m thinking our best bet is to go in there. If we go back downstairs, we may risk running into other wardens.” Artus put on his more serious tone, than his usual playful self. As he approached the wooden door, he put his hand on hit to try and push it. Darn…it’s locked. Should’ve known. He immediately enveloped his hand in a blue colored mana and released his Thunderbolt spell at the door, making sure to keep it at a fair distance, blowing it up. A burst of smoke covered the area, but was quickly blown away by the wind at their elevation. The door was splintered and scorched black in areas, but it was definitely big enough to get through.

Artus didn’t speak as he walked through the door, entering into a small room. There was a small desk covered with various papers, and some candles. There was also a bookshelf, however it was empty, save for a random apple core lying around. There was a staircase in the corner that led upwards, as well as another staircase on the opposite side leading downwards. “This must be some sort of study…” Artus walked up the desk and noticed several folders each marked with different labels. This one says ‘Logs’…and this next one says ‘Confiscated files: Rank B or Higher Only!’ Artus opened the folder as several sheets of paper came out, falling to the floor. As Artus bent down to pick them up, he observed them closer. “Hey, guys! I think these are some sort of Spell scrolls.” Usually magic that had been mastered completely was recorded by certain people, and could be bought at stores. Although they were usually expensive, not everyone could afford it, and not to mention not everyone can use every kind of magic. So finding these were quite the find. “They look to be a bit bent out of shape though…” He said, trying to straighten out the corners. It was clear they were used or handled carelessly. “We should hang on to these, they’ll come in handy.” He waved the folder around and stuck it out to Asher and Natalia. “Check it out of you want. There's bound to be some good magic recorded in there.” Artus figured they could try and use the scrolls to learn a few new tricks and then sell them afterwards if they were worth anything good.

thesilverwolf

Fabian thought that the worst of their issues were behind them, but that didn’t seem so. He had begun to walk ahead to try and look for some food, but there wasn’t much. His search was interrupted when he heard the sound of steel meeting flesh. The now familiar sound caused Fabian to stop in his tracks, sweat formed on the back of his neck. There was a thud from behind. He took a deep breath before turning around. He saw Jasper’s corpse lying in a pool of blood; his throat slashed open, a trademark of Keres.

The situation in front of him unfolded quickly and violently. Coelnar gave Keres a much needed reprimanding, and Ethan followed up by slamming Keres against the wall, placing his gun against his head and threatening him. Is everyone here quick to anger. Fabian decided that it was his role now to play as mediator and quell the boiling rage. Keres managed to slink out of Ethan’s grasp and went on a tirade that insulted everyone.

Fabian lips were pursed and taut. He wanted to deck Keres across his face, but he decided against it. He was instead made his first move as mediator. He walked over to the three men and said, “This helps us how exactly? Rhetorical question, it doesn’t. Keres you cannot go around unexpectedly slashing throats on a whim. If you need further explanation as to why that’s not okay, I’ll gladly tell you. Ethan, Coelnar please refrain from assaulting others that we have to spend the rest of our travels with. Nothing good will come of it. Keres, if it were not for that stupid girl, your *** would be having your bones minced at this very moment. I can gladly open that door and allow you to meet the same end as Undine.”

Fabian walked closer to Keres and began speaking again, “You have to end this self-destructive behavior. It’s fine if you don’t care about us, because I can say the same about you, but if that is the case you can spare yourself the agony of traveling with us and leave the group. You will accompany me at the front of the group as we making our way out of her. Now, my warning: If you step out of line I will be forced to restrain you. And don’t think that I can’t.”

Fabian pulled out his whip and whisked the ground with it to further cement his threat. Now, let’s go. Fabian continued on down the path, nudging Keres to follow. He tracked the trail leading out, but he halted as heard hasted footsteps and the clank of armor. Four soldiers rounded the corner two of them had swords, one of them had a staff, and another wield a war hammer.

“Told you they were escaping the dungeons!” One soldier shouted. “We have to kill them or we’ll get punished for abandoning our posts!”

The one holding the staff began conjuring a ball of lightning atop the staff and launched at the closest target, Fabian. Fabian spun and dodged the attack and flung his whip over to the magician, wrapping it around his staff. He tugged hard snatching it away. The soldier with the war hammer went for Coelnar. The two with swords headed for Keres and Ethan. Fabian began casting Stone Blast. The Mage Soldier was blasted into the air by the eruption of stones. He came flailing to the ground, land with a harsh bang.

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Natalia Denar
Galvez Prison

“Glad to hear. We should probably get a move on.” Artus once again started leading the group. He made a few steps towards the edge of the bridge and looked down. He didn’t reveal what he was looking for and soon directed his attention to the tower. “I’m thinking our best bet is to go in there. If we go back downstairs, we may risk running into other wardens.” Artus said in a more serious tone than Natalia was used to. She followed Artus to the tower, but the wooden door seemed to be locked as Artus wasn’t able to open it. He was however able to blow it up immediately afterwards with what seemed to be his favourite spell. Looks like had forgotten about my lockpicking skills. To be fair though, his way is faster. I just hope the sound of the explosion won’t attract many guards.

The smoke cleared and revealed the hole in the door, through which they entered the tower. On the other side of the door was a small room. Natalia looked around. There wasn’t much in it, only a desk, which was a mess, and a bookshelf, which was the complete opposite as it was empty. There were also some stairs leading up and down. “This must be some sort of study…” Artus noted as he walked up to the desk. He opened one of the several folders lying on the desk and a couple of sheets of paper fell out of it. Natalia was going to tease him about his clumsiness, but Artus said something that got her full attention. “Hey, guys! I think these are some sort of Spell scrolls. Natalia knew how expensive spell scrolls could be; she had bought a few of them in her life. Most of them proved to be useless for some reason and I couldn’t learn all the spells I wanted. I hope those are genuine. (Natalia doesn’t know about elemental affinities.)

“They look to be a bit bent out of shape though…” Artus continued, trying to straighten out the corners. “We should hang on to these, they’ll come in handy.” He waved the folder around and stuck it out to Asher and Natalia. “Check it out of you want. There's bound to be some good magic recorded in there.” Natalia grabbed the folder and skimmed through the spells. There were some spells whose names caught her attention. Well, even they don’t work, I know some gullible merchants... “Wow, Artus, that’s an excellent discovery! This could prove extremely helpful on my mission.” Natalia offered the folder to Asher. “Have a look.”

Natalia looked at both sets of stairs with a thoughtful look. “I think we should check what’s upstairs first. From there we should be able to get a better idea of where in Galvez we actually are.” She made a short pause and glanced at Asher and Artus to see if they are paying attention. “On top of that, as we are exploring the place without any knowledge about it, it’s likely that our choice of direction turns out wrong. In that case returning back here would probably be easier from the top of the tower than from an underground maze.” Natalia stretched her limbs as they were starting to hurt, while she was waiting for a response.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
((OOC: AJ, you said that it would be acceptable for Asher to find a scroll containing a Fire-aligned attacking spell. Another thing: figured out about the page # decreasing—the max number of posts was indeed increased. A thread with 1,5xx pages went to 1,2xx pages. I typed the majority of this late at night (past midnight), so it might not make sense.))

Galvez Prison
Asher Ikakois

Putting his arm around Natalia, Artus said, “You know…maybe this life isn’t for any of us.” Asher agreed, but he felt that a wiser choice might have been to remain in Kale instead of discovering that now. Natalia wiped her tears away with her sleeve. “If you ask me, we're all in this situation because we care about something or someone, and we were willing to come this far to accomplish our goals. I mean, what would your parents think if they heard you fought against Diaz's forces, and won? I think they'd be proud. Besides, if you stayed home, how were we going to get your family estate back? I’m pretty sure that I promised I would help you, and I intend to keep that promise,” Artus said, with the intention to reassure Natalia. “And I think the others won’t mind helping you out either.” Asher wondered about Keres’ stance on that statement, but he, himself, agreed. He did not know his current purpose, so he supposed that helping Natalia would be a worthy substitute for a command.

“Thank you,” Natalia said, voice still shaking. “I didn’t want to worry you. I’ll be OK. I just need time to get over it.” Asher was unsure of that, seeing as he was still disturbed by the death, but perhaps those younger and more self-confident than him recovered more quickly. She tore off a piece of the jerky that Asher held and said, “Thank you too, Asher,” before starting to chew on it. Asher took the remainder and stuffed it back into his pouch, saving it for when either of the other two needed food to continue.

She finished off the morsel of dehydrated meat and said, “I really appreciate what you did to help me.” She turned to face Asher and Artus, and her voice wavered for a bit. “I just hope we get out of here soon.”

’Yes, that is my wish as well. I wonder, though, if this outburst from Natalia would have ended very differently if Keres had been here instead of Artus or me; although, he probably would have been the first to kill the wardens.’ Asher was glad that Natalia was recovering from her previous state, but he wish that he too could move past the death.

“Glad to hear. We should probably get a move on,” Artus said, anxious to remove the possibility of falling off the bridge. He looked off the bridge and seemed a bit nauseated—Asher wondered if looking off great heights was something that should be difficult for most people. The tower caught his interest and Artus said, “I’m thinking our best bet is to go in there. If we go back downstairs, we may risk running into other wardens.” It was clear that he was considering the others now, as he did not joke around and thought before rushing into unknown buildings. The tower was guarded by a locked door, but Artus was able to destroy it using magic.

’Ah, perhaps his habit of moving without thinking has not disappeared. Natalia has demonstrated that she can pick locks, yet Artus seems to prefer blasting through them himself, possibly alerting the wardens with the noise.’ He was still rather skeptical about Artus’ abilities to restrain himself with things that concerned rushing in versus thinking things through.

When the smoke cleared, the hole in the door was cool enough to climb through and the group entered the tower. The door had led to a small room, in which Asher found several things that would be worthy of his investigation. ’The desk is piled high with files, yet why is the bookshelf empty? Did they clear off the bookshelf just to transfer stuff to the desk, or are the looking for something in the papers on the desk?’ It was a small room for a transition, but the whole of the prison layout made little sense to Asher in the first place, so he was inclined to not comment on the arrangement. ’Is it possible for me to find a blueprint of this prison here? That would prevent us from becoming lost as normal.’

“This must be some sort of study…,” Artus said as he went to examine the papers on the desk. Personally, Asher would have guessed that, in this place, everything was liable to be a trap and so would have poked it with something, like his sword, before drawing near. Opening one of numerous folders on the desk caused a small flurry of papers to drop from Artus’ hands; he looked at them more carefully and proclaimed, “Hey, guys! I think these are some sort of Spell scrolls.” Asher had handled quite a few, as Aime had an extensive library of the ones that no one either wanted to learn as they were life-endangering, or would outright kill because they had booby-trapped; as a non-human that, even if his arm were to be destroyed, he would survive, so he had been assigned to deal with such things.

As he attempted to unfurl the corners, Artus said, “They look to be a bit bent out of shape though….” It upset Asher that they had been mishandled, as he was a bit of a neat freak. “We should hang on to these, they’ll come in handy,” Artus said as he flourished the folder of paper. “Check it out of you want. There's bound to be some good magic recorded in there.” Natalia reached over, grabbed the folder, and browsed its contents, with some catching her attention.

“Wow, Artus, that’s an excellent discovery! This could prove extremely helpful on my mission,” she said, for once praising Artus in earnest. Natalia proffered the folder to Asher, inviting him to examine the spells himself, saying, “Have a look.”

Asher accepted her offer and took the folder, gingerly rifling through the spells.’I supposed that there is no time to peruse and meticulously examine these now, but argh, this is frustrating.’ Even the ever-calm Asher was being affected by the atmosphere and constant battles in the prison. He tucked the spell-folder into one of the compartments in his bag, in a separate pouch from the jerky, for he did not want to be smelling meat jerky into the wee hours of the morning when he had time to study the spells.

“I think we should check what’s upstairs first. From there we should be able to get a better idea of where in Galvez we actually are,” Natalia said, and Asher agreed with her suggestion, but he wondered if they could find the blueprints, or even a simple map, to the prison. She looked Asher and Artus in the eye to ascertain that they were listening. “On top of that, as we are exploring the place without any knowledge about it, it’s likely that our choice of direction turns out wrong. In that case returning back here would probably be easier from the top of the tower than from an underground maze,” she said, resuming her suggestions after her brief pause.

’Is it really true that we know nothing? The lower floor holds the prisoners of middling importance, and this room has items that I would consider important, but they might have a different values system. Strategically, it might be best for the most precious captive, Princess Luna, to be most closely guarded, but they seem to be short on staff. They are still required to clean, eat, and train, so if we sneak in during dinner-time, we might run into fewer- no, I merely desire sustenance.’ Asher was unsure of how to communicate his desires to the others. He searched around his bag and pulled out the slab of metal. Pausing for a moment, he thought of what he should write and came up with no definitive answer. He took a breath and the piece of metal said on it, “I agree with Natalia. Rushing through here without acknowledging that we know next to nothing.” He had run out of room on the slab, and so waited a period of time that he thought was sufficient to read the writing. The words changed, now saying, “is dangerous. Perhaps if we put a small marker that we have been through an area we would be better off.”

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Main Floor
Artus, Natalia & Asher

“Wow, Artus, that’s an excellent discovery! This could prove extremely helpful on my mission.” Natalia took the folder and passed it off to Asher. Artus put on a smirk, as he felt fairly ‘special’ for finding it. But after a while, he realized that it was no big deal, seeing as how it was just lying on his desk. Asher took the folder, and after looking through them he put them in his bag. “I think we should check what’s upstairs first. From there we should be able to get a better idea of where in Galvez we actually are.” Natalia said, and then gave a short pause and glanced at the two boys. “On top of that, as we are exploring the place without any knowledge about it, it’s likely that our choice of direction turns out wrong. In that case returning back here would probably be easier from the top of the tower than from an underground maze.” Artus looked around some more as she stretched her arms and legs.

Asher dug around his bag and pulled his slab of metal, engraving words onto it. “I agree with Natalia. Rushing through here without acknowledging that we know next to nothing.” The sentence suddenly stopped abruptly. Artus stared at Asher for a moment, until suddenly it cleared into another sentence. “is dangerous. Perhaps if we put a small marker that we have been through an area we would be better off.

“Yeah, that makes sense. The top will give us a better view of our location. And if we do end up at a dead end, we can just come back down and try the other staircase.” Artus continued to observe the room, this time opening up drawers in the desk seeing if he could find anything else that would have been of use to them. As he opened the drawers, he found nothing more than a few stationary supplies such as paper and pens. This place looks like it’s already been ransacked…did the others come by here? Artus thought as he observed the rest of the room. “Alright, let’s go before anyone else shows up. Asher, make sure those spell sheets are safe. As for the marker, seeing as I kinda blew the door down, I don’t think we have to worry about marking this area.” Artus walked up to the staircase, taking a few steps, to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary. Seeing as how they came across the spell scrolls, he figured there might have been some sort of barrier or trap that would be set. However, that was not the case, as Artus was able to walk up the stairway.

“Darn, another door.” Artus stopped once the group had reached what seemed to be the top of the staircase. This door had no knob, but was able to open with a forceful push. At least it’s not locked… He opened the door, which once again led to an outside section of the prison. It was starting to rain slightly, Artus feeling a drop or two landing on his head. The top was circular, and big, but other than that, it was obvious they were on top of a roof. Artus leaned on the edge, and they could see nearly the whole prison. “Crap, this place is bigger than I thought.” He said pointing down at the various walkways, most of which required to be outside to be accessed. The river was also starting to rush into a torrent, with sounds of rushing water being heard. However, the most significant part of the roof was a sort of large zip-line contraption. There was a large tent of sorts shaped similar to a tipi, wrapped by wood for reinforcement. It was attached to two thick ropes, which reached all the way to another part of the prison, on another roof. Artus stared at it for a few moments, and approached it, taking a look inside. It was empty, save for a lever on the side, but the elevator itself was able to hold three or four people. “Okay, looks like we’ve got two options. We either go back downstairs and take the other staircase, or we take this elevator…” Artus looked downwards and noticed their height. It’s not likely, but one tumble to the side in the elevator could be the end. He turned to Natalia and Asher. “I’m fine with either, but really, we should make some sort of agreement.”

-----------------------

Galvez Prison
Main Floor
Coelnar, Ethan, Fabian & Keres

As Coelnar told Keres off, Ethan proceeded to give him a further indication of what may happen if he kept his attitude up. “Listen up you dirty bilge rat.” He growled, looking Keres dead in the eye. “You pull another move like that and I swear to god I will blow you damn head off and cut you from crotch to sternum” He readjusted his aim and put his finger on the trigger. "I won't think twice." It seemed as if Ethan was on the same side as Coelnar on this one. Keres was obviously outnumbered, and Coelnar was glad to see others shared his sense of justice. However, Keres went into a small outrage of his own.

"Man, what a drag! Won't you two shut up already?" He walked and stood over the body of Jasper. "Don't you get it? I don't care. I don't care about your little pirate-issue, or your little friend". He kicked Jasper's body, which uneasily rolled towards Coelnar and Ethan. It was disgusting to look at, lifeless and sliding across the ground. "All I care about, is to regain my memories, and I am willing to remove all obstacles in my path, even if it means eliminating the two of you!" Keres' voice boomed as he pointed at the group with his claws. "Besides, who's the big bad guy here? All I do is minding my own buisness, and you two start threatening me? So please, stop annoying me, or I will personally make sure that you'll suffer the same fate as that stupid little girl!" Keres was seemingly getting annoyed and more angry. Coelnar wasn't scared of him, but it was obvious Keres was a 'wildcard', being unpredictable.

“This helps us how exactly? Rhetorical question, it doesn’t." Fabian suddenly spoke. "Keres you cannot go around unexpectedly slashing throats on a whim. If you need further explanation as to why that’s not okay, I’ll gladly tell you. Ethan, Coelnar please refrain from assaulting others that we have to spend the rest of our travels with. Nothing good will come of it. Keres, if it were not for that stupid girl, your *** would be having your bones minced at this very moment. I can gladly open that door and allow you to meet the same end as Undine.” Coelnar agreed that Keres should show more respect for Undine who had just sacrificed herself to let them get away safely. “You have to end this self-destructive behavior. It’s fine if you don’t care about us, because I can say the same about you, but if that is the case you can spare yourself the agony of traveling with us and leave the group. You will accompany me at the front of the group as we making our way out of her. Now, my warning: If you step out of line I will be forced to restrain you. And don’t think that I can’t.” He said, as he walked closer to Keres, and took out his whip to reinforce his threat. "Now, let's go." With that, they opened the door and headed out.

As they followed Fabian down the path, their walk was interrupted by a small group of four wardens. “Told you they were escaping the dungeons!” One soldier shouted. “We have to kill them or we’ll get punished for abandoning our posts!” Two of the wielded basic swords, while the others had a staff and a war hammer. In that instant, the battle began. The one wielding the staff headed for Fabian, as the one with the war hammer ran straight for Coelnar. "Take this!" The warden swung his weapon and smashed it onto the ground Coelnar was standing on, who jumped backwards to dodge.

"Quick, get rid of them before reinforcements come!" Coelnar shouted as he readied his axe and swung it at the warden, who dodged it with a graceful side step, and followed up with a body tackle, knocking Coelnar to his feet. The warden proceeded with another slam of his hammer. Coenar quickly released a Sun Beam at the warden, knocking him backwards, and damaging the body plate under his clothing.

"Damn it..." The warden got up, and charged at Coelnar. He got comfortable into a battle stance, and gave a powerful uppercut to the jaw. A loud snapping noise could be heard as his head whipped back, letting his hammer drop to the floor. Coelnar took this opportunity to swing his axe at the warden's torso, knocking him down to the ground with part of his armour cracked and crumbling. The warden lay there motionless, most likely knocked out due to the combo attack. That's one down... Coelnar thought as he looked at Fabian, who was also having some luck in his fight. Coelnar watched as the warden slammed into the ground with a loud 'bang' from being airborne.

Last edited:

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Natalia Denar
Galvez Prison

After Asher put the Spell scrolls into his bag, he took out his metal slab and gave his thoughts about Natalia’s suggestion. “I agree with Natalia. Rushing through here without acknowledging that we know next to nothing.” It was obvious there was more to the message, he had just run out of space, and sure enough after a few moments the words changed. “is dangerous. Perhaps if we put a small marker that we have been through an area we would be better off.”

Natalia liked the reply, it was nice to have others agreeing with her. She expectantly turned her head towards Artus to hear his opinion. “Yeah, that makes sense. The top will give us a better view of our location. And if we do end up at a dead end, we can just come back down and try the other staircase.” Natalia was delighted to hear Artus also agreed with her. It seems I’m finally getting the respect I deserve.

Artus continued to search the room, he checked the drawers in the desk for anything else that would have been of use to them. It seemed there was nothing noteworthy inside, as Artus didn’t comment on their contents. He had another look around the room. “Alright, let’s go before anyone else shows up. Asher, make sure those spell sheets are safe. As for the marker, seeing as I kinda blew the door down, I don’t think we have to worry about marking this area.” Artus walked up the staircase, with Natalia following closely behind him.

“Darn, another door.” Artus stopped once the group had reached what seemed to be the top of the staircase. Natalia leaned to the right to see around her taller friend. The door in question had no knob, which caused Natalia to suspect another violent electric explosion was on the cards. That was not the case as Artus was able to open it with a forceful push. They once again found themselves in an outside section of the prison. The top was circular, and big, but other than that, it was obvious they were on top of a roof. As her fear of heights started to kick in, Natalia was beginning to regret her suggestion. To add to her discomfort, it was also starting to rain; Natalia hated being wet. She stepped back indoors.

On the roof, Artus was once again thorough in his observations, he even leaned over the edge to have better view. “Crap, this place is bigger than I thought.” Meanwhile, Natalia was trying to figure out what the strange construction on the top of the roof was for. In wasn’t an easy task, given she didn’t want to approach it. It looked kind of like a tent, attached to a pair of thick ropes leading somewhere in the distance. From her position, she couldn’t see where they ended. Eventually, Artus approached the strange device and looked inside.

“Okay, looks like we’ve got two options. We either go back downstairs and take the other staircase, or we take this elevator…” Artus looked downwards and then turned to Natalia and Asher. “I’m fine with either, but really, we should make some sort of agreement.” Natalia wasn’t exactly thrilled about either of those options. On one hand, they would risk getting lost underground once again, but that way they would remain dry and low. On the other hand, using the elevator would see them travel to a specific location without any risks, apart from the one of falling down. But to Natalia that wasn’t something to be taken lightly. What should I do? I don’t want to be the one responsible for getting us lost. But the height...

“I’ll be honest with you, I don’t really fancy either of the options. I don’t want to get lost in those underground corridors, but I’m also terribly afraid of heights.” Natalia said the last part quietly, she was ashamed to admit her weakness. “I believe using the elevator would be the better option, I just don’t know if I can take it.” She was barely holding back the tears. “I’m such a burden to you.” It was clear she was still shaken from the previous incident and pretty emotionally unstable as a result.

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Rooftop
Artus, Natalia & Asher

((OOC: Not to be a nag guys, but we should pick up the pace a little bit please.))

Artus looked at the other two waiting to come to a decision. “I’ll be honest with you, I don’t really fancy either of the options. I don’t want to get lost in those underground corridors, but I’m also terribly afraid of heights.” She ended the last part of the sentence a bit quietly. “I believe using the elevator would be the better option, I just don’t know if I can take it. I’m such a burden to you.” Artus watched as she was holding back tears. It was obvious felt incredibly uneasy about going into the elevator, probably the scared of falling off.

It’s like she’s having some sort of emotional meltdown…”No, you’re not a burden to us.” He said calmly as he walked up to Natalia. “I know you’re scared, but trust me, you’re not going to fall.” He put his hand on her shoulder. Admittedly, Artus didn’t know the guarantee of that statement, but he figured he could try and calm her down. Asher suddenly walked up as well, pulling out a slab of metal.

“I do not think such a device would be created, that would put the wardens at risk.” He wrote on the metal. Artus nodded his head in agreement, taking his hand off of Natalia’s shoulder.

“Yeah, I mean if the wardens use it, then it can’t be that dangerous.” Artus said, restating Asher while looking at him, and then taking a pause. He thought of what to say next. Artus was trying his hardest to convince Natalia without trying to sound like he was forcing her on to the elevator. “If you’re still having doubts Natalia, then we won’t force you to go on. It’s your call.”

((OOC: Also, Wayjun is going to be away for a bit, so I will try my best to bunny Asher, and make sure I don't completely ruin him lol.))

D

Deleted member 300066

Ethan Daggett
Near Maze Exit
Galvez Prison

Keres sighed.
“Man, what a drag! Won’t you two shut up already?” Keres wasn’t bothered whatsoever by the gun at his forehead, in fact, he literally danced away from it and over to Jasper’s corpse.
“Don’t you get it? I don’t care. I don’t care about your little pirate issue, or your little friend.” He then kicked Jasper’s corpse towards Ethan and Coelnar. Ethan scowled. Keres then pointed towards the pair with one of his claws.
"All I care about, is to regain my memories, and I am willing to remove all obstacles in my path, even if it means eliminating the two of you! Besides, who's the big bad guy here? All I do is minding my own business, and you two start threatening me? So please, stop annoying me, or I will personally make sure that you'll suffer the same fate as that stupid little girl!"

Stupid little girl? That son of-a-*****. Ethan grabbed the hilt of his sword, about to draw it until Fabian piped up.
“This helps us how exactly? Rhetorical question, it doesn’t. Keres you cannot go around unexpectedly slashing throats on a whim. If you need further explanation as to why that’s not okay, I’ll gladly tell you. Ethan, Coelnar please refrain from assaulting others that we have to spend the rest of our travels with. Nothing good will come of it. Keres, if it were not for that stupid girl, your *** would be having your bones minced at this very moment. I can gladly open that door and allow you to meet the same end as Undine.” Fabian said. Everybody seemed to have calmed down a bit. Ethan lowered his hand from his sword hilt.

Fabian approached Keres.
“You have to end this self-destructive behaviour. It’s fine if you don’t care about us, because I can say the same about you, but if that is the case you can spare yourself the agony of traveling with us and leave the group. You will accompany me at the front of the group as we making our way out of her. Now, my warning: If you step out of line I will be forced to restrain you. And don’t think that I can’t.” Fabian then pulled out his whip and dragged it across the ground to further reinforce his threat, hopefully that would keep Keres calm for long enough...

Four wardens approached the group. Ethan didn't see where they came from. Among them were two swords, a staff and a large war hammer.
“Told you they were escaping the dungeons!” The sword wielder shouted “We have to kill them or we’ll get punished for abandoning our posts!”

Ethan, with his gun already loaded, cocked, and his finger on the trigger, was prepared to take out his anger. Immediately after finishing talking the sword wielder had his head blown to pieces by a power shot. In truth, a regular shot would have been efficient, but Ethan needed that extra bit of damage to take out his anger. Ethan then attempted to shoot at the second sword wielder, but his shot was dodged. A second time he shot, dodged once again. Damnit, out of shots. Ethan holstered his gun and drew his sword, approaching the second swordsman.

Ethan had a thought. He still hadn’t gathered any information on the location of Oceon’s Blade. He wasn’t going to let this trip be in-vein. He thought about each of the soldiers. Who was likely to have the most information? Ethan decided it would most likely be the war hammer wielder. His weapon was large and most likely expensive.
“Hey Coelnar! Ethan shouted as he approached then second swordsman “Keep that bastard alive for now!”

Coelnar Ellidyn
Near Maze Exit
Galvez Prison

“Hey Coelnar! Ethan shouted as he approached then second swordsman “Keep that bastard alive for now!” Coelnar heard Ethan shout from across the room. Coelnar wasn’t planning on killing the warden anyway, but he wasn#t sure why Ethan would need the warden alive, nevertheless, Coelnar went after the staff wielder to help out Fabian. He just managed to catch sight of the Mage-Soldier falling to the ground. Fabian seemed to be handling the situation pretty well. But a little bit of help could never hurt. Coelnar approached the mage and a run from behind and readied his axe, He thrust the handle end of the axe forwards quickly to stun the mage, leaving him open to another attack from Fabian. Coelnar quickly checked around the area to see how Keres was getting on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
((OOC: Please don’t let this die out. This is definitely my shortest post yet.))

Galvez Prison
Asher Ikakois

Asher had been considering who should go down the elevator while it began to rain. He liked rain as much as the next person who melted in it, and desired to either return to the study or advance down the elevator. He had judged it as relatively safe, as it made no sense to have something that was dysfunctional without having a warning notice posted. Assuming that any note posted at the bottom was to be replicated at the top, Asher was alright with descending via the elevator. ’If I am the one to use the elevator first, then, while I can defend myself from nearly everything, I cannot yell my status to Artus and Natalia.’ So far it seemed to him that it would be best to send Natalia or Artus down first, but Asher preferred not to get wet.

The construct took a few tentative steps toward the elevator-contraption and tested it cautiously—it appeared to be able to hold his weight. Asher motioned for Natalia and Artus to step on the elevator. Artus readily joined Asher, but Natalia was having second thoughts about it. Asher was entirely sure that the ropes could hold their combined weight, but the height could be a problem. As Natalia was not particularly interested in meeting the ground sooner than expected, she was being careful. Asher did not fault her for that, but the wardens from before could be pursuing them and he wished to leave quickly. Natalia’s first steps toward the device were irresolute, but she became more confident as she saw that Asher and Artus still hadn’t fallen out the bottom.

Once the whole group was in, Asher realized that they did not know how to get the thing moving; however, Artus had a an idea and unhooked a few knots that were twisted around a metal pole, setting the device off into motion. It dropped a bit for a few seconds, and Asher was glad that he had not eaten anything for a while. The ride itself was bumpy and the group had to hold onto ropes to avoid being moved around within the contraption. Natalia seemed as if she regretted her choice, for she was hanging onto the rope in terrified silence.

During the ride, Asher took time to introspect. ’I felt little when I killed the warden; even for the wolf I felt more sorrow. I should physically not be able to kill—is this because I have emotions? I did not feel anger toward the warden, only a sense of duty.’ He was still feeling guilty for killing the warden, and just a bit jealous of Natalia’s show of emotions. Supposed to be as humanoid as possible mentally, Asher objected to being able to kill without much remorse. ’Before, I was absolutely against killing…was that only because of the core? I suspect that my creator fiddled with my emotions to exact revenge against Dias.’

The elevator came to an abrupt stop, throwing Natalia against Asher, disrupting his thought process and nearly pushing him off.

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Main Floor
Artus, Asher & Natalia

As they got into the elevator, Artus was a bit hesitant himself on getting inside. He wasn't scared by heights, at least not to the extent of Natalia's fear. Asher seemed to ready and onboard to get on. Artus just silently nodded in agreement with Asher, and walked inside the elevator. Smaller than I thought... He crouched his head a bit, as he was standing in the corner. Now how to get this thing moving... Artus looked around and saw a few rope knots tied around a metal pole inside the elevator. "Alright, hold on tight. This thing is gonna move." He said looking at Natalia. He slowly untied the knots. One knot...two knot... Suddenly the elevator started to creak and noticeably changed its position, moving slowly off of the edge of the roof where it was located. Artus braced himself as he carefully untied the last knot. The elevator immediately jerked to the side and creaked. We have lift off! Artus could feel as if he were getting lighter, almost like he was gliding. He held on to a flimsy rope railing attached to the side, which almost felt like it was going to snap any second. It was clear that this elevator had been used often, and repeatedly. Every few seconds the elevator would give a jerk whenever it snagged onto a groove or knot in the rope.

Thump! The elevator came to an abrupt stop, knocking Natalia into Asher. Artus fell onto the side, quickly getting back up. "See, that wasn't so bad was it?" Artus said. He himself was a little bit shaken up form the ride, but tried to refrain form showing any signs of weakness. He jumped out of the elevator reaching the ground a few feet down. "Be careful, that first step is hidden." Artus said as he started to walk while glancing around at his surroundings. They were no longer on top of another roof, but had landed in some sort of courtyard. There were several pillars, some broken with creatures engraved into it, as well as some of the pillars being moulded into strange shapes. The courtyard itself was situated right near the edge of the prison, with water gushing down below. There were was also a path that led over the river, to a small isolated building made of bricks, and another leading somewhere inside the prison. There were torches lit on the sides of the isolated dome-like building, which gave off a vibrant red glow. "I think we're in the main courtyard or something like that. Be on the lookout in case anyone comes cruising by." He said to the two, looking into the distance where the building was located. He walked closer to one of the pillars, and stroked it, feeling the grooves on the pillar. He observed the drawings some more before coming to the conclusion that they were in fact similar to the ones they had found in the underground maze.

"You know, these look strangely familiar to the carvings in the underground tunnel..." Artus wasn't sure if he was just getting too ahead of himself, but he couldn't help trying to connect the dots.

Galvez Prison
Main Floor
Keres & Co.

After further squabbling, the group was finally getting out of the putrid room that was beginning to reek from Jasper's body. Following Fabian, who was leading the group, they soon found themselves confronted by four prison wardens. One wielded a staff, a warhammer, and the other two were sword wielders. “Told you they were escaping the dungeons!” One soldier shouted. “We have to kill them or we’ll get punished for abandoning our posts!” The staff warden conjured up a ball of lightning at sent it towards the group, dispersing them outwards. Coelnar retreated to the back where the warhammer warden ran up and gave forceful swings capable of crushing a human. Ethan was scuffling with one of the sword-wielders, and by the time Keres looked back at Fabian, he saw the Staff warden getting toppled to the ground with a loud 'thud', seemingly knocking him unconscious. One of the sword wielders was killed in the fray, and after a few moments the second came charging at Keres.

"Keep that bastard alive for now!" Ethan shouted at Coelnar who was keeping watch over the warhammer warden laying on the ground. Keres readied himself for a fight against the warden who swung his sword horizontally narrowly missing slicing his stomach open. With a swift hand sign, Keres created a bright pink-ish color ball of flame and sent it hurtling at the warden who dodged it and followed up with another swing. This time scathing him, Keres used this as opportunity to use his claw and sliced at the warden's chest area, making him cry out in pain. Now for the kill. Jumping up, he swung his hand again, this time managing to get at his throat while coughed and gasped for air. The warden gagged and fell to the ground, still squirming around for the next few moments.

Keres looked around, and saw that the battle was over. All of the wardens were rendered unable to fight, and just lay there. "Okay, we're done. So now what? You said you wanted to keep this guy alive, for what though?" Keres walked up to where Coelnar was standing and gave the warden a light kick to signify that he was not moving or readying himself for a surprise jump attack. "Maybe we should just leave him here, before anyone else decides to show up."

Last edited: