• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Tales of" Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikou_fan

Yay, thx!

I've never seen the TotWRM or Abyss, but there is hi-ougi You activate it by holding B when you activate a Unison Attack (pressing C on the nunchuck when the bar is filled up) If you did right, you'll get a Hi-Ougi attack with a cut it anime thing. They're fun to watch but they cause a load of TP. Out of the 16 Hi-Ougi in the game, I've only seen... 7 (4 of them were Bosses...Yes, the certain bosses use Hi-Ougi). The original ToS cast is suppose to be able use them, but I've haven't been able to trigger one since you can't control the original ToS characters (you can switch to them in battle, but it's a pain to do)

You mean we can use those big cut-scene type attack things like the ones Richter/Decus use? That's so cool! I have to go try!

Yep. Seriously. The boss was... unusual. And the whole ending confused me sooo much.

I loved TOS, but you're right when you say the ending was weird. I was SOOOO confused by the time it was all over. TOS 2 doesn't do a whole lot to clear everything about mithos up, so I'm STILL confused. @(o_O)@ I hate when the story gets so complicated I can't follow it.

What was the most annoying/funniest thing that you did in the game.

In TOS2 I keep almost getting killed by leeches!! It's the worst! They get like 2 or 3 together, and both do that spinny thing at the same time. I miss the block, and they both hit like 3 or 4 times for over 100 damage (I think that's right. It's close to that anyway). Anyway, I try to avoid them now, or atleast stay away when they come in groups.

Last edited:

Zora

perpetually tired
I loved TOS, but you're right when you say the ending was weird. I was SOOOO confused by the time it was all over. TOS 2 doesn't do a whole lot to clear everything about mithos up, so I'm STILL confused. @(o_O)@ I hate when the story gets so complicated I can't follow it.

The ending of ToS assumed that you played ToP (that is if you are referring to why the name of the tree wasn't stated?). The name if you curious is
Yggdrasil

Raikou_fan

The ending of ToS assumed that you played ToP (that is if you are referring to why the name of the tree wasn't stated?). The name if you curious is
Yggdrasil

Yeah, I finished it. They named the tree Yggdrasil? Really?..... I know mithos/yddrasil were the same guys, I managed to get that (duh), but I didn't know they named the tree yddrasil.... Kinda weird lol. I need to play through it again.

Zora

perpetually tired
Yeah, I finished it. They named the tree Yggdrasil? Really?..... I know mithos/yddrasil were the same guys, I managed to get that (duh), but I didn't know they named the tree yddrasil.... Kinda weird lol. I need to play through it again.

It isn't stated in Tales of Symphonia, only Tales of Phantasia. They expected the fanbase (their Japanese one anyone) to know it.

Oh, and you guys know about this recent trailer, right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crRmKsFJuTU&eurl If not, well now you do :p

Last edited:

Raikou_fan

It isn't stated in Tales of Symphonia, only Tales of Phantasia. They expected the fanbase (their Japanese one anyone) to know it.

Oh. Well no wonder I didn't know. I hate when the only tell the japanese fans that stuff. I've never played tales of phantasia though, I've barely even heard of it. It may be available in the U.S., but I've never tried it. Wish they'de keep that kind of info in the series instead of branching it off like that.

darklord18

The trailer look ok but why make a guy that fight like Guy and Yuri?

Last edited:

arceus03

*sigh*
Wish I have ToS
I didn't understand what you were talking about o_O

This may seem a bit late, but..
Welcome to all ^_^;

What I mean is that you can have up to 15 tech/art/spell total like 10 tech and five 5 spell.
Oh, but can you have tech and spells at the same time? In ToD you can, but I dunno in other games.. In ToP and ToE you can't, IIRC.

Also great video Zora ^^
The music was sooo sad. The battle animation seems fun, too, as I've never played any of the series that have 3D battles before :x
lol at your sig XD

On topic:
I can't remember what was the funniest/annoying thing I did, but I do remember the funny skits. Like, when Arche peeked on Chester and about the picnic scene where Arche tries to cook XD

Last edited:

darklord18

yes in ToS both Zelos and Kartos can both use tech and spells but Kartos is better in power while Zelos was faster at attacking and casting. To me anyway.

Chii

First Time Cosplayer
Hey! Can I Join?

1. what tales of games have you played?
I Have Tales Of Symphonia and Tales Of Symphonia:Dawn of a New World

2. Name your favorite two Characters form any games and why?
Marta and Presea, because Marta is funny and she has a good personality, and Presea Because, she so mysterious and cute.

3. Name Your least favorite two characters form any games and why?
Zelos and Alice, because... umm.. i just dont like them

4. Why do you like the Tales of series game?
Because they are the best RPGs i've ever played and they are just soo much fun.

Yea, there is a show for Tales of Phantasia and i watched it and it takes place like 1000 or so years before Tales of Symhponia.

Tales of Destiny 3? Wow, thats gonna be cool xD

Last edited:

Raikou_fan

yes in ToS both Zelos and Kartos can both use tech and spells but Kartos is better in power while Zelos was faster at attacking and casting. To me anyway.

I never noticed a difference in casting speed. I don't think they were ever in a fight at the same time though so theres not a real good way to compare. I think Kratos is a little slower though, but stronger, and zelos is faster, but a little weaker. I hardly ever used either of them though. They were usually just my healers, and I almost never played them.

On a different note, has anyone ever played Colette and was actually good with her? No matter what I do I can't play her!

Last edited:

darklord18

I agree, the only reason I have her on my team is for Holy song. dose anyone know if she keep her angel spell in ToS2?

Raikou_fan

I didn't mean to say she's not helpful. She has been very useful to me, I just can't play her myself.

In ToS2 she still has Angel Feathers, but she doesn't have Holy Song.

darklord18

With me she kept do holy song over and over which where good in some battle (even better when she dose her Hi-ogui.)

arceus03

Welcome Juu-San Bantai Taichou XD

Oh and I just noticed you're the co-owner, Sapphire. (Can I call you Sapphire or SP?) Congratulations :D

And... I don't know what Colette's powers are, but she was funny in the ToS OVA =P
What's her specialty? Warrior? Mage?

Last edited:

Glajummy

Why so S E R I O U S
I'd love to join this!

1. What tales of games have you played?
Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Vesperia

Kratos Aurion (Symphonia) and Asch the Bloody (Abyss) for their coolness and awesome moves.

I hate both Karol and Repede from Vesperia. They're cool characters, but their fighting sucks.

I like the 'Tales of' series because although each games follows a specific formula, they all have plots and characters that will keep you hooked for a long time.

Raikou_fan

And... I don't know what Colette's powers are, but she was funny in the ToS OVA =P
What's her specialty? Warrior? Mage?

I think Colette is meant to be more of a support fighter than one that is on the front lines, which is probably why I can't use her. She can use physical attacks, but I found her more useful with magic. But she also has a nice variety of other attacks. Pow hamer is one she tends to use alot, and item thief got me some nice stuff. She can go either way, it depends on what you need her for.

So many posts while I was gone :D

Oh, and you guys know about this recent trailer, right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crRmKsFJuTU&eurl If not, well now you do :p

Yeah, I remember that they called it in ToP. Actually, I've heard that they mention the name in ToS: DotNW in a skit, but I've gotten said skit.

ZOMG! I never seen that trailer before! I already want this :D

I'd love to join this!

1. What tales of games have you played?
Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Vesperia

Kratos Aurion (Symphonia) and Asch the Bloody (Abyss) for their coolness and awesome moves.

I hate both Karol and Repede from Vesperia. They're cool characters, but their fighting sucks.

I like the 'Tales of' series because although each games follows a specific formula, they all have plots and characters that will keep you hooked for a long time.

Your accepted! Welcome to the Club!

I think Colette is meant to be more of a support fighter than one that is on the front lines, which is probably why I can't use her. She can use physical attacks, but I found her more useful with magic. But she also has a nice variety of other attacks. Pow hamer is one she tends to use alot, and item thief got me some nice stuff. She can go either way, it depends on what you need her for.
I don't use Colette much. Her health is lower compaired to others, and her attacks are... meh next to others. But I use Item Theif and her angel techs.

darklord18

Ok I added the new memders.

Colette is only good for two thing. Her hi-ogui (Holy judgment) and her angle spells. But that what I think anyway. But I only use her when I can't use Kartos. But why did they get rid of her angle spell, that was a good thing about her. Dose she still have the wing?

Chii

First Time Cosplayer
On a different note, has anyone ever played Colette and was actually good with her? No matter what I do I can't play her!

I never really use her. In the first TOS i only use her for the seals.Execpt for Judgement and Holy Song, shes quite useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.