• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Tales of" Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikou_fan

Happy new year everyone! I hope you've all had a great year, and that you have an even better year in 09!

What Tales of game are going to get this year?

I'm not sure. I only have a wii, so unless theres another one for wii or some other system like falls out of the sky I probly won't. @(-_-)@

darklord18

/\ there is a new tales of game coming for the Wii but there no name for it yet but there is a trailer for it.
Though I won't buy it. Unless the controls are easy to use.
Had to edited it, It was a one liner.

Last edited:

Raikou_fan

Really!? OMIGOSH I can't wait!! Hope it's another Symphonia lol. Guess I've gotten attached to the characters. Or even if it's something totally different I can't wait!!! Now I'm all excited lol.

What Tales of game are going to get this year?
If ToI and ToH come out in the US, I'm going to buy them. I'd also like to see another Symphonia game... maybe where it takes place during the Ancient Kharlan War, and you play as Mithos and them... Lloyd and friends could be a cameo battle.

lol, my first post of 2009!

Raikou_fan

I noticed I hadn't done this yet, and it looked like fun. So I decided to do it!

Name: Sora
Skills/Techs/Spells: Beast Sword Rain, Healing circle, Judgement, Double Demon Fang, Guardian, Photon, Hell Pyre, Super Lightning Blade, Resurrection, Holy Song, Rising Tempest
Element: Light
Description (Looks): Tall, and strong, with short, jet-black hair, and bright blue eyes. Has light skin, but not pale. He wears white armor with gold trim and has angel wings that look kind of like Kratos's.
Description (Personality): The strong silent type. He's soft-spoken, and optimistic. He's also very resourceful, and clever. He's very hard on himself, and has very little confidence, so he depends on his friends to encourage him. He hardly ever gets angry, but he won't hesitate for stand what is right.
Backstory: He was found in the forest outside the village of the elves(can't remember its name), and was raised as an elf. at 14 he discovered that he was an angel, and at 18 he set out to find out who his real parents were.
Weapon: Longsword. He can also use a bow, but he prefers to be on the frontlines.
Ultimate Weapon: Demons Bane- Has a gold hilt, with a cruxis crystal engraved into it. Has a long bright silver blade that glows, and no matter how many battles it goes through, it never gets bloody.
Hi-Ougi/Mystic Art: Devils Hellfire (doesn't fit, but it's all I can think of. I'll replace it later.)

I think that's it.... I'll probly go back and edit it 9 or 10 times, but let me know what you think!

Last edited:

arceus03

Me too!

Name: Veezle
Element: Mother Nature (Gnome is Earth, so..)
Skills/Techs/Spells: Ehm. Vine Crop, Seed Trap, Sakura's Bloom.
Vine Crop
Small, sharp roots come out from the ground, cutting the enemies. Misses if the enemy is airborne. The weakest (basic) spell of Veezle, gotten by fringing at L1.

Seed Trap
Scatters seeds on the ground. Does nothing observable, but if an enemy steps on it a huge tree crops out suddenly, causing considerable damage. Even hits low-airborne enemies. May Stun them also. Gotten by fringing with Gnome at L12.

Sakura's Bloom
A huge cherry tree appears in the middle of the battlefield and shoots out cherries at all enemies in its range. Hits 10-15 times, each hit causes around 200-400 DMG. Has a high chance to Poison those hit afterward. Fringe with Maxwell (L26) to get.
Description (Looks): A bald old man, with a small tree on his head. Wears a big robe, and has quite a large nose. [LINKIE]
Description (Personality): A wise old man. Enjoys a chat with Maxwell in his free time. Often makes funny responses but gives good advices sometimes.
Backstory: A Greater Craymel doesn't have history XD But you found him in a cave (Cave of the Nature Termites lol) while seeking for something called Sapphire Dust (a key item for the game) and he recognizes Maxwell. Some funny skit occurs, then Maxwell asked him to join, but he wants to test your abilities first, and so... rumble!
Weapon: Just.. the tree.
Hi-Ougi/Mystic Art: Summon: Veezle.. ? (I think anyway. Spirit summoning)
A swirl of leaves comes forth, stabbing everyone in the vicinity, hitting once to thrice (depends), each hit around 1000-2000 DMG. May Poison/Stun the enemy and has a high critical hit rate. Afterward heals allies' HP by 10% over a fixed amount of time (until the battle ends)

Yeah, the final move might be a bit overkill -_-

Last edited:

darklord18

/\ there good.
Also I heard something about being able use the Sword lancer in your team in ToS2, If true, how?

Yeah, but it's not the same one technically... You capture a certain monster, level it up and feed it food to evolve it. Then once you have this certain monster, you have it hold an item then feed it again to evolve into the Sword Dancer.

This is what it looks like: Terrible picture but the only one I could find

darklord18

/\ cool if i get ToS2 I'm so going to get a team of those.
He look cool. Way better than ToS and abyss ones.
That just gave a good topic.
What monster in any Tales of game did you like.
I love the Sword dancer.

ToS- The Dragon in the Earth Temple. I love all the money that it drops :D
ToS2- Bakunawa, Fenfir, Sigmurgh, Fafina (spelled wrong...), Hydra, Orion, Wyvern Lord, Phoenix, Manicore, Sphinx... I've had all of those on my team at some point or another.

EDIT: Meh, I've editted my character creation thing... go to page four to see it since I'm too lazy to post the link x.x Some of it probably doesn't make sense, but I meant it to be. That person is for a fic I want to write...

Last edited:

Raikou_fan

ToS: The sword dancer was definately the most fun to fight, but I also like anything that gives good exp or alot of money.
ToS2: Fenrir, Sphinx, earth eater(I think? Whichever ones of those I have) and now the new sword dancer. Fenrir and Sphinx are currently my two strongest monsters, earth eater(?) has the highest hp of any of my monsters(9999), and the sword dancer looks cool. I'm about to go work on getting it. Hope it's not too hard get the stuff to synthesize its item...

arceus03

Can you catch monsters and train them like Pokemon?

On topic:
Sokuram in Tales of Phantasia. They give somewhere around 16,000 EXP per fight, and like 30,000 Gald to go with the experience. It was fun leveling up in the Morlia Mineshaft.

darklord18

well sort of.
I don't really know. But can we play as the monsters?

darklord18

well sort of.

Raikou_fan

well sort of.

In a way. Adding monsters to your team is kinda complicated. Theres a little wheel in the bottom left corner of the screen (I'll call it the element wheel) that has one big symbol in the middle, and like 5 or 6 little ones surrounding it. To add a monster to your team, you have to make the big symbol, and atleast 4 of the little symbols match. You can change the symbols by using elemental attacks. For example, early on in the game the only move with an element you'll have on your side is Marta, with first aid. First aids element is water. So for me to add a monster to my team, I would have to have her cast first aid until the big symbol was the water symbol, then i would make her do it several more times until 4 of the little symbols were water. That's enough to make pacts with some monsters, but having a certain element on the element wheel can also affect the pact. Later on in the game as more characters join your team, there will be many more elements. That can make it a little tough. All characters will have elemental attacks, so when you get them all into battle, and they're all using their elements at the same time, it's hard to get the same element onto the element wheel. It just takes alot of practice. Once you get a monster to consider making a pact with you, you can either just make a pact, or have one of the monsters on your team strengthen the pact. Either way the monster has a chance of running away. So I'm not 100% sure of the significance of strengthening the pact. After you have the monster on your team, you get it to grow by fighting with it. it gains exp just like the human characters do, and gains lvls like they do. Idk if they do, but it seems like they grow faster than the humans. Unlike the human characters though, you can't fight as the monsters. You can command them to use spells, or certain moves or do whatever, but you can't play them. Once they hit a certain lvl, they'll be able to evolve(you can tell by looking for the yellow monster face on their picture on the menu). When they can evolve, just take them to any Katz place, cook for them, and you'll be able to choose whether or not to evolve them after they eat.

I hope that helped with any monster questions you had!

^Strengthening the pact increases the chances of the monster joining your team. Of course, even with the best monster the one your trying to get to join still can run away.

darklord18

/\Man I really can't wait till I get ToS2
But came you rename monster. and what type of tech/arts can you teach them?

Raikou_fan

/\ Nope, not as far as I know. They all come with a name, and they have it forever. Like the other characters, they'll learn skills/artes/techs as they lvl up, but there are things that you can use to teach them certain spells. Most of them have something to do with the summon spirits. Undines whisper teaches first aid, and so on and so forth. Thats actually the only one I can remember lol. but there are many others. Also, something i forgot, was that as you progress, you'll find manuscripts. All of them are labeled with a color. Gray manuscript(the weakest), gives the monster you use it on 100xp, while the rainbow manuscript(the strongest), give the monster 100,000xp. There are many in between those two, but I don't remember what color they are, or how much xp each gives. Sadly, you can't use the manuscripts on human characters... @(-_-)@ Don't be surprised if your monsters lvls are like 30 or 40 lvls higher than your humar characters. At the end of the game, my fenrir and my sphinx were both lvl 90, while my human characters were only 50.

^Yeah, but when you evolve a monster, their level goes back down to 1 and they only keep 20% of their original stats. You'll have to keep evolving your monsters (and devolving, once they get to their highest evolution, you can evolve them back to the first/basic/weakest/whatever it's called evolution...) to get them high stats.

Raikou_fan

/\ Yeah. I've kinda avoided evolving them back to the little form. I just keep feeding them lol. I'll eventually start to evolve them more once I get their evo items, but until then they make it SO easy to get xp on the second play through. @(^_^)@

Status
Not open for further replies.