• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of Kami Discussion Thread

Hotshot

Tales of Kami
(Approved by RaZoR LeAf)​

Okay, guys, this is the discussion thread for the RPG Tales of Kami. Feel free to discuss anything related to the RPG here, be it characters, places, plot, etc. And don't hesitate to ask questions if you aren't sure of something.

Rules:
1. Follow all SPPF and RPG forum rules.
2. Keep in mind that this is a PG-13 rated RPG, for violence and the use of alcohol. Nothing more.
3. There will be flaming, spamming, or trolling. Trolls are not one of the races in this RPG. The closest thing would be acting like an Oni. And there will be none of that either.
4. Use proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
5. There will be no bunnying without the prior consent of the other party's character(s). Allowed bunnying must remain in character at all times.
6. Please, please, please...only sign up if you are going to post. And try to stick with the RPG if you are accepted.
7. There will be no reservations for this one.
8. You may sign up with up to two characters. If there are still spots left open, then I may allow a third character.
9. Lastly, HAVE FUN!

Brief recap of the plot:
Long ago, Enma was sealed away by Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susano'o. There is an evil monk (whom some of you may know of, while others may not) who is trying to obtain all of the shards of Amaterasu's Mirror in order to awaken Enma once more. Meanwhile, an evil man by the name of Yashasuke has murdered the king of Ashihara (the Earthly Realm) and is now hunting down the crown-princess, Yurihime Shiroirenge.

The Tales of Kami Guide to MagicHeavenly and Demonic Arts
The Earthly Realm is home to many different forms of magic, which have been passed down from generation to generation. These forms of magic include, but are not limited to:
- Transformation Magic (one of the most common forms of magic; altering the appearance of oneself; used most by Kitsune, Bakeneko/Nekomata, Tengu, and lesser Kami)
- Summoning Magic (a form of magic that involves calling upon the help of a spirit or monster to aid you; typically used to summon Inugami, but can also be used for Kitsune and lesser Kami)
- Elemental Magic (the magic of fire, wind, water, lightning, earth, ice, and darkness; mostly used for offensive purposes, such as attacking an enemy)
- Spiritual Magic (a form of magic focused solely on the transferring of souls to the plain of spirits; transforming oneself into a spirit for a period of time, allowing the caster to go just about anywhere, and possibly possess the bodies of others)
- Healing Magic (a form of magic that involves the healing of another using supernatural means; typically used by Kitsune, Bakeneko/Nekomata, Inugami, and lesser Kami)
- Reanimation Magic (the most malicious form of magic; can be utilized by only the most skilled of magic-users; involves the reviving of a dead body or object by inserting a devilish spirit into it; the possessed corpse or object follows its master’s orders without question)

Important places: [I've started drawing a map of the Earthly Realm, and I'll try to post a link to it as soon as I've finished]
Ashihara-no-Nakatsukuni (The Earthly Realm)
- Sekai-hana (located to the northeast of Ashihara; a bustling city that lives in an eternal spring; it is called the ‘Flower of the World’)
- Harumura (located to the far east of Ashihara; a village that experiences an eternal spring)
- Natsumura (located to the far south of Ashihara; a village that experiences an eternal summer)
- Akimura (located to the far west of Ashihara; a village that experiences an eternal autumn)
- Fuyumura (located to the far north of Ashihara; a village that experiences an eternal winter)
- Sacred Plains (located directly between the villages of eternal seasons; the place where the battle between Enma and the Kami took place)
- Yomotsuhirasaka (the Gate of the Underworld; located within a shrine hidden in the Sacred Plains)
- Bamboo Forest (located to the east of Harumura; a deep forest of bamboo; it is said that deep within the forest there is a mysterious temple)
- Northern Mountains (located to the north of Fuyumura; said to be haunted by the Yuki-onna, a snow ghost)
- Rocky Steppe (located to the west of Akimura; a steep climb of rocks and boulders; said to be guarded by the very Kami themselves)
- Beach (located to the south of Natsumura; only the bravest of fishermen dare venture to the water’s edge, for legend tells of a giant sea monster that dwells within the seas)
- Hot Springs (there are two; one is located to the east of Natsumura, while the other can be found north of Harumura; they are guarded by the same pair of monkeys, one very small, the other very large, who can seemingly travel from one hot spring to the other very quickly)

Takamagahara (The Heavenly Plain)
- Fields of Paradise (very little is known about the Heavenly Plain, for no mortal has ever been there)

Yomi (The Underworld)
- Path of the Dead (the road that stretches from one end of the Underworld to the other; is littered with the corpses of mortals long-passed; wails and screams can be heard from every side)
- Ravaged Lands of the Forsaken (endless plains littered with the bones and corpses of warriors felled in battle; restless ghost-samurai still haunt the areas, seeking out wanderers to feast upon)
- Lake of Fire (a body of flaming liquid situated as the final opposition for those who seek to reach the resting place of Enma)
- The Forgotten Temple (the huge temple in which Enma was sealed; the final mirror shard rests here)

Character groups
Group 1 (Will focus primarily on obtaining the Mirror Shards)
- Kouji Kaminari - Lesser Kami (Hotshot)
- Oodusai – Shojo (NPC)
- Kaida "Kai/Ryukai" Yuki - Human (ShadoWolfDemon)
- Seiji "Synyster/Syn" - Lesser Kami (ShadoWolfDemon)
- Akishita "Aki" Matsuo - Kitsune (Sir Forgets-A-Lot)
- Tsuki - Kitsune (Killer_Squirtle)
- Hitoshirezu "Rezu" - Nekomata (jahz)
- Korikki - Kamaitachi (GenericUserName)

Group 2 (Will begin by focusing on reclaiming Princess Yurihime's throne; later their quest will coincide with Group 1’s)
- Yurihime “Lily” Shiroirenge – Human (Hotshot)
- Ninigi Mikoto - Human (NPC)
- Iwao - Human (Fossil Man)
- Reiki "Mattou Maru" Kaze - Kamaitachi (Rotrum)
- Ayame - Nekomata (Fossil Man)
- Etsuya Sirioki - Human (Stabberz)
- Michi - Inugami (Ysavvryl)
- Yuureiken - Ghost Weapon (Ysavvryl)

Important NPCs: (I will post more as the RPG progresses)
- Ninigi Mikoto (a dutiful young swordsman who harbors a crush on a young woman named 'Sakuya'; lives in Akimura)
- Sakuya Konohana (a young woman who sells and tends flowers; lives in Akimura)
- Oodusai (a Shojo who is skilled in the “Drunken Fist Style”)
- Bato (an Inugami that possessed Iwao)
- “Mr. Tanuki” (travels everywhere...and pops up randomly at times)
- Muramasa (a maker of demon-blades; lives in Fuyumura; is Masamune’s rival)
- Masamune (a maker of holy-blades; lives in Fuyumura; is Muramasa’s rival)

Important Enemies: (I will post more as the RPG progresses)
- Yashasuke (the man who murdered Lily’s father and wishes to usurp the throne)
- The Evil Monk (his name and location are currently unknown; he is searching for the Mirror Shards)
- Itsumosuwari (the massive leader of the Oni; his weight is matched only by his laziness)
- Sojobo (the powerful king of the Tengu; wields a fan made of seven feathers)
- Raijin (the Kami of Thunder; brother to Fujin)
- Fujin (the Kami of Wind; brother to Raijin)

Last edited:

rotrum

Ice Cold
Hotshot how was my first post..?

I tihnk I am getting better at first posts..

Hotshot

Well I'm a little unsure of what to do for my first post so I'm gonna wait until a few more go up so i can get an idea of what's gonna happen :)

Well, essentially, the characters will all meet each other in a few posts, in their respective areas.

Hotshot how was my first post..?

I tihnk I am getting better at first posts..

It was fine. Just remember to double-check your spelling before you post, because sometimes your letters are all jumbled together in the wrong places.

Okay, so once nearly everybody has posted, I'll move us along just a bit. Keep in mind, not everyone has to meet right from the start. We can prolong the meet-ups for a few posts if needed.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
My characters will likely be in town somewhere. It makes most sense for them. And the sword has a proper name now: Yuureiken. Although I was tempted to make it Yuureiyaiba, simply because that's more fun. But Yuureiken works better, as I can at least let him be nicknamed Ken. He won't care about being called Sword, after all.

Hotshot

Okay, so basically, most of our characters should meet up in some way within my next two or three posts. So set your characters up to be met, and I'll try my best to do the rest. Hey, that rhymed.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
Postin' to subscribe and say that I will try to post tomorrow. I'm super tight on time right now. X____X.

Hotshot

Sure thing, Shadow. That's fine.

Okay, to clear some things up...I'm assuming that the "old woman" that Tsuki (Killer_Squirtle) was talking to is Kouji...so, on that note, I'd like to add a new rule to our list: "No bunnying without permission". I can't believe I forgot that one.

Don't worry, K_S. That rule was not present when you posted, so I will let it slide.

Edit: Eh, you did it again. Kouji Kaminari is NOT an NPC. He's my character, and you may not bunny him without permission. So refrain from doing so. That is all.

Last edited:

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
crap-ole' 7_7 sorry.

Anyway... Tsuki needs a partner, Hotshot, you wanna team up?

Last edited:

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
No i mean like, Tsuki's only way of fighting is partnering up with someone an turning herself into a weapon.

Hotshot

Still waiting for Etsuya to meet someone.

I'm bringing them there. Almost finished with my post.

Edit: Just so those of you in Group Two know...these ninja are probably the most deadly warriors your character has ever met. They specialize in appearing and disappearing within the span of a second. And they won't go down easily. In fact, this fight should last us a while.

For those of you in Group One, you will be getting your action shortly.

Edit 2 (to answer Killer_Squirtle's question): It's 11 AM where I live.

Last edited:

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Dude, what time is it there? It's almost 11 here.

Hotshot

Okay, just a reminder, these ninja are master martial artists, experts at stealth and deception, and very, very, VERY adept at killing.

I guess to give you guys an idea as to what we're up against, I'll post some info about some of them...

The Ninja-fighting-Yurihime - Leader of the bunch; is most adept in the wielding of a ninjato (short-ish ninja sword). Also capable of performing some elemental magic, primarily fire.

The Archer-Ninja-who-will-be-fighting-Ninigi - Basically, the guy who never gets hurt. He stands around and kills people from far away with poison-tipped arrows.

The Rest-of-the-Bunch - These guys all wield the typical ninja-accessories: shuriken (throwing stars), ninjato (ninja swords), smoke bombs, and the like. They are also capable of performing fire magic.

A note for the fire magic: When performed by humans, fire magic nearly always must come from the mouth, so the ninja must pull down their masks in order to let loose their fiery might.