• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of Kami (RPG Thread)

Hotshot

1311194573.png

(Rated PG-15 for epic violence, use of alcohol, possible sexual themes and suggestive situations)

*****​

It was early in the morning; the sun had risen only an hour before. It shone brightly over Ashihara-no-Nakatsukuni, blessing the country’s inhabitants with its warmth and light. All was peaceful, as it had been for many years. There was stability in the land. There was very little fighting: minor arguing, the occasional squabble, or the sporadic yokai attacks. But other than that, all was well in Ashihara.

The sun gleamed off the polished mane of a jade shisa guardian, seated on its haunches, keeping watch over the entrance to Honden Shrine. Everything about this lion-dog statue seemed to ward off any evil that dared venture near: the fierce look in its shining eyes, the eternal growl carved into its elaborate visage, the raised claw that looked as though it could tear a man to shreds.

There was silence. No sounds or movements within the forest. No noises from within the sacred shrine.

Until a figure appeared before it, seemingly out of nowhere. He stepped forward, approaching the shrine’s entrance, an autumn breeze blowing through his wild and unkempt brown hair. He paid the shisa guardian no heed, passing it by without a second thought. As he slid open the door into the shrine, a smirk crossed his features.

“Somebody’s gonna get it.”

The Honden Shrine led back outside, to the walled entrance of another, more important, shrine. There was a breathtaking stairway chiseled into the very mountain itself. Thousands of stairs led up to the second shrine, Ise Shrine, where Amaterasu, the kami of the sun, was honored.

Ise Shrine was several stories tall, and situated at the top of an immense mountain, high in the clouds. Trees wound their way up the mountain, their roots clinging to the mountainside for support. The shrine itself had been made to shimmer in the sun’s rays, built and decorated with bronze, silver, and gold.

The figure had, by now, reached the top of the stairway and was approaching Ise Shrine’s great doors. Two monks with shaven heads stood guard at the entrance, armed with naginata spears and garbed in red robes with gold linings. They eyed the approaching figure suspiciously.

“Halt,” spoke one, blocking the figure’s path with his weapon. “Only the servants of Amaterasu are permitted to enter here. Who are you?”

The figure stopped, but didn’t spare the monk a glance. Smirking, he said, “The name’s Kaminari Omikami. And I want my scroll back.”

A moment later, both monks lay dead at his feet.

Kaminari flung open the doors of Ise Shrine and stepped arrogantly inside.

“What’s up, baldies?”

A dozen shaved heads turned. A few moments later, a dozen monks were strewn across the room dead or unconscious.

Kaminari hurried across the room, passing pillars and plates of burning incense. He scowled at the smell. He hated the smell of burning incense. It made him gag. As he reached the end of a hall and barreled past a couple of guards, a thundering bell started to ring. An emergency bell. Great, just great.

He dispatched the guards easily and broke into a sprint, hurtling up a staircase four steps at a time. When he reached the second floor, he found a young monk no older than himself cowering in the corner with a box of scrolls held tightly to his chest. The scrolls piqued Kaminari’s interest for a moment, but he quickly recognized that none of them could be his. He looked at the boy and sighed.

In one swift motion, he slammed the young monk into the wall, rendering him unconscious. The boy slumped to the floor in a heap, the box of scrolls spilling its contents all over the place.

Kaminari turned his attention back to the matter at hand. He mentally cursed himself for causing such a ruckus. He had never been very good at stealth, and now the whole shrine knew about his arrival.

No matter. Spilling the blood of Amaterasu’s monks didn’t weigh upon his conscience in the least. After all, they were just bald, stupid people. The world needed less of them anyway.

He rocketed up another flight of stairs and into a wide hall, where he found seven monks rippling with muscles in battle-stances, poised for a fight. Their eyes fixed upon Kaminari. But Kaminari’s eyes had fixed upon the pair of huge doors at the back of the hall.

That’s gotta be it, he thought. Of course that’s where they’d keep it.

The monk in the middle formed a sign with his hands, channeling his energies into a summons. Kaminari knew the drill. The monk would use his focused energy to summon a yokai, a mystical monster or spirit, to his aid.

Didn’t matter. Kaminari knew his way around the spirit world. He could handle anything this monk could bring.

Seishin o furuiokosu – Nurikabe!

A solid stone wall, six inches thick, rose from the ground, blocking the monks from view and obstructing Kaminari’s path. He glanced to his right; instantly, another wall protruded from the first, forming a semicircle around him and reconnecting to the original wall. He was trapped. Kaminari looked up. The wall wasn’t any more than ten feet high; he could easily jump that. But he knew better; the wall was infinite in all directions. It would simply keep building itself up to keep Kaminari in.

The young man grinned. “So this is a nurikabe,” he murmured. “Interesting.”

On the other side of the wall, the seven monks kept their eyes trained on the place Kaminari would be. They knew not how powerful this wayward monk was, but they weren’t taking any chances. They remained quiet, completely focused on the matter at hand. All was silent.

Knock, knock, knock.

The seven monks tensed up as a door formed on the wall. The handle jiggled a moment, then turned, and the door was swung open. Nothing came out. The monks remained still, concentrating.

Still nothing.

Suddenly, the middle monk felt a presence behind him. Kaminari leaned nonchalantly against his back, his arms folded across his chest, one leg crossing the other, a wicked grin plastered on his face.

The monk’s eyes widened. As he whirled around, throwing a high-kick in Kaminari’s direction, Kaminari ducked and slammed his heel into the monk’s groin. The monk’s knees buckled, but not before his face had met Kaminari’s other foot, aimed right for his nose. The robed warrior toppled backwards.

The other six monks were upon him now.

Kaminari threw himself onto his hands and split-kicked two monks in their necks, sending them tumbling backwards, gasping for breath. Grinning wildly, he launched himself above the others in a back-flip and landed nimbly behind one of his remaining opponents. Gripping the monk by the shoulders, Kaminari flung him mercilessly into a pillar and drilled a fist savagely into his gut. The monk crumpled to the floor.

“Three to go,” Kaminari muttered, whirling around just in time to block a punch with his forearm. He snaked his arm around the arm of his opponent, grabbed hold, and elbowed him ruthlessly in the face. Still grasping the monk’s arm, Kaminari hurled him into another monk, just as this one was about to launch himself into a kick. Both monks were sent sprawling backwards.

He turned his attention next on the final monk, who clasped his hands together and made a series of intricate signs with his entwined fingers.

Kaminari could’ve sworn the monk had flipped him off in one of those hand-signs.

Teeth clenched, the monk growled, “Seishin o furuiokosu – Inugami!

Instantly, two wispy forms materialized at his sides, taking the shape of snarling dogs. The canines fixed their feral eyes on Kaminari and bared their teeth. One of them barked at him threateningly.

Kaminari scowled. He knew these beasts could talk, but they weren’t about to grace him with their words.

The dog spirits came hurtling towards him, trails of a gray mist in their wake. The one who reached Kaminari first met his fist and was dispelled in a swirling cloud. Kaminari couldn’t help but snicker at the weak summons. He turned his attention next to the other inugami, which was about to bite his neck. Kaminari leaped backwards, the dog’s vicious jaws snapping at air instead of flesh and bone.

But the inugami was agile, and had leaped once more an instant after it touched ground. Kaminari skidded backwards as the dog spirit came at him again. A sneer crossed his face. He threw his hands together, instinctively forming a sign with his fingers. He completed the hand-sign a mere moment before the dog reached his face. The inugami dissipated into nothingness an inch from his nose.

Kaminari cast a glance in the remaining monk’s direction and raised an eyebrow. The monk’s eyes were wide with horror. He staggered back as Kaminari approached.

“Don’t worry,” Kaminari said assuredly, cracking his knuckles and grinning savagely. “I’ll make this quick and painless. Relatively.”

“Y-You’ve come for the scroll, haven’t you?” the monk stammered, clenching his fists tight and raising them defensively.

Kaminari stopped advancing. He raised an eyebrow. “Yes. It’s mine. And you guys took it.”

Through gritted teeth, the monk hissed, “The Iza no Kinshi Sukurōru belongs to no man. No mortal could control its power.”

Kaminari’s eyes narrowed. “Try me.”

Just moments later, Kaminari was stepping over the fallen monk’s body and heading briskly towards the two great doors at the back of the hall. He flung them open and stormed inside, where he found an enormous altar. There, upon the altar, lay the Forbidden Scroll of Izanagi. Kaminari snatched up the scroll and thrust it into the empty loops of his sash.

Folding his arms over his chest and smirking victoriously, Kaminari scanned the sacred room for anything he could deface or defile. These guys had earned it.

His gaze fixed upon a gold statue built in Amaterasu’s likeness. A wicked grin crossed his features. He approached it.

And then he mooned the sun goddess.

Kaminari snickered to himself as he hoisted his pants back up and retied his sash. He rubbed his hands together, satisfied with his work, and headed out.

It wasn’t long before he reached the bottom of the shrine’s massive staircase. He reentered Honden Shrine to exit, but found someone seated in the middle of the room, waiting for him. Kaminari nearly jumped out of his skin in surprise when the form rose to its full height – nearly nine feet tall.

It was a man of muscular build, with a low brow, dark eyes, and a permanent scowl etched onto his face. His head was shaved, like those of the monks Kaminari had recently dispatched. He was clad in a robe and armor, and a menacing spear was slung across his back. The towering man fixed his eyes upon Kaminari, who gulped. This was no ordinary monk. This was a kami. This was a god.

In a deep, earth-shaking voice, he rumbled, “You have tainted sacred ground. You have slain those entrusted to me. I smell the blood on your hands.”

“You’re...Idaten,” Kaminari said, staring at the hulking figure and trying to keep his knees from knocking together.

Idaten’s eyes flashed. “God and protector of monks. And you have called down my wrath.”

Kaminari’s eyes widened. He tore past Idaten, making a beeline for the door. But before he could make his escape, Idaten swung his mighty weapon. Kaminari dove forward, missing the spear’s tip by a hair. The weapon struck the ground instead, and caused an explosion of power to burst forth. The blast tore Honden Shrine to pieces and rocked the very mountain itself.

Kaminari was hurled several hundred feet into the air, clutching frantically to his scroll, lest he lose it again. It wasn’t long before he felt himself falling, plummeting back down to earth. He turned over in the air, his mind racing for some idea, some way to save himself.

He looked down. The trees below were rushing towards him quickly, beckoning him to his death. Kaminari winced, the wind whistling in his ear. He scanned the trees, searching hysterically for some way of preserving his life.

There!

Through the trees, he saw the glint of the sun off a water surface. A river, he thought, furiously readjusting himself in midair to fall into the water. He knew it would hurt like heck, plummeting headfirst into a river, and he didn’t even know how deep it really was, but anything was better than being splattered all over the forest bed.

A split-second later, he fell through an opening in the tree canopies and plunged into the river.

Everything went black.

=========================

Several hours later, in the ever-unfortunate village of Suzuka, a beautiful young woman made her way through the village’s small marketplace. The nineteen-year-old caught a glimpse of a couple of teenage boys ogling her hips as she passed by. She made a mental note to kill them later.

Faking a brazen smile and winking over her shoulder at the boys, she whispered, “Come by my place tonight and I’ll show you what else these can do.”

Nosebleeds all around. She laid a hand on the hilt of her sword at her side as she continued on her way. Her bronze eyes flashed red for an instant.

Her name was Tomoe Muramasa.

She weaved her way through the bustling villagers, smiling at a couple of acquaintances as she passed by.

But Tomoe paid no one any further heed. She was eager to begin her day’s sword-training. She couldn’t wait for the calm, soothing sound of flowing water, or the feeling of loose gravel between her toes. The peaceful setting helped to keep her under control when she unsheathed the deadly Muramasa blade, Juuchi Yosamu.

She glanced around to make sure no one was watching, for fear that someone may discover her secret training-place, and then plunged into a thicket. Tomoe emerged several seconds later in a beautiful, forested setting with a floor of tiny pebbles banking a narrow stream several feet deep. On most days, she would take off her clothes and bathe in the cool, soothing river. She had already removed her boots when she noticed something lying face-up halfway in the water.

Casting her boots aside, she rushed to the river and bent over the wet form. It was a young man, about eighteen, she guessed, half-drowned and completely soaked. Beside him lay a large scroll that was, very strangely, totally dry. But Tomoe wasn’t thinking about the scroll. She dropped to her knees, swept her lavender hair behind her ear, and pressed the side of her face against the young man’s chest.

“He’s still alive,” she said aloud, lifting her head and looking at the mysterious guy’s face. “Guess this means I have to carry him back. Not sure how I feel about that.”

Kaminari awoke with a start and found himself staring up at a gorgeous young woman with lavender hair. She giggled and winked down at him. “Ah, you’re awake. That’s good. Uncle said you had sustained some serious internal damage and might not make it, but he’s just a pessimist. I told him I’d nurse you back to health.”

Kaminari raised an eyebrow. He tried to sit up, but cringed at the strain and lay back. He was lying on a cot in a small room with a paper-door and a small table. His body from the waist-down was covered by a blanket, and his torso was completely bare except for some bandages wrapped around his chest and left shoulder. “Where am I? Who are you?”

The girl giggled again. Leaning over him, the young woman said, “My name is Tomoe Muramasa, niece of the famed demon swordsmith, Muramasa himself. And you’re in Suzuka village. Found you washed up by the river.”

There was a pause, as Kaminari, still disoriented, tried to make sense of the words he was hearing. Tomoe smiled and continued, “Now tell me, who are you, mysterious-river-boy? And where did you come from?”

Kaminari, despite the soreness he felt all over, managed to prop himself up on his elbows. Craning his neck to meet Tomoe’s gaze, he said, “Name’s Kaminari Omikami. And I’m kinda on an important mission right now. I just got a little sidetracked when these monks stole my--”

He stopped, his eyes widening with horror.

“--the scroll! Where is it?” he demanded, rolling over onto his stomach with a pained grunt.

“That freaking big scroll you had with you?” Tomoe asked, pointing to the table on the other side of the room. “I put it over there.”

Kaminari wasted no time. He leaped to his feet and snatched up the scroll in his arms, grasping it tightly. Then the pain kicked in, and he collapsed to the floor with a groan.

Tomoe knelt beside him, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. “Wow, that scroll must be pretty important.” She extended a hand to the boy lying on the floor. “Come on, your other clothes should be dry by now. I’ll show you around Suzuka.”

When Kaminari had put his old clothes on, he followed Tomoe through several doorways and to the front room of the house. As she slid the door open, Tomoe turned her head and shouted, “Uncle! I’m taking the river-boy to see the village!”

Kaminari raised an eyebrow and glanced over his shoulder to see who she was yelling to. He could not, but he heard a loud grunt from somewhere deeper in the house. He felt a chill run up his spine. His eyes narrowed. There was a dark presence somewhere inside. Something demonic. He could feel it.

Before he followed Tomoe outside, he cast a suspicious glare back into the house and growled, “That wasn’t your uncle, was it?”

Tomoe sighed. Turning to Kaminari, she replied, “Some say my uncle is insane. Others think him demon-possessed. And some people think he’s just overly ambitious.”

“And what is he really?”

Tomoe placed her hands on her hips and fixed her eyes on Kaminari. Smiling mysteriously, she replied, “All of the above.”

With that, she turned on her heels and kept walking. Kaminari shrugged. “Good enough for me.”

“A word of advice,” Tomoe said, still walking. “Don’t get too close to my uncle when he’s got a sword. It’s just safer that way.”

She led him to a path of stones, which they followed, passing by several wooden houses raised off the ground on short wooden legs. Occasionally, they would pass an elderly man or woman sitting on the porch of such a house, or a small child playing on the side of the road.

It wasn’t long before they reached the central part of the village. There were dozens of houses now, and a great number of villagers were bustling back and forth. But Tomoe didn’t stop. She led him to the marketplace, where the majority of the villagers had gathered to shop or sell their wares. The villagers would step aside to allow them passage, dip their heads in respect, and then continue to stare at Tomoe and her companion as they passed by.

Tomoe turned a corner and disappeared from view. Kaminari followed after her. When he rejoined her she was agilely climbing onto the tile roof of a house, beckoning for him to come with her. Kaminari smirked.

He propelled himself off the building’s wall, and used his foot to launch himself off the wall of a neighboring house. In two wall-jumps, Kaminari had reached the tile roof and was standing next to Tomoe, gazing out over the village.

Tomoe smiled. “Welcome to Suzuka.”

rotrum

Ice Cold
The skyline of Suzuka was not exactly the most beautiful thing in the world, although the mountains in the background most certainly begged to differ, but it was a new and interesting sight. Right now, part of the skyline included two people, who looked about the same age as they stared at the own from a random rooftop-quite likely lovers, travelers, or both (Just had to.). Another part of the skyline was a small bump along the rooftops, elsewhere.

This bump was moving, a sheer white moving bump with a straight line along its back. Said bump suddenly stopped moving, and straightened up, standing on the rooftop and looking at the town that he had heard of and decided to visit-to broaden his horizons. It was always interesting when he visited a new town.

Said bump's name was Mozu Wairudo, and said line that rain across his back was Hitoribocchi no Sadame-his Kusarigama. In fact, Mozu's apparently tail was overlapped by the ribbon that hung from the shaft of his Kusarigama. A small ingot interrupted his shape.

"Another small village. Nothing new here, though" He muttered quietly, looking over at the male and female who seemed to be enjoying the elevated view of the village. "But I guess I'll see if I can atleast hear anything interesting. Plus there was those rumors from earlier, the demented swordsmith." He looked at Hitoribochci no Sadame. "Then again, what use would a swordsmith be.."

He shrugged, which looked very strange on his body. Before looking around and seeing a woman stumbling around with a ton of stuff. He sighed, too easy. Instead, he exhaled, as suddenly the various things she bought balanced out, and she suddenly began walking perfectly fine. She walked out of sight, and his good hearing picked up a crash. He snickered before looking around the town again. "Magic Sniping," he called it.

A guy walked down the road a girl following him, as he turned his head in the other direction and she continually grabbed at his arm. But he tore away. He shrugged, less creative. He blew into the air, as the shoulders of the guy's shirt literally began growing frost on them. Not a lot, but a literal and visible cold shoulder.

He yawned, a breeze whipping around him. His white ribbon fluttered in the air before he quickly dashed down a few building's rooftops. The earlier wind fluttered by a certain couple on rooftop, raising an already revealing miniskirt as a kamaitachi laughed and dashed off, weighing practically nothing.

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
Akari house

“Yahoo! I feel great!” Jun exclaimed as he jumped out of his wicker bed. It was a shining morning in the town of Suzuka and The great Savior rose from its chambers. ”Humph look at those people all getting ready to work,” Junichi replied as he stood on a fallen tree, looking down on the residents. “Ha, I have no schedule I’m my own man! No one tell me Junichi Akari what to do! Aha ha ha!”

“Junichi! Will you please be quiet; you’re knocking the fur off of me!” Furyoku, a brown and silver like weasel shouted as Jun picked up his red headband. “Junichi how many times have I told you not to shout out to the world that you feel ‘great’. It’s not that good, how could it be its morning.”

“Aww shaddup, you just hate mornings c’mon get up!” Jun grabbed his scarf and wrapped it around his neck making sure to cover his mark on his shoulder. “Junichi cant we sleep for five more minutes I mean what’s the hurry it’s not like anyone’s waiting for you.” The kamaitachi flipped the covers backed over his head.

“WHAT?! What do you mean no one waiting for me; don’t you know they all worship me? They love me. I am The great Savior of Suzuka!” Junichi jumped up. “I said let’s go!”

Grabbing the weasel in his hands Jun shoved his dagger into his pocket and rushed out the door.

Suzuka

Entering the town of Suzuka Jun ran into the marketplace of the town right in the center. Rolling his eyes around Junichi spotted an older women sitting in a shop. The older woman, in her late 60s looked up at Jun. “Oh hello honey, come to help an old lady today?” The woman asked sipping her ice cold tea.

“Of course whoever wouldn’t need my help?” Jun said arrogantly. “I definitely don’t.” Furyoku said eying Jun with sleepy eyes.
“Well that’s nice dear I just need a few mango fruits for my shop. Would you mind getting some for me?”

“Another go-fetch-me something quest? C’mon I’m better than this I’m the savior, the savior I tell you!” Junichi replied steamily. “I should be going out fighting bad guys. Don’t you have someone you need beating up? Huh? Anyone? How bout that guy over there, he’s looking you up and down like he knows you. I should teach him a thing or two. Hey you, yeah you, what are you looking at, is she so interesting to you or something?” Jun said jumping up and down.

“Jun, dearie, that’s my husband. Remember you help him last week?”

“Oh yeah hey old man, how it going? Heh heh.” Jun rubbed the back of his head. “Junichi sometimes I really question your stupidity.” The kamaitachi jumped off of Jun’s shoulder and landed on the ground with a dud.

“Oh never mind Jun I have some right here Can’t believe I didn’t see it before well I guess you don’t need to fetch them after all.” Jun sighed. “Now anything will be worth doing. Just for the money.” Jun walked up the market place street when he looked to his side. A monk with robes walked passed him with a girl. The monk look frightened and his eyes were wide. Yet he still had an arrogant look to him. “Great just what we need another outsider.”

"Uh Junicihi? Youre back pocket is bleeding." Furyoku smirked. With that Jun walked on.

Last edited:

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
The Mountains on the side of Suzuka, Hakurei Shrine.

"Raaaaymoooo..."

"Raaaaymoooo...!"

"Raaaaaaaaymooooooo!"

"...What? Can't you see I'm trying to enjoy my tea here?"

"Lets go out and play~!"

"There's no reason to-"

"PLEASEEEEEEEEE!"

"Well, I needed to buy stuff anyway." Reimu sighs, putting down her warm cup of tea.

"Yay~!" Nanaya jumped in joy, her face shining with happiness like the bright glare of the sun. Her sword waved in the movement, clanging softly with her gauntlet. The red-eyed girl looked down the mountainside, pondering as her gaze met Suzuka...

"Reimu, what are you looking at?" Nanaya poked Reimu's cheek, giggling to herself as she pressed her finger further in, only to pull it back swiftly before she would irritate Reimu enough for her to...

"I was just thinking about how to get the people down there to come to my shrine and donate. I'm short on money and have been for quite some time now." Reimu had picked up her tea cup by now and took a small sip from it.

"Silly Reimu! No one comes to your shrine because there's no god here anymore." Nanaya giggled once again, now sitting beside Reimu and fiddling with Reimu's gohei.

"Well, with this money that I still have, I'm gonna have to buy some tea. Lets go, Nana." Reimu left her tea cup on the wooden floor of the temple and started walking towards the flight of stairs downwards.

"Whee~!" Nanaya hopped off the elevated temple floor and skipped to Reimu's side.

------

Suzuka

"Wow, Reimu, you never told be you had friends!"

"What!? No, no no no. I've always had friends, dummy. Did you fall down or something?"

"Hey. Hey Reimu, we've reached town."

"Is that so?"

Reimu and Nanaya strolled into town, passing house after house. Soon, the people living here actually noticed them, and just gave them awkward stares. Reimu never really liked to come into Suzuka because of this. It was like everyone was looking at her thinking 'Oh, look, it's that shrine maiden. I heard her shrine doesn't have a god!" And all those sorts of crappy talk. Nanaya on the other hand, was enjoying the journey here, smiling and waving to everyone, and not feeling bad when even the children didn't respond to her hellos. Soon enough, they reached the marketplace.

Last edited:

Hotshot

As Kaminari and Tomoe stood atop a roof, gazing across the span of the village, a cold breeze caught Tomoe's miniskirt, lifting it even higher. The kunoichi thrust her hands downward to suppress the rising of her skirt and shot a glance in Kaminari's direction. The wild-haired monk was looking in the opposite direction.

Her eyes narrowed. If he had managed to sneak a glance between her legs, then he was certainly hiding it well.

That wasn't any ordinary wind, she thought, her eyes scanning the surrounding rooftops. That was directed, well-timed...deliberate.

Her assassin's gaze fixed upon a moving form not far off. It was small and hardly noticeable, but its white hue gave it away to her keen eyes. She laid a hand on the hilt of the sword at her side. She felt it pulsing with dark energy, reaching into the demonic realms...sensing the presence of spirits and magic.

She recognized the indistinct aura as a yokai's. Years of training had taught her to feel their presence. An assassin untrained in this area may fall prey to spirits and demons unseen by mortal eyes.

Tomoe looked over at Kaminari. "I'll be right back," she said coolly, crouching low and vanishing in a blur of dark blue.

Kaminari, still looking the opposite direction, said in a muffled voice, "Yeah, sure. That's cool."

When he was sure she had gone, he turned around and lowered the hand he had used to cup his bleeding nose. His cheeks were tinged red.

He had seen.

Shaking the blood off his hand, Kaminari murmured, "Wow. Somebody with wind magic just made my day. Score one for Kaminari!"

Meanwhile, Tomoe was moving swiftly and silently through the shadows in the alleys below Mozu, watching the kamaitachi as he scampered along the rooftops. When he came to a stop, she lowered herself into a crouch and propelled herself into a side-flip onto a roof.

She hurled a handful of shuriken mid-flip, all aimed to stop the weasel from escaping. Tomoe landed in a crouched position, like a serpent waiting to strike. One hand rested on her sheath, the other on her sword's hilt. Her eyes flashed red.

Now that she had the kamaitachi's undivided attention, she hissed, "New here? You must be, because you obviously don't know how things work around Suzuka. You see, I'm the village's top assassin. And you don't mess with a village's top assassin."

She smiled coyly. "So what's it going to be, ferret-face? Repent and die painlessly? Or refuse and die with a scream on your lips and the fangs of a demon ripping you apart?"

A figure appeared between Reimu and Nanaya as they entered the marketplace. Running a hand through his wild hair, Kaminari strode forward, casting a glance over his shoulder at the two teenage girls. He flashed a practiced smile in their direction.

"Well, hello, ladies," he said, turning to face them, his hands on his hips. He leaned back a bit and looked them up and down. His eyes fixed on Reimu. "I may be new here myself, but even I can tell that you're not from around here either."

The monk leaned closer, "inspecting" Reimu's miko outfit. Stroking his chin, he said, "A shrine maiden, eh? Interesting. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Must not be a very important shrine... All the big shrines have enlisted trained monks for extra protection."

He grinned, a hint of malice apparent in his eyes. "Things have gotten more dangerous lately...so I hear."

Before they could say anything, Kaminari folded his arms over his chest and continued, "The name's Kaminari Omikami. And it's your lucky day. My hot guide just ran off to kill somebody, so I figured I'd hang with you lovely ladies."

Last edited:

rotrum

Ice Cold
Mozu quickly ran across the rooftops, wind acting as a counterbalance that kept gravity from hampering his speed and allowing him to jet along the rooftops quickly. He didn't look back. As lax of a lifestlye that he had, his battle instincts never got any duller. He tasted the wind as a he ran. He was being followed. ****. Mrs. LookAtMeICanWearSlatternClothes was fast. And quite likely ready to attack him. Double ****.

The air quickly began cooling, moisture in the air gathering around him, making the area humid and cool. He stopped, it was a good a place as any. He grabbed Hitoribocchi no Sadame and quickly got into a defensive stance as numerous shuriken bit through the air. He quickly calculated, the wind suddenly becoming fierce and crazy. He gave up his gimmick already, deciding it was the easiest way to defend himself. The ribbon extended, a fierce wind and an powerful vacuum quickly causing it to form a maze of white and black, the shuriken becoming targets as he knocked them out of the air quickly.

"New here? Pretty much. But if this village's practically topless assassin wants to challenge me, she can." Mozu said calmly, as his focus was mostly directed at navigating the ingot at the end of his sickle, and emotion would only get in the way. "However. I can assure you, I'll be walking out of here alive."

He quickly began spinning his kusarigama with his amazingly dextrous paws, the ribbon, having been all over the place from blocking shuriken, began spiralling at the Kunoichi at high speeds. Using this mostly as a distraction, and knowing how agile his opponent was, he was simply biding his time such that she did not notice the temperature of the air getting lower, and lower. The colder it was, the better. Similarly, he continued to gather moisture into the air.

As soon as the ingot would reach it's destination, whether or not it would hit her, Mozu would fly upwards. Not even looking at whether or not it was an effective attack, he slammed into the rooftop with his kusarigama, a blast of air sending him upwards. Using similar aerodynamics as those of an airfoil, he caused the air below him to be denser than the air above him in order to keep him aloft.

He quickly span Hitoribocchi no Sadame, whipping the air in the immediate area into storm-class winds as he attempted to discourage her from continuing her assault by disabling projectiles and by making it difficult to get into the air without counterwind magic. He just needed to bide his time, until his ice magic was at full capacity. He had to rely on Kusarigamajutsu and wind magic, since his extending ribbon trick was already blown.

For the element of surprise was vital to the Kamaitachi. Stealth was already blown, and she seemed to be atleast as agile as he was.

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
Reimu facepalmed. She really didn't want any kind of commotion to happen while she was in her little visit in the village, especially with a sort of newcomer who doesn't seem to know about the rumors in town. The people near the three of them started whispering and staring. Nanaya looked at Reimu and giggled to herself, before turning to face Kaminari. As Reimu was thinking silently to herself, Nanaya stepped up towards Kaminari.

"You're... going to follow us?" Nanaya tilted her head to the side alittle, with a cat-like smile slowly creeping it's way out onto her face.

Reimu pulled her hand off her now, slightly reddish forehead, sighing to herself.

"You really should go, ya' know. Most people don't even talk to us, let alone approach us. Rumors and the sort. If you don't wanna become the talk of the town for being the crazy guy who starts talking to the-" Reimu clears her throat. "Rumored miko of misfortune..." She then sighs again, mumbling alittle. "Yeaah, you should go."

By the time she had finished saying that, Nanaya was already pulling Kaminari away, clinging to his arm, giggling.

Reimu facepalmed again, before running up towards them, while mumbling yet again.

"So, your name's Kaminari~" Nanaya giggles yet again. "Such a nice sounding name, mines Nanaya. Nanaya Hijiri~." Nanaya subconsciously tugs on Kaminari's arm, pressing her fairly respectable bust harder to her chest.

(Note that I underlined subconsciously. Nana's a innocent littl' girl.)

Last edited:

Hotshot

Tomoe's eyes narrowed. A smirk crossed her features. Still in a crouched position, ready to strike, the kunoichi followed Mozu's movements with her penetrating gaze. She took a deep breath, relaxing her tense muscles to feel the air around her.

A trail of goosebumps ran up her nearly-bare back and arms. This weasel was using more than just the wind. Tomoe's grip on her sword-hilt tightened. "Being 'practically topless' has its advantages," she growled, recalling the kamaitachi's cold words. "I can feel you changing the air's temperature. But if that's the best you can do, then it's too bad you picked a fight with me."

Still gripping the hilt of her sheathed blade, Tomoe made a hand-sign in front of her face with her free hand. She felt her inner energy, her ki, swirling together in the pit of her stomach. Heat rose up in her chest and throat. The assassin's cheeks flushed bright red as she sucked in, her lungs filling with the oxygen needed to ignite a powerful blast.

Kasai gijutsu.

Then she exhaled, sending a steady stream of red-orange fire rocketing toward her opponent. The inferno consumed Mozu, rapidly raising the temperature of the air around him and blasting the weasel out of the sky. But Tomoe wasn't about to stop there. She followed her attack, leaping agilely onto another rooftop and flipping through the air at Mozu.

Hurling herself in the weasel's direction, Tomoe removed a long knife previously hidden in one of her boots, holding it blade-down. Her other hand hovered ever-ready on the sword-sheath at her side. She slashed at the kamaitachi, but her short weapon's blade met his raised scythe. With a scowl she drew back, her knife at the ready.

She cast a quick glance down at her sword-sheath. It seemed to stare back at her, tempting her to draw upon its might. She felt its dark, brooding power begin to thicken the air around her, calling to her.

She shook her head, trying to resist the temptation to use her sword. A Muramasa sword cannot be sheathed until it tastes blood, she reminded herself. Its bloodthirst consumes its wielder. Better to wait until absolutely necessary.

Tomoe scoffed. As if.

"You really should go, ya' know. Most people don't even talk to us, let alone approach us. Rumors and the sort. If you don't wanna become the talk of the town for being the crazy guy who starts talking to the-" Reimu clears her throat. "Rumored miko of misfortune..."

Kaminari smirked. "Well, I am a little crazy. And nobody knows 'misfortune' quite like me." He flashed his toothy grin at her again. "I think we'll get along just fine--Whoa!"

He was promptly interrupted by Nanaya, who practically hurled herself upon him, catching his arm and dragging him off in another direction. Kaminari was about to object when he felt his arm press against something soft. Then two of them as Nanaya innocently pulled him closer, leading him into the marketplace.

Kaminari felt his face grow hot and another part of his body start to stiffen.

"So, your name's Kaminari~" Nanaya giggles yet again. "Such a nice sounding name, mines Nanaya. Nanaya Hijiri~."

Kaminari laughed, obviously enjoying himself. Grinning impishly, he said, "Nanaya. That's a nice name. Go on, tell me more about yourself. I don't mind." He winked at the pretty girl. "I don't mind at all."

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Yuuna Kiyomizu

It was a bright da,y blue skies and slightly cloudy; a wonderful time for taking a nice long walk and soak in some sunlight. In quieter less populated area of Suzuka. A few people were standing around just outside one of the buildings, their eyes staring at the doorway. They whisper quietly to one another. Then the door slid open quite smoothly and quietly until it reached its stopping point with a thump. Out came a young girl: her skinned lightly darkened by the sun, long medium brown hair in two ponytails that reach far down her back, bright blue eyes and the traditional white and red attire; her name is Yuuna Kiyomizu and she was an priestess despite her age. Well in-training she hadn’t gone through all her lessons before she was forced to travel. Eyes stared at her waiting to hear what she would say. A smile spread across her face.

“The evil spirits haunting this tea house has been vanquish, Ma’am.” The young teenage girl announced in a polite manner and the group was absolute elated. An older red lady strolled up with a huge grin.

“Thank you so much young priestess,” she bow her head in respects before opening a pouch. She gave her some money in bills. “As a token of our gratitude, please stay for some tea.”

“I‘m must decline. I have to meet someone.” Yuuna refused the offered; she kept a smile and held her arms in front of her at the top of her legs. “It‘s was a pleasure making your acquaintance.” Bowing back at them she turned and began to walk away her loose clothing sway with every footstep. Many people voiced their opinion about her being a polite youth unlike so many these days. Not that the brown-haired girl was really paying much attention, she had other things on her mind. “The market place, that’s where my brother is,” Picking up her pace a bit the roads was slowly increasing in people.

++++++++

Senri Kiyomizu

The market area was bustling with people at this time. It seemed to always be busy throughout the day until the store opens until it closes. Browsing at a fish stand was Senri Kiyomizu: young tall man in his early twenties, brown-hair and a disguise scar going down from the left corner of his mouth. His brown eyes stared intently closely examining each and every fish; when it came to fish he could spot excellent quality fish with no problem. The man wasn’t alone standing in front of him was a chubby, brown haired boy: that little guy went by the name of Ponta. The kid shared a similar accessory, a straw hair that cast a shadow over his face.

“That big fish looks like a good, Tanu.” Ponta pointed at it, his big brown eyes excitedly looked. It seemed he really enjoyed the smell of food in the marketplace. He quivered happily as if he was preparing himself for to snatch the fish right off the stand.

“It looks like you eye for spotting good fish is getting better, but we can‘t get that one. Kuon doesn’t like that type of fish.” The kid looked absolutely shattered by that fact, wearing new sad expression… It was like he lost something precious. He quietly said good-bye to the large tasty fish. Senri ignore the expression or he might be tempted to buy it anyways. He looked at some trout, the catch seemed really good and the coloration of them was just perfect. With his close examination, they seem the best choice. His armored hand began to go for them only to stopping suddenly.

A commotion has arisen in the sound of two young kids. People stumbled and moved swiftly out of the way. Giggles from a girl rung through the crowd and an anger voice emerge. The hasty footsteps grew closer and closer to Senri until the pair revealed themselves in a close up view. In front was a young girl with brown hair wearing orange and red flower print kimono, following behind was a smaller boy with black in a large cloak. The girl looked absolutely amused, as she clutched something tightly in her hands; the boy had the opposite emotion, anger.

“This is not funny Kuon, give it back!” the smaller boy yelled furiously at the girl called Kuon. He was able to follow her quick speed and swift direction changes. His cloak swayed but it was kept fairly close to his body. They did a circle around the man’s legs ending up stopping on opposite sides of them.

“I am a great ninja. You must catch me to get it back.” She responded with giggles holding up a mask to her face; she was obviously just playing around, not taking the other boy seriously. His name was Tenma by the way. That in itself seem to make him even angrier and the chase began once again as they ran loose circle around Senri. In one of their passes they forced Ponta back making him bump into the fish stand. It violently shook with the impact of the hefty young boy.

“Enough both of you,” The man in his early twenty raised his voice and both stopped in their place turning and looked. He was giving both of them a stern looked which made them dropped their head. “Now, what’s going on here?” The small black-haired boy turned his head to find the brown-haired girl wasn’t in the same location anymore. It took only a short glance around to find her; she was snuggling up to his leg. That even more infuriated him.

“Senri, she took my mask.” Tenma stated the reason before throwing a glare at that Kuon; she didn’t seem phased at what he said. The brown eyes of Senri turned to her wait for her explanation. Her large brown eyes looked innocently up at him.

“Tenma said I could see it.” That was her claim; she said in such a sweet and cute voice.

“‘See it’ doesn‘t mean snatch out of my hand and run away with it!” he retorted, his voice was rising in fury again.

“Maybe it wouldn‘t so much of a problem if you weren’t so sting with all your stuff!” The girl’s voice began to rise as well at his anger. The two began to have a fierce glare off, as if to see which one would back down first.

“Taaanuuu…” That was all the chubby boy got out as looked back and forth between the two of them in this rage-filled tension. It was starting to gather attention; a few people stopped whispering under their breath to a close by person. Others took a glance and kept on walking. Nevertheless it was a small commotion and the fish dealer was getting upset, not liking the negativity was bringing. This made the guy a little nervous, it was harder to bargain with people that didn’t like you, and there was another reason…

These three kids, human they may appear were really yokai: Kuon was a Kitsune, Ponta was a Tanuki, and Tenma was a Tengu. Each one of them had the ability to transform thus explain their current appearance. Even though they were ‘monsters’ they were still only kids represented by the form they had taken; however, kids or not they were still not welcomed by the majority of humans. Senri was in one of the few that didn’t hate yokai; he showed them respect as if they were any other person. He had even taken them in and if someone found out this would be a dispute he couldn’t easily settle.

“Kuon, give Tenma back his mask and apologize.” Senri had a fatherly tone voice and he looked back down at creature just behind his legs. He had an unsympathetic look which made her drop her head in sadness. She didn’t seem to like be on the other end of his scolding. Her brown eyes looked up towards the shorter boy.

“… Okay. I‘m sorry.” She walked closer holding out the mask. It was black made with what looked like black feathers that shimmer in the light. A part stuck like the beak of a bird. In that short moment that all that could be seen about it before he snatched out of her hand and it disappeared under the veil of his black clothing. Senri kneeled down to pat the girl on top of her head, her frown almost instantly turned to a smile. Tenma however still wasn’t a least bit happy as he wore a peeved off expression. There was silence not counting people that weren’t involved, the tension had ease but not completely gone.

“Tenma.” He gave the young Tengu a look and he knew what he had to do. He just didn’t want to, since he was still quite mad at her. Maybe it was that carefree expression of her or the fact she so easily just brushed off the whole incident. His blue-eyed glared met Senri intense stare… He looked like didn’t want to do it but finally just let out a sigh.

“….. I forgive you… Kuon” Came out the words, forced and sounded insincere. But, human guy accepted it reaching out to pat his head… That seemed to have calmed him down a bit. The chubby brown hair boy cheered, happily about them all being friends again, the crow stood there with a neutral expression. Senri stood back up and returned to his shopping. This time all three of them stayed in close viewable range of him: Tenma little off from the group, Kuon continue her cuddling to Senri and Ponta’s interest returned to the fish.

++++++++

Back to Yuuna

In another area of the marketplace Yuuna had just arrived scanning the area for her brother Senri; easier said than done and not just because there were a lot of people. Cold shivers crept up her spine… quite strange. She looked around but there didn’t seem to be anything unusual. Shrugging it off as nothing for now looked around moving closer to the stands, thinking that maybe Senri would be in the area where the sold fish. She spotted someone with brown hair and wearing a straw hat. She moved quickly.

“Senri, Senri ” she called out as she went rushing approaching the man she knew when she got really close that something was wrong, since even in the crowd he would have been able to hear her at this range. Now that she was nice close and the guy’s face didn’t make his brother; Yuuna had mistaken another person. She cursed her eyesight; it made distinguishing people from a distance next to impossible. It was twice as hard since her brother had a common hair color and straw hat weren’t uncommon to wear. Once again her eyes looked through the large amount of people; her only hope was to spot some small children around a guy with brown hair and straw hat. The young teenager also found that difficult as well because of her shortness… “Next time we’re meeting up in less populated area.” She thought as she continued her search.

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
"Ah! No, stop smilling you stupid fox!" Jun yelled patting his rear. "Why didnt you tell me before?" The Kamaitachi stared up at Junichi meeting his gaze. "What do you mean why didnt you tell me before, Im not constanly staring at your rear like you do to that girl down by the lake. And how many times have I told you not to call me a fox? I hate those stupid poser, hump cant even use wind justu, dirty cretins."

"Girl by the lake? What girl by the lake?" Jun asked. "Theres no girl, that I stare at..by the lake?" Juns eyes shifted as he turned away from Furyoku. The weasel started to smile. Making Jun uncomfortable was one of his favorite hobbies.

"Oh really, so there no girl by the lake? Well fine how about we stroll on over there right now?" The weasel challenged Jun. "Fine so what if Im eyecandy I know she cant help it so I egg here on."

The kamaitachi slapped his forehead. "Really Junichi since when have you been 'eyecandy'?"

"Since, like forever!" Jun laughed and jumped onto the roof above his head. "Haha, stupid fox!" Jun ran on the rooves until he stopped aburbtly looking at a fairly nice looking girl on the roof, challenging a kamaitachi to a battle. Wheter the kamaitachi liked it or not.

"Eh? Is that Furyoku? Furyoku Im coming old buddy!" Jun said getting ready to run onto the next roof seperating the two parties. "Wait a minute thats not Furyo, no ones faster than me! Jun Akari The Savior aha ha ha! Hey thats that girl!" Jun said.

"Junichi! There you are, why did you run off like that idiot? Eh whos that?" The kamaitachi started at the other weasel. "Do I know that guy?"

"Like how am I supposed to know I dont hang out with you on Saturdays anymore! Any besides I thought that was you." Jun kneeled down so the girl wouldnt see him.

"How did you think that was me Junichi? Were both completely different colors!" Jun stared at the weasel. "Shush or they might hear us!" The two both kneeled down.

Just then the kunoichi spit fire out of here mouth. Her cheeks turning bright red. "What the!," Jun said, "She burnt him to a crisp!" Yet the weasel was alright and jumped up followed right by the girl. "Woah such an intense battle." Jun leaned back more just to be certain that he wouldnt get hit by the searing flames.

Last edited:

rotrum

Ice Cold
Mozu was seeing the battle in more than one way. His eyes watched the battle, he used wind magic to literally feel through the air, and his instincts. reflexes, and his equally agile mind ran through every last movement twice. She narrowly evaded his first attack, which was no matter, really. However, what was a matter was that his second gimmick was already beign revealed. However, lowering the temperature didn't necessarily link to Ice. It could mean a lot of things, but she seemed rather keen.

"Good Job. The Topless Assassin has more brains than her than she looks." Mozu, feeling midly upset about having no title, said, "However I won't be defeated. Never have been, never will!"

He vaguely recognized her handsign, but he didn't know what it was for. He was never quite good at handsigns, for obvious reasons. He lifted himslf further in the air as gale-force winds quickly engulfed him in a protective shield. Fire rushed towards him. The wind bit at the flames, and they waned. However it was clear that the attack would make it thorugh his shield.

An idea flickered through his mind. At the last second he propelled himself backwards with ice, letting the fires lick him to give him a singed look, and quickly blew out his own breath of magic in response to the fire breath. In order to preserve the illusion, he didn't say the spell name outloud. It was one of the few "real" spells that he actually knew, a mixture of ice and wind magic that served to protect exactly his body size from fire, or provide a decent attack.

He quickly blew out a strong breath, ice crystallizing into a round circle, and then extending into a pillar, that quickly melted and kamikaze'd the fire that was meant to strike him. Using the burst of wind to make it look like he got hit and the ice, in a way such that the fire completely obscured the ice, to make usre he was'nt actually hit, he tried to fool his opponent. The spell's name? Kisoku no Hashira, which used ice magic to shoot ice forward and wind magic to surround the ice in a spiral of air, effectively keeping it in a straight path and making it cylindrical with less focus. Because, of course, even his real spells were shortcut spells.

Not knowing whether or not she fell for it, he pretended to look pained, but as she jumped at him with her long knife, he quickly blocked it with Hitoribocchi no Sadame. "Hah! Hitoribocchi no Sadame won't succumb to a simple knife. Might as well not even draw your sword either. You should simply retreat before you make a fool out of yourself."

He heard the exclamation of his death with his acute hearing, and while he didn't react, he did decide to make this battle a little more theactric. He breathed out loudly, as the air began cooling at a far faster rate than previously. "You humans cannot fight as well if your bodies are too cold." He said, quickly making it seem like he had blown his own plans. A small layer of ice began to grow in between his fur, out of sight. Similarly, the wind changed directions as his ribbon sturbbornly hid an entire side of it from Tomoe. Ice began growing in sheets on it ribbon on the side that he made sure continued to face away from her.

The wind picked up, quickly slamming a wall of compressed air at Tomoe. Behind her was a swirling abyss of air, similar in shape to a tornado but unmoving. Chips and blades of ice began to form in the tornado as he attempted to force her into the icy tornado before she realized it was there, by using her wall of wind.

It was time to start using his ice magic. If all went well, she would be momentarily trapped and beaten by icy shrapnel long enough for him to enter the next phase of his plan. If all did not go well, then he could burst the ice in his fur outwards in an explosion of white snow, and eject himself backwards and execute another plan.

Last edited:

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
"Ooh, you're funny." Once again, Nanaya giggles to herself, shaking her body a little as the sword and her gauntlet at her side clangs softly together. Reimu was catching up now. Nanaya stopped for a moment, looking to the sky. Kaminari turned his head to look at her, staring into the sky...

"Huh? Oh. You we're looking at me?" Nanaya poked her cheek and tilted her head to the right.

"Oh yeah, about myself... I come from some sort of... famous family, I guess you could say that... But most people won't know my clan if they've never been to Kyoto. It's a clan of samurai. We've been forced to train from birth. I've hated it." Nanaya looked to the ground and sighed. Reimu was now next to her and Kaminari.

"Smooth move, man. Making a move on Nana. Shes a little innocent girl. Don't try anything. I actually wanted to drive you away, but since.." Reimu looks at Nanaya's cat-like smile and gleaming eyes staring at her. "Since Nanaya... allows you to stay, I guess it's alright." Reimu grins, holding a needle like, red object imbetween her fingers, that somehow, just appeared there.

"But, try something, and you'll regret it." Reimu flashed another needle. "Tenfold." Nanaya just giggles and tugs on Kaminari's arm.

"We were actually here to buy some tea. We arn't really that familiar with this town, thou. Any place you wanna go, Kami~" Nanaya smiles.

(KAMINARI'S NEW NICKNAME TO NANA IS KAMI. Ahahaha.)

Hotshot

((OOC: I have permission from rotrum to bunny Mozu's movements in this next post.))

The battle between Tomoe and Mozu had, by this time, commanded the attention of all the villagers in the marketplace. Young mothers retreated into their homes with their children in their arms and at their sides. Several men cheered when they recognized the shape of Tomoe on the rooftop. But their cheers were soon stifled by the sound of roaring winds - commanded by a kamaitachi.

Tomoe gasped as her opponent's gale of wind ripped the air from her lungs. She held her knife close so as not to lose it when she was flung backwards. Mozu's blast of wind and shrapnel struck her hard, sending her hurtling backwards into a waiting vortex.

Having regained her breath a split-second before, Tomoe cried out as chunks of sharp ice and rock slashed across her frame. She twisted and turned in the air, at the mercy of Mozu's strong winds. Her body contorted in all different shapes.

She grimaced. It was a good thing she was flexible.

Her eyes widened and fixed upon a twisting icicle hurtling towards her body. She righted herself, fighting against the winds that held her captive, and tried to stop the icicle with her knife, but to no avail. Her arm was caught in the force of another air current, subduing it.

A moment later, the icicle pierced her middle. All seemed lost for the young kunoichi. Her eyes rolled back in her head, a trickle of blood running from her parted lips.

She vanished suddenly in a thick cloud of smoke, leaving behind only a small log with an icicle stuck in its center.

Kawarimi no jutsu. A substitution technique.

Tomoe's shapely form materialized behind Mozu. Her eyes narrowed, fixing upon Mozu's back with a demonic glare. She formed a hand-sign with her free hand and took a deep breath. Kasai gijutsu.

By this time, Mozu had realized what was happening, and whirled around to face Tomoe. The weasel's beady eyes widened when he saw a swirling inferno streaming towards him. He leaped into action, his small, wiry body agilely scurrying across the tile roof to escape. Tomoe turned her head, sending her roaring flames chasing after him.

The inferno ripped through the tile, sending a streak of red-orange spreading across the roof. As Tomoe rage grew wilder, so did her flames. The wildfire spread to the ground, consuming a pile of wooden crates. Fire licked at the heels of the villagers as they retreated from the battlefield.

Shouts rose up above the crackling flames; deep voices calling for buckets of water to be brought.

But Tomoe didn't care. She was intent on finishing her fight. This weasel wasn't going to escape her alive. He would feel the demon fangs. She would taste his blood.

"But, try something, and you'll regret it." Reimu flashed another needle. "Tenfold."

Kaminari laughed at the girl's naiveté. She really has no idea who I am, he thought, a smirk crossing his features. Huh, I figured a shrine maiden would've been able to figure it out. Guess they don't make 'em like they used to.

His eyes met Reimu's. Pouting, he said in a babyish tone, "Aw, is the shrine maiden jealous of little Nanaya? Does she want some attention too?" Kaminari grinned and patted her on the cheek. "Don't worry, Miko, there's enough of Kaminari to go around."

"We were actually here to buy some tea. We arn't really that familiar with this town, thou. Any place you wanna go, Kami~" Nanaya smiles.

Kaminari nearly choked on the nickname. But before he could respond, he heard an explosion and the crackle of flames. He'd felt the battle and the exchange of magic the whole time...but he'd just been ignoring it. After all, it couldn't be more important than getting to know pretty girls. Now, however, Kaminari felt compelled to see what was going on. He had no doubt that Tomoe was involved.

Turning slowly, his gaze followed the line of flames to their source. Sure enough, there was Tomoe, facing a kamaitachi atop a roof. The wild-haired monk sighed. I thought I smelled a rat, he thought, his eyes narrowing. Er...weasel, rather.

He tilted his head back at Nanaya and Reimu. "Tch. Looks like I gotta go clean up somebody's mess. If you don't like action wait here. If you do...well, come watch ol' Kaminari in action."

With that, he disappeared without a trace.

In a flash, he materialized between Tomoe and Mozu, just as the kunoichi's hand fell to the sword at her side. The combatants flinched at Kaminari's sudden appearance, but they kept their grounds.

Kaminari chuckled to himself, feeling the gazes of Tomoe and the mysterious kamaitachi fix upon him. He reached into his sleeves and withdrew two spell tags, each with an ancient character calligraphed on one side. He looked at Tomoe, then at the weasel. "Sorry, guys," the monk said, grinning, "but this party's over. Seigen no mahō."

He flung the two spell tags like shuriken, and they clung to the bodies of Tomoe and Mozu. Tomoe's landed on her left breast (whether this was intentional on Kaminari's part will remain a secret). Mozu's wrapped across his tiny face, covering one of his eyes.

Tomoe back-stepped, caught off-guard by Kaminari's spell tag. But before she or Mozu could do anything, Kaminari made a hand-sign, sending binding magic pulsing through their bodies. They crumpled to their knees, unable to move. Tomoe cursed as her body fell forward like a rag doll.

Kaminari turned and surveyed his work: two paralyzed warriors and one finished battle. He placed his hands on his hips and jeered, "Well, looks like my work here is done. It's a good thing you two are weaklings, or that might have taken about thirty seconds longer!"

He laughed at his own wit and strode towards Tomoe. Squatting and looking down at the kneeling assassin, he said, "Now, when I take this spell tag off, I want you to be a good girl and thank ol' Kaminari for keeping your pretty face from getting all scratched up." He winked. "Maybe a kiss? A little peck on the cheek."

"You'll be lucky to walk away with both arms," Tomoe hissed, her eyes afire with rage.

"Psh. Says the chic I just subdued with paper," Kaminari snickered. He reached down and took hold of the tag on her breast, but his hand lingered a moment longer than it probably should have, earning an indignant snarl from the female ninja.

"You put it there just so you could touch my--"

"Maybe I did. Or maybe I'm just lucky," Kaminari interrupted, a vicious grin forming across his face. He yanked the tag from its place, and Tomoe felt the feeling in her muscles return. She lifted herself off the ground, breathing heavily.

He's...he's strong, she thought, her eyes fixed on Kaminari as he rose and walked towards Mozu. I've never met someone who could floor me so easily.

A smile formed on her lips. She tilted her head thoughtfully, staring after the monk. He's someone I want on my side... I think I can forgive him just this once... Who knows, maybe I can use this to my advantage.

Kaminari bent over Mozu's fallen frame and hastily yanked the spell tag off his face. With a scowl, he cast it aside. "You're not as pretty as the ninja-chic is," he said simply, eyebrow raised.

Ignoring whatever the kamaitachi had to say, he rose to his feet and surveyed the crackling flames that had spread across several houses. He sighed and made another hand-sign, murmuring, "Seishin o furuiokosu - Ame-onna."

A shower of rain responded to his summons, dousing the flames. The tongues of fire hissed under the rain and were soon put out completely.

Turning back to Tomoe and Mozu, Kaminari said, "You kids play nice now, ya hear? I've gotta get back to my dates."

Tomoe lifted herself to her feet and raised an eyebrow. "You've been here an hour and you already have dates?"

Kaminari folded his arms across his chest and smirked. "Of course. You wanna be one of 'em, ninja-babe?"

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
Nanaya and Reimu stared into the blank space which was now where Kaminari once was, and they only moved when they heard another, quick and loud explosion from the side. Reimu sighed, and facepalmed once again. Nanaya just giggled and poked Reimu's cheek as she smiled.

"Shall we go see what he's up to, Nana?" Reimu tightened her grip on the needle amulets, maybe they'll come in handy soon.

"Sure~!" Nanaya hopped alittle to her right, tilting her body to the left. "He said we could see him in action, anyway~"

They disappear in a flash of light, and appear on the rooftop of a building near where the small exchange was happening, and as soon as Kaminari basically won it...

"Oh, Kami~" Nanaya giggled, apparently having just appeared beside him, her sword and gauntlet clanging together softly in the wind, as the red ribbons on her right arm sway almost viciously in the wind that somehow, just came in a moment's notice. The speed of the wind acclerates, as reimu appears to the left of Kaminari, with the two needle amulets still in her hand. Nanaya promptly hugs Kaminari's right arm.

"Oh, the fun's over?" Reimu inquired... retorically.

"That was a really fast fight, kami~, but it needed more explosions! Light! and... the magic of Love~!" Kaminari turned his head to Nanaya in confusion, but before he could say naything, Nanaya had released her grip on his ar, and taken a step to the right. Holding her hands to her chest, a grin formed on her face, taking over her usual cat-like smile.

Nanaya thrust her hand forward, and formed one hand into a fist, the other hand over it, slowly twisting her hands and opening the fist to reveal a ball of light, which shone... and... glowed, so brightly, that the sun was... pitiful when compared to it's intense brightness... It faded away as Nanaya pulled her hands apart. She smiled, going over to hug Kaminari's arm again.

"The power of Love~" Nanaya giggled, as Reimu sighs and asks...

"Well, since your business is done, and I've already gotten what I need from the marketplace... Before coming..." You seem to remember Reimu arriving a little later then Nanaya... "Uhh, Erm... could you follow us to my shrine for alittle?" Nanaya smiles brightly at Kaminari, her happiness showing so much anticipation if he could follow them...

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Tsuki
Suzuka Village

Tsuki was spending the day like she usually did; laying on the roof of her dojo, watching the clouds go by and waiting for a dojo challenger.

She hated the monotonous boredom!

She began fidgetting, pounding her sleeved hands on the roof she was laying on, her fox-ears twitching in a mock-tantrum. She was so sick of doing nothing but wait for a challenger and eat sickening amounts of tofu and pork... but she was afraid of what to do next. She decided there was only one person she could talk to... Or try at least.

Her room was actually only accessable from the roof, she made it that way so she'd have a little privacy. Her room was more like a small hut on the roof of the dojo. There wasn't much in there besides a bed and a small fire pit, but what she needed was the mirror.

She held up the mirror to her face, not to check her appearance, but to contact someone.

"'Scuse me, Mister Inari? Are you there? I need some help..." Tsuki asked the mirror, hoping she could contact her Kami guardian. She had been trying to contact Inari for weeks, but to no avail. I guess the God was too busy to talk. Now she was seriously bored. She left her time room to wander about the rooftops of the village.

"Maybe some food would be good..." Tsuki mused to herself as she smelt the Marketplace and the many food stalls.

"Oh, Kami~" Tsuki distinctly heard. She rushed over to see Nanaya and Reimu with... a monk Tsuki had never seen before. She immediately got chills from him though, because even with the scents of spices from the market, she could smell blood on him. And seeing as he barely had a scratch on him, he was the attacker.

Last edited:

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
------------------
Sakamoto Hayato was sitting in his hard, yet sufficient bed that the inn had provided for him. He had the most exotic dream to date, which was of a sort of a mixture between a graveyard and a watermelon patch. He didn't find any meaning behind it upon his awakening, nor could he lay there, perfectly still, eyes closed, trying to sort the dream in his head, fearing that moving around in bed would take his mind off the dream, and he would lose it. However, nothing came to him. All he could remember was a few snipets and then a void of nothingness. He did not want to stay in bed any longer, and decided to get up, his entire body was tiresomely protesting against every movement he made. He had been walking for miles, yesterday having traveled from a small village all the way to this larger village known by the name of Suzuka. He managed to get to his dresser, made of thin wood, and retrieved his sword and sheath. He set it in his belt, making sure it would not slide out, as that had been a problem before, where he let his sword slide away from him. He slid his scarf-cape over his head, and let his split, torn cape drape over his shoulders. He rubbed his eyes, and hopped out of the window of the room onto the roof, jotting along the sides precariously, and dropping levels until he hit the ground. He walked away from the building and looked up to the sky; it was wide and clear, as the sun rose over the distant landscape.

---------------
"Alright, I think I'll crash here in Suzuka for a bit, and check out the local scenery... huh?" Hayato halted for a moment. He glanced back to see two other people with a monk. The monk, he looked at, was very out of place. Scents were wafting all around him, but, he smelled one scent that he had been familiar with for two years now- bloodshed. That monk was definitely harboring the scent of blood, which means he most have been involved in combat, or an assassination. Monks were not known to do such things such as fighting or killing, so this definitely singled him out. Also, there were no rumors circling any recent 'attacks' or murders in the vicinity currently, so he must have just come from the scene. He walked over to see what this was all about. A closer look, as he approached, made him see he didn't have any cuts or scathes on him to protrude any blood, so that meant the blood was not his. Either he had witnessed a murder, got blood splattered on him, and ran for it to tell of the murder, or he was a very diligent assassin, and had just come from an assassination or a duel.
But that would mean he would be an accomplished assassin to not have been caught by the guards of whomever was killed, and most assassins, even newer ones, tend to remove all evidence of a murder before walking in public, especially blood. That mean't the news must not have reached very far, making the event that caused the blood to happen sometime before sunrise, but after midnight. There was only one way of verifying all that evidence, and that was to ask the source. He walked closer, hoping to get a grasp on what was going on.

OOC: Wow, that was a boat load...

Hotshot

Before Kaminari could respond to Reimu's tempting request (or Nanaya's pleading eyes), Tomoe came between them, separating them with one hand on Kaminari's chest and the other pressed against Reimu's shoulder. She turned to the shrine maiden, trying to appear as sympathetic as possible. "Sorry, Reimu, but Kaminari already promised he'd do something with me."

She looked back at the wild-haired monk. "Didn't you, Kaminari?"

Kaminari turned beet red. His eyes lowered, focusing on Tomoe's hand resting against his chest. They traveled the length of her arm and met her soft gaze. His heart started to beat faster. "Uh-h...oh, right. Right!" he stuttered, fumbling for words. In truth, he couldn't recall promising to do anything with Tomoe...but if a girl with her figure said it, it must be true.

He mentally shrugged. And if it wasn't true, well, he'd go with it anyway.

"Sorry, ladies," he said with a grin, slipping his arm out from Nanaya's grasp, "but there's something else I have to take care of now." He paused to wink at Nanaya. "A hero's work is never done, it seems. Heh."

With that, he followed Tomoe as she leapt down from the rooftop. The rain had since subsided, having only been a light rain summoned by Kaminari, and had left numerous puddles dotting the streets of Suzuka. A crowd quickly gathered around the place of the previous battle, the only remnants of which were several broken tiles, burnt crates, and trails of charred ground.

Kaminari and Tomoe quickly disappeared into the mass of villagers, heading back towards the Muramasa house. When they reached it, Tomoe led him into one of the house's bedrooms and closed the door behind them. Kaminari turned around, hoping she was stripping herself of her ninja-garb.

He frowned. Alas, she was not. Instead, she had fixed him with a piercing look, studying him closely. Placing her hands on her hips, she inquired, "Who exactly are you, Kaminari?"

Kaminari raised an eyebrow and leaned back against wall opposite Tomoe. He shrugged. "Nothin' much. Just a rumble of thunder. A crack of lightning. A brewing storm."

She eyed him warily. Approaching him, her hips swaying seductively, she said, "You're strong. I like that in a man. And you're mysterious too... I like that even more." She stopped an inch from his face and allowed the fingers of her right hand to tiptoe up his arm and onto his shoulder. "But mysteries were meant to be unraveled. And if you won't tell me who you are, then I'll just have to solve the mystery myself."

Kaminari's heart was beating ten times its usual rate. He could feel the heat of the room rising rapidly. A bead of sweat ran down the side of his face and dripped off his chin.

Tomoe leaned in closer, her body pressed against his, her breath filling his nostrils. "Just who are you, Kaminari?"

Kaminari stared into her eyes, his hands twitching uncomfortably at his sides. Don't do it, Kaminari, he thought, trying to twist his face away from hers.

Just then, an idea came to him. The slightest hint of a smile formed on his lips. Looking back down at Tomoe, who had slipped her arms around his neck, he said, "Look if it'll make you happy... I'm a hermit from the mountains in the West. The Far West. Like, Kyushu-West."

Tomoe pouted, her right arm falling to his chest. "Is that it, 'Kami'?" she inquired, mimicking Nanaya's nickname for the monk. "If you're just a hermit, then how did you become so strong?"

Kaminari snorted. "Tch. 'Just a hermit,' my butt," he sneered, placing his hands on Tomoe's shoulders and pushing her an arm's length away. "Look, ninja-chic, where I come from and how I got strong is my business. I'll worry about me, you worry about you. Kapeesh?"

Tomoe smiled thoughtfully. Patting the monk's cheek, she giggled, "Kapeesh, Kami~"

And with that, she left, closing the door behind her. Kaminari breathed a heavy sigh. He was partly relieved to have kept his secret intact. But he was also partly disappointed to have lost a golden opportunity. He weighed the pros and cons in his head. Yeah, still better to keep the secret.

Night had fallen over Ashihara. The moon was already high in the sky, peering down on the land through an opening in the surrounding clouds.

Dark clouds.

A sudden crash and shout, awoke Tomoe from her troubled sleep. She rolled off her cot, rose quickly to her feet, and dashed for the window. Not caring if anyone saw her in her skimpy sleepwear, she flung the curtains aside and gasped at the state of her village. Above a line of houses, she saw a rising plume of black smoke. Dozens of village men had already stormed out of their houses, carrying any weapons at their disposal: swords, spears, even rakes and brooms.

Cursing, the kunoichi hastily cast her sleepwear off and changed into her fishnet garments and dark blue attire. Hurrying out of her room, she passed by her uncle's chamber and exclaimed, "Uncle! Uncle Muramasa! Come quickly, the village is under attack!"

She received only a throaty snore in response, but she knew her uncle was not sleeping. He never slept anymore.

Moving swiftly, Tomoe swept the house's sliding door open and ran outside. She halted at the beginning of the dirt path. Turning to look over her shoulder, she saw Kaminari, squatting at the edge of the roof, his eyes trained ahead on the rising smoke. Before she could ask what he was doing, he said, "Soldiers. Samurai. Lots of 'em. I sense varying levels of power among them... So there are probably going to be some ninja. Maybe hired mercenaries, too. You'd better get moving."

Tomoe looked indignant. "Aren't you coming?!"

Kaminari shrugged. "Not my village. Not my problem."

She cursed him and vanished into the shadows, heading for the battle. Kaminari stared after her, smiling smugly to himself. His head snapped to attention when he heard another pair of footsteps within the house. An older man emerged, his long, skinny gray beard and mustache blowing in the cold night air. His eyes were bloodshot, and his skin was ghostly pale. His body was thin, but rippled with cords of muscle that coiled around his limbs.

He was garbed in simple tunic and breeches, and a menacing sword hung at his side. His eyes flashed red.

Kaminari's gaze narrowed. Muramasa.

"You won't want to miss this bloodbath, boy," the old man said in a raspy tone. Kaminari was startled. The man hadn't even twitched in his direction, yet he knew he was there.

"So, you're Muramasa, eh?" Kaminari called out, dropping to the ground behind the old swordsman.

"Aye. That's me. The devil himself," Muramasa replied, flashing a deranged grin at Kaminari. The monk raised an eyebrow. Muramasa was missing more than a few teeth. And he certainly seemed crazy. His bloodshot eyes were wide with the thrill of chaos.

Then, without another word, the demon swordsman tore into the streets, his hand on the hilt of his blade. Kaminari stared after him until the noise of clunky armor reached his ears. At least a dozen samurai bearing swords and spears emerged from an alley. At their head was a tall, burly fellow with a torch and an oversized spear.

Kaminari shrunk back into the shadows to watch them. The tall soldier (their leader, Kaminari determined) turned to the other samurai and hissed, "Tear each and every house apart if you must! We will find that scr--"

That was all he said, for Kaminari had appeared behind him and ended his life by snapping his neck. The samurai, all very startled, took a few steps back as their leader, his spear, and his torch fell to the ground. Kaminari looked at them inquisitively. "Huh, what do ya know? Looks like it is my problem after all."

By this time the samurai had regained their composure and were charging at Kaminari, their spears and swords aimed for his thin frame. But the monk was not so easily dispatched. He grinned, dropped to the ground on his back and kicked upward, dealing a severe blow to one enemy's chin. He somersaulted backwards and propelled himself into the air, forming a quick hand-sign before touching ground again. "Sekijun jiyū ni ugokenaku suru!"

Dozens of stalagmites burst from beneath the earth, impaling each samurai in the stomach or torso. One unfortunate soldier received a well-aimed stalagmite up his unarmored hindquarters.

Kaminari brushed his hands together and surveyed the mess he had made. "Wow, that's a lot of blood."

Meanwhile, all hell had broken loose on the other side of Suzuka. Hundreds of armored soldiers were flooding into the village gates, setting fire to everything in their path. The men of Suzuka were outnumbered twelve to one, and were quickly dispatched. Crimson blood covered the village-gone-battlefield, and huge pillars of fire rose up from houses after they had been searched.

Tomoe's eyes narrowed. These soldiers were looking for something...but what? She shook her head. It mattered not. They were attacking her village. They would all die. Her grip tightened around her sheathed sword's hilt.

"Draw it, Tomoe," hissed a throaty voice behind her.

"Uncle Muramasa?"

"Aye," said the old man, stepping up beside her, his blade already in his hands. His eyes glowed red - like a demon's.

Tomoe closed her eyes and slid her sword from its sheath. She felt her muscles tense at the feeling of raw, demonic power coursing through her veins. She loved it.

With a battle-cry, she and her uncle charged at the oncoming horde of soldiers, cutting a wide path through their ranks. Enemy samurai fell at their feet in pools of blood, their bodies cut in two. Tomoe felt the heat of fire on her flesh and the heat of battle in her chest. Her movements became more feral every moment. The demons of her sword had awakened. They had filled her with their bloodlust.

"Who are these soldiers?!" she hissed, in a voice so bloodthirsty it could hardly be called her own.

"Soldiers of Kyoto," Kaminari replied, popping up beside her to dispatch a sword-bearing samurai just before he could reach Tomoe.

"Impossible," she snarled, whirling around and beheading two soldiers in one swing. "Even a village girl like me knows the soldiers of the emperor wear red and gold armor. These wear black!"

"Their color scheme is different, but the design is the same," Kaminari remarked, his eyes narrowing on a trail of shadows along a rooftop. "Looks like the ninja are here. They're not taking any chances, are they?"

"They? Who's they?"

Kaminari faked innocence. "Uh...I have no idea."

rotrum

Ice Cold
After being unparalyzed by the mysterious and officially investigation-worthy Kaminari, he disappeared in an explosion of snow, the winds scattering the small flakes of ice off into who-knows-where as he was suddenly no where in sight-atleast to the untrained eye. After his dramatic disappearance, he calmly nestled into someone's attic and froze the trapdoor that lead into said attic shut. It was an interesting fight and he certainly wasn't going to continue doing anything so close to the battle. In a "nest" of snow, he began to rest in some random person's attic.

His eyes cracked open at the slightest sound of a crash. Having gone to sleep early, and having rather acute senses, he immediately sprang into action. Hitoribocchi no Sadame's snow-white blade glinted in the twilight as he looked around. He was safe where he was.

However, he wasn't going to visit a town and simply let it be destroyed. At the very least, even if the town didn't realize it was giving him free lodging, entertainment, and food, he was still going to do it a service of some sort. He cut a light check into the wood wall. One service to the town, Check.

He rushed out, using a rush of wind to quickly get back onto the rooftops as he looked around for the source of whatever it was that seemed to trouble him, somehow. There was smoke in the distance, and there were armed men, trying deperately to protect their village. Mozu tsked as he looked over the situation. This was not going to be as easy as he thought.

Below him was that powerful stranger talking to an old man. He overheard thier conversation a bit, realizing that the old man was the man of rumors, Muramasa. That man ran off, and Kaminari quickly expunged his own attackers. Mozu shrugged a bit before pointing his weapon at the smoke, snow beginning to fall in the area , no time for distractionary techniques like with the Kunoichi. Fires quickly ravaged the area, and a light snow did little more than slow down the fires by a fraction. He cursed mentally and span his kusarigama, intensifying the snow. It would'nt stop any fire, but it would help.

He noticed Muramasa, the Kunoichi, and the Stranger alone, carving straight through the enemy. He sighed, he would probably do well to make a larger presence. His eyes focused. Suddenly, he was a conductor, playing the snow in the air like the notes to a violent song. There were too many enemies for him to fight indirectly. He sighed irritably as he his kusarigama went through the movements of Kakyoku no Mattoumaru because, as earlier states, he simply cannot make a handsign.

Ninjas stealthily dashing across rooftops were more visible with white in the air, in a flick of the wrist, the rooftop was treacherously icy and more slippery than a banana peel. Using the highest rooftop he could find, he mostly remained out of range of most of the fighters-those who disliked him for fighting their topless assassin and those who were attacking the village. His influence wasn't enough, but he figured leaving would requite exposing himself to attack.

Those who actually tried to attack him by climbing onto rooftops quickly found out that, while a flick of a wrist or a twirl of the staff meant treacherous ground and small vortexes, a slash meant an icy blade cleaving through the air anywhere from his actual blade to a decent enough distance away.

This spell was entirely for the purpose of transforming the battlefield into his own icy design, but with some personal modifications it was his strongest weapon. Roads that samurai charged across became dangerously icy, trampling and falling caused major damage without expending too much. Rooftops became equally icy, making stealthily travelling across them near impossible. Particularly large pile-ups met vortexes of ice and wind, and fires were systematically put out. He panted, his breath showing in the increasingly cold air. He could keep going longer, but for now he could just watch until something more critical arose. The roads and rooves were frozen, the larger, outdoor fires were, more or less, out.

He figured there was nothing else he could do that wouldn't be a waste of energy. He watched the remaining fighters, notably Muramasa, Kunoichi, and Stranger, as he recovered on the rooftop, ready for anything, but also taking every chance he had to enjoy a break.

"Well, with the condition of this village, we'll be back to drifting for a while, Hitoribocchi no Sadame." He sighed. "Wonder why this is happening, though."

OOC: NOTE: His Line of Sight is NOT the entire village. Just as far as he can see from the highest rooftop he can find.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
The one thing I really hate about here is the amount of people with cowardice and villainy in their hearts, verses the number of innocents, with pure intentions. Ow!’ Akiko was being swarmed by a army of small children, who all seemed eager to pull her tail, pinch her ears, poke her nose and climb on her. That she could handle. What should could not were their sticky, grubby, chubby and grimy little blobs that stood in for hands. She could not stand those globs of flesh that passed for hands. One hand in particular, coated with mochi and dirt, started to whack the innocent youkai on the head. Akiko twitched. This was getting to be too much. It was time for some drastic action.

Glomp!

Akiko chomped down on the offending child’s leg, but not so hard as to tear the flesh. Although the Youkai had tried to only scare the small child, it screamed, making her light headed. It also thrashed, flailed and scratched, while its mother whacked the wolf-like youkai over the head with a daikon, which was soon rendered useless for anything but takuwan. ‘Good grief!’ whined the harassed Akiko, as the mother started to pull her child’s arm while its leg was caught in the youkai’s jaws. It was a hard choice for the Inugami: let go and get hit by flying projectiles from a furious mother, or hang on and tear the child’s flesh. Being a nice youkai in general, Akiko did not want to hurt; however, getting various house-hold items thrown at you is rather painful.

Luckily for Akiko, though un-luckily for the owners of certain houses, several nearby dwellings burst into flames. Obviously this was a rare occurrence, as the townspeople looked away and stared. She used this time to get her laws off of the small child’s leg. The fires were soon quickly doused, leaving her certain that this was no accidental flame.

Later that day, after the Inugami had scavenged off of trash bins and the streets, she decided to curl up around a small sapling and go to sleep for the night. The next morning she awoke to the sounds of fighting on the streets. Soldiers clad in the Kyoto army armor were slaughtering citizens of Suzuka, and the townspeople could not retaliate, for their skill and weapons were inferior to the horde of soldiers. It also did not help that the civilians were outnumbered ten to one. Akiko had made up her mind to help the citizens of Suzuka when, abruptly, a monk dashed out of a house, and quickly decimated a few of the soldiers with spikes that burst from the ground. A young woman, no more than twenty, also ran out of the house, but she did not look like a monk.

’Does she have any amorous connection to the monk, or did she just throw on her underclothes and not finish dressing? There was also an old man...who had a demonic aura, could he be the famed Muramasa?’ the Inugami thought upon seeing the amount of clothing that the woman wore. ’Aside from that, the soldiers mentioned a scroll…who has the scroll in this town. I hope it is not a scroll of some weapon of mass destruction. Should I help the lady and monk annihilate the soldiers or not? They are definitely acting upon orders from superiors, that would be honorable, if they weren’t killing civilians!’ The part of “killing civilians” really decided the argument, and Akiko, sensing that it would be very stupid to go charging into a mass of armed to the teeth warriors, wisely transformed into a shadow, leaving only her magic as an attack. The advantage of the shadow-form was that she could not be hurt, but she could not attack physically, and her magic was much weaker.

Closing her eyes in concentration, Akiko summoned a tiny strip of darkness, sent it in front of a soldier’s eyes, then called up a spear of ice, and sent that into the soldier’s not unprotected throat. Several of the warriors turned her way; it was obvious that they knew she was there. Opening her eyes again to survey her work, she was disappointed that the fighters did not seem too phased. She decided that it was time for more attack power, and therefore summoned many sheets of darkness, which temporarily disabled to sight of four fighters, whom clawed at their eyes to get the shadow out. Sucking heat from their bodies with frigid air, Akiko consolidated into several ice clumps, which she then used to bashed to soldiers with. The ice balls were soon red with the blood of the unfortunate soldiers, whom had either snapped spines, broken ribs or cracked skulls. If she was at full power...the warriors would have been permanent ice statues instead of what they were. Attacking as a shadow using her magical powers took a lot out of Akiko and she began to pant a little bit.

Besides the unfortunate effect of not being able to physically attack someone and having her magical attack power quartered, Akiko has other weaknesses while transformed into a shadow. Direct sunlight makes her faint, and other types of light burn her.

Last edited:

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
Kaminari had left. Left with that woman that he took down. The situation was confusing, but Reimu didn't really care, or even bother to find out more about it. I mean, she had just met the guy... Reimu sighed, grabbing Nanaya by the colar as she pulled, or more likely dragged her back to the Hakurei Shrine. Nanaya's squeals and whiny complaints didn't really help much. Reimu gave out another sigh, as she reached the outskirts of town...

Hakurei Shrine

The sun had fallen over Ashihara, removing the warmth that earlier, soaked the Hakurei Shrine. Only the dim, lit lanturns in the small village were the only light that could be seen, and if people would look to the sky, they would not see stars, but along the way, the vague, hazy outline of the shrine.

For once, Nanaya stayed in the shrine instead of returning into the mountains, sitting atop of the shrine's roof, drinking a cup of warm tea that Reimu had just brewed. Reimu sighed again, and jumed to the roof from the ground to sit with her.

"Not sleeping, Raymoo?" Nanaya asks, poking her cheek.

"Marisa's coming to visit... I think... I don't even know if she would remember to come..." Reimu sighs and looks down to the village. Nanaya giggled softly.

"Hey, Nana..." Reimu turned to face her, fidgeting with her neckerchief.

"Yeah, Reimu?" Nanaya took a sip of tea.

"What do you... think of that guy?" Reimu turned her face away, hiding her blush. Nanaya giggled once again.

"Oh, Kami? Well, I think he's a-" Reimu stood up on the alert, Light. Clanging metal. She could see the outline of people... a group... of Samurai.

"Your father came to fetch you home, Nana." Reimu clenched her fist. Nanaya dropped her tea and almost choked on it at the same time. Her body shook in a mixture of terror... and anger?

Nanaya took to the skies in a quick jump, whirling around in the dark sky, as she wore on her... Gauntlet, before threwing her... Katana into the sky. Reimu grabbed her orb and stuffed it into one of the really big pockets that her outfit had, grabbing her Gohei and proceeding to, greet the visitors.

"The abandoned Shrine is up here! Sear-" The taller of the group, holds his hand up...

"A... miko?" His right had twitched as it grabs hold of his katana.

"Remember me, dogs of Kyoto?" Reimu grinned.

"What? I don't know you at al-" The taller one's arm twitched more.

"Really? Oh, then have you heard of the word Hakurei?" Reimu tightened her grip on her gohei.

"H-Ha-Hakurei? That assassin on the clan of-" The samurai's group faltered.

"More like Savior." Reimu's grin took on a more... sadistic edge.

"Psh! We're not here for you, or that missing gir-"

"Yeah, and I'm a kamaitachi." Reimu flung her gohei, causing hundreds of needle-amulets to fly forth along with it. The samurai were too shocked, and stunned to react in time, as the needles pierced their black armor, cutting through their skin, muscles and bone. Each one of the samurais dropped to the ground, stone dead. Only the leader of untouched.

"Tell my father..." Nanaya flew down from the skies, and swung the Arasai no Ion into the Samurai's torso. Blood splattered onto the white floor. "That, I'll see him in HELL!" Nanaya did the same fist-twisting motion that she showed to Kaminari earlier... The yellow ball glowed, radiating... Brighter then the sun... "Twilight... SPARK!"

----

Suzuka

Soon enough, Reimu and Nanaya were running through the village, finding houses, ripped apart, people cut down, dead and... frostbitten samurai? They ran and ran, and finally, by luck, found Kaminari, and Tomoe.

"Kami~!" Nanaya squealed, dropping the Arasai no Ion and running to Kaminari, her dress slightly coated in a shade of red. She promptly hugged him and burrowed her head in his chest. Reimu just facepalmed, took up the katana and walked forward slowly.

"Kami! The samurai... They... They're here for me!" Nanaya cried a little, having seen the destruction that they have caused. "You have to go! I'll prote-" Nanaya shoved Kaminari aside. "They're here." She starts clenching her right fist.

Reimu stepped forward, shoving the Arasai no Ion to Nanaya. "Stop. I don't think he's hostile..." Nanaya nodded, and hugged Kaminari's right arm, her breasts imbetween his arm. Apparently she doesn't know that she did that. What an innocent girl.

(So, Nanaya and Reimu are mistaken about why the Samurai are here, and the man who Nanaya almost attacked is Rotrum's character.)