• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of Kami (Sign-ups)

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
Successfully updated history, and corrected the minor mistakes.

Hotshot

Just a head's up for those of you who have already signed up (and those of you who are interested, but have not yet signed up) - I'm going to try to start the RPG either Friday night or Saturday morning. So be on the lookout.

Last edited:

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Darn it, I missed the Kamaitachi...next best thing:

Name: Akiko
Race: Youkai: Inugami
Class: N/A

Appearance: Akiko, being an Inugami, is dog-like, but her body is more wolf-like than dog-like, being turned into an Inugami from a half-wolf can do that. Her paws are bigger, and her claws are not clipped or trimmed. Her fur is long and has two layers; one for protection against the cold, the second for trapping warm air against her skin. Her eyes are yellow with round pupils, and forward facing. Her fangs are slightly longer than a pure dog’s, but they are not as defined or as sharp as a true wolf’s.

The outer layer of fur, the coarser one, is a wholly different color from the tighter, finer insolating layer under it. The two layers are so different the top one remains a solid and determined the fall off and get everything furry, while the undercoat stubbornly fluffs out as a pure white that cannot be stained. This clashing combination of hues might have made a non-youkai creature appear gray, but no, Akiko has to look like someone paused in the middle of a dye job and forgot to finish it.

A rather well crafted satchel is strapped by an equally well made harness to Akiko’s back, and is one of the first things you notice when you meet the Inugami, as it is bright sky blue. She did not want it to be bright blue and indeed some of the places more easily accessible to her jaws are gnawed upon, but the rest has nominal wear and tear. The bag holds a myriad of objects, most of them preserved meat, but a tough cow bone also resides there, and the hollow inside if showing.

Personality: Akiko is very clumsy. She claims that fragile things just break themselves when she is around, but they seem to be shattering with alarming regularity. She can trip on flat ground by trying to take a step while stepping with the other feet. Tripping over her own feet and stubbing her toes are regular things that happen when she is not looking. Luckily, she recovers quickly, but that has not prevented her from staying in bed awhile.

Akiko does not mind fighting, but she favors solving problems concerning others and their fights by talking. This is not helped because often she will point out all of their logical flaws, even if said flaws exist only in her mind. Also she may actually point out the other’s flaws, but unless she is really annoyed, she will never do that.

Normally Akiko is a nice Inugami who treats most others with respect, but those who don’t follow a clearly defined code of ethics she treats with disdain. Her rule of thumb is politeness in a Situation until something becomes clear. Protecting youkai is the first thing she will do in a situation of danger, but after that she will rescue the humans. She also has a temper of epic proportions, often nipping others around the ankles if she does not crunch her bone.

History:
Akiko was born a half-wolf half-dog (mutt), but she was raised a dog. Her owner was nice at first, but he got increasingly alcoholic, imbibing large amounts of fermented rice. The problem was with that, besides beatings for Akiko, is that the owner had acquired massive amounts of debts, which had to be paid and soon, for the money used to bet had come from a loan shark. The cronies of the loan shark made things difficult for both master and dog, so the owner took extreme measures: the owner buried Akiko up to her head in soil, with her rear facing down; placed delicious meats around her, just out of reach and left her there to die. Unfortunately for the owner of Akiko, who Akiko would serve once she was dead if she consumed the food, the neighbor’s cat ate the food left for her, and the ants ate the left-over crumbs. When Akiko finally died of starvation, her spirit was released, and looking for food, then finding none, she took revenge on her master, rending him into unrecognizable bits. After that, she hunted down the loan sharks and rendered them into sliced and diced chunks of flesh.

Akiko then took to the mountains, helped people who had not committed a crime across, but hunted down bandits. Recently, though, she has come into Suzuka, sensing a big change was about to occur.

Weapons: N/A

Magic:
--Elemental: All. Akiko can create new things out of thin air or can direct the elements to fit her wishes.
--Transformation: To a shadow, or similar sized non-magical animal.
--Healing: Minor, bruises and small cuts.

Summons/Yokai: N/A
Other: N/A

Hotshot

@wayjun: Ah! Just in time. Well done, the Kami thoroughly enjoyed your sign up. It has been accepted. Welcome to Ashihara!

Note to everyone: The RPG thread will be up within the hour, so be ready!

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
Hey Hotshot, looks like I'm gonna have to drop my reservation (which expires today anyways). Sorry!

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I'd like to reserve a human named Sakamoto Hayato. I will have it up by tomorrow or the day after.

EDIT: Here is the SU. I hope it isn't too late to post it.

Name: Sakamoto Hayato
Race: Human
Class: Ronin

Appearance: Short brown hair, light toned skin, and dark brown eyes. He is approximately 6' 02”, and weighs about 140 lbs. He has a medium build for his age, making him looks slightly muscular with no top over him. He has a light complexion. He wares a light robe with a split-cape/scarf around his neck, which is ripped up at the ends of it. He also carries a journal with him to log his quest to find what power has inhabited him. He wears baggy 'robe pants' like what you would see on a samurai. He, however, wears boots instead of sandals in order to move about while using a sword better. He wears arm guards and shin guards made of leather to protect himself while sparring. He also keeps a bronze coin with him for good luck. The split cape-scarf also is rather baggy around his neck, so he can pull it over his head for a hood, and pull part over his face to serve as a mouth guard, just in case there is a lot of wind, and he would not want to have any dust in his mouth. He wears an 'Obi', or 'Belt' in japanese, colored tan. He attaches a pouch to it to easily access small scrolls or darts in case of an emergency, or to jot a quick note down, so he doesn't forget instructions.

Personality: Hayato can be a very optimistic person, and can also be one of the most densest heads you can find. He is a practical adventurer, and enjoys plundering ruins, not for treasure, but to unearth something long forgotten. He can also be somewhat rough with others if they are irritating him. He will even go far enough to bap someone on the head to shift them into another direction. He has a very charismatic nature, which can make him likable to anyone with a neutral disposition towards him. However, he can often get carried away, and exploit that to the point into making others (particularly women) dependent on him. He often takes risks in order to get ahead, whether it be gambling, or a life-death scenario. He will risk his life for anyone he cares about. Namely, as of yet, nobody.
History: Hayato began life as a son of a monastery lord and lady. He was often found studying ancient traditions and ruins in the monastery library. He was also fascinated with ancient artifacts, such as swords and masks. He had dreamed of plundering a ruin since he was three. When he was eight, he and his father went for a walk in the wilderness, where they found an ancient looking tower, which looked to be about 400 years old. Ivy covered the white walls and sloped red roof. The two left the site (Hayato had to be dragged away), and went to get supplies. With a sword in tow on each of them, they entered the tower through the front archway. At first, it seemed like a simple place of worship. However, when Hayato had come across a statue, which looked to be carved from wood. He had examined it, to find it had a very powerful aura. The moment his fingers touched the surface of the statue, his entire body was sharply energized. He felt like he was zapped by a ray of lightning. That was all he saw before he passed out.
He woke up in his room a few days later, feeling sick and ravenous. His dad came in, very glad he was finally awake. While he was asleep, he was apparently shouting things, like things of a different language, yet it was still Japanese. They apparently made no sense. He asked what became of the statue. Apparently, a sword case had fallen out of the wall, which had a rod of obsidian in it. Unknown at the time what obsidian was, they did not touch it for a while. When Hayato was 12, he decided to visit the monastery forgery with the obsidian rod, and asked for Kenta Tashi, the monastery’s forger, to make a sword from it. To his surprise, it took only three days to forge the blade, as it was very easy to shave down. He attached it to a hilt from a normal samurai blade, and handed it to Hayato. The moment the hilt touched his hand, a stream of white light light up the side, from the hilt, halfway up the blade, on both sides.
It was about three years later that Hayato had revisited the tower, and explored it to it's fullest extent. He searched every nook and cranny for anything that related to the sword, the strange visions he had been having, and why he had so much influence over outcomes. Nothing was found, and it was nearly night, so the fifteen year old swordsman walked back towards home. He was absolutely paralyzed to find his entire house was gone. He searched around for days to find it, and it was nowhere to be found. It was almost like that tower had either teleported him elsewhere, or he had simply gone the wrong way. No... one thing was for certain. That tower had definitely taken him elsewhere. He had no idea where he was, and no way to return home. From then on, he became a wanderer. That statue had apparently did a number of odd things to him. Firstly, why does the black sword glow when only -he- touches it? Did he get some special aura from that statue? He arrived in a town near where the tower had transported him. None of the area around him was familiar at all, so it's safe to assume that the tower must have actually teleported itself away from the location Hayato had entered from. How far a teleport that was, he doesn't know, even today. He had attempted a gambling game at a nearby bar, in which you flip a coin to play out cards. Every time he called it, he got it right. This was odd for him, and it made him rather dizzy. When he left the bar, it was apparent that he had a long way to travel back home. But, seeings how he just won a load of money off that game, he was set for at least a month, if not half, of survival. He decided he was going to enjoy this little trip.
It has taken him 2 years, and, because of many places he had visited, he forgot bluntly of his objective of finding home, and redirected his sights on a new goal; what was this power that had manifested in him by touching that statue?

Weapons: He uses the straight-bladed sword with a straight white vein going up the side. It is forged from obsidian, making the blade -very- sharp. (I pulled the color scheme idea from a TRON based look. But, it's all magic, so no technology is involved.)

Magic: Hayato has the power to sometimes influence the outcome of things, such as a coin toss. He also has the power to influence the direction of kinetically moving objects, like a flying rock going towards Person 'A' can be redirected to hit Person 'B'. This power had been loaded into his mind when he touched an ancient statue in an old tower. The sword he carries also two thin strips of blueish white light going up the blade, one on each side. He, in those 2 years, has not discovered why the sword glows like this when only held by him, but he assumes it has something to do with the statue, as the obsidian to forge the blade has come out of a niche near that statue.

Summons/Yokai: None

Other: Hayato, when angered, begins to develop a steady color change in his eyes. It goes from deep brown to a bit of a royal purple. He loves meat and fruit, and likes things that have to do with an ancient civilization, be it runes or artifacts. All of the like make him excited. He also has a particular fondness of girls.

Last edited:

Hotshot

@deokishisu.123: Couple of problems that I have with this sign up.

Class: Wanderer/Swordsman

Just a minor issue here. I'm going to need that changed to either Ronin or Samurai. Ronin probably fits better.

Appearance: Short brown hair, light toned skin, and dark brown eyes. He is approximately 6' 02”, and weighs about 140 lbs. He has a medium build for his age. He can be normally seen wearing a duster's coat and light clothes.

Far too short for my taste. I'm going to need a lot more detail. Describe his build to me. What do his clothes look like? You say they're light. What does that entail? Give me more specifics.

Another thing, this time about Hayato's history...when he returned to find that his monastery was completely gone. Did he previously exist in an entirely different dimension/world? Because I'm not so sure I approve of the existence of different dimensions (other than the spiritual realms of heaven and hell). I'm not entirely sure what to do about this, though.

I suppose you could revise the history and say that it was demolished/burned to the ground by a demonic force seeking some forbidden power while he was in that ancient temple. Because there have certainly been demonic forces at work in the past few years... They're searching for something. Something that our group has.

Magic: Hayato has no true magic at his disposal, but can sometimes influence the outcome of things, such as a coin toss. He also has the power to influence the direction of kinetically moving objects, like a flying rock going towards Person 'A' can be redirected to hit Person 'B'.

This arose from touching the statue, correct? Or does this come from the blade he wields?

For now, the kami deem this sign up to be pending.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
All edited, though I fear the description is still too short, because I only added about 3 more sentences. Hayato wasn't warped from another dimension, and nor was his house burned down by thugs (or lemons), but the tower he had entered had sort of teleported him across the country. That's why none of the paths he took were familiar.

Hotshot

All edited, though I fear the description is still too short, because I only added about 3 more sentences. Hayato wasn't warped from another dimension, and nor was his house burned down by thugs (or lemons), but the tower he had entered had sort of teleported him across the country. That's why none of the paths he took were familiar.

Truth be told, your sign up is very hard to read. It's basically a wall of text, so it's kinda difficult to differentiate between fields. Anywho, two things: First off, describing an article of clothing by simply referring to the clothes of an anime character isn't the best way to go about. I shouldn't have to go and look this character up to see what that jacket looks like. Also, this isn't a modern-RPG...and that jacket (yes, I did have to look it up) looks rather modern. Do some research, think of something a Japanese person would wear in this time period (sort of like a feudal Japan era).

Secondly...I still didn't get an answer as to where Hayato's little power comes from. Did it come from the statue when he touched it? Or from the sword he wields?

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Truth be told, your sign up is very hard to read. It's basically a wall of text, so it's kinda difficult to differentiate between fields. Anywho, two things: First off, describing an article of clothing by simply referring to the clothes of an anime character isn't the best way to go about. I shouldn't have to go and look this character up to see what that jacket looks like. Also, this isn't a modern-RPG...and that jacket (yes, I did have to look it up) looks rather modern. Do some research, think of something a Japanese person would wear in this time period (sort of like a feudal Japan era).

Secondly...I still didn't get an answer as to where Hayato's little power comes from. Did it come from the statue when he touched it? Or from the sword he wields?

Magic: The statue he touched when he was twelve shot the power to influence outcome.

Clothes: Feudal Era? Osnap, that changes the clothes dramatically. I'll switch it up a bit for robes and a split cloak.

Also, I made the sections spaced for easier deciphering.

Last edited:

Hotshot

Magic: The statue he touched when he was twelve shot the power to influence outcome.

Clothes: Feudal Era? Osnap, that changes the clothes dramatically. I'll switch it up a bit for robes and a split cloak.

Also, I made the sections spaced for easier deciphering.

Ah, much better. Thank you.

Very well. The Kami deem your offering to be satisfactory. Hayato is accepted!