• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of Memoria Information & Discussion

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
Tales of Memoria

Battle

Unlike with usual Tales games, the nine characters may participate in a single fight at the same time. However, enemies will often strike from different places, forcing the party to split and combat the two (or sometimes even three) groups. The nine characters will participate in a single fight at the same time only in special boss battles and events like that.

Techs

Regarding tech learning in this RPG, your character will be able to learn new techs every once in a while. I´ll send you a PM when you have permission to learn a new tech, at which point you can do it in your next post. Most techs are learned spontaneously in the heat of battle, but sometimes special events trigger new techs as is the case with my character, a summoner.
Another important point is Dual Techs. Dual Techs occur when two characters use a specific tech each. These two combine to create a completely new and quite powerful tech. Regarding learning Dual Techs, I´ll send a PM to both people when I think they can learn one together, at which point they can discuss it themselves. To perform a Dual Tech two characters most have some kind of bond. As that bond strengthens they´ll learn new and better Dual Techs. You can only be able to perform Dual Techs with two other characters, as a maximum. It´s not obligatory to ever learn a Dual Tech.

Overdrive

For those who aren´t familiar with the term, Overdrive is a state that a character can enter during battle. During Overdrive, a character will be stronger, not flinch from damage (thus continuing his/her onslaught), take half normal damage and be surrounded by a dark aura. It only lasts a few minutes though. Characters enter Overdrive if they´re hit many times. During battle I´ll tell you if your character enters Overdrive and I´ll tell you when it ends.
Some characters can only use certain moves in Overdrive, too, such as my character, who can only summon in this state. If you´d like your character to have a special tech only useable in Overdrive, post here and we´ll see.

Weapons, Accessories and Items

Every once in a while we´ll stop in the city´s local shop, where we´ll re-stock on items such as Gels and, sometimes, buy new weapons. Gold won´t be kept track of in this RPG, but our current inventory will. During battle you´re free to use an Item that we´ve bought, though you should porbably be wise with how many you use. If during battle I think you´ve reached a dangerous level of HP I´ll warn you about it. If you´ve taken too much damage and haven´t been healed by Ithell or someone else or used enough healing items I´ll declare you KOed.
When we go to shop to buy items I´ll decide what we buy and tell you. Regarding weapons and accessories, I´ll tell you within the RPG when you have permission to buy a new weapon or accessory for your character from what the shop has available (which I´ll post).
Remember that your character can equip one weapon and two accessories.
Sometimes we´ll find Items or Weapons/Accessories during our travels. Regarding Items I´ll just post when we find something, and regarding Weapons and Accessories I´ll tell you when you have permission to find one, as with shops.

Map

Erimine. This is the world of Tales of Memoria, which you will be traversing. Refer to it constantly in order to not get lost.

Well then. Questions, comments, suggestions and all that are to be directed here.

Last edited:
I'm going to love seeing the map, I can make it into apokemon style map if you would like (Pokemon styled maps tend to be smaller then other kinds of maps for easy loading). But did you also know that in Tales of Phatasia the summer didn't need to go into Overdrive to Summon (I believe the name was Clause). His summons were not super powerful. What you can do is combine the best parts of summoning from both ToS and ToP. You can summon weak monsters when normal, and summon powerful ones in overdrive.

Last edited:

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
I think the name was Klarth, actually...not sure though. Anyways, I didn´t know that. I guess that could work as well; weaker Otherside Spirits can be summoned outside of Overdrive, while stronger ones can´t. I´ll consider that. Thanks. ^^

In anycase, the map will be ready real soon.

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
Technically, all Hi-ougis from the Tales of... series games can only be used during overdrive, and TotA only allows them after a certain level after you get a certain AD Skill. Therefore, I want permission to be able to learn this skill after a certain period of time which is a tech only usable during overdrive/overlimitsu

粛然月影激怒 // Shukuzentsukikagegekidou // Solemn Moonbeam Rage
This attack can be considered a cross between Luke's Lost Fon Drive and Guy's/Rid's/Lloyd+Regal's Ryuukometsugazan. A magical glyph appears beneath Aereid and his target, and Aereid summons a rising burst of purple energy shaped like a cylinder encircling the glyph, catching the target and any enemy passerby that decides to walk into the glyph. Afterwards, Aereid begins to slash the enemy thrice, releasing projectile energy butterflies that attack the target. In the final step, Aereid double jumps high into the air, where you can see the image of a moon shining in the now dark sky. Aereid raises his blade and crashes down, creating a purple glyph where moonbeams rain down on the enemy the moonbeams travel along the ground like a river.

And yes, Yorei, the name is Klarth (F. Lester)

Last edited:

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
Ah, so it´s like Lloyd´s Falcon Crest. That´s fine. ^^

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
I just thought I'd make it known to everyone once the map is released...

If, you notice my character learning a magick out of nowhere, this has already been discussed between Yorei and I, as my character is able to learn special magic after being inspired by something (take, per se, a beautiful waterfall with a rainbow in the distance).

From earliest to latest of attainment, the magicks are, with their element;

Saint Bubble - Water
Thunder Blade - Wind
Ground Dasher - Earth
Ignition - Fire
Holy Lance - Light
Bloody Howling - Dark

After learning all of them my character will be able to learn Prism Sword after an event that will take place later.

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
Ohh, fun! XD Thanks a lot.

EDIT - Done with the map now! Access it on the first post of this thread. The RPG will start now, as well~!

Last edited:

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
Expect my post by tomorrow GMT+0800, because I'm in a bit of a tighty, and I have really no idea how to start... But once I do, I'll make a yummily long one to make up for it. Sounds good?

~Trance

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
Sounds perfect. Take your time. I´m pretty tight with school and all anyway. >>

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Hey, Yorei. I think I might be in a bind right now. If there's no Pact Spirits (I've only played ToS, and not other games, so I assumed they were in all games), then what am I to do?

Do you think we could place them, or would I have to remove that entirely? *cries*

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
There are Pact Spirits in Tales of Memoria. Never said there wouldn´t be.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Well, how about you give us a list of them, please? I know the Summon Spirits from ToS, but are we using those?

And how about a list of those Otherworld Spirits that your character will be communing with.

Third, what about the map? It's got no locations on it...

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
I have one last query, I want my character to have skills learnable after defeating major enemies (aka boss characters). Is that possible? If not, it will be just attainable by battle experience.

~Trance

EDIT:
Here's the link pertaining the skill information. Yorei, you can take a look at it if you want to. I can upload an updated one some time.

Skillset of Aereid Hailvale (Best with SHIFT-JIS encoding) <-- updated version

Last edited:

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
We´re using the Summon Spirits from ToS, Bron. Undine (Water), Ifrit (Fire), Celsius (Ice), Volt (Thunder), Luna (Light), Shadow (Darkness), Mole (Earth), Sylph (Air), Origin (Time) and Maxwell (Birth).

I won´t be revealed the Otherside Spirits just yet.

And I´ll work on locations for the map.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Hey, Yorei. I hope you'll forgive me for mini-Gamemastering, but I think you may have started the RP a bit too early. We don't have all the information worked out yet, and I'm personally having trouble with the limited info we have.

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
The RPG is fine. All info needed is provided for. I´ll add locations later, but I think you can find your way around by now.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I know I haven't posted yet. I've been short on ideas on how to start (I'm terrible with staring off), and I've been doing something offline and off-forum. The RP is going kinda slow, so I hope to be able to post either tonigt, or tomorrow.