• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of stolen games

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Left Ruby at after school care in 3rd grade, and Blue version too. But I found it again. :D

ManhattanTheStarr

Probably misplaced for a couple of minutes/hours, but never stolen. I did lose Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: EoT, but that doesn't count as stolen. :x

Kotone

I didn't get any of my games stolen. However, my sapphire and firered games got their memory wiped. It is important to note that my 1st and 2nd gen games didn't get their memory wiped.

I didn't get any of my games stolen. However, my sapphire and firered games got their memory wiped. It is important to note that my 1st and 2nd gen games didn't get their memory wiped.

Yeah, my yellow version still has its battery...however my red and gold versions died.
:(

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
I don't know exactly what happened, so I'm not even sure what did become of it, (Seriously, who walks into a house, so quietly that my mom doesn't even notice, snags a bag with Gameboy games, and just leaves, and still doesn't get noticed?) but one day my Pokemon Sapphire went missing.

My mom and dad thought my sister has a soft ball game, or practice, so my dad, sister, and I got into the car. I had my White DS Light with Pokemon Leaf Green in the Gameboy slot. I had left all my other games on the coffee table (I think that's its name...) in the living room, in a plastic bag. Probably about 10 games in there.

Turns out, there was no soft ball game or practice, so we just went to eat dinner instead. When we returned home, my games weren't on the table. So every Gameboy game I've ever owned (minus the ones my sister has in her bag) had vanished just like that. Including my precious Sapphire and Pokemon Pinball (The Gameboy Color version).

I don't know what could have happened to it, because my mom was the only one home, minus the dog and cat, and she didn't so anything to it. Our dog was a terrible dog, so he might have taken it somewhere, but I have no idea WHAT he could have done with it. It was even too big for him to eat!

I couldn't have missplaced it, my mom couldn't have taken it, and Max (the dog) probably didn't do anything to it. The cat wouldn't have done anything, so don't say that.

I feel the only possible thing is that someone SOMEHOW broke in, stole the games, and left before they were noticed, because I can't think of another plausible answer. Our porch door leading to outside was horrible anyway.

BIGJRA

Catchin' Em All
Never stolen, but i did lose and find continously. I found a platinum at a tournament, checked the game, and it was my friends and so i gave it back.

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
Never got any games stolen, but I almost left my Soulsilver and Dsi in school. I was playing it in class and I almost left it in a desk. Luckily, I remembered and made the janitor let me back upstairs. For some reason, the door to the class was still open. I can't believe how lucky I was! Never playing games in class again (Fingers crossed).

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
I've never had one of my games stolen, though I have misplaced my diamond game quite a few times, but I always managed to find it again.
RaichuArcanine​

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
I've never had one of my games stolen, though I have misplaced my diamond game quite a few times, but I always managed to find it again.
RaichuArcanine​

I was like this too. Except, it was with my Yellow or Crystal. I would lose them and forget about them. Then a few weeks later, "Oh yeah here they are. I would either proceed to make a new file or continue from when I left off. I kept doing this untill their internal batteries died...

*IZ*

I remember my brother and his friends stole a crystal version. Since they knew I liked pokemon they gave it to me (i was pretty sad because my gold died).

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
Well glad i'm not the only one. As you can see in my signature it happened to me too.

In 1999 I bought Pokemon Red. my first ever Pokemon game like any other kid who was into the Pokemon craze. I played it non-stop every day until I beat it. Bragged and talked about it to my friends, battled traded and etc. from Red -> Gold -> Crystal -> Ruby -> Emerald -> Pearl including Pokemon Colosseum, Stadium 1 & 2, and Gale of Darkness (Though I didn't get Pokemon battle revolution because it didn't have an RPG mode) I've traded pokemon between myself (Lol indeed) just to transfer all of my pokemon all to the next up to date game.

I never cared about stats, or EVs, or natures or anything complicated like that. I just trained nonstop constantly rebeating the Elite Four and or Wild pokemon. Charizard (Red), Typhlosion(Gold), Mewtwo(Red), Ampharos(Gold), Toterra(Pearl), Dragonite(Gold). I treated them all like I would treat my dogs. As friends and people i've been with all the way through and cared for them. I knew they were fictional creatures but still fun to imagine. All of them were put through hundreds of hours of training to get them all to lv100 or near. I put so much time in effort into them I became a little sentimental torwards them

Ever since I've been following pokemon all the way up to 2008, in Junior High I left my Pokemon Pearl with all of my Pokemon traded into it (At least all of my main team) in my gym locker as well as my Nintendo DS. Now I usually just stuff my Gym Locker with stuff so no one will get it (being that my gym locker didn't have lock so I often just shared my locker with someone), but I learned my lesson. When I returned, it was gone. Somebody had stolen it.

I reported it to the school, and they had suspicion of a certain kid. But because of legal issues, privacy or whatever. They couldn't touch him. So I knew someone stole it some ******* had the nerve to steal it. Well they are somewhere right now, either sold on Ebay. or completely erased.

They'll never be replaced, being that I can't find my original Red, Gold, Ruby and Emerald (I still have my Crystal). At least they weren't stolen. their just somewhere. Eventually I'll buy a new DS. but as of right now Emulation is the only way I can play Pokemon. I've started a new team on Heartgold, I put hope forth that these new pokemon will be a new experience for me.

Last edited:

725roy

ambivolent
I'll admit, I pulled a slight of hand to get my friends Pokmon Pearl, but I ended up giving it back... after I traded like 3 of his level 100s.

I believe thatt I had my Pokemon Gold Versionn got stolen while I was at a Pokemon event, cause, I let a guy check out my games, luckily it was the nl one that was stolen... Oh and

I've NEVER EVER Stolen any games from Kecleon. now I'm done.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I had my Silver stolen once. When I did detective work, I found the guy that stole it and challenged him to a battle, using my Crystal Version. He accepted, battling me with my own Silver Version. We fought on the condition that, if he won, I'd have to give him my Crystal Version too. If I won, I would take back my Silver Version and forget this ever happened.

I had to admit, seeing "PkMn Trainer Sam wants to battle!" looked odd. But, I managed.

It took almost an hour, but I eventually beat him and won my game back.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I had my Silver stolen once. When I did detective work, I found the guy that stole it and challenged him to a battle, using my Crystal Version. He accepted, battling me with my own Silver Version. We fought on the condition that, if he won, I'd have to give him my Crystal Version too. If I won, I would take back my Silver Version and forget this ever happened.

I had to admit, seeing "PkMn Trainer Sam wants to battle!" looked odd. But, I managed.

It took almost an hour, but I eventually beat him and won my game back.

You're doing it right. *thumbs up*

haha. Anyways, I've never had any of my games stolen, but that's because I'm so protective of them.

I know a few people who have had their game stolen though.

DasBoot

Never had a Pokémon game stolen from me (thank goodness), but I have had my DS Lite stolen from me when we had a garage sale. I left it out on a table I was watching, when my mom called me somewere for 2 minutes. After I got back, it was missing.

Centurai

I lost about 200$ worth of games once, because I lost the case. That was Platinum, Explorers of Darkness, Nintendogs, Fire Emblem, etcetc. If I had to guess I'd say I left it at my friend's house, and my friend moved. She might have packed it or something in which case I have to wait until she tells me she found it. Ah well.

Our latest game loss was when my genius brother lost his DS with White Version in it -- but he lost it on a plane trip, when he left it in the seat pocket.

Razor Xtreme

Ah... I remember I had this friend that was two years older than me, he'd always come to our house and stuff, and one day he looted and took like 4-5 of my Gamecube games and my Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Blue. I was sad :(
I didn't really suspect him much till his brother, who was like 7 at the time, told me "Hey my brother sold one of the games you let him borrow" and I was like "What? I never let him borrow any games..." and then when we went to his house, his little brother gave me 2 of the Gamecube games back before his brother got home. I was scared of him so I never said anything.

Now we're older, and I still talk to him now, in fact I'm going to see him today cause it's my sisters birthday and we had to create a dance for it, and it's today, so yeah. >_>

Oh, and a few weeks ago my neighbors little brother (he's like 6 I think), took my Gameboy with FireRed in it as well as my DS charger. His brother found it 2 days later, gave it back to me, and that little boy got in huge trouble.

It sucks cause I'm forced to let him in my room since their family is so nice and I love two of them (non-homo-ly, of course), so we always invite them over to our house, usually they just play COD Black Ops and even though I dont like that game much I play with them every now and then. Except since they come over, their annoying little brother HAS to come.

Last edited:

Skydra

I'm pretty safe with my stuff... I've never lost or had stolen from me any games.

Status
Not open for further replies.