• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of the Ancients - Pokémon Myths and Legends

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Tales of the Ancients - Pokémon Myths and Legends

This is a simple thread I figured I'd surmise. This thread is dedicated to the discussion of the myths, legends, and stories of ancient and primal Pokémon from long ago. Be it the Original Story, or the Tales of the Two Brothers, this thread's goal is to discover what all of these ancient folklores in the world of Pokémon mean. How were they discovered? What is the purpose? What is the moral? Why did they decide to include it in the game to begin with? My fellow Pokémon Trainers, this thread is for you guys.

Rules for this thread:

-All SPPf Rules
-NO SPECULATION. You are to discuss what is already canon and make presumptions as to what they mean. If you see anyone speculating a myth to the 6th Gen, report them post-haste. (This does not include mentioning the 6th Gen. You may say they will explain the myth in a later Gen, but do not directly say 'Oh, this is 6th Gen shice.')
That would be it. You know what not to do. Don't do it, or I will hammer the Red Triangle.

That said, let's begin. There are several myths that you may discuss.

Towers in Ecruteak
Ruins of Alph
Legend of the Regis
The Original Story
Creation of the World (Groudon and Kyogre's duel)
Distortion World
The Tri-Lakes of Sinnoh
The Tale of Two Brothers
Etc, etc...

I hope you enjoy this, and I hope we learn something about the World of Pokémon in this thread.

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector
Now, with the Tri-Lakes of Sinnoh, what is the deal with the 4th lake that was hidden away?

Flame Mistress

^ Maybe... Giratina was supposed to be the fourth pixie. But her bad deeds made her lose her status and the legendaries banished her into a cave inside the 4th lake (name slips out of mind). Then, her darkness transformed herself into a mutated evil monster, and created a mysterious world...

/rant

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
Theory...

The books in Canalave library talk about Arceus(The original one) creating Dialga & Palkia(the being of time & space), as well as Azelf, Mesprit & Uxie(the beings of emotion), & the creation of the universe. Since Giratina wasn't mentioned, I think its safe to say that Giratina Arceus must have banned Giratina to the distortion world for Violence at this time.(Platinum Pokedex entry).

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Giratina was created as is, so I don't think that it's Giratina. Maybe there's so other Pokemon out there that we haven't heard of? Doubtful I suppose, but still possible...

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
Sendoff Spring (because it sends you off to your world again) is a real mystery. Clearly it has something to do with Giratina, but what exactly.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
I think the puzzle to get to Giratina may give us clues.
Bulbapedia said:
This is... That where life sparkles... That where life has faded... A place where two worlds overlap...

The only way to locate Giratina is to pass the three pillars before passing through thirty rooms as the inscription says:

...Past three pillars...offer up... to the... ...before 30 is surpassed...

There is no way to consistently traverse the cave as rooms are always randomized upon entry, but the best hint to navigate the puzzle is to look at the pattern of rocks on the floor of each room, and enter the door out of the three which has the odd pattern. When the three pillars have been encountered the first time, Giratina will be in the next room. Escape Ropes are not usable, but if one turns back and leaves through the door from which they entered, it will warp them directly to the first room. When the player reaches a pillar and examines it two numbers will appear: the top number indicates which pillar the player is looking at, and the bottom indicates how many rooms have been passed through on the way to it.

Dragontamer1011

Sendoff Spring (because it sends you off to your world again) is a real mystery. Clearly it has something to do with Giratina, but what exactly.

Seems to be like a veil between the worlds as Giratina can appear there. Maybe its a doorway back and forth? Maybe only Giratina can use it?

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector
That would be a long time to have to wait to hear the rest of it, considering D/P remakes shouldn't be for awhile...

Manaphione123

Merely A Puppet
Yeah well, can't have everything can we? It's probably never going to be explained. Just like the great mystery that is Cubone's face.

Dragontamer1011

Yeah well, can't have everything can we? It's probably never going to be explained. Just like the great mystery that is Cubone's face.

What if its just a replica of his mothers skull that grows with him since birth? Technically he is wearing his mothers skull and if shes dead well.. Yeh.

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector
That is quite a lot of dead Cubone moms...why do they all die? Are Cubones cursed?

Manaphione123

Merely A Puppet
This is not a cubone discussion. I brought it up as a comment, not a topic. And no, it's not a replica of the skull. Do human skulls look like human faces? Not that much, no.

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector
I'm sorry, I've always wondered that and I got distracted. Anyways, what exactly is the tale of two brothers? I've never heard of that before.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
I'm sorry, I've always wondered that and I got distracted. Anyways, what exactly is the tale of two brothers? I've never heard of that before.
I think he means the Two princes who both controlled the Dragon of Unova. They were constantly fighting over whether the kingdom should be ruled by truth or ideals. Eventually they realized Reshiram & Zekrom didn't like the fighting & they stopped only for their sons to continue it. The fighting eventually caused that Dragon to Spit in two, one being Reshiram & the as Zekrom. They destroyed Unova in Pillar of Thunder & fire & flew away...

More or less thats the way it is. I haven't heard the legend in a while so I'm rusty.

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector
Oh, that's what that is! Well then, does anyone think that there's more to the story (for example, where exactly Kyurem comes into play)?

Manaphione123

Merely A Puppet
This is where the third version comes in. The third version always fleshes out any plots and mysteries. Platinum being the prime example.

And apparently, Kyurem is what's left over from the dragon after Reshi and Zekki split.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
This is where the third version comes in. The third version always fleshes out any plots and mysteries. Platinum being the prime example.

And apparently, Kyurem is what's left over from the dragon after Reshi and Zekki split.
Where does the "I-fell-from-the-sky-in-an-icy-comet-&-started-to-eat-Lancunosa-town-villagers-at-night" part come in?