• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of... Thread

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
What's coming in those two months again?

Jan (all late Jan)
•Yakuza 0
•Resident Evil 7
•Kingdom Hearts II.8
•Tales of Berseria

Feb
•Nioh
•Persona 5
•Nier: Automata (no official US date yet, but last year they said they wanted a global release)
•Horizon Zero Dawn

I'm not sure, but I think For Honor also comes out in Feb.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Jan (all late Jan)
•Yakuza 0
•Resident Evil 7
•Kingdom Hearts II.8
•Tales of Berseria

Feb
•Nioh
•Persona 5
•Nier: Automata (no official US date yet, but last year they said they wanted a global release)
•Horizon Zero Dawn

I'm not sure, but I think For Honor also comes out in Feb.

You forgot Gravity Rush 2. And to a smaller extent, Fate/Extella

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
But remember the last time everyone thought it was a good idea to release games in March to beat the January/February rush? Everything came out in March instead.

Can't win.

When it comes to the games in the Tales of series, the only ones I have played are Tales of Vesperia and Tales of the Abyss. Of party members in those two games, my favorites would be Judith, Raven, Estelle, Yuri, and Jade. In fact when I play Tales of Vesperia, my active party members are Yuri, Judith, Raven, and Estelle. Where as in Tales of the Abyss, Jade is usually one of my active party members.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
so who's ready for Talesfes?
(raises hand)
what are your guys' hopes/wishes for it? obviously something w the switch is being done, but what are you hoping for?

Rakurai

It's no main series game, but I felt like reviving this thread just note how much of a gem the recently released Tales of the Rays is amongst the hordes of greedy mobile games out there.

It's very much a game that F2P players can get by in easily, partly because of the fact that the nature of game's combat makes it so you can overcome pretty ridiculous strength differences if you play smart with free run and invincible artes, and also because its gacha (You pull for weapons with artes attached to them, along with mystic artes) is very generous both with the rates and how much free currency is handed out.

They also let you get a ton of freebies for the new characters released through events (The current duo is Milla and Elize, with Mikleo and Edna having been released earlier in the month) so they'll be strong team additions even if you don't get anything from the gacha.

Lastly, it just looks really nice, and lives up to its claim of being a "console-quality Tales game".

The only thing that's a little cruel is the fact that there's no way to revive KO'd characters save for spending currency in the case of a full party wipe, but this can be alleviated by just closing the app if you lose somebody (Which lets you restart the fight from the beginning).

Last edited:

Rakurai

The only things that stick out as a little bothersome to me are:

The gacha RNG dictates which of your characters will be useful, and while the banners tend to be focused on a set few characters, it's still very possible to end up with your favorites in a nigh-unusable state (Unless you like having only one arte to work with). Event characters are better of in that they typically get two additional artes on top of the one they come with, though, and you'll eventually be able to just purchase the weapons for story-obtained characters using the bonus currency that's obtained from doing draws, so they at least did some damage control for exceptionally unlucky people.

No way to revive party members save for the usual "Continue with currency" function that's almost omnipresent in mobile games means you'll probably resetting a lot on higher difficulties where the bosses can easily two or three hit KO party members, especially when certain quest objectives call for no KOs.

Overall, it's still a lot less P2W then other mobile RPGs due to the fact that you can actually avoid damage if you play smart with free run or abuse certain artes, making things more then just a battle of numbers like other popular titles such as Final Fantasy Record Keeper/Brave Exvius and KHUX (This game in particular is terrible about forcing you into meeting ridiculous minimum strength requirements to be able clear all of its events).