• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of... Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Ahaha, good luck with that. :p

It especially reminds me of the Tales games themselves. I think there's a lot of Tales games that's only released in Japan, no?

It's not quite as bad as it seems, but there are a few games that have never been released outside of Japan. They are Tales of Destiny 2, Tales of Rebirth, Tales of Innocence, Tales of Hearts and Tales of Xillia. Of the thirteen mothership titles released 8 have been released outside of Japan, that's not so bad. And there's still hope that we could receive Xillia and the newly remade Innocence R for Vita.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I found the Japanese opening for Tales of the Abyss.

Is much more fitting than the vocal-less American version.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
You're lucky you get the soundtrack, I had to buy that. I wonder if it's actually the complete soundtrack, though.

Kinda wish we got htat.

But then, since preorders did end a million years ago or so...

I probably should actually play my Tales games already. Some people have been gently pressuring me and I'm stupid and slow at things.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Well, there's a commercial up for the next Tales of along with a few more pictures in this thread. There appears to being another one coming on the 28th too, yay. The game really does look different and almost like a darker-looking Abyss. It seems one girl is going to change the world once again!

It's not quite as bad as it seems, but there are a few games that have never been released outside of Japan. They are Tales of Destiny 2, Tales of Rebirth, Tales of Innocence, Tales of Hearts and Tales of Xillia. Of the thirteen mothership titles released 8 have been released outside of Japan, that's not so bad. And there's still hope that we could receive Xillia and the newly remade Innocence R for Vita.

*coughDestinyRcough* It really is almost a different game.

And you're not going to count Tempest?

I found the Japanese opening for Tales of the Abyss.

Is much more fitting than the vocal-less American version.

And there is one that combines both of them which is better than either individually!

Last edited:

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
What?

Tempest isn't considered a mothership title, despite being completely original, for whatever reason.

You listed what hasn't been released outside of Japan and the Destiny Remake should be counted. The remake did and changed a bunch of stuff (like the battle system and the game script) from the original that it can be almost considered a new game. I wouldn't count the just original anymore; they need to release Destiny R for Destiny to fully count.

But, it was once! xD It just sucked that badly. Maybe it'll reclaim its mothership title one day?

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
You listed what hasn't been released outside of Japan and the Destiny Remake should be counted. The remake did and changed a bunch of stuff (like the battle system and the game script) from the original that it can be almost considered a new game. I wouldn't count the just original anymore; they need to release Destiny R for Destiny to fully count.

Oh, I just went through the list of Mothership Titles on Wikipedia to pick out the ones that hadn't been released outside of Japan.

But, it was once! xD It just sucked that badly. Maybe it'll reclaim its mothership title one day?

I think that after having that classification removed, it's not going to get it back xD

ForeverFlame

So, the new game is Xillia 2.

On the bright side, it looks awesome. The combat is extremely fast-paced, and the main character can wield three completely different types of weapons. And in battle you can seamlessly go from wielding double swords (awesome!!) to wielding double guns (once again, awesome!!). I'd like to emphasize how fast-paced the combat is.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So, the new game is Xillia 2.

On the bright side, it looks awesome. The combat is extremely fast-paced, and the main character can wield three completely different types of weapons. And in battle you can seamlessly go from wielding double swords (awesome!!) to wielding double guns (once again, awesome!!). I'd like to emphasize how fast-paced the combat is.

On the other hand, we're getting screwed over another Tales game for not even touching Xillia.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Tales Forum Discussion/Speculation

There have been different quotes on the teaser site. Note that given the lack of context, these quotes are only approximate translations.

19 Days (beginning) - 12 Days: "Are you determined to destroy the world for the sake of one girl?"
11 Days: "Papa told me that a real promise is one you make by looking the other in the eye."
10 Days: "I've seen the form of a vessel, next to measure its depth."
9 Days: "Stealthily erasing it and making it as if it were never there ... That's your speciality, right?"
8 Days: "You'll regret that you didn't stop here until the day you die!"
7 Days: "If you continue to fight alone, one day you'll be engulfed in loneliness."
6 Days: "I wonder if humans are strong because they have something to protect?"
5 Days: "I'll teach you... that there are things in this world that cannot be destroyed."
4 Days: "Though that might be so... the most important thing isn't how it appears, right?"
3 Days: "I want you to face forward. Any human has the strength to do that."
2 Days: "Memories are something we can just create again."
1 Day: "So, what is your wish?"

MEGATON:

Tales Festival trailer shown here and covered on andriasang and Abyssal Chronicles. And, as some speculated, and others feared, this NTO is indeed TALES OF XILLIA 2.

The game is Tales of Xillia 2, for PS3. The game is is set to be released this Winter 2012. There is to be an event on June 27 to decide when the game will be released. It is a sequel to Xillia taking place on Elenpios one year after the events of Xillia.

Spoilers to the original Xillia about Elenpios
(It is another world that you briefly explore at the end of Xillia. I'd say about 3 or 4 hours worth, and with only 4 locations.)

The game's genre is "An RPG where your choices spin the future." As the genre indicates, you will be able to make decisions during the game that affect how the story unfolds (multiple endings, likely!).

Rudger Will Kresnik and Elle Mel Martha are the main characters. Pictured on Elle's slide is also Lulu, Rudger's cat. Note that romanizations are not official. The names in their official, Japanese form can be seen on AC. Rudger is voiced by Takashi Kondou, and Elle by Mariya Ise. Elle is 8 years old. Character designs are by Daigo Okumura.

The battle system is Cross Double Raid Linear Motion Battle System or XDR-LMBS. Nice gif below gives you a good idea of what it looks like.

As you probably noticed, there is a "Weapon Shift" system, similar to Graces' Style shift, but you switch weapons entirely. As shown above, Rudger can switch between twin swords, two pistos, and a hammer.

Ufotable is again working on the animation cutscenes for this game, instead of Production I.G. Ayumi Hamasaki is also again returning for the OP. Also, just as Xillia had a special edition PS3, Xillia 2 has a special edition PS3 controller. Kyun Chara Pack from LalaBit Market and Famitsu's DX Pack are again returning for Xillia 2.

^What is known so far on the game, it seems.

Pictures of two of the characters are shown here.

More pictures:

How decisions work.
The general look of the game and main character.
Ufotable's work.

Combined trailers for gameplay, characters' voices, and decisions.

Frankly, I'm not terribly interested so far and I don't think the battle system looks all that awesome. It looks okay; I need to actually see it in the game, it could be good. I'm a bit disappointed that it's not a brand new game, though. Winter 2012 is pretty quick, si I wonder how long they've been working on this considering Xillia, itself, was rushed. And I find it quite amusing that Namdai is doing a 2 right after the first Xillia, just like Pokemon is doing a 2. Sequels are all over the place.

But, I am a bit interested in seeing how the actually decisions work out, if they're any good, if there are multiple endings. Such as... Can I not save the girl? So far, in the trailer it looks like it doesn't really do much. Anyways, maybe this will lead to a better version of the relationship system from Symphonia one day.

EDIT: I want that fat cat to be playable and/or the heroine. That would be a lot more interesting than anything shown so far.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I would be interested in this game, if I had any means of playing and understand Xillia. I hope they localize both. Maybe on a single disc? I'd pay more.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
It's possible they may localize Xillia now. With there being a 2 rather than a DC, there shouldn't be any reasons not to localize. While a single disc may be possible, you know Namdai don't have the balls to do that or give us two discs in one package. :p

And it seems TalesofU (they seem to deal with localizing Tales in Europe) is hyping something up. If they're localizing Xillia, we should be getting Xillia as well.