• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of... Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
As it turns out, Marta never learns Judgment. That's a move classified for angels only.

That's what I thought.

Para, you've got some 'splaining to do.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I already explained on the previous page!

Speaking of explaining, what about that Tales timeline? Much more confusing than that Zelda timeline, isn't it?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I already explained on the previous page!

Marta doesn't learn it, either!

Speaking of explaining, what about that Tales timeline? Much more confusing than that Zelda timeline, isn't it?

Not really, any game that's related we know of, and we know how far apart they are. Most of the games aren't related though, they're each in their own separate universe.

They're story-driven RPGs, after all. So they don't really leave us in the dark for much.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Not really, any game that's related we know of, and we know how far apart they are. Most of the games aren't related though, they're each in their own separate universe.

They're story-driven RPGs, after all. So they don't really leave us in the dark for much.

Yeah, the only connected games are Symphonia and Phantasia, and then Destiny and Destiny II(JP) obviously

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Do they still have a title for beat X amount of battles in a row on Hard like in Symphonia?

Oh, and do Titles actually raise and lower certain stats any more?

There's a title you can get in the coliseum by talking to a spectator if you participate in 100 battles (I think) or more in Very Hard. Also, you get another title if you beat the ultimate bonus boss either in Very Hard or Unknown.

Titles in this game do not affect stats, but they instead provide bonuses like healing poison in three seconds or getting discounts at shops. Stats are directly influenced by C.Cores adding extra points every level.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
^ Isnt the beserker title gotten by doing over 300 battles on Hard mode^

What does selecting the grade option do? Does it decrease grade the more poorly you do and double it the better you preform?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
^ Isnt the beserker title gotten by doing over 300 battles on Hard mode^

What does selecting the grade option do? Does it decrease grade the more poorly you do and double it the better you preform?

Alright, I got confused. Let me use the magic that is known...as Google!

*Searches*

It's a grand total of 256 battles on Hard.

And yes, the Grade option does that. If you're awesome in battles, you'll get a lot of Grade. If you plain SUCK, bye-bye goes your grade.

Recon

I've played Tales of Symphonia: DotNW and I don't understand all of the hate it's getting. I thought the game itself was fun and fine. It was different from the other RPGs I've played, but a good different.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I've played Tales of Symphonia: DotNW and I don't understand all of the hate it's getting. I thought the game itself was fun and fine. It was different from the other RPGs I've played, but a good different.

Ooh, this is just bad...

1) The game is short.
2) 3 out of the original 9 main VAs came back.
3) Monster system was pretty boring overall (unlike FF XIII-2, which pulled it off really well).
4) There was absolutely NO reason to put a horrendous level 50 cap to the previous main cast at the final part of the game, which FORCED you to rely on Emil, Marta, and the monsters when you played on harder difficulties.
5) As was locking the main cast's equipment.
6) The guild with sidequests is just too damn repetitive.
7) And besides the guild, sidequests in this game are pretty rare.
8) Many complained normal Emil is a ninny (not me).

The only saving grace it had was fully-voiced skits. Oh, and some remixed tracks.

9) A skit viewer was completely neglected (for Japanese and Americans).

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Ooh, this is just bad...

1) The game is short.
2) 3 out of the original 9 main VAs came back.
3) Monster system was pretty boring overall (unlike FF XIII-2, which pulled it off really well).
4) There was absolutely NO reason to put a horrendous level 50 cap to the previous main cast at the final part of the game, which FORCED you to rely on Emil, Marta, and the monsters when you played on harder difficulties.
5) As was locking the main cast's equipment.
6) The guild with sidequests is just too damn repetitive.
7) And besides the guild, sidequests in this game are pretty rare.
8) Many complained normal Emil is a ninny (not me).

The only saving grace it had was fully-voiced skits. Oh, and some remixed tracks.

9) A skit viewer was completely neglected (for Japanese and Americans).
Thank you. I'll put it straight, this game was my first dive into this wonderful RPG series but now when I look back, I see how awful and pointless this spin-off is.

Last edited: