• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of... Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's just not the usual quality that all the other titles are.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
What bonuses did you spend your Grade on?

I think, Grade, AD Skills, C. Cores, Artes, and FSC chambers. I think Tutti core is really helping my out. I'm aslo getting like 5-8 grade a battle and 40+ for bosses.

I've played Tales of Symphonia: DotNW and I don't understand all of the hate it's getting. I thought the game itself was fun and fine. It was different from the other RPGs I've played, but a good different.

Ooh, this is just bad...

1) The game is short.
2) 3 out of the original 9 main VAs came back.
3) Monster system was pretty boring overall (unlike FF XIII-2, which pulled it off really well).
4) There was absolutely NO reason to put a horrendous level 50 cap to the previous main cast at the final part of the game, which FORCED you to rely on Emil, Marta, and the monsters when you played on harder difficulties.
5) As was locking the main cast's equipment.
6) The guild with sidequests is just too damn repetitive.
7) And besides the guild, sidequests in this game are pretty rare.
8) Many complained normal Emil is a ninny (not me).

The only saving grace it had was fully-voiced skits. Oh, and some remixed tracks.

9) A skit viewer was completely neglected (for Japanese and Americans).

I'm going to assume he hasn't played the first one because he said it's not like other rpg's he's played.

1) Eh, not really a problem. The game is about 15hrs long. I beat vesperia in 10hr.

2) Not a problem if you haven't played the first.

3) FF IIIX-2's monster system was horrible.

4) and 5) I agree.

6, 7, and 8 don't really bring the game down. Emil's is no more annoying than Luke(Well maybe a little lol).

9) I guess, some were pretty damn funny. Not really a problem though.

People tend to forget that Emil is pretty decent Tales fighter. Great skill list and can combo in the air. I think the only other person in the series that does it better is Judith from Vesperia. All that makes him a pretty badass character in the spin-off games(also the fact that he's in Ratatosk(sp?) mode).

pointless this spin-off is.

This game added Richter.

I win.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
People tend to forget that Emil is pretty decent Tales fighter. Great skill list and can combo in the air. I think the only other person in the series that does it better is Judith from Vesperia. All that makes him a pretty badass character in the spin-off games(also the fact that he's in Ratatosk(sp?) mode).
Go nickname your worthless Pachirisu and/or just as worthless Emolga, Ratatosk. Ah, the good use of using Johnny Yong Bosch's Ichigo and Renton voices. Now there's his Pit voice which surprised me. Wonder what they're going to use that for in the future? Enough worthless rambling, I agree with every point you stated, jb.

This game added Richter.

I win.
Don't remind me of my friend's doodles of Richter XXX Emil. So...much...fan...yaoi...but it (the fan-art) was hilarious! :D
They also put Richter in Tales of VS., which I amuse is a pretty shallow fighter.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
They also put Richter in Tales of VS., which I amuse is a pretty shallow fighter.

I was truly amazed at this to be honest. The same goes for Reid. How can you be the man charcter and not even get into the game.

Seriously, they let Mint in. Mint! The healer with NO attacks or offensive spells beside Pow Hammer and Pow Pow Hammer.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I think, Grade, AD Skills, C. Cores, Artes, and FSC chambers. I think Tutti core is really helping my out. I'm aslo getting like 5-8 grade a battle and 40+ for bosses.

Do they still have the 2x and 10x Exp options?

3) FF IIIX-2's monster system was horrible.

I loved it. The monsters were much more useful than in DotNW, easier to obtain, easier to level and control, they had abilities and could be merged. It was a much more fleshed out system.

Go nickname your worthless Pachirisu and/or just as worthless Emolga, Ratatosk. Ah, the good use of using Johnny Yong Bosch's Ichigo and Renton voices. Now there's his Pit voice which surprised me. Wonder what they're going to use that for in the future? Enough worthless rambling, I agree with every point you stated, jb.

He's also the Black and Green Power Rangers.

Seriously, they let Mint in. Mint! The healer with NO attacks or offensive spells beside Pow Hammer and Pow Pow Hammer.

POW HAMMER!

I hate Pow Hammer.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Picked Abyss off my shelf tonight and I'm finally at the halfway point…I think.

It's hilarious, Luke's face oddly makes it look like he's from K-ON!

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
^ No way in hell are you at the halfway point, you got a lot to do son.This game is rife with sidequests too.They have cutoff points...
I have a seriously uncontrolable itch to play vesperia. They need to port the completed version on more than the PS3. Don't think its gonna happen before a next gen console. Don't think the handhelds out can support ot either.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Agreed, at least we're getting Graces F.