• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of... Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
.... Is that going on the Wii? In the U.S I mean

No, Tales of Graces was released for Wii in Japan. Tales of Graces F is on the PS3.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
.... Is that going on the Wii? In the U.S I mean
Tales games that have gotten expansions have always been ported to Sony's console so no. I don't understand why an entire new system though. Okay, I can understand Vespria with the Xbox 360 not being so popular in Japan, and Graces getting a graphical upgrade. That just leaves Symphonia to talk about and that's most likely due to the space on a Game Cube disk. There's Abyss to an extent which was ported (bar the Japanese version) onto Nintendo's 480p handheld(compared to Sony's 720p handheld) and only gained a poor execution of the system's main gimmick.

Meh, I don't know what to say about this. Enable priced downloadable content which serves as the upgrade to the game when it is released later? Doubt it's a good decision money wise but nonetheless.

On the topic of the ports, how deep is Symphonia's PS2 expansion? If Namco Bandai translated the added content (no dub required), I think they could make a good sum if they rereleased it for the Wii U's Virtual Console, charging double the price of a regular Game Cube title sold by the service, due to the game's size and added content. Explanations for the price would help the consumers. Doubt it will happen but a man can dream.

Last edited:

Chris-kun

i still believe
On the topic of the ports, how deep is Symphonia's PS2 expansion? If Namco Bandai translated the added content (no dub required), I think they could make a good sum if they rereleased it for the Wii U's Virtual Console, charging double the price of a regular Game Cube title sold by the service, due to the game's size and added content. Explanations for the price would help the consumers. Doubt it will happen but a man can dream.

Added some sidequests/costumes was all I remember hearing about it

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I'm not a huge fan of the Tales series, seeing as I was never able to get into the story of Symphonia. Apparently that was one of the best... and I haven't really played many of them anyway. I did happen to love Tales of the World Radiant Mythology a lot! So annoying that the second and third versions weren't released outside of Japan! ):

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
How do you use Ion(mystic arte) on the 3DS Version? Every time I watch the Abyss opening I feel heavy hearted , like I'm going to cry ...on that note I found my brothers copy of Symphonia in mint condition

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
.... So A right?^

What about indignation? Hold R? ( it was r2 in the PS2 version.

Someone should right up a quick guide of the button combinations for the 3DS version really.

I brought Symphonia pre-owned for less than £20 years ago, and I'm staggered to see how much these games go for on Ebay now days....That said its one of the best JRPGs I have played, I fell in love with both the story and the characters, also the battle system felt fresh and broke away from the usual static turn based system I was used to at the time!

I'm tempted to hunt down a copy of Tales of the abyss for my 3DS as I never played the original.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Anything to get Bandai Namco Studios to give us all the Tales games they skipped on us. Oh, and stop treating the PlayStation as their ultimate base. They forgot they started it all with Nintendo.

MonkeyX

Anything to get Bandai Namco Studios to give us all the Tales games they skipped on us. Oh, and stop treating the PlayStation as their ultimate base. They forgot they started it all with Nintendo.

That would be nice, I hate that I have to miss out on all the games that are only on Playstation.

I got a copy of Symphonia today, really looking forward to starting it but I probably won't get a chance for a little while.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
If you're not going to play as Sheena, don't use her in battle, she's as useless as that other busty character in that other anime!

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Then why did she keep dying when the CPU was controlling her?