• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of... Thread

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
Considering getting Tales of Vesperia for 360. Is it any good and how similar is it to Tales of The Abyss (On a side note, Tales of The Abyss is amazing. I'm still not done with it. I put it down a while ago, and I've been meaning to come back to it.)?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Considering getting Tales of Vesperia for 360. Is it any good and how similar is it to Tales of The Abyss (On a side note, Tales of The Abyss is amazing. I'm still not done with it. I put it down a while ago, and I've been meaning to come back to it.)?

I'd suggest it. I don't personally have it, but I loved Graces f when I got it. I don't doubt it's not unlike Abyss or Graces f. I would play Graces f again, but I have at least 10 games in my backlog, of which 3 or 4 need at least 50 hours to play through them from me.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
All the Tales games are relatively similar, if you like one you'll probably like them all. Whenever the next time 360s go on sale is I'll probably get one just for Vesperia.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
All the Tales games are relatively similar, if you like one you'll probably like them all. Whenever the next time 360s go on sale is I'll probably get one just for Vesperia.

Then I'll probably get Vesperia. It's $30 on XBM but around $25 on amazon. But I still have games to finish, so I don't have the time to dive into an RPG at this moment (especially because I just bought FFXIII-2).

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I just bought a 360 today myself, I actually bought it so I could play Trials with my coworkers, but now I'll finally be able to play Vesperia, I'll be picking that up soon. Was there any collector's editions or the like for it?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Tales of Vesperia is a billion times better than Tales of the Abyss. If you can enjoy Abyss with Luke's constant whining then you'll be blown away by how awesome Yuri, Raven and Rita are. Every character in Vesperia is fun to use(Except Karol) and it has the best battle system out of all the games that solely use TP. The story is tiny bit above average until the third part of the game where it fells rush but other than(and the fact that there's a superior PS3 version) there's nothing else wrong with it.

I place it among the top 3 JRPGS for the 360 along with Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata.

I also have the metal collectors editions case that came with Vesperia. Sweet.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
More updates, but not much. Mostly fluff. Enjoy!

Tales Forum:

POST UNVEIL:

Jump scan reveals Ludger is 20 years old and is a normal young man who's currently living with his older brother. He handles the housework and is a good cook. Elle says she needs to go to "Land of Canaan" where wishes are granted to help her father. She's a level-headed and lively little girl who went on a journey to head for Canaan. She hates tomatoes. And Lulu is Ludger's pudgy yet active cat who doesn't shy away from strangers.

Next, SummonerPascal picked up a post from Nore's blog. More details (mostly about the characters' bios) can be seen in the link, but the most significant info was:

-Elle is not playable in battle.
-Weapon Shift works by pressing two buttons. L1+R1 to go forward a weapon, L1 + R2 to go backwards a weapon.
-Liese Maxia and Elenpios exist in harmony for the time being, but there are some cultural and ideological differences that do cause confrontations.
-The Kranpious Company exists in the city of Trigraph (on Elenpios; the location is visited in Xillia). They claim to "rule the market" and they have a scheme involving Liese Maxia. They will play a large role in the story.
-There is some way to make use of Liese Maxia's technology without killing spirits. Sounds like it's not too practical, though.
-Destroying the world for the girl is an option, but not the only one.
-Other party members might have different skills instead of Ludger's "Weapon Shift."
-There is a reason Ludger's last name is Kresnik.

Shortly thereafter, andriasang posted Xillia 2 info from Famitsu, confirming the info from Nore's blog plus mentioning more:

-Development is at 60% (as of June)
-XDR-LMBS meant to incorporate elements from Xillia and Graces
-Inomata and Fujishima will have some involvement with the game, in a way that Baba says will make the fans happy.
-There is a major path for the story to take, and choices don't lead to numerous branching paths, but rather different methods of accomplishing the same thing.
-Baba teases Liese Maxia, saying whether or not we'll revisit there will be mentioned later.

Also, the scans provide official romanizations Ludger Will Kresnik and Elle Mel Mata.

WEBSITE OPEN:

The official website is now open! From now on, most news from scans will also be ending up on the official website. Not much new info is available yet, but the return of TP and AC is confirmed. Also, Lulu is confirmed to be male.

We have three new videos, showcasing some of the scenario choices in gameplay.

Someone:

Pre-order details:
Price: 8,380yen (66.82 gbp, 104.99 usd) damn, I hope I can get it cheaper.
Preorder bonuses: a novel which covers the period between ToX and ToX2, as well as costume DLC, and a PS3 Custom Theme. Ludger Emil costume. Dualshock controller.

I see they're giving us plenty of preorder bonuses; Xillia 1 did that as well. Probably to make the game look better. :p

As you can tell, the choice system doesn't really make a difference. There is only one ending, so the system is just there to purely to pretend you are have choices. Frankly, I'm not surprised that the system turned out this way; there probably wasn't enough time to get multiple endings done. (60-75% done? I wonder what they have left.)

And yes, this game was started during X1's development meaning they rushed out X1, so they could finish X2.... Yeah, I don't know how that works either.

There has already been some negativity expressed by a few members on the forum; mostly that the game is a rehash of Xillia 1 (ala DoNTW) and doesn't deserve it's Mothership title and/or is just a crappy game. It and the arguments against spans quite a few pages.

There has also been talk about Ludger being a silent protag which seems odd. I wonder why they're bothering with making him one... What point would that have?

And 3 of the old characters from X1 have been shown and they are returning; they are most likely playable which solves the party problem. With the girl not being playable and all.

MonkeyX

I've been playing Vesperia this week and thoroughly enjoying it. Yuri is amazing, and having only played Abyss and Symphonia before it, the voice acted skits are freakin awesome. I'm just sad that this will be my last Tales game for a long time, unless I get a PS3 just for Graces f, and I might have to.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I've been playing Vesperia this week and thoroughly enjoying it. Yuri is amazing, and having only played Abyss and Symphonia before it, the voice acted skits are freakin awesome. I'm just sad that this will be my last Tales game for a long time, unless I get a PS3 just for Graces f, and I might have to.

Get a PSP, that gives you access to a ton of them once you put custom firmware on it.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Finally got back into Tales of the Abyss.

How far in is the snow city place or whatever? Because I got a sudden increase in Exp. points from mid 200's-mid 300's in Daath when I rescued Natalia and Ion, to mid 700's-1000's around the snow city. Did I miss something, or is that normal?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

How far in is the snow city place or whatever? Because I got a sudden increase in Exp. points from mid 200's-mid 300's in Daath when I rescued Natalia and Ion, to mid 700's-1000's around the snow city. Did I miss something, or is that normal?

I was never paying attention to Exp, but I don't think you could have missed anything, so I'm sure that's normal.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Okay, just finished ToS2 with the good ending. Not too bad. The only cons that feel the game really had were:

-Lack of World Map
-Kinda cheesey story
-Monster raising
-Little sidequest

Some other thing that slightly annoyed me were the fact that all of Emils' moves are learned by level up. Normally that sounds like a good thing but after spending quite a bit of time getting extra moves in Abyss and Vesperia, I wish that gave a little more.

As for pros

-Voice acting
-Richter
-Emil's move/skill set(More fun than using Judith)

There are a few more but I'm to tired to list them. I probably won't replay this game till the Wii U is released but none of the cons completely ruined the experience for me. Can see where the game is lacking but it's still a fun title to play. I don't care about the gimped ToS cast because I haven't played the first game but Zelos, Genis and Lloyd's arte set makes me wanna play ToS more.
s

sceptile33

If I wanted to play ToS as well as DotNW, which one should I start playing first? I mean, chronologically, it would make more sense too play Symphonia first, but I wouldn't want to play Symphonia and then be dissapointed by DotNW.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
^ ToS for order. DotNW if you don't want to be disappointed, I suppose. DotNW would have spoilers, though, since it comes after ToS.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
If you really wanna play both, I'd say play Symphonia first. That way you can have the best experience for the better game. Rather than a better experience for the worse game.

MonkeyX

I'm totally stuck on Vesperia.

Is it just me or is Alexei one of the most obnoxious Tales bosses (out of Abyss, Symphonia, and Vesperia) ever?

I hate how he keeps using his mystic art, whenever I come close to beating him he uses it and I can't heal fast enough before I lose.

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

That's normal. Though it took me a minute to think of which
Ion rescue you were talking about because you have to rescue that idiot at least half a dozen times throughout the game.