• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tales of Vesperia PS3 Discussion

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
That doesn't really prove anything seeing as the player is Nore139.

And THIS video proves that OVL 4 was already cheap enough.

Cobalt_Latios

That doesn't really prove anything seeing as the player is Nore139.

And THIS video proves that OVL 4 was already cheap enough.
That is actually done with a method that allows the user to "chain" combos in such a fashion that it can be repeatedly done, over, and over again. That's how he does it. I posted the link to the tutorial on the last page, and it demonstrates that you select certain skills in order to achieve the infinite combo Yuri.

Also, I just noticed that for Yuri's attacks, it involves a lot of blade spinning.

Surprised no one mentioned that there's a similar method with Judith for the 100 man melee.

<C_L>

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
That's the point: Tales of Vesperia's battle system is absolutely broken.

Also, watching the Spiral Draco video to completion, I notice all he really did was just keep himself in OVL 4.

And the reason I'm pointing out the player is because Nore spends his free time powering up his character to max: Yuri wasn't even using his Fell Arm (he can't against Spiral anyway) and look how much damage he did.

The only other Tales game I have seen where it is possible to so easily infinite combo someone is ToS2.

Juggernaut_Nomad-Trooper

Flying Gym leader
I did not know Nore139 was so famous.

I'm surprised you know so much about ToV for the PS3. Are you a ToSF lurker?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
...what?

I just like Tales games.

And you didn't know Nore was famous? Seriously? This is the guy who took the time to break the 1 million mark on Tales of the Abyss by slowing comboing with Guy and Luke's FOF changes.

Hell, just look at his videos. He actually spent the time to boost Yuri to the point of doing an obscene amount of damage after slowly FS comboing to hell.

Lon

I honestly hope we get it.

Just got Disgaea 3 and my PS3, and I'm itching for another game, no matter how long it takes for it to get here. Besides that, I guess you could say I'm just a sucker for Tales games. Mind you I haven't actually beaten Legendia's Character Quest, Phantasia, Rebirth PSP, Innocence (it got lost somewhere...), or Hearts. I did beat Vesperia on 360, so playing through again could be a bit redundant, but the possibility of going through with many more alternate costumes, characters, artes, and such just sounds too good.

So yeah. Hopefully we get this port.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I wouldn't bet on it, considering America's track record with these kind of things.

Seriously, we've missed Destiny R, Destiny 2, Innocence, Hearts, Rebirth, Narikiri Dungeon 1-3, Radiant Mythology 2, Symphonia PS2, around 4 remakes of Tales of Phantasia and probably some more.

They really don't like us. Hell, even Europe got Eternia for the PSP.

The only ports we have ever gotten are... Phantasia for the GBA. Which sucked. Hard.

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!
I wouldn't bet on it, considering America's track record with these kind of things.

Seriously, we've missed Destiny R, Destiny 2, Innocence, Hearts, Rebirth, Narikiri Dungeon 1-3, Radiant Mythology 2, Symphonia PS2, around 4 remakes of Tales of Phantasia and probably some more.

The only ports we have ever gotten are... Phantasia for the GBA. Which sucked. Hard.

You know, Bandai Namco gave you people from the US MORE Tales of Games than we had. We only got Symphonia (which was the awesomest RPG on the gamecube and one of my top favourites), Phantasia (GBA... I never tried it, but o well.. it's a living), Eternia (I have no PSP, but I am glad that we got this game this time and you not... however I can see why we got it only, because the sales of Etern.. I mean; 'Destiny 2' had low sales), TotW: Radiant Mythology, Vesperia AND We get Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (I can't wait for it :D!!!, AND we get some extra features that are not in the US or Japan version. TotW ND3, I played that game as 'import' and I really liked it (reason why it didn't came is that the producer of the TotW games never wanted to ship the games to other countries, until TotW RM1 ofcourse).

We don't get the DS games because (I talked with some people from Namco Bandai a week ago and they said):
1. Translation is not cheap. It is expensive.
2. The DS Industry is ruining apart. Thanks to the Flashcarts, great JRPGs on the DS won't come to the US or Europe because of fear they (the Publishers) won't get any money from the sales.
3. Namco Bandai thinks that there is a small demographic in US and Europe that are anticipated for more JRPGs. SEGA, Konami, Squeenix and Nin10Doh might bring us great JRPGs to US or the Europe. Some Publishers don't really like to try any risks.

RM2 might not come because of (maybe) low sales on RM1 and because PSPs can get pirated easily. But maybe RM2 will come back because of the PSP Go, who knows. Despite the great sales of Destiny 2 in Japan, they didn't sell it (maybe because of Destiny 1 and Eternia's sales). Neither did they do with Symphonia PS2 (it was made purely because Japan didn't buy much of it, while people from Europe and USA buyed more of the game)
Phantasia didn't sell great on SNES and PSX, and Namco saw a "larger demographic for the GBA port" because of the GBA (that sold a lot of units).
Innoncense, Hearts (Hearts is a really great game!), Tempest (the black sheep of Tales of... more of a black sheep than Legendia was)... they didn't sold much I guess.
I guess Phantasia GBA's low sales in the US and EU resulted in Japan-Only PSP Phantasia (which is a very big let down).
I think that Vesperia PS3 and Graces will (I might fear) only come to USA and Europe, If Vesperia Xbox360 and Symphonia 2 will sell a lot. But the PS3 is region-free so the die-hard tales fans can still import it and play it on the PS3 without having to use any "illegal" stuff.
Graces on the other hand got trademarked in Europe (in USA ofcourse: Innoncense... and after 2 years it is still not in USA). Symphonia 2 was ofcourse a low budget Wii RPG game that has a lot of great potential, but it didn't executed as well as people hoped, as for Symphonia 2 being the sequel of the best selling Tales of Symphonia games (GC + PS2).
Maybe Bandai Namco realised that and swore people that Graces would be BETTER developed and executed than its older Wii game brother. Thus saying that Namco Bandai is trying to make its chance with Graces and maybe Graces will come to Europe (and the USA).
But I have the feeling that Tales of Games on Consoles than handhelds have higher hopes and chances to come to US/EU. Thus saying that we just have to import the rest of the games, If we really want to. Or wait for Namco Bandai to make an official international remake or re-release of certain games (Abyss, Phantasia, Hearts, Innoncense and Narikiri). Or we can wait till we find on websites 'Fan Translations'... I don't know if FTs are legal, but If not; I will be willing to delete my last few lines if I have to.

Lon

Destiny R, Destiny 2, Innocence, Hearts, Rebirth, Narikiri Dungeon 1-3, Radiant Mythology 2, Symphonia PS2,

I know. It is still nice to be hopeful though. :p

The two Destiny games and Rebirth had something to do with Sony's policy about 2D games, or something. Not sure about the DS ones, but I believe the Narikiri games were said to be because we didn't get all the games that had characters in them. RM 2 is probably because RM 1 wasn't well received, and I assume Symphonia PS2 would have to have been redone because Nintendo was responsible for the translation of the GC one.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I dunno, it might end up like Tales of Symphonia for the PS2. I do not want that to happen but I have that feeling in my blood.

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!
I know. It is still nice to be hopeful though. :p

The two Destiny games and Rebirth had something to do with Sony's policy about 2D games, or something. Not sure about the DS ones, but I believe the Narikiri games were said to be because we didn't get all the games that had characters in them. RM 2 is probably because RM 1 wasn't well received, and I assume Symphonia PS2 would have to have been redone because Nintendo was responsible for the translation of the GC one.

What the H, is wrong with Sony about 2D games? What is the policy about it. I mean, 2D games are awesome. What is their problem with 2D Games?
Narikiri didn't came to USA because they don't know all the characters and stuff? Heck yeah, In Europe (also in the Netherlands) we get BLEACH games from SEGA, and we don't have BLEACH on television. So yeah, anyway in Narikiri games they somehow introduce all the characters to you. RM1 not well received? I could understand that, it has not everybody's favourable Tales characters.

I dunno, it might end up like Tales of Symphonia for the PS2. I do not want that to happen but I have that feeling in my blood.

I can understand that... But maybe, time has changed. Anyway, I don't know why the Tales games are sold very badly. I mean: they are cheerful, Anime, cool, funny, full with humourous sexual innuendo and they have no TOO sad drama stuff all the time like you would expect from JRPGs (I am blaming the standard JRPGs and Final Fantasy... *why do I get the feeling that a bunch of FF Fanatics will argue with me with that*.. thanks to those games and their designs; people get the wrong ideas). I don't know why Namco Bandai has sold less with its games. I hope Bandai Namco would let us get Vesperia for PS3... atleast for USA. Because even European English speaking people can play it (import and region-unblocked ;)! ).

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
You know, Bandai Namco gave you people from the US MORE Tales of Games than we had.

My point was that normally, it goes in this order for Japanese game international release:

1) America
2) Europe
3) Everywhere else.

What this means is that if America is skipped most of the time, it's very unlikely Europe or everywhere else will get anything. I mean, Tales of Eternia PSP was an exception, but only that.

And yes, Sony of America has a no 2D policy. A lot of people find it stupid, especially for the PSP.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I loved Tales of Vesperia and thought it was a great game. I own it for the 360 and wouldn't mind playing threw it again for the PS3 if it gets a port.

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!
My point was that normally, it goes in this order for Japanese game international release:

1) America
2) Europe
3) Everywhere else.

What this means is that if America is skipped most of the time, it's very unlikely Europe or everywhere else will get anything. I mean, Tales of Eternia PSP was an exception, but only that.

And yes, Sony of America has a no 2D policy. A lot of people find it stupid, especially for the PSP.

I agree... But I am damned and sometimes irritated by the fact that people in the USA get the games and stuff. With the DS or GBA I have no problem. I 'import' it. But with the Wii or the Gamecube or the PS2, I would be damn irritated because of the Region-Block. Why is there a region-block? I thought the game industry loved its Import Gamers.
But I can understand why the USA gets the games first. It has a larger demographic, while in Europe the demographic goes more to West-Europe and you have to translate it into other languages with I really don't like (I am Dutch, so I am playing English games and not in Dutch or something).

I still don't understand the 2D Policy from Sony America... Wait? Aren't there 2D Games on the PS2 and PS3, like; MegaMan, Street Fighter, Blazblue and stuff?
Anyway, I don't see any problem with 2D games. Because there are not a lot of 2D games on the market, diehard 2D Game lovers would buy it; and those people are a lot.
But yeah, that policy also had some influence on other consoles. I mean, without the policy; we had no Muramasa on the Wii. But still... I don't like the policy.

Juggernaut_Nomad-Trooper

Flying Gym leader
Bamco is really stupid when they look at their sales, and think that people just aren't interested in Tales games.
I say this because Bamco has never heard of a little thing called "marketing", at least outside of the east. When was the last time you have seen an add for a Tales game?
I found out about ToV by going through the library on the Xbox dashboard. If not for that I would have never even known about it! (well I might know now, after reading about it in this thread 1 year later >_<)

What I meant by "TosF" was, Tales of series forum.

And no, I did not know that Nore was famous. I only knew about him from watching some of his ToV PS3 streams.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I still don't understand the 2D Policy from Sony America... Wait? Aren't there 2D Games on the PS2 and PS3, like; MegaMan, Street Fighter, Blazblue and stuff?
Anyway, I don't see any problem with 2D games. Because there are not a lot of 2D games on the market, diehard 2D Game lovers would buy it; and those people are a lot.
But yeah, that policy also had some influence on other consoles. I mean, without the policy; we had no Muramasa on the Wii. But still... I don't like the policy.

Actually, most of those games are 2.5 D, a combination.

In fact, Megaman X4 was almost forced to be scrapped when Sony didn't want to release it on the PS. It was only when Capcom held one of their other games on ransom did Sony give in. And then X4 was released, sold a lot, so they cleared Megaman.

However, I hear that Sony might be changing the 2d policy.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Bamco is really stupid when they look at their sales, and think that people just aren't interested in Tales games.
I say this because Bamco has never heard of a little thing called "marketing", at least outside of the east. When was the last time you have seen an add for a Tales game?
I found out about ToV by going through the library on the Xbox dashboard. If not for that I would have never even known about it! (well I might know now, after reading about it in this thread 1 year later >_<)

What I meant by "TosF" was, Tales of series forum.

And no, I did not know that Nore was famous. I only knew about him from watching some of his ToV PS3 streams.

Agreed, you only see them advertised on a few gaming sites and gaming magazines.

Seiryu

Resident dragon

And hey, remember Abyss's totally awesome release? I mean, do you have any idea what kind of a fool it would take to release a JRPG with no advertising, at almost the same time as the most highly anticipated RPG of the last half a dozen years--o wate

And folks on some forums I lurk at are worried that Graces might not receive a stateside release on account of being more affiliated with Team Destiny rather than Team Symphonia, or some such. Their games don't exactly have a good international release record; the last Team Destiny game we got was...Eternia. Yep, close to ten years ago.
Hell, even if Graces is released here, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to then learn that it's yet another beta-test for a PS3 version. :|

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!
Actually, most of those games are 2.5 D, a combination.

In fact, Megaman X4 was almost forced to be scrapped when Sony didn't want to release it on the PS. It was only when Capcom held one of their other games on ransom did Sony give in. And then X4 was released, sold a lot, so they cleared Megaman.

However, I hear that Sony might be changing the 2d policy.

But what about Sony Europe. Do they have a 2D Policy?
But I don't know what the point is of no more 2D Games. I mean, why only 3D Games? Games must never have a limit in content, only if it contains Mature content that is sooo controversial and more traumatizing in real life than Murder.
Yeah, I've read that on Internet: No MegaMan X4 to USA means no high anticipated Resident Evil 2 to USA. 2.5D games are quiet nice and stuff :).
But what about Disgaea and Phantom Brave?
I am glad they will change the policy.

Back to Vesperia:
I am glad it is on the PS3. I hope it might come over to the States and the EU, because I get a PS3 next year christmas... soo, Tales of Vesperia would be a nice game for the Sony JRPGs. But I don't like that Patty girl... Dunno why... her attitude and style looks very plain standard and childish. I don't like the idea to have a little girl in a pirate costume fighting with us. But atleast I hope that she will fit into the story line and that she has some influence.

And hey, remember Abyss's totally awesome release? I mean, do you have any idea what kind of a fool it would take to release a JRPG with no advertising, at almost the same time as the most highly anticipated RPG of the last half a dozen years--o wate

And folks on some forums I lurk at are worried that Graces might not receive a stateside release on account of being more affiliated with Team Destiny rather than Team Symphonia, or some such. Their games don't exactly have a good international release record; the last Team Destiny game we got was...Eternia. Yep, close to ten years ago.
Hell, even if Graces is released here, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to then learn that it's yet another beta-test for a PS3 version. :|

I won't mind if Graces was on the Wii as a beta-test. As long the game is nice and awesome with story and gameplay, I am happy enough it came to the Wii and Europe. Oh no, not Team Destiny right? Darn it, let's hope that this time Graces will come to USA and Europe. I mean, all the other games of Team Destiny ARE 2D games and Bandai Namco thinks that we are not waiting for JRPGs with 2D Battle System or/and Graphics. So, they won't like to 'risk' anything. Tales of Graces is a 3D RPG like Symphonia and Vesperia. And what I know Is that every Mothership Tales of 3D Game has come over to the States and some to Europe. Because EU has now Namco Bandai Holdings, we have more chance like you to get the games. I hope and I think that we will get Graces.
Vesperia? I don't know. If the sales aren't high in US or/and EU, what's the point the bring the PS3 version to States and Europe (there are more Xbox360's than PS3's in Households, with means that the PS3 has a small demographic group that would like to buy the games).
But yeah, NamDai doesn't advertise its games. I dunno why, they have the money. They are very financial (???). If people don't advertise its games, than they will eventually end up like good or bad games that are forgotten like the first JRPG (Black Onyx) and the Draglade games. I mean, even Platinum Games did a lot of commercial stuff to let Bayonetta to be known for many gamers.

Last edited:

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
They also put in a boss that actually looks really hard to beat. Spiral Draco seems like a good optional boss to add.