• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Talkin' Bout An Evolution! (237)

I noticed a couple errors in this episode right off the bat. First, the narrator says that Ash is going to earn his final badge at the Mahogany Gym. Second, Ash then says that he can't wait to earn his sixth badge and enter the Johto League.

I was trying to remember which of these episodes I just watched was the one with this error. Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. :)

Really cool to see Lance appear.
You know, I thought his voice would have been deeper than it was. I guess I always thought he was a bit older than he appeared, thus me thinking his voice should have been deeper.

Also neat that they incorporated the Red Gyarados in the show. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was interesting seeing Pikachu, Togepi and several wild Pokemon falling ill here due to Team Rocket's experiments. I liked how the Team Rocket trio got trapped when they snuck into the HQ, and seeing the Persian statues from the games was cool. Lance snatching a TR member's uniform and going undercover was pretty cool as well.

JudySpell

Banned
The Red Gyarados lived up to its name and I was glad to see Lance arrive even though he wasn't as awesome as the one in Pokemon Adventures. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I loved seeing the Red Gyarados in the show and I felt really bad for it due to Team Rocket's experiments. Lance introducing himself was neat as well and I liked when Jessie and James sneaked into the hidden base.

Funny how Jessie, James, and Meowth didn't know that the secret base led by Tyson was part of Team Rocket. The Red Gyarados was too scary.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Eh, it was nice seeing Lance make his first anime appearance in the series as well as the Red Gyarados, although not our first Shiny in the series it is still impressive to see it animated.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
They only did that to find food. Had they been smarter, they would've known that the building was part of TR's organization, so they wouldn't have to sneak inside.

In their defense they rarely kept up to date with what other Team Rocket members were scheming during Johto, so I can understand why they didn't know that Tyson and professor Sebastian were working for Giovanni. ^^

ZilverLox

Banned
So it was stated that Lance was a member of the "Pokemon G-Men," but they never really come out and say that he's a member of the Elite Four. I was really expecting Misty to be greatly fascinated with the Shiny Gyarados by the way and overcome her fear of them, but unfortunately, she didn't. And am I the only one who's mad that we didn't see the TR Executives from GSC here?

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was odd how Satoshi and his friends reached the Lake of Rage by bypassing Chouji Town completely, but I liked how quickly the Red Gyarados plot was set up. Wataru's introduction itself was quite amazing as well, but I felt that Tatsumi and Shiranui-hakase were too generic, even for Rocket-dan members.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
And am I the only one who's mad that we didn't see the TR Executives from GSC here?

I liked Tyson and Dr. Sebastian, but I do wish that we had seen the Team Rocket executives from the games here. I think it would've been great if they had been behind the Red Gyarados scheme, but then again maybe not much would've changed.

Poor Red Gyarados. He seemed in so much pain here. One thing I didn't like was how Lance introduced himself as part of the G-Men or whatever, but didn't even mention the Elite Four.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wish that Wataru's introduction here had been proceeded by him actually explaining what the Four Heavenly Kings did, and perhaps we could've seen them in silhouette form.

Daizy

I call you honey
So this episode is us learning bits of what Team Rocket is doing with radio waves, Ash meeting Lance, and having our heroes decide to fight back. Basically nothing has happened to keep up suspense, just that there's a Red Gyarados and Lance is here.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Basically nothing has happened to keep up suspense, just that there's a Red Gyarados and Lance is here.

The fact that a Red Gyarados existed and that we saw Wataru getting involved was the suspenseful part, however. Especially the latter since the Red Gyarados experiment must've been a pretty big deal for the regional Champion to actually get involved in infiltrating the Rocket-dan.

Nice to see Lance and the Shiny Gyarados.