• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Talkin' Bout An Evolution! (237)

Champion Jared 14

I was really expecting Misty to be greatly fascinated with the red shiny gyarados, and overcome here fear of them, and for HER to be the one to engage in a fierce battle with it, and capture it, but unfortunately, she didn't. I thought that would've made a nice plot twist. Oh well, at least she later conqured her fear of them, and she has a gyarados to call her own now. Nice appearance for Lance too.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought that the red Gyrados was awesome. It is the second shiny pokemon we have seen so far in the series (if you don't count the Butterfree or Kecleon who weren't actually shiny). I thought it was really neat that we got to see Lance too. I feel bad for all of the Pokemon who are being affected by Team Rocket's radio waves. They shouldn't be forced to evolve.

I noticed a couple errors in this episode right off the bat. First, the narrator says that Ash is going to earn his final badge at the Mahogany Gym. Second, Ash then says that he can't wait to earn his sixth badge and enter the Johto League.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It was great to see another shiny pokemon - this time a shiny gyarados.

Lance was cool, i loved to see an E4 again.

8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So glad they decided to show the Red Gyarados. I was worried they'd skip this episode in the US. It was kinda violent.

Anyway, I like how they turned this into something sort of like the Team Aqua/Magma/Galatic finale. Only with the leader getting away (he wasn't directly involved).

Lance appears to save the day, though I don't like the anime version. 7/10

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing a Shiney Red Gyrados for the 1st time. Lance is really cool. Pokemon G-man is a very cool thing that Lance is called in this episode. Sebastian is a very cool villan in these plot episodes.

40/100

TheEpicGoomba

This was a very cool episode. It was cool seeing another shiny Pokemon and for it to be a Gyarados. Especially to be caught by Lance.

7/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I liked this episode, when I first saw this I was really hoping Ash would get Gyarados.

It was cool to see Team Rocket members, that arn't the trio or Butch and Cassidy.

TheMightyKarp

Lance was absolutely awesome in this episode. Dragonite FTW!

It was nice to see Lance appear for the first time! Also cool to see the Red Gyarados. It was nice to see Ash come back to the Lake of Rage, it shows how much he cares about Pokemon.

When Lance stole a Team Rocket grunt's clothes, he undressed that guy. My sister and I immediately thought about the South Park episode in which Mr. Garrison came out of the closet, in which he said "It was just to compare sizes!" Mr. Garrison's gay side said "For seven minutes?"

That joke made this episode even more memorable. So no 9/10 (which I would have given this episode if my sister and I didn't make a reference to the South Park episode), but 10/10.

7threst

This episode was really interesting and I absolutely loved the whole plot of this episode. Team Rocket's role was awesome in this episode and it was also nice to see Lance undercover too. I even go as far to say this Team Rocket arc was better than the other arc during the Whirl Islands. It was just in many ways more different and unpredictable.

Blessed

A good episode, it was so nice to see Lance make his debut as well as the Red Gyarados. Professor Sebastian was really sinister and I really liked the voice Eric Staurt did for him. Interesting to see a bad ending at the end of the episode.

It was a good episode. It's Lance's debut. His Dragonite is really cool. I liked how the gang knew of him already. Adding to that, I wonder why they didn't give us a fantasy of the G-Men?

Zamin

I really liked the episode and the link to the games with the Red Gyarados and the waves and everything. I can't wait to see how the saga unfolds!

NPT

Just a member
After two boring filler episodes in a row, it's about time we got an eventfull two-parter. It's cool to see Lance of Elite 4, seeing more members of Team Rocket was cool as well. Prof. Sebastian was really sinister.

This episode reminded me of the similar plot from the GSC games, where Team Rocket sends out a weird signal that forces the Magikarp to evolve into Gyarados. Not only the signal affects Gyarados, but the other Pokémon too! It's nice to see the anime writers bringing the major events from the games into the anime.

I felt sorry for the Red Gyarados, it's sad to the Pokémon being a victim of Team Rocket's "Project R".
I liked how Ash came back to the Lake of Rage for helping the Red Gyarados, who was in a lot of pain due to the side-effects of the strange signal. Despite Ash's attempts to save the Red Gyarados from Team Rocket, they managed to capture it and this episode ended with a cliffhanger!

Overall, this was a pretty good episode.....I liked how it showed some elements from the GSC games.

zhixun

Great episode and good to see the red Gyarados. I like Wataru as a character because he was also an undercover. Musashi and Kojiro were better than usual in my opinion. At least they can try something which is more interesting than stealing Pikachu. Finally the red Gyarados existence was well explained.

Last edited: