• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Talking A Good Game! (446)

JazzJazz

Pokemon Fan said:
And really, Heracross's loss shouldn't be compared to Tauros.' Heracross battled evenly with Venusaur for some time, inflicting tons of damage. Venusaur just inflicted more.

It's a bit sad that tauros will get its chance to redeem itself, but heracross has returned to Oak's with the bitter taste of defeat still lingering...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
...Anabel? ...Telepath? ...She just instantly shot up to the #2 slot in my fav. anime girls list, right behind Kaede (Sorry Kanata, you're now #3, but I still love you too). The fact that she whooped Ash in a 3 vs. 3 match only using 2 Pokemon makes it all the better. Can't wait to see this episode in action. I'll add further comments then.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Kojiro said:
Oh btw, iirc, Ash didn't realize she was a girl till she told him. LOL.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Either Ash is dense or the writers love playing a cruel joke on Anabel's character.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
But then, neither did May, Max, or Brock it seems, and doesn't Brock have the power of Gender distiguation?

Anabel also said "Boku" which usually only boys use.

V Faction

www.faction.com
"You can speak telepathically to animals?!"

*group gasp*

"You're a boy?!"

*group gasp*

"You're the Battle Frontier Brain?!"

*group gasp*

...Man does that get old

Anabel? More like Dr. Dolittle.

Pikachu

NW Tourney Winner
This episode it's the best episode ever!! Why?:

-Anabel (the best frontier brain, IMO) gets to wipe the floor with Ash and beat him like some trainer in the GBA Battlke Frontier who uses NU circuit/underevolved pokemon (like Paras and Flaaffy, no offence)

-Scott smiling when Ash loses..... That Scott is so cool.

-Tauros and Corphish get defeated rather easily by Alakazam. And how often do you see a Alakazam defeat a Tauros, Not too likely in NB.

-Pikachu was the only victorious pokemon in Ash's side. Makes me happy because Pikachu is my favorite main character in the anime.

-Even though Pikachu loses to it, Metagross gets some retribution from the last battle against Pikachu (the pokemon in general).

-We get to see Anabel's house in this episode.

-Anabel is always in sync with her pokemon, not to mention she is psychic.

Even though Ash wins the next match, I'm still looking foward to it. The next episode will be very promising. Espeon v.s. Pikachu, Anabel, Espeon, so much to look foward to.

S.Suikun

All right, seen the episode. Ya know, Ash may have lost some matches here and there, but this is truly the first time since the Sabrina match that he completely got the floor wiped off him (unless you count the Drake match, which was more of a "for fun" battle). Not only did Anabel not even need the full 3 Pokemon, but Metagross hardly even had to do anything, as Pikachu was so weak from battling Alakazam. The reason this battle is so tough for him is that Anabel commands her Pokemon telepathically instead of shouting themn, so Ash never knows what to expect. I'm surprised Ash wasn't sent flying through the wall with the force of the Volt Tackle. The animation may have been craptacular, but the music was fantastic. Lots of stuff pulled from Movie 7, and no obnoxious vocals, either. Meteor Mash looked WAY different than the one Tyson's Metagross used, though.

Last edited:

Kabuto

little punks!
Everything to everyone is shipping >_>. Shipping is absolutely pointless in about every way possible. Anyway, Ash is proven to be miraculously smart before but now a stupid kid who charged into Anabels attacks. Good job writers >_>.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
I didnt like this episode too much. If you take away the telepathy from Anabel she's any other generic anime character personality wise and her looks dont exactly make up for her somewhat bland personality. The battle was ok I guess Ash needs to have a loss somewhere. Was I the only one who didnt even notice Scott until at the end when Ash lost. I was looking through and then I some him at the end and I never noticed him before. At least we will see something different by having Ash lose. So far my two fav. facilities have been palace and pike. Palace was because they made Lucy into an awesome character and the Brock & Lucy shipping was good. Spencer had the most amazing battle and most original out of all of them. Anyway the progression of the episode was really sluggish maybe thats why I didnt like it.

S.Suikun

seizureman said:
Everything to everyone is shipping >_>. Shipping is absolutely pointless in about every way possible. Anyway, Ash is proven to be miraculously smart before but now a stupid kid who charged into Anabels attacks. Good job writers >_>.
Agreed with the first point. Let's kill Towershipping before it truly gets started.
The reason Ash charged his attacks was because he had no idea what the hell Anabel was attacking with, since she ordered all her attacks telepathically. He had no idea what to expect.

B

Blaziken master

S.Suikun said:
All right, seen the episode. Ya know, Ash may have lost some matches here and there, but this is truly the first time since the Sabrina match that he completely got the floor wiped off him (unless you count the Drake match, which was more of a "for fun" battle). Not only did Anabel not even need the full 3 Pokemon, but Metagross hardly even had to do anything, as Pikachu was so weak from battling Alakazam. The reason this battle is so tough for him is that Anabel commands her Pokemon telepathically instead of shouting themn, so Ash never knows what to expect. I'm surprised Ash wasn't sent flying through the wall with the force of the Volt Tackle. The animation may have been craptacular, but the music was fantastic. Lots of stuff pulled from Movie 7, and no obnoxious vocals, either. Meteor Mash looked WAY different than the one Tyson's Metagross used, though.

Yeah it had a star shaped design to it this time
Anyhow the fights were okay, it was good to see pikachu get owned and by a pokemon it beat before.Poor corphish and tauros.Hopefully both of them will get redemption

JazzJazz

seizureman said:
Everything to everyone is shipping >_>. Shipping is absolutely pointless in about every way possible.

I wholeheartedly agree, it seems people like to jump on every possible character/pokemon pairing and call it shipping.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
daww, Ash and Anabel look kinda cute together. This ship needs a name, stat!

Already did. The ship of Anabel+Ash has been happily dubbed, by me, as PsychicShipping. Even more appropriate now that I know of Anabel's talent.

S.Suikun

Geodude said:
It's also called TowerShipping, as stated already. That seems more appropriate to me...PsychicShipping seems too general.
Actually, I just made that name up as I typed it. ._.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
They thought Anabel was a BOY?! Oh, the hilarity. I needed that...like, SERIOUSLY. If only they'd done that with Bugsy...

Judging from pictures, the episode actually looks pretty decent. The Beedrill Attack was incredibly overdramatized in the episode summary, as this was just one angry Beedrill and not a swarm.

The battle looked pretty good as well, as we haven't seen Ash get taken down a peg in a while. Though Alakazam and Metagross...guh. Seeing Tauros again makes me want to see more of it [which is a good thing as we are next episode]. I'll have to comment on it when I see it in motion.

One more thing though, the fact that Bubblebeam broke Team Rocket's net. WTF?
Yeah, that'd work...if the net was made out of soap >.> Razor Leaf, Leaf Blade, Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace; all those make sense. But Bubblebeam? That makes me 'lolwut?'

V Faction

www.faction.com
.Combusken. said:
One more thing though, the fact that Bubblebeam broke Team Rocket's net. WTF?
Yeah, that'd work...if the net was made out of soap >.> Razor Leaf, Leaf Blade, Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace; all those make sense. But Bubblebeam? That makes me 'lolwut?'
****, after all this time, ANYTHING can sever those blasted nets. Just like any attack can explode for no apparent reason on contact.