• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Talking A Good Game! (446)

Gravy said:
Actually, now that you mention it, I found it odd that Anabel didn't seem to make any comment on Meowth's ability to talk. Well, nobody ever seems to anyway, but with the way they emphasised her communication skills...
Bah, maybe the next episode will bring it up.
Oak, Gary and Tracey did comment on Meowth when they first heard it talk but then again they were all either doing it for research or just were in awe about it.

I'm glad Ash got totally owned by Anabel, its about time he lost and I mean lost badly. Sadly a Gardevior owning Ash would of been much more entertaining.

Pokemon Fan said:
That's not really an issue I think. Since pokemon can understand human speech a lot of the stuff you mentioned can be figured out by simply asking a Pokemon to show them.

And when it came to knowing various secrets, using telepathy may not be any better than asking, since a lot of these secrets are things the pokemon don't want humans to know (i.e. humans not being allowed at the Bulbasaur evolution festival) or only want certain humans to know. Telepathy may be helpful, but its no shortcut to understanding pokemon.
Just to add that Pokemon can be very protective, who says they would tell Anabel or any human for that matter. Like Gardevior and Kirlia were super protective, as well as those Jynx from the last episode (or episode before that?) if you get my drift they could use telepathy to talk to Pokemon and discover new facts but their is nothing solid to say they will actually tell them, or for that matter they could lie.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Torky Stu said:
Oak, Gary and Tracey did comment on Meowth when they first heard it talk but then again they were all either doing it for research or just were in awe about it.
There were actually a few people back in Kanto who noticed Nyasu's odd talent, but apperently after a while the writers didn't feel the need to go over it again every time they were around someone new.

skarmachild

Cheer up.
I have a real personal disliking for Umbreon + Espeon. They are being far too overused and extremely boring in appearence. Gardevoir is beautiful and powerful, unlike Espeon. (Opinion)

Kabuto

little punks!
Wow, Ash mistaked Anabel for a boy? Funniest thing since Ash thought Mr. Goodshow was Santa Claus. Anyway, glad Metagross took the win and not Alakazam. Still Ash's Pikachu already beat a Metagross and now it loses to one. I hate when the writers do this. I know Anabel's has more experience but still.

Last edited:

Geodude

seizureman said:
Anyway, glad Metagross took the win and not Alakazam. Still Ash's Pikachu already beat a Metagross and now it loses to one. I hate when the writers do this. I know Anabel's has more experience but still.
And you're completely ignoring the obvious fact that Pikachu was already exhausted from battling Alakazam why exactly?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yamato-san said:
I think Takeshi wouldn't be able to distinguish since Lila seems to be pretty young (the guy's not into jailbait, as evidenced by Haruka and Kasumi travelling around with them).

He did see that Imite was a girl when no one else did.

KuwabaraTheMan

Thunder Trainer
Wow, I was suprised when they all were shocked she was a girl.

Nice to see Satoshi get humilated every once in awhile. Kentaurous will get his revenge next week, so I don't mind him and Heigani getting beat.

HoennMaster

I'm glad she is using Espeon because I love Espeon but still Gardevoir has gotten barely any air time! It was like what 2 minutes total in Do I Hear a Ralts?

the legend master

ive heard of all the craptastic abilityshipping in this episode.
i hate that pairing. is it true?

Geodude

Of course not, but there's certainly enough justification for a ship to be created.

I'm interested to see how they'll handle the "gender surprise" in the dub. I could be wrong, but IIRC, they already knew Lila's name in the original before realizing she was female, but the English name Anabel is obviously a female name. So if she says her name in the dub before the gang realizes she's actually a girl, it'll seem kind of odd. Hopefully they tweaked the dialogue if necessary so that she only says her name afterward.

the legend master

i really hate the pairing

the legend master

im a girl, suckers.
anyway, i was asking if i should wacth the episode.