• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Talking A Good Game! (446)

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
Well, I haven't seen this episode, but I just love watching Ash get a good thrashing, it doesn't exactly have to be in Pokemon though >_>

Haha, just kidding, but seriously? What's next? With 4Kids, Anabel would've changed the gang into puppets and Ash would have to go to Purple Town to get a Duskull.

Can't Wait!

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
Uhh... 4Kids isn't dubbing the series anymore. The licencing inhouse has moved.

I have seen the Japanese version of this episode and I thoughed it was a good one. One thing I still hope for though. Anabell beter have a good dub voice just like all the other frontier brains.

Uhh... 4Kids isn't dubbing the series anymore. The licencing inhouse has moved.

I have seen the Japanese version of this episode and I thoughed it was a good one. One thing I still hope for though. Anabell beter have a good dub voice just like all the other frontier brains.

Which is probably why he said "would've". As in, would have if not for the fact that they don't dub it anymore.

Try to read next time.

You guys never cease to amuse me.

eonteam123456

Codenumber 242
I'd say Metagross was Anabel's coolest Pokemon.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
Regarding two posts up... I made a mistake when I read and forgot to relook it over. Oops...

Metagross

Does anyone else the new voices are retarded i want the old voices back.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
lol Brock said Touros weighs a ton... It doesn't even way 200 lbs.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
lol Brock said Touros weighs a ton... It doesn't even way 200 lbs.
Horray for not understanding figures of speech!

...I'm not the only one who knows people who sometimes refer to heavy things in general as weighing a ton, right? And come to think of it, many Pokemon's dex weights seem ridiculously low. You have this large, muscular bull and it hardly weighs more than a somewhat fat person? Come on.

I missed the first half of the ep, but that was still enough for me to say this:
-Yay for keeping the gender ambiguity!
-Eh at Anabel's voice. It didn't impress me at first, but it grows on you by the end of the episode.
-They kept in the thing with Anabel saying "my friend" before sending out a Pokemon. Nice.
-I'm STILL not used to the idea of saying Metagross as "Meta-GROHSS"(rhymes with "ew, liver is sooooo gross"), as opposed to Meta-GRAHSS(rhymes with...the "awes" in awesome, sort of. Best I could come up with, so you have to live with it!). Eh, not that it matters.
-The whole "Anabel only senses the FEELINGS of Pokemon, not talks to them" thing at first and her psychicly talking to them later thing is confusing. Sure they TRY to explain it by saying that her Pokemon feel or sense or whatever what she wants them to do, but come on. Just say she talks with Pokemon, it'd make everyone's life easier!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
"Talkin' a good game" surprised me, at least with Anabel's voice. I didn't expect her to sound like that. I see they tried to make her sound somewhat like a boy which is why the gang was shocked that she was a girl, but she did sound more feminine than notl.

This is the first Frontier Brain match that Ash actually loses. Corphish and Tauros were taken down rather quickly, and Pikachu was owned by Metagross. (has flashbacks of Pikachu Vs. Metagross in Hoenn league).

Nice battle, its been a while since Ash was totally creamed in a match.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Anabel seems pretty cool.

SucKa XD

what up broseph!
I thought this was an alright episode. Not the best but it wasn't too bad. It was also nice to see Ash use Tauros

Hikarii

Two i's, not one!
I had relatives over with their voices blaring in the background so I couldn't quite hear what Anabel said when everyone became surprised. Could someone pull the dialogue out for me? XDD

All I heard was Ash saying, "Why? Because May's here?"

rubyrulez

Beginning Trainer
I had relatives over with their voices blaring in the background so I couldn't quite hear what Anabel said when everyone became surprised. Could someone pull the dialogue out for me? XDD

She was telling everyone that she was a girl.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)

Ash was asking Anabel why she wouldn't remove her clothes in front of everybody. Pretty touchy for a kids' show.

I don't see why they were reluctant to use the word' telepathy" at all in this episode. "Sensing the feelings of Pokemon" sounds far more ambiguous.

Also, the music was partly what made the battle in the original. I was especially disappointed in the exclusion of the Movie 7 music, especially since they kept it for the Deoxys special (even if that was to purposely reference the Deoxys movie itself).

I'll discuss Anabel's voice in the VA thread.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I don't see why they were reluctant to use the word' telepathy" at all in this episode. "Sensing the feelings of Pokemon" sounds far more ambiguous.

Would Anabel not be considered an empath...not a telepath (is that a word)?

I'll discuss Anabel's voice in the VA thread.

As will I.

This served as a decent introduction for Anabel. Tauros was one of the Oak'ed Pokemon I least expected (along with teh Muk) to see. But I'm glad to see it. Beedrill kept is original voice again which was cool.