• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Talking A Good Game! (446)

Medea

Excalibur
*sigh*...Ash you dipsh_t!

Okay, pretty interesting episode overall. First off, I didn't really expect Anabel's voice to sound like that. But it was pretty good (guess I can try to work around this...um nothing). Anabel, even though I think she is a future homewrecker, she is an all around cool frontier brain. Every once and a while, I do enjoy seeing Ash lose in a gym/frontier battle and as far as I remember, the last one was to...Brawly? (I'm not including elite four members). But good battle, what a wipe out!

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. I kinda expected Anabel to have a more feminine voice compared to the one she has. It was cool to see Tauros again. I just kinda felt that Metagross had a bad new voice.

Scizor22

<< Rawr!!!
they make such a big deal in the end when he loses the narriator says "Is this the end of ash and his battleing?" He just lost ig woop. I am glad ash isnt like Yugi who never loses Ash actually loses some

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I live in NJ and none of the Battle Frontier Episodes have aired here. I do know that Brandon has the Regis and the legendary birds, or at least that is what the Serebii Anime guide says.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I did'nt watch Yu-Gi-Oh much but Yugi did lose some like in the second episode and against Kaiba towards the end of Duelist Kingdom. He also lost in the beginning of the season where he loses the egyptian god cards and has to duel for them. Remember how he loses to that guy's gaurdian cards?

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
He's probably confusing the game with the anime. Brandon fights you with Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres when you go for the Gold Bravery symbol.

Rapiido

That voice I think REALLY suited her. =D Why did they get so conufsed with her gender? o_O She's all purple with purple hair.. and eyelashes. XD

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Since there's no summary on the Serebii site, what did Jessie say throughout the whole episode?

BTW, how good was Anabel's dub voice?

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
=D Why did they get so conufsed with her gender? o_O She's all purple with purple hair.. and eyelashes. XD
Well, her hair's roughly the same shade as James's hair(and he's male, for those of you slow on the uptake), and her clothes are fairly unisex(guys are perfectly allowed to wear purple, as Drew demonstrates, and the design in general doesn't really point one way or the other...nor does that hairdo), and she doesn't really have a chest, and I doubt that typical "female" anime eyelashes would stick out that much to the characters, so...

wobbanut

Team Awesome
The twerps couldn't tell Anabel was a girl.... that was weird beyond belief. :eek: Yes, I can see how they'd be mistaken, but Anabel sounds like a girl if anything else. Her voice actor did a pretty good job. It's interesting to see that she could understand pokemon in a way, it reminded me of the guy from "The Poke-Spokesman". The battle between Anabel and Ash was something else too. Usually Ash when Ash gets beaten, both sides go through all their pokemon before the match ends, but Anabel didn't even get to her third pokemon before it ended. That was different.

Overall the episode was pretty good, but I'm looking forward more to part two next week. I can't wait for the part with Ash/Corphish/Tauros's freakout. :D

7/10 for me. At least Tuesday I'll get to see the Deoxys special finally.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
This was a great episode. As far as Anabel's voice goes, I left my thoughts about that where it belongs. Not major trouble though. It was nice to finally know what Anabel was saying to her pokemon with her telepathy (watched the Japanese version months earlier). What really knocked Ash down was that he became overconfident again, and he forgot to keep his cool. Didn't he learn not to do that from his battle with Drake of the elite four? As far as I'm concerned, Anabel really likes/loves trainers who are willing to go the extra mile to protect their pokemon from harm. Good for you! Now if only Jessie could learn that.

Geodude

I think they did a good job with Anabel. It was rather important to give her a voice that didn't immediately betray her gender, and that was done decently. But I do agree that the whole thing about how she "only senses the feelings of Pokemon" was a load of crap, because anyone could see that she was clearly talking to them telepathically. As others have already mentioned, I also liked how they even kept Anabel's "Go, my friend!" from the Japanese version.

All in all, a good episode. This is my favorite Battle Frontier stop for the sole reason of Anabel's unique ability, and how she and Ash interact.

Rashdan

[Insert Wacky Title]
Yup, I agree, Anabel sounded great. But I'm surprised Ash and the others didn't know she was a girl, until she told them. That seemed... very strange. It was obvious by her voice that she would be a girl. o_O

Can't wait for the next episode where Ash has his re-match :)

Knight_Ram

I was glad with the voice they gave Anabel! It was just right for her. It was proberbly the best voice I heard that was done with a new character since the new voice actors started. But other then that, I thought that this episode was a good one because it was about time Ash lost a match! And im glad it was to Anabel, especially because she had a metagross! And it would have been pretty impresive if pikachu won the match by beating all of Anabel's pokemon but it would have been a pretty quick and lame match too. So yeah 9/10 from me for this episode as it wasn't rushed and Ash finally lost to another metagross trainer.

Cobalt_Latios

This wasnt a bad episode, compared to Three Jynx and a Baby. I must say, I was not at all expecting Anabel's voice to sound like that. Maybe like a cross between Misty's voice and perhaps Lucy's voice(to give it a little bit of age), but otherwise it didnt bother me. Actually, it took me a while but i finally figured it out, Anabel's voice sounds strangely similar to Barbara's voice(Queen of the Serpentine). The only thing that i hate is how they couldnt admit that she was using Telepathy. It was blatantly obvious.

The funniest part was when Ash(or anyone else for that matter), realised that she was a girl. I have to admit, if you look hard enough for a while, she does look sort boyish, which might sorta explain it. Though i am sorta finding it repetitive how they do the, "meet-gym leader(frontier brain)-before-battle" thing.

I found Meowth's remark about the stupidity of humans to be pretty good.

edit: Im starting to suspect PUSA is starting to get lazy in using soundtracks from the movies(Heroes and Pikachu's Rescue Adventure). Though i could have temporarily sworn that some of the music in this episode had some from Pokemon 2000 at parts.

~C_L~

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
Why do the writers portray Ash as incredibly dense anyway?

Other than that, I liked Metagross's Iron Defense. Why can't the writers have Torkoal do that?

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
I just watched the episode and it wasn't too bad, although I couldn't understand anything that the ever stupid Team Rocket was saying throughout the ep.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I like the fact that despite being an obvious fan of Anabel, the only thing you could think of commenting on were the characters you seem to hate. Again.
And I've gotta say, that's pretty damn pathetic.