• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tapu HHehe

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Tapu HHehe

Hey all, not a big fan of makin RMT's too often, but I figured why not? This is a team I made and used for a recent Serebii tour and it worked pretty well! Also worked pretty well when I tested on ladder it so that also contributed to this RMT. It's pretty standard fare to be honest. When I made it, I wanted something to break through stall but also not be too weak to offense. It's meant to be played aggressively against offense since the holes it has can be quite a burden at times so I do apologize if those are a bit too apparent to. Let's get down to it! I wanted to start with a Lele+Gross offensive core. Since Lele is so good at sniping bulky steels with HP Fire that give Gross a hard time then work from there. This is a Smogon OU RMT if this isn't apparent!

~~~

latest

Tapu Lele @ Leftovers
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

So I started with CM Lele cause I like her and she's a potent stallbreaker with this set. However, instead of Taunt I went with HP Fire instead to immediately roast Scizor, Ferro, and Skarm to make way for the next team member! I chose Modest as the power output is very appreciated in 2HKO'ng certain walls such as Clefable. Lefties over TwistedSpoon because I really wanted some longevity in the face of rocks and smaller hits. Stall just has a very hard time answering Lele actually. All you really have to do is play smart and not let her get whittled in the face of hard stall.

8376-Mega-Metagross.png

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

So the HP Fire Lele/Gross core is super potent as Lele powers up Zen Headbutt so gross can go to town on most things and Lele can dispatch pesky steels. Their offensive capabilities are made very apparent when paired with each other, basically. Boltbeam was chosen as I didn't like how Celesteela could sit there on both of these Pokemon so I wanted a way to make her pay. Bullet Punch I was kind of considering over it to pick off certain mons but we'll get to that later. All in all, standardgross. They both do have a prob with Heatran though as neither can immediately threaten them so onto the next part of the team!

4062-Landorus-Therian.png

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Another mon to help break fat. SD+Rocks Lando! This spread was chosen to help take on physical hitters better such as Scizor-Mega and break them down should Lele not have been able to do the job whilst keeping the ability to threaten Sableye-Megas with an SD. Also good for Steela, Skarm, and Tangrowth with a crush so Metagross wont have to contend with their shenanigans. The speed outspeeds Timid Heatran. Every now and again I do think about changing the item to Yache though to help against Koko and opposing Gross matchups, but the Rockium-Z is extremely helpful in nuking the bulkier things that like to sit on Lando even with a +2 Stone Edge on deck. Other then that its a standard Lando!

latest

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 12 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt

The very neccesary defogger in Fini! Speed I creeped a bit so I can out-taunt slower Finis with the standard spread. I do miss out on a sp.def jump point but that hasn't bothered me too much. Her defensive capabilities are absolutely necessary as she does pair well with Lando in that regard and is my teams hard check to Greninja-Ash. Natures Madness keeps things low so my breakers can break them easily, Defog is neccesary so my team doesn't get whittled by spikes and whatnot and Taunt is so I can control the opps use of their own utility moves such as Defog. She's also the teams answer to Char-X alongside Lando. Her Misty Terrain also proves itself useful from time to time as well as detrimential. I'll get to that later.

latest

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

So I needed another mon to help apply immediate offensive pressure.
Specs Ash-Ninja fit that bill perfectly! Providing me with a speedy mon that has both cleaning potential and a wallbreaking potential as well. Everything here is pretty much standard fare, but I also liked the idea of Ice Beam since it murked Bulu, Zygarde, and Tangrowth and meant I didn't have to risk the not-KO against certain flyers be it by a low roll on Dark Pulses end or an unfortunate miss on Pumps. It's especially nice to lure in Bulu so Lando and Chomp aren't menaced by it. Ninja is especially helpful against offense as kills can be very easy to accomplish on them, turning Ninjas shuriken into a very real late game threat against them. Still though, I do need a bit more insurance against offense...

250px-445Garchomp.png

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide

So I needed another immediate check to certain things. Namely Volcarona as it slaughtered me. Here we have a decent check in Scarf chomp! Scarfchomps also another VERY saving grace against offense as well as it is what helps me get the jump on things like Koko and other slower scarfers. A great clean up option in Outrage keeps him very threatening once opposing fairies/steels have been done away with and the team does that very well, i'd say. You do have to play smart with Misty Terrain though as it can work against you in certain situations.

~~~

THREATS:

Koko
-
I have to play extremely aggressively against it. Part of the reason I want to run BP is to get rid of it once its in range. My gameplan is to keep it scared of using its electric STAB with my grounds around and weaken it so its in range of ninjas shuriken. Yeah, not a very solid gameplan, huh? Sometimes i'm lucky and Scarfchomp immediately dispatches it though! Lele+Gross can handle him to an extent as well but hate taking the damage, it's especially hard if they're volt-turning. Koko's just the most relevant fast electrics, though pretty much all give me some trouble Thundys especially

Gengar
-
It's hard not to be weak to this sometimes. Ninja can take shadow or two, but if its specs or behind a sub, it's scary..

Greninja-Protean
-
Kill it with scarf chomp or my own ninja. VERY THREATENING.

Megagross
-
Can't switch into it very well, obv. Another reason to run Yache on Lando. Also sometimes has me considering running EQ on Gross but it's very redundant.

~~~

Tapu Lele @ Leftovers
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 12 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide

~~~

REPLAYS:

Here's some odd replays from various accounts;

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-552117378

Pretty much showcasing the teams fastest way of dealing with Koko. If opps are keen to scarf chomp, it gets harder. One of the reasons I wanna pack Yache and BP.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-551941519

Against an odd offense. Thundy was annoying for a while as you can see.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-552122664

Protean Ninja was very scary this battle. Luckily scarf chomp pulled me from its wrath. As you can see, Growth loves to whittle Gross. Also tested Yache this battle! Worked well.

Gotta few more if you want, but a lot of these battles were in the mosa meta a week back. If anything, mosas also a threat to, but when isn't it?

Anywho, i'd love feedback! This is my first RMT in a while so pls no bully. I'll prolly do some weird edits now and again when I remember something. There may be some little intricacies I failed to cover, but I guess you could say this is just a sort of balanced offense? I'd like to think I made a team that corresponds well enough to what I set out to accomplish. If not, do ridicule me for it! Also I put two H's to annoy everyone that's why.​

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Shed Shell might not be a bad idea on Tapu Lele although I agree that the passive recovery does seem pretty nifty

I don't like Zen Headbutt on Metagross in this meta even with the Psychic Terrain boost
Psychic Terrain isn't around that much and Tapu Fini can cut it short
Zen Headbutt is nice for Rotom-W I suppose but that isn't all too common anymore
Oh and Buzzswole I suppose
I feel like Earthquake > Zen Headbutt would be more useful

Running Ferrothorn over Lando could help with the Tapu Koko/Metagross weakness though you would be giving up some wallbreaking ability/offensive pressure

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
If Fini comes into take away the terrain, im glad for it. She's the prime thing stopping ninja and chomp most of the time so getting damage on it with pretty much everything on my team is appreciated. I could try EQ over Zen though, thanks! Hammer Arm also comes to mind especially for opposing Ferro.

Yeah this terrain offensive core is pretty duggy weak. Part of the reason I go SD Lando is to scare out Sab on those duggy stalls so I can get rocks to break its sash.

As much as it would alleviate my Electric weakness, Ferro would really exacerbate my ground weakness if I chose it over Lando. :/

Gross changes are very much appreciated though! I can deff try those out!

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
May I suggest fire fang on garchomp to help with ferro. With out tapu lele to come in with hp fire or plus one lando your team has a semi hard time with it.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Each of my members has a method of hitting Ferro for decent enough damage so that it can't heal up too, too much unless it's some sick Protect/Seed variant. If that's what it is, Fini normally shuts those down and can Madness/Taunt it down and comes in on a predicted tect. Normally if Ferro gets out of hand, i'll just leave something in to suffer whilst keeping it low as well. A lot of my team may not have much in the way of SE coverage on Ferro, but they do have options to keep it low. I do think like Chomps coverage enough and its hard to leave a Dragon STAB to make way for a weak Fire Fang, especially when choice locked!

Also some new battles with the team! Made the change of EQ Gross. It ensured a mon this battle, so that's nice! Some weird birdspam, it seems? Medicham is in the meta now, but my team has work arounds. It begs me to make Lele Timid though to outpace Addychams, but Modest is so good against fat and stall. >.<
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-559183797

Speaking of stall, agressive play lead to a nice start, things get rocky in the mid. The threat of a +2 attack allowed me to get rocks up and chip away at his team. Modest showing its worth here so makin the Timid choice is again, hard.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-559184726

Last edited: