• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tari Tari

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
[img139]http://www.animekon.com/uploads/2012/03/Tari-Tari.jpg[/img139]​

Well, the summer season has kicked off! From P.A. Works comes Tari Tari, a beautiful anime that's giving me crazy Hanasaku Iroha vibes.

I'll start by saying that I'm watching this mostly because it looks gorgeous. I'm not really in it for a great story or stuff like that, the animation itself is enough to entertain me. That said, I'm kind of surprised that I enjoyed the first episode and the characters as much as I did. That foreigner guy is especially funny. And I was happily surprised that Miyamoto girl didn't have a squeaky generic voice but instead has Chihaya's voice from Chihayafuru. I'm serious, that alone will make this anime four times more enjoyable. That Sawa girl also has an unexpected voice. Going by her design I was expecting something more like Nako Oshimizu from Hanasaku Iroha. This anime looks like it takes place in the same universe as it, I swear.

Enough of me rambling, what do you people think of it so far?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
That animation is fabulous.

Reason enough to watch.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I'm so gonna watch this when I get back from my vacation with sucky internet.

...After I'm caught up with the 20 other shows I was watching from last season.

And the 20 other shows I'm adding from this season.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
You're adding 20 shows from this season? This season sucks, to be blunt.

Well, not much else to do during summer break. Except download the games I have waiting to be downloaded or practice for sports.

...None of which I can do on my vacation during a thunderstorm.

Plus, the season can't be too bad. It helps that I enjoy most shows I watch, so it's not that bad for me. For example, I only really hated Zetman from the last season, and that's because it was downright terrible.

Wee.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Plus, the season can't be too bad. It helps that I enjoy most shows I watch, so it's not that bad for me. For example, I only really hated Zetman from the last season, and that's because it was downright terrible.

Wee.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy most shows I watch too. I'm just disappointed that this season doesn't have as many standout titles as Spring did. After 4 episodes I dropped Zetman last season.

Hm. It seems like it might be decent. It also seems like the sort of thing that could get boring if it's not careful. Well, I was eventually very glad that I gave Hyouka its benefit of the doubt, and this certainly wasn't as dull as some of the early Hyouka episodes (although I should add that it doesn't show nearly as much potential as Hyouka did when it was still working things out). Still, for now I'm okay with looking at the pretty animation and amusing myself with trying to conceive of elabotate ways in which singing could have destroyed the token angsty one's life.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Don't get me wrong I enjoy most shows I watch too. I'm just disappointed that this season doesn't have as many standout titles as Spring did. After 4 episodes I dropped Zetman last season.

I don't really care about whether stuff stands out to me or not. If I think I'll like it, I should watch it. If that gives me 30 shows to watch a week, I'll watch them. And I usually do enjoy them. If my counting is right, I'm going to be watching 31 shows that are currently airing by the end of the month. Not including the 2 long running series that I'm planning on adding.

I stuck with Zetman the entire season, and it never really improved. Both of the love interests were poorly handled, for one.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I only just now noticed this last line in your first post, and I couldn't agree more. In fact I fully expect their choir club to go to Kissuiso for their onsen episode.

OH GOD. THAT WOULD BE.
THE BEST.

Hm. It seems like it might be decent. It also seems like the sort of thing that could get boring if it's not careful. Well, I was eventually very glad that I gave Hyouka its benefit of the doubt, and this certainly wasn't as dull as some of the early Hyouka episodes (although I should add that it doesn't show nearly as much potential as Hyouka did when it was still working things out). Still, for now I'm okay with looking at the pretty animation and amusing myself with trying to conceive of elabotate ways in which singing could have destroyed the token angsty one's life.

Am I the only one who didn't find the first episodes of Hyouka dull?

Wow, lots of stuff happening. This show moves at a much faster pace than I expected it to. The recital was made out to sound like the grand end-of-series goal but I guess not. I wonder what's going to happen from here on out.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I was very surprised with the pace as well. It almost feels like they squeezed the plot of most generic high school anime into two episodes.

I'm liking the characters, hopefully we get to see more of WIEN next episode. Both of his scenes were very funny. Also Sawa's a total hottie.