• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tatsunoko VS Capcom UAS Discussion Thread

Slick

Banned

Cobalt_Latios

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
GameFAQs said:
http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-cross-generation-of-heroes/1063438p1.html

Reviewers main complaints:
Arcade mode unlocks suck (semi-valid point, but it's really something that most of us have come to accept)
Online is nowhere near as good as Blazblue's (OK, is it really fair to compare Wii's online with the other consoles? We know that it won't always be excellent)
Ultimate All-Shooters is impossible to unlock

Best line in the review? "The requirements to unlock it (i.e. perfect play in a throwaway mini-game only accessible during the arcade mode's end credits) have managed to roadblock me for 48 straight clears."

Really, 48 times and he never got the mini-game? Especially when, from what I hea,r it's embarrasingly easy to get it with Roll? Does that mean that he never even tried it with Roll?

If not, then that's silly... And if he has tried with Roll, then he's pathetic.

Well, a review from Gamespy is out.

Yes, Gamespy is complaining about bad online. Gamespy.

R_N

The online seems to, again looking around, either silky smooth or laggy as hell. Very little middle ground, leans towards silk.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Accordingly, if your Wi-Fi sucks, you should move you Wii to DMZ or something like that. I'll go check it up.

Anyway, if I get this game (not likely, I don't like pure fighters) I know what characters I will be using. Viewtiful Joe and Zero.

EDIT: GameFAQs strikes again.

GameFAQs said:
Look this has to be said.

I have had the wii lag horribly when i first got the game but after opening ports by either port forwarding or putting the wii's ip on DMZ every match has been smooth.

Follow instructions below.

The wii's ports are 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443. If you know about how to port fowarding then use those ports.REMEMBER YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR WII'S IP.

Either google "how to port foward" or "how to DMZ". For me DMZ is the easiest.

This is what i did for DMZ

I turned the game on and continued like i was connecting to a wifi battle like normal. After the part when it says connecting.

I went to my pc and logged into my router (normally http://192.168.1.1). When i logged into my router(Linksys) I went to Wireless then wireless MAC filter then edit MAC filter list then wireless client mac list and it was there under active PC. It should say 192.168.1.***

Or you can type in http://192.168.1.1/wclient.htm to see it

I then went to the tab Application and Gaming then DMZ and put the last set of digits after the last point and enabled it. I saved the settings and now all ports are open on the wii. That is what DMZ is for. It opens all ports for a specific IP. It has been night and day. Everything is smooth.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I played an on-line game for once, and it went quite smoothly.

The player was ranked as "Ultimate", and I almost beat his Ryu and Batsu with my Polymar and Alex.

R_N

Finally got the game. It's soooo fun.

I use the Nunchuck control scheme, since the classic control scheme seems just too much for me. Does this make me a bad person for liking shortcutted Megacrush and Hyper attacks

Alzi

Toon link
Batsu + Yatternman-2 is who i use.

Slick this game should be on your get pile not your maybe. Anyway imo the online differs somtimes theres lag somtimes theres no lag. But i have a good connection so i shoudn't be lagging and i usually blame it on the other person. :p

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Batsu + Yatternman-2 is who i use.

Slick this game should be on your get pile not your maybe. Anyway imo the online differs somtimes theres lag somtimes theres no lag. But i have a good connection so i shoudn't be lagging and i usually blame it on the other person. :p

Quoted for the truth. This game is quite different to SF4, but at the same time it's also a bit similar. It's hard to explain. I haven't played online yet so i can't comment on that, though my mains are, in no particular order; Batsu, Yatterman-1, Jun the Swan, Tekkaman Blade, Frank West and (maybe) Morrigan.

Alzi

Toon link
It's basically a MvC2 remake on the wii with diffrent characters, you can only play as two people and it's alittle less awesome then MvC2.

The combo's all feel smooth when doing them aswell.

Zazie

So 1991
It's basically a MvC2 remake on the wii with diffrent characters, you can only play as two people and it's alittle less awesome then MvC2.

The combo's all feel smooth when doing them aswell.

No it isn't.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom has a different attack button layout (3 instead of 4), team of 2, assist attacks aren't selesctable, new mechanics like baroque cancels megacrashes and variable aireal raves and not to mention a different character roster.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
No it isn't.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom has a different attack button layout (3 instead of 4), team of 2, assist attacks aren't selesctable, new mechanics like baroque cancels megacrashes and variable aireal raves and not to mention a different character roster.
It's a spiritual successor. The only reason we don't have MvsC3 are movie rights issues.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
A spiritual successor and remake are two entirely different things. The term spiritual succesor implies something more along the lines of a sequel while remake implies it's the same game with a few minor changes.
MvsC and MvsC2 had some radically different mechanics despite keeping some of the same characters. If you can consider them sequels the difference here isn't that big. Sure you have "new characters" but you basically just swapped american superheroes with japanese cartoon heroes.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I've been playing this game lately. And I was 41st in the world a few days ago. :D I only play with an arcade stick.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Mine should be at my doorstep when I get home if amazon isn't lying to me. I still have to finish classes here before I get to play it. I'll probably try out online today too.

R_N

Continuing my campaign through Arcade, I've unlocked Zero & Tekkaman Blade.

Blade is kind of awkward, but Zero seems pretty cool. Out of curiosity, just what is his laser hyper from?

Of the characters I've been fiddling with: Polymar is kind of awkward I really can't get used to him, the Oni dude kind of reminds me of Ike from Smash Bros, Doronjo is cool fun, Jun I really like but I wish she did just a little more damage, Morrigan is interesting but I couldn't really get used to her (amazing ending; is that Lillith in her level 3 super?), Karas is just weird to play as for me and his damage output seems surprisingly low, Trigger I think I'll try to go through with again since I'm a bit more used to the controls.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Blade is kind of awkward, but Zero seems pretty cool. Out of curiosity, just what is his laser hyper from?

Could you explain what you mean?

If you mean the one involving time stop, that would be from X5.