• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tattoos

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I don't have any tattoos and don't plan on getting any. I don't really like them either.... harming your body for something unnecessary, idk.

Digimon Opening theme, is that you? :)

;)
Funny story someone saw it and was like OMG THAT IS SOO INSPIRATIONAL!! and I just died on the inside because it's a frEAKING DIGIMON THEME and I wanted to laugh out loud SO HARD because I am literally the biggest piece of weeaboo trash on this planet

@Bert: I don't feel most of my body (I have MS and I have a lot of numbness), so tattoos is how I deal with it.

Hasty

Moonside
;)
Funny story someone saw it and was like OMG THAT IS SOO INSPIRATIONAL!! and I just died on the inside because it's a frEAKING DIGIMON THEME and I wanted to laugh out loud SO HARD because I am literally the biggest piece of weeaboo trash on this planet
:D
But it really is inspirational, I really like the Opening of the first Digimon season and "The Biggest Dreamer" of the 3rd season.^^

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
:D
But it really is inspirational, I really like the Opening of the first Digimon season and "The Biggest Dreamer" of the 3rd season.^^

Right? It always stuck to me ever since I watched it when I was little, and it always pushed me to go for my dreams. It's my daily reminder to never give up. :)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Addendum: While I don't have any problem with tattoos, I wouldn't add them. For the same reason as piercings-it'd hurt, and I'm not fashionable enough to make that kind of trade-off

PokeLys

Since Red version'98
Peter, That owl is just fabulous!

And Tiffany, your Absol looks sooooo good!

Last edited:

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Peter, That owl is just fabulous!

And Tiffany, your Absol looks sooooo good!

Gracias! :D I'm gonna add Charmander and Umbreon to it, too. Dream team, even though it's not optimal in battle. I just have my favorites. ;)

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I don't have any tattoos and don't plan on getting any. I don't really like them either.... harming your body for something unnecessary, idk.

I don't have any tattoos and I won't be getting any in the future. lots of tattoos look really nice but got to be careful when getting a tattoo because you may regret it in the future.

It's not really "harming" your body. There are no lasting negative health side effects to having a tattoo. Yes, they hurt at the time (although tbh I think the sensation is more "annoying" than "painful" but I have high pain tolerance so ymmv). Is it unnecessary? Sure, but if you enjoy it and it makes you happy to look it, then it's not a bad thing, yeah? As for the thought of regretting it later, it's possible to get it covered up later depending on the design of it if you decide you don't like it. And my thought process is that life is too short to not put something I like on my body. When I'm dead, no one's going to care what I decorated my body with, so I might as well do what I want with it right now.

I've only got two tattoos at the moment. I've got the Angels & Airwaves lyrics "Spread Love Like Violence" and a small butterfly on the back of my right shoulder and a Persian on my right foot. I've got a lot of design plans in the works. I actually recently commissioned a good friend of mine to design my next one, which is going to be a fairly large piece on my left thigh. I'm really excited about it. I love body mods. :D

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I'm too dark for tattoos :(

How dark are you? I've seen some pretty dark skinned individuals sporting some rad black ink tattoos and they look nice.

I'm trying for another tattoo next month but I'm going to check with my hematologist about it beforehand for reasons. I have vWD type 1 and while my other ones have healed okay and without super excessive bleeding, I'm a bit concerned about this one.

@Pesky Persian, do you have a photo of your Persian tattoo? I wanna see :I

Edit: My hematologist wrote back this morning and said I am A+ to continue getting tattoos wherever I want B) Hella!

Last edited:

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
@Kirby, I think I posted a pic of it in the picture thread years ago when I first got it done. This is it now: persiantattoo.jpg (Original art is by Versiris on dA. Used with her permission.) It's a tad bit faded and probably needs touched up. In retrospect, I kind of wish I would have gone to a different artist and maybe gotten it done in color, but I still like it.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Akon dark. I probably could get one in maybe a redish ink but I'll have to think about it.

I dunno I mean my step sister is pretty dang dark and has a colored sun on her back and while the colors are not as vibrant as they would be on me (I'm like the whitest thing ever...) they're still really pretty. Like, I think colored tattoos on dark skin are really pretty. If tattoo artists can put a colored tattoo over a pitch black arm (this guy I saw was a white guy but his arm was colored solid black with tattoo ink...) and have the colors be decently vibrant when they're healed I'm sure you can get a good looking tattoo on dark brown skin. I'd just find a good tattoo artist who is familiar with working on dark skin and see what they would suggest, if you end up wanting a tattoo of course.

@Kirby, I think I posted a pic of it in the picture thread years ago when I first got it done. This is it now: View attachment 14897 (Original art is by Versiris on dA. Used with her permission.) It's a tad bit faded and probably needs touched up. In retrospect, I kind of wish I would have gone to a different artist and maybe gotten it done in color, but I still like it.

This is awesome! I seriously love your Persian tattoo.