• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 25th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I just don't understand why AU Ash only uses Pikachu, I don't know if the writers are afraid to give AU Ash a different Pokemon than Main Ash or they're afraid to give him Pokemon that main series Ash has.

Because as I've said before, Ash is crippled as a trainer if he ONLY uses Pikachu, Pikachu is not the versatile as they think. The only thing he can use Pikachu for is what Pikachu can use for Iron Tail, Electro Web, Quick Attack and Thunderbolt, and that's it. I literally do not understand why they don't give AU Ash other Pokemon to use.

In other words I don't see the point in using Ash if he's only ever going to use Pikachu, I'm sick and tired of Pikachu as it is in the main series, I don't need the movies to shove it down my throat as well.

But oh well.

That's why I don't care for AU Ash, it's already frustrating seeing Pikachu get favored in the main series. Then they had to go and just ignore Charizard in M21, didn't give him a Heracross even though he has one....

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You do realize AU Ash might have other pokémon and we just don't see them, right?

I mean, looking back at the past movies that did use Prime Ash, only ones where Ash's other pokémon have been relevant were, what? 3, 10 and 19? Maybe 16 since Charizard gets an action scene?

In most movies, Ash's non Pikachu pokémon are either for group shots or a random training/battling scene that has no effect in the plot.

AU Ash might have Heracross and maybe a lot more pokémon we don't know of. But ultimately it doesn't matter because the movie is more about the cover legend with Ash being just a player on their story's development.

Sword master zacian

You do realize AU Ash might have other pokémon and we just don't see them, right?

I mean, looking back at the past movies that did use Prime Ash, only ones where Ash's other pokémon have been relevant were, what? 3, 10 and 19? Maybe 16 since Charizard gets an action scene?

In most movies, Ash's non Pikachu pokémon are either for group shots or a random training/battling scene that has no effect in the plot.

AU Ash might have Heracross and maybe a lot more pokémon we don't know of. But ultimately it doesn't matter because the movie is more about the cover legend with Ash being just a player on their story's development.
Au ash just using his pikachu sucks
Everytime ash is just using pikachu
Wheter its main ash or is au ash
There should give au ash a pokemon that gets greninja like focus not forms etc. Whatever

Don't get me wrong i do love pikachu but its kinda boring to see everytime ash relying just on pikachu

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Don't get me wrong. As much as I like Pikachu I do want to see Ash using other critters in the movies, but as history's showed us, it's very rare for anything other than Pikachu play some key role in those.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
We all knew that was coming. A pity but understandable given the circunstances. Surprised they revealed the delay 2 months in advance though.

Thinking about it, provided there is no new Yokai Watch movie (if I recall they had similar distritutors/studios) this year, I can see Coco taking the december slot.

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
We all knew that was coming. A pity but understandable given the circunstances. Surprised they revealed the delay 2 months in advance though.

Thinking about it, provided there is no new Yokai Watch movie (if I recall they had similar distritutors/studios) this year, I can see Coco taking the december slot.
Probably you are right

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I’ve been wondering, why don’t they put the movie on streaming services ? Is there some sort of bullcrap blocking that to be happening or are they just stubborn in something as simple as putting it on streams.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I wonder if they’d just release the movie on streaming services as opposed to a theater release?

Movies like that are expensive. Not just animation but the celebrities they hire to play roles there as well.

Yeah, a digital release, even a direct-to-video release would make them money but not nearly as much as they'd get with a theatrical run.

Worst case scenario the movie is delayed until next year and takes the slot that was meant for movie 24.

Red and Blue

For the sake of the 2021 film releasing it on digital might not be such a bad idea

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Has that one guy come in yet to say that this movie is never going to be aired?

I'm actually even more okay with this movie being held back than I was with the anime. Maybe its because I generally don't care much for the newer movies since they stopped being tied in with the anime teams and such.. but I still watch them and I do still hope that all will resume in good time. The most important thing for them to do right now is handle the virus in the best possible way so that the world can move forward.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m more concerned about how they’ll release & distribute Zarude than I am about the film. They could just stream the movie & if not I’m sure most people are perfectly fine with waiting a couple more months.

However, since they were supposed to give codes for Zarude & a shiny Celebi to people who see the movie, I’m wondering if they’ll find another way to distribute them or wait to release them once the movie comes back out in theaters?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I'm pretty sure it would actually be extremely profitable if it released in digital form first.

Exhibit A
Except that looking at that movie's production budget, its "unprecedentedly successful" digital run still hasn't netted Dreamworks and Universal a profit. It's close-ish to breaking even, and will probably end up a modest hit in the long run but it's by no means been "extremely profitable".
Source I got off Wikipedia because I figured that would be better than linking to a YouTube video talking about it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
PsychoLogical said:
I’ve been wondering, why don’t they put the movie on streaming services ? Is there some sort of bullcrap blocking that to be happening or are they just stubborn in something as simple as putting it on streams.

Putting the movie on a steaming service would be the most logical thing to do, assuming that it's already completed and that there are no logistic issues preventing the movie from premiering online.

Status
Not open for further replies.