• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tea or Coffee?

Tea or Coffee?

• Total voters

meismadatyou

Johto League Master
I love both but I find tea is just so much better, because well, it tastes a lot better.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Both are too bitter for my liking, but coffee is tolerable with enough cream and sugar.

I prefer sweeter drinks, juice, milk, etc.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Tea, because coffee is very bitter to me. I can stand the smell of it, and on the very rare occasion enjoy coffee icecream, but I cannot drink coffee for the life of me. I guess my tastebuds are too weak for it.

Tea, as long as it has sugar.

Though I'm biased since I've never really drank a full cup of coffee, though I remember tasting it and I didn't like it very much.

What I love about tea is how it does as a nice alternative to not getting enough sleep.

Raiin

Johto Boy
I really like both of them but Tea is better. No, sugar though. When tea has any sugar in it, it just makes me even more thirsty... and I just don't like then taste.

Yata

The Prophet
Monster.

But no seriously, between tea and coffee, I'd have say coffee. I usually have to add a lot more stuff to tea than to my coffee to make it taste ok.

Tea, although that is only mildly better, because can barely taste either because I have minimum 10 sugars in my drinks.

Mitzi

L'Etat c'est moi
Although I can bare the taste and smell of coffee, I much more prefer the taste of tea. If we're going to get into specific flavors: Iced tea, preferably lemon or something similar in taste.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I really like both coffee and tea. However, when I compare the two overall, I'm a slight bit more partial to coffee. Why? Because there are many kinds of tea I just don't care for (especially herbal or rooibos or fruit-based or non-chai spice teas), whereas the only way I can hate the taste of coffee is if it's black, badly brewed, or made into soda. Caffeine levels do not make a difference at all to me. It's not just the liquid; I like coffee-flavoured candy and ice cream as well (though the same also goes for green tea). And to me, few things are more pleasing in the morning than walking into a warm room with the scent of freshly-brewed coffee wafting through it. I do really like tea in many forms, with or without milk or sugar, especially if it's jasmine tea. But an additional thing I sometimes don't like about tea is that it's so easy to oversteep it and make it taste bitter, especially with white or green tea. And I also don't like how there are so many bottled tea drinks out there that are so sweet that they're more like candy than tea. Southern-style sweet tea is the only really sugary tea I like.

Sadly, very few people close to me like coffee, and most of the ones that do drink it solely for the caffeine rush.

Last edited:

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I like tea better because of the light flavor compared to coffee and its more soothing.