• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teachers that suck.

Larry

I'm always afraid of that happening to me. My teachers usually round up a 64 or a 63 to a 65 because it's close enough. My geometry teacher on the other hand let me stay at 64 instead of bumping me up. He probably hates me because of my American nationality since he's from Russia. It's weird that he favored all his Russian and a Chinese student though.

Kinda funny because my Geometry teacher was the one who bumped my 63 average up to a 65.

Riversong

Buggy down.
My 8th grade science teacher sucked. He'd just give us work to do, and then go and play video games on his computer (some Hello Kitty game, and super mario). He also thought he was cool because his girlfriend was the cheerleader coach.

Once, we had to make these paper chains to show a food chain, and he picked the top ten he thought were the best out of all of his classes. Mine was among them. Every day he'd eliminate one based on how many votes it got from all the classes combined. The last one left would get 10 extra credit points, the 2nd one 9 points, 3rd 8 points, and so forth. This was fine, and to my surprise I got to the top four. However, what was lame about this was that one day I was absent, and he took this chance to tell the class how he thought mine was the worst one, and he was surprised it hadn't gotten voted off first. The next day I get back, and several people told me what he said. I mean, come on, that's pretty...bogus (for lack of a better word).

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
The epitome of crap teachers for me was Mrs. B, my science and math teacher in grade 5. (The B does not stand for the obvious.)

One time we were writing notes in Science. I wrote down a couple pages, but I used a few contractions and shortened some parts of the notes. All the discussed ideas were still there, they were completely legible, and were I to use them to study off of I would have been just as fine had I copied and pasted them off a computer. Not enough for her; when she saw they weren't exactly the same, she kept me after school to rewrite them. Unsurprisingly, a huge part of the class was in the same boat as me.

In math, we had our own booklets with a good 40 pages or so of problems. Around 1/4 through, she announced that anyone who got lower than a certain mark would have to write the whole booklet, backwards (as in from question 80-or-whatever-it-was to 1), within a week. Note that we had started around a week, two weeks before that. I got below that mark. When I rechecked my work, though, I realized I did get the questions right, and I should have passed. When I tried to explain it to her, she tuned me out and refused to listen. I ended up having to do the whole booklet in a week. Somehow I managed to do it, though, and when I went back to doing the booklet afterward I still remembered some of the answers.

Also, my English teacher in grade 10 managed to lose our midterms, of all the tests she could possibly lose. She's not mean, though. She's a good teacher and all, but come on. Midterms.

Also my math teacher throughout literally all of junior high, because he was almost never there. We were having substitute teachers almost every other day by Grade 9.

Luppi

I shot my eye out.
My language teacher had two french classes, while her other periods were spanish classes. Her french periods were Periods One and Four. Because of the setup our school is in, she sees period one one day, period four the next, period one the day after, and so on.

But that doesn't give her an excuse to give Period One a homework assignment and not to tell Period Four, and then demand the assignment from both classes a few days later. She forgets. A LOT. And to make things worse she also does not believe Period Four when they tell her she has not said anything about the assignment.

Well I passed her class so that doesn't matter anymore..XP

Yeti

Banned
Question 6: What is the biggest planet without rings in our solar system?
Actual answer: Earth.
My reason why: All of the gas giants have rings, yes, even Jupiter. They are just small? Don't believe me? http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_995.html Look for yourself. Discovered in 1979, this question happened in 2007, 9th grade. Wow, congratulations teacher.

His answer: Jupiter
His reason why: Jupiter has no rings.

:| Idiot.
Shouldn't the question have been without, as seen in bold? If it was the biggest planet WITH rings it'd have been Jupiter and him saying it doesn't have rings wouldn't make sense.
I thought everyone knew Jupiter had rings rofl..
Whoever said Uranus or Neptune should be the biggest with commonly-known rings must've forgotten Saturn existed, and that it's claim to fame is rings.
O niedude.. what exactly are you on about?? Only certain planets have rings orbiting them.. namely the four gas giants. There is only one biggEST regardless of if the question was "biggest w/ rings" or "biggest w/out rings".

That teacher is pretty dumb I give you that 8\

I've had some subs who were pretty mean and rather unpleasant to view/listen to. They also usually subbed for subjects they had no clue how to do anything in (higher maths, Spanish, etc) and just made us do busywork all period since they couldn't teach. Vile subs trolling up classes.
My creeper math teacher would email kids the lesson plan for the day and have us teach ourselves with her notes since she knew subs were useless.
Most kids learned better from their own peer teaching them than our teacher though @_@ I didn't notice a difference LOL

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
I haven't had that bad of teachers, but I remember in 5th grade Spanish, the sub was very strict, the opposite of our usual one, and snapped at us for whispering. And she also said that if we didn't finish our work, we'll be late for our PE period. There's NO PERIODS, we leave as a group to the next class/special, and we never go past time we're supposed to, unless we forget (but by only about a minute). She also mentions she taught High School, a place WITH periods.

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
Ha nice thread. I got a math teacher that was simply terrible, nobody got a good grade at the tests and about the half of the year we got a new teacher due to him being that bad.

Also my french teacher was just plain annoying. She always gave the whole class sentences to writ 100 times because there were 3 boys who never payd attention.

And last but not least our german teacher. Somebody from our class went out of the window to pick up his pencil (which he could've done without going out of the window) and all she said was: Dont do that again... Also you could just hold your book on the table and just write the answers on the test. After two months we got a other teacher who could handle our class and I was still doing good :D.

Think those are the worst, will post if I think of more.

xXBlastBurnXx

Last year, senenth grade my English teacher was really stupid.

She, and her breath smells like SH*T! I once threw up when she talked to me, then she asked me if I was okay, and I said, "Just take this," and I held out a peice of gum to her. She got mad. Another time we where doing poety, or somthing, can't remember, and somebody said, "Poety Sucks!", Then she freaked out about how she won't have that laugnuage in this glass, and yadda ya. I also failed a test, worth 10% my final mark(the only one I failed the entire year), and I said crap, and she flipped out about it again. I first said crap and suck in grade 2, NO teacher has every had a problem with it. I also had a teacher in grade 5 that sent me out side when i farted >_>

Pokemon_Veteran

Poké Sage
It appears most of you people who get in a trouble all the time are always the ones who do not listen to what you're told to do. I have seen it happen all the time, kid doesn't shut up, kid gets in trouble for not shutting up when told to, kid doesn't like punishment and kid does this whole cycle again. Thats what teachers get tired of.

Just because you did something and got punished is no excuse to blame the teacher, because most of you have yourselves to blame for your punishment.

The Unknown Twinkie

Lilligant is so cute
I hated my 7th grade history teacher becuse he blame me for every thing I do like when I drop my pincel he would move me in front of thr class and make me say "sorry for disterbed your teaching" and I am not kidding

My Marine Science teacher during my senior year of high school was pretty bad. I at least somewhat liked all of my teachers during high school except her. She was very disorganized, was constantly yelling at 3/4ths of the class to pay attention, worded her questions on tests weirdly, always said "CRUM BUM", had a weird tooth-to-gum ratio (that's no reason to dislike someone, but I couldn't stop staring sometimes. @_@), etc. It was just a bad class in general. She gave us COLORING SHEETS of fish and stuff sometimes. >_>

I had some bad teachers during middle school. In particular, my PE teacher during 8th grade was bad. She looked like a man, for one thing, so that was kind of intimidating. She used to pace the girls' locker room sometimes while we were changing. Other than that, she would pretty much order us around and sit back and watch the entire class run laps or play a game or something. She used to give the unathletic kids (I was one of them) a hard time if we couldn't hit the ball or run fast enough or something. I remember one time one of my friends fell down as we were running laps and the teacher laughed at her. >_>;

Also in 8th grade I took a computer/typing class. The man who taught the class was NEVER there. >__> Then he had the nerve to give me a C, EVEN THOUGH I DID EVERY SINGLE ASSIGNMENT IN THAT CLASS AND GOT GOOD GRADES. Maybe he got my grade mixed up with someone else, but I was ******.

I had a teacher in 7th grade who was really bad too. She was like a homeroom teacher (we called it Basics, which was about half of your school day of Social Studies, Reading, and Language Arts). Anyway, she was TOTALLY having an affair with one of the math teachers. Either that, or they were inappropriately close. We all thought they had a thing for each other, and it was disgusting. She was WAY TOO HARD. The workload she gave us was WAY too much for 7th grade. I did terribly in her class (well, like Cs, which is terrible for me. :X), and I don't think she liked me that much, but I honestly didn't care.

Last edited:

ChedWick

It appears most of you people who get in a trouble all the time are always the ones who do not listen to what you're told to do. I have seen it happen all the time, kid doesn't shut up, kid gets in trouble for not shutting up when told to, kid doesn't like punishment and kid does this whole cycle again. Thats what teachers get tired of.

Just because you did something and got punished is no excuse to blame the teacher, because most of you have yourselves to blame for your punishment.

Yes, it would seem there's a growing trend. Not of bad teachers, but of bad students. Most the replies I see have more personal attacks than legitimate complains regarding teaching methods.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
I have somewhat of a "hell teacher" in English. Her workloads and lessons are made for college students, not high schoolers. She's also an absolute nightmare when mad. She doesn't hurt physically of course, but talk about a sharp tongue. I know it's for the better though. While on her good side, she's one of my closer teachers. There's just no middle ground for her.

Right now, I dislike my Chemistry teacher. She... feels like she's teaching for the sake of it, not because she wants us to learn. I ask a question, she answers "Just because" in a fancier phrase. Oho, I can see past that. Also she teachers too fast. I keep failing my seatworks and quizzes there just because she wouldn't clarify enough. My tutor's my only hope to pass Chem. Thank the heavens for him.

Pokemon_Veteran

Poké Sage
I hated my 7th grade history teacher becuse he blame me for every thing I do like when I drop my pincel he would move me in front of thr class and make me say "sorry for disterbed your teaching" and I am not kidding

You apparently didn't like your english teacher very much either, else this sentence would resemble something like this

I hated my 7th grade history teacher because he blamed me for everything I did, like when I dropped my pencil, he would move me in front of the class and make me say,"Sorry for disturbing your teaching." I am not kidding

The only teacher I had a problem with was my 10th grade math teacher, mainly because she gave the impression she didn't want me asking questions, hence I struggled in that class.

Mrs. Lovett

Rolling writer
Usually, I would deeply loathe a teacher for the first few months of school, and then towards the end of the year, I would realize that they're not half bad.

The only teacher this doesn't apply to is my former French teacher. She was more annoying to me than she was mean. She deliberately insisted upon writing in cursive, which from her hands looks like scribble. Her i's look like e's and her o's look like e's. or i's. And when you would raise your hand to ask what the -- she is writing, she would say "It's all in your textbook!" (3 of the 10 words were, anyway) I got a bunch of vocabulary words wrong thanks to her. When she asked you to say a sentence in French using a vocabulary word, she puts you in the spot, stares at you until you speak, raises her eyebrows in surprise when you get something wrong, and corrects you using a "Duh!" tone of voice. Overall, she was just an unpleasant person to be around.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
My english teacher last year was an anal retitive beyotch. She said she was a neat freak but, she always lost our papers and she gave us honors work in an accelerated class. NO ONE, ever even got an A as a marking period grade.

random guardian

Get your flame on!
Ahhhh my school was ether bad teacher or good teacher and i have 3 glorious ones to talk about. the first one is this teacher who had some eye cancer or something. don't get me wrong my grandma had cancer but this teacher just gives my the chills. the first time i met her she was a substitute and she was talking about her eye for 3 min. it starts to water and swell and she was infront of me so I look at the back of the class to ignore her witch is hard because i am in the front of the class and then she talks to me so i have to look at her eye. she would also go uh-hu like that principal in south park(p.s. i hate south park).eventually she got a glass eye and kept yelling at me for looking at it. the worst part was her name was googel :D

The other one was a cranky woman who you would expect to see as a Walmart employee but she was in charge of keeping track of this mentally disabled kid but she treats him like a dog.I feel sorry for that kid. she even has a bark in her voice. she also hates almost every kid in the school so as a joke we always ask her for a high five.

the last teacher is this math teacher who will make you repeat something if she doesn't like it. she also talks about her personal life to much. it interrupts class so much that a kid got his mother to change his math class to a different teacher. she also quit being religious and started wearing so mush makeup her face looks like a giant bug in the year book. she was so bad that i met her son at a boy scout camp and he asked "do people there hate her?" i was laughing my butt off at my camp grounds. worst of all is i had her in 7th grade and now she is moving to 9th grade along with my class year.

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA

Well said. That's how I feel about the whole situation.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
Ideas of why or why not teachers suck in this thread
are getting diluted with mixed opinions. Some people label their teachers
"beyotch" because she was a neat freak? Ok. That does not give any reasonable
excuses on concluding your teacher "sucky."

Ok. Not one of my teachers ever suck.
It is because I was a good student; done everything that I was supposed to do.
So teachers liked me. :]