• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teachers that suck.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Actually not always. The comma is optional, based on the context of the sentence and how it would sound when you are speaking. Since a comma represents a pause when read aloud, you wouldn't always want one after 'and' especially if the last two are closely related.
So if this sub said you don't need to put one she was right. In fact I think there's way more instances where you would not put the comma after 'and' than where you would. The example you provided even sounds better as 'lions, tigers and dogs' instead of 'lions, tigers, and, dogs'. Could also be 'lions, tigers, and dogs' but the double comma creating TWO pauses around just 'and' is overkill.

She said you SHOULD put one after and. I must have not worded my post well : o

Yeti

Banned
She said you SHOULD put one after and. I must have not worded my post well : o
Ahh, my apologies. I thought she had said you didn't need to put one after it, and you were 'correcting' her saying that you should.
That is indeed a tragic sub... I thought everyone knew that 8|

Sometimes I wonder how some of the teachers mentioned in this thread received their degree or hadn't been fired previously. Makes me think these stories are made up/severely skewed, or the posters were trouble-making students or part of a disrespectful class that brought unusually strict punishments or assignments on themselves.

I mean I've had two teachers I sort of got off on the wrong foot with, but by the end of the year we were on good terms. If you make the effort to be respectful, behave and don't insult them all the time you will have an enjoyable year, unless they are truly a whacked-out teacher. Which I have yet to personally encounter, though there have been some at my schools.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
and don't insult them all the time...

I called a teacher fat to his face, it was totally his sweater vest. He wasn't my teacher but was always so mean to me, picking on me and stuff, even after school. I was the only student he'd do this to because he was my uncle, so it was all in fun and humour. He was all his students favourite teacher, but sadly he's moved on to another school this year, so no chance (thank goodness) of me ever getting him.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
We're both 14 and admittedly we probably shouldn't have been doing it but it's not like we were gonna start having sex right there on the school playground chair.

that's right, but on the other hand 14 year olds kissing? in my opinion a small kiss can't hurt many kids of your age had their first kiss at that time but there are places where everyone can see you, was that the case?

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
My Algebra 2 teacher irritates me this year. She...gives us homework...but only explains how to do it the next day. Then, the next day, we get homework before the lesson again, then the day after she goes over the homework and doesn't tell us how to do the homework for day 2...which goes on and on. A teacher is obviously incompetent if her students must teach themselves. Saying its an "honors course" and how students must be independent is not an excuse. You are a TEACHER...you must TEACH...and the point of homework is not to do this, it is to practice. How can you practice which you do not know how to do. Sure you could read the textbook, but the textbook is generally a bad thing to use because it assumes you already have a grasp on what its showing you...and it so much harder to listen to ink and paper than a living breathing human who can use metaphors to demonstrate, answer questions, among other things...etc.

*exhale*

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Where I live, all the PE teachers are (were?) psychopaths.
The worst teacher I can ever remember having was Mr. Lee (not his real name). He was underweight, a tacky dresser, and about 60 years old (by the end). He was also the only PE teacher in our elementary school, and thus we were all forced to have him seven years in a row.

I dunno if we ever took tennis in elementary, but believe me, Mr. Lee was bad enough to make anybody in our class act like John McEnroe.
Consider this exchange during the volleyball unit. I walk up to him.
Mr. Lee: "What?"
Me: "Can I go to the bathroom?"
Mr. Lee: "Go and play with your partner."
Me: "I just wanted to go to the bathroom, because, like--"
Mr. Lee: (simultaneously) "Hello! HELLO! [my name]!!"
Me: "Uuuugh." (There was really no time for me to say anything else.)
Mr. Lee: "[my name]! I'm only gonna say this once. Go. Practise. Your. Volleys."
They say he retired a couple of years after I left school. More likely, he was unceremoniously ejected from the staff in front of the entire school district.

After I left elementary school, I had thought it was over. But no... as soon as I entered junior high, I came face to face with another psycho, Mr. Jones (again, a made-up name). If Mr. Lee was Evice, Mr. Jones was definitely Greevil!

Mr. Jones always used to set up these so-called "Blasts", which were basically 2 or 3 K of running followed by a quarter hour of stupid stuff like towel crunches and ball squats. Even worse, I was starting to suspect he was to blame for the horrible schedule we received in Grade 7. About once a week we always had to do PE, followed by English (often including an essay question, and the classroom didn't have any windows), and then French (again, notes and no windows, only this time in a foreign language).

In February 2007, the whole class was anticipating a Monday snow day; we planned to have a blizzard blow in over the weekend. You might have guessed it -- the blizzard just grazed us, but it wasn't enough to close the school. All the kids were sent in.

Half an hour -- half an hour -- after I woke up, I could have been dreamily snoozing again or at least fragging my enemies in Halo 2 or Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Instead, I was sitting on a cold gym floor at school, excruciatingly tired, looking up at Mr. Jones for the results of our latest Blast. What do you know... facing the whole class, he pointed his thumb vigorously downward, accompanied by a spitting noise and a shaking of his head. He proceeded to tell us "That sucked. Sucked." My final mark for Grade 7 PE was 88.5%, my lowest ever.

No wonder.

Last edited:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Wait wut? Slick is 14? How could someone of his intelligence be THAT age?

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
We were not going to start making out, it was one small kiss and it was not our first. We had our first in private.

so it was a small nothing special kiss, the only reason i can think of is that you live stateside, the yanks are known for that. kids of 14 used to do it from time to time on my schoolyard which only gave our teachers memories from the good old days when they were still kids, i can't give it a reason of why it is wrong.

but ehm, just a hint, i had teachers who nitpicked about something dumb but merely held to to their point because they didn't want to look dumb in front of the class. just saying.

Wait wut? Slick is 14? How could someone of his intelligence be THAT age?

it's the cornflakes.

anyway, i suddenly remind me about something i had with a teacher a long time ago when i was 15, i was at one of those schools where you were tought to listen strictly. one day we were having a field trip followed by a performance at the disastersite of enschede which some might remember and when we left to return to school with the car one of the kids said that the negroide person on the seatrow in front of him had hairlotion on that smelled like coconuts, our teacher put his foot on the brake and started to go angry on him.

we all had no idea what had gotten into him and it looked like our teacher didn't knew either after a little discussion, i could see it by his movement and the way he moved his eyes as he was making it up. after some squabbling he continued the trip with as reason that he had an appointment, i just remained silent the whole time i was already glad i would miss the bus.

I've been having a lot of fudging racist teachers ever since Elementry school.>.> They'd only like giving good grades to other people other than Black, Arab, or Indian. This sucks.

But I have to admit, the worst teacher I have ever had is gotta be the Career Ed. teacher I had last year. She is freaking EVIL! One time, my locker got jammed and I had to quickly go to her room (2 floors upstairs omfg) and I was thirty seconds late. She automatically gave me a detention. I was like, "What?! Detention? Why? Come on' your room is 2 floors upstairs and my locker is currently jammed. I came here to tell you!" and all she said was, "Sorry take a seat young lady!" with an evil smile.

Fudge her.D:

Eevee-Breeder

Eevees On Demand
I hated the teacher next door to my class in 2nd and 3rd grade. We had a WALL between our rooms but we could hear her shouting at the students. She was SCARY!

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
I can't think of a single teacher I've ever had that I've fully hated. There have been some who I've despised at one point only to find them rather nice or cool at a later date. There have been some with a lot of problems and things that annoyed me but I'm finding it very difficult to think of one teacher who I really hated...

Although there was this one maths teacher who was a bit of a ***** but then I only had her for three weeks so that isn't really enough exposure to be able to criticise.

Oh hang on actually, there was a French teacher who spoke suck terrible English we never ended up learning anything from her and the entire class pretty much staged a protest until we got a new teacher. I hated her lessins, and I can't believe she got the job, but I am still hard pressed to hate her for it when it was, essentially, our fault for not understanding French in a French lesson. :p

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε
My chemistry teacher is like the worst teacher ever existed,she once shouted at a girl in my class that cried because she threw a book on the table instead of putting it politely but I swear she didn't throw it.
She kept saying "Am I your servant?" I was like O.O

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
My Algebra 2 teacher irritates me this year. She...gives us homework...but only explains how to do it the next day. Then, the next day, we get homework before the lesson again, then the day after she goes over the homework and doesn't tell us how to do the homework for day 2...which goes on and on. A teacher is obviously incompetent if her students must teach themselves. Saying its an "honors course" and how students must be independent is not an excuse. You are a TEACHER...you must TEACH...and the point of homework is not to do this, it is to practice. How can you practice which you do not know how to do. Sure you could read the textbook, but the textbook is generally a bad thing to use because it assumes you already have a grasp on what its showing you...and it so much harder to listen to ink and paper than a living breathing human who can use metaphors to demonstrate, answer questions, among other things...etc.

*exhale*

That sounds just like my old Algebra II teacher. She would give us homework for lesson on the next day. To clarify: On Monday she would give us homework about the lesson we would have on Tuesday. Also, one semester while I had that class, I missed a week and a half of school due to an injury. I came back and I still had to take quizzes on the things we'd done while I was out :/ .

granbull guy

Vasoline
I HATE my second period english teacher she is so MEAN!

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
I come from a pretty cheap school, with pretty 'special' teachers.

1. I cut myself with a knife in Tech Ed in seventh grade. The stupid teacher made fun of me. And then told everybody else in is future classes about me. That was nice. So what if I was the only idiot in his 23 years of teacing to cut my finger.

2. My history teacher in 8th was a wonderful jerk. The first day of school he told us about his summer. The entire hour. And then he'd try to make us laugh at stupid jokes like "This is an Aztec Sacrifice Movie. Now the first two rows you might wanna get an umbrella, for you will get bloodsoaked." We just looked at him. And then we had a free day once and I passed a book around for a friend to read a funny part and he yelled at us saying we was passing notes and taking him for granted and he was not a stupid person.

3. Ah my lovely spanish one teacher. She would always put herself down and go on on about god and how we should all be nice to each other and how she always tries to be a good person and then she'd go and say bad stuff about other teachers and how it was stupid she'd have to teach English to a bunch of sixth graders.

Now I'm at the High School, a tenth grader, and none of my teachers are complete idiots so far.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
Ok, disregard what I said about not hating a single teacher. I just remembered my GCSE Religious Education teacher. Ms Penlington. Ha, what a *****! Not only was she utterly inept at teaching the subject, but she also failed utterly to control the class and seemed far more interested in further destracting those louder elements of the class with idiot rants than with actually removing them and conducting a lesson.

Oh, and after I left the school where she taught she apparently made my then girlfriend sit at the back of the class and effectively mocked her simply because she's dyslexic. i wasn't there but it doesn't sound so far fetched when I think that it's Penlington I'm on about.