• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teaching the Student Teacher (635)

phanpycross

God-king
So Johanna is in this epiode, that cool, I guess.

Since this is pretty much filler (I guess Jessie got a ribbon, which is decent), I might as well say that I dont care whatsoever for the dub opening, I mean, most of them have been cheesy as heck, but this one just takes the cheesecake by far.

Guess one of the kids reminded me of Ritchie, which is a strike against the episode.

Glad to see all the pokemon appear, so that's cool.

Weird to see Ash and Dawn just looking instead of reacting to the "bullying", a far cry from the bullying episode in BW, where Ash stepped in.

Kinda split on the episode tbh, 6/10.

JudySpell

Banned
Johanna judging Jessie's Contest was entertaining and I'm just glad that she even appeared at all. The kid who bullied Piplup has my respect. 8/10

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I'm glad Jessie won her ribbon. I'm also happy that Dawn was able to get another combination after some help from Thomas.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was lovely seeing Johanna again and how she judged the contest that Jessie was in. Seeing the kid draw on Piplup was funny and Dawn practicing a new appeal with Pachirisu and Mamoswine was cool.

The boy who kept messing with Piplup needed to be punished, yet Ash and Dawn let the kid bully Piplup without interfering which seemed harsh. :(

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Even though I would have liked more emphasis on Jessie's Contest, at least she won another ribbon. I do like that Seviper won it because now every TR Pokemon had a ribbon win except for Mime Jr. and Wobbuffet.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I found this episode to be somewhat enjoyable, but I'm still not a fan of the training episodes or when they actually learn something new right before their next challenge but it was alright.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was fun watching Satoshi's group supervise a bunch of kids, and seeing Hikari focus on her new Contest combinations was wonderful, too. Ayako judging the Contest that Musashi won was neat. I'm glad Musashi was on a winning streak.

Vulpicks

Ash teaches how to catch Pokemon in this episode and promptly forgets at the beginning of the next series lmao.

Takumi was a pretty neat character.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Takumi's stubbornness and his little rivalry with Pochama bothered me, although I let that slide since he was just a kid who had no experience with Pokemon.

Daizy

I call you honey
This episode was nice. I like episodes like these where Ash and his friends get to show off just how much they know in front of novices. I thought it was mean that Ash didn't get anything from Johanna though.

I love episodes where the characters act like mentors or teachers since it shows us how far the cast members have grown from when they were rookies themselves. I really appreciated the fact that Dawn was still training for her appeal moves because she could've easily done that off screen, but seeing her work hard on screen makes her training seem more enjoyable. I felt bad for Piplup though.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Another great ep with more on-screen training for Dawn; again love the frequency with which we see her experimenting and coming up with new combos and formations. The fact that she’s able to spin-off Ice Chandelier from Flame Ice shows her high level of creativity and innovation, as well as the maturity and determination to get it to work. I like how every one of Dawn’s team has a combo move with someone; there’s Flame Ice, Ice Chandelier, and eventually Aura Whirlpool. Everyone feels used and important.

The kid was a bit annoying at first but the way he ended up contributing to Ice Chandelier and getting along w Piplup later was nice. Buneary spinning with Ice Beam complimented Pachirisu more and let it have room to really make the ice shine; I’ve always loved this combo and its name.