• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teaching the Student Teacher (635)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I hope Jessie gets her 5th ribbon before the GF

Dax

Legend
IDK why when everyone took their pokemon out, Staraptor appeared with Brock's pokemon, not with Ash's. Everyone else appeared with their respective teams, weird.>__>

I really love the episodes when ALL the pokemon are out. It's been a while since we don't get one of those.

IDK why but Ash hit Gible pretty bad when he was presenting it. Can't complain about hurting him if you did it first.

Ash recalls Gible. Gible is next to him. Oh oh oh it's magic... you know, never believe it's not so~

So it seems everyone wants to hurt Piplup. Keep it coming writers, keep it coming.

Pachirisu is so cute. It's a shame is the least used pokemon in Dawn's team.:(

GURL THAT COMBINATION WITH PACHI SUCKED~

It's so good when everyone is there to cheer each other up. Ash and Brock trying to make Dawn feel better was a really nice touch.

I thought that close up of Dawn's sad face was going to last forever.

GURL THAT SECOND COMBINATION WITH PACHI SUCKED~

Well that was lame. I wanted to see Jessie's battle.

IT'S BUNEARY! <3

GURL THAT THIRD COMBINATION WITH PACHI.... was actually really good.~

And just when we thought pokemon couldn't get any weirder that boy and Piplup fall in love.

LOL... Johanna didn't give Ash anything.

Overall good episode. Would have preferred more contest and less school.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Episode Pictures are up. Sorry for the delay

JohnLee

Episode Pictures are up. Sorry for the delay

Thank you Serebii! :)

I loved this episode. Some of those anime mistakes were kinda annoying though. Staraptor showing up with Brock's pokemon was weird, and gible returning to it's pokeball to be only seen in the next screen shot. It was awesome to see all of Ash's pokemon together, newly evolved and all. Also, Ash got ripped off with the present giving from Johanna.

I loved this episode. Some of those anime mistakes were kinda annoying though. Staraptor showing up with Brock's pokemon was weird, and gible returning to it's pokeball to be only seen in the next screen shot. It was awesome to see all of Ash's pokemon together, newly evolved and all. Also, Ash got ripped off with the present giving from Johanna.

Staraptor isn't standing with Brock's Pokemon, it is standing in front of them back to face. Gible is also standing in front of Mamoswine's leg cause Ash's team is bigger so they can't show all of the in such a small space. But this episode had a lot of errors.
Johanna is a Meany Brock already got that Pokegear from Khoury's father.

Edit: Didn't noticed that Staraptor came out of Pokeball with Brock's Pokemon. My deepest apologies.

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-The episode starts in the Generic...Beach Resort!?...of Woe. (don't worry, it's still surrounded by the Generic Forest of Woe.)
-And Johanna is there with her big, big hair.
-Dawn's mom is going to be part of a Pokemon school, but there's a problem, of course! Too bad I can't tell what the problem is since I don't speak Japanese.
-Whatever it is, it involves AshnCo helping out(including Brock, since the writers kindly gave the school a breeding portion so he can pretend to do something this episode).
-Is this another instrumental version of Dawn's theme? How many variations does this thing have?
-AshnCo introduce themselves to the students, and...I see a dangerously Richie-esque kid in line. BURN IT WITH FIRE.
-Looks like one of those kids has started questioning authority before hitting puberty. What a prodigy!
-Trying to stir up drama with other people, then hating on Piplup just for the hell of it? Good lord, this boy is SPPf incarnate!
-Oh, Johanna got roped into judging a contest. Wait, if they have a contest that Dawn's not in, that means...hell yes.
-And there's Jessie right now!
-Those electric wings were, in fact, a seal. I can't believe there were people dumb enough to think it was a new move. Then again, SPPf speculation threads are full of people tossing out idiotic theories based on one picture and two sentences of summaries.
-And here's the part where Brock pretends to have something to do for once.
-A KRABBY APPEARED THAT WASN'T ASH'S. THIS IS A DISGRACE!
-Is Ash teaching them how to throw (poke)balls? ...come to think of it, being able to correctly aim at the Pokemon you're trying to catch is kinda important.
-Ash is showing off his Pokeball throwing pose!
-And his Pokemon capture pose!
-Meanwhile, back in Contestland...Jessie is ON FIRE! Literally! I'm digging the how those flames are animated, by the way.
-Dawn's concerned with how much of a jerk Takumi is, without even considering that he's just a jerk of a kid since kids really don't need any excuse to be jerks.
-Dawn shows off a new appeal...freezing Pachirisu in a block of ice, never to be seen again until paleontologists discover its frozen remains millenia later.
-I hereby demand that someone make Dawn's crude drawings of Pachirisu into an avatar, and that Joe gets off his butt and uploads it for all to use. Just look at them.
-You spin Pachi right round, right round, like a record baby right round, round round.
-Dawn decides to unearth Buneary from its grave so it can use Ice Beam to build a better ice ball.
-Takumi's playing happliy with Piplup, so everything's okay and I'm sure there's some deeper reason for his previous jerkishness that Brock's explaining right now but unfortunately for you, I don't understand moonspeak.
-Hey! There's a Chiisaki Mono instrumental again! Someone at the studio must have found a CD of it buried underneath a stack of paperwork and decided to start using it a bit.
-Apparently Jessie won the contest. Horray!
-Brock gets...cookies or something. Yay?
-Dawn's getting a new dress for the grand festival! Hopefully it's not pink.
-Hey! Ash didn't get anything except encouraging words! What a rip-off!
-After all this, there's still one nagging question...who was that boy who looked like Richie, and why was he allowed to live?

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if that new dress is going to be something from the past openings? I liked to blue colored one.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Just watched this episode it was kinda good, I find it interesting Dawn train's more with her appeals then battles, but It fits her character since appeals are Dawn's weakest point in contest. Funny how she and Jessie are opposites. Pachirisu and Buneary are always a welcomed appearance. Mamoswine and Cyndaquil made it in too but since the GF is close I guess it's to be expected to see more of them. Jessie get's her 4th ribbon as well even though we don't see much of it. And finally Johanna gives her daughter A new dress. Watch it be a new pink one.

dman_dustin

Yes because it will be all slippery and Squirrels paws are not well develpoed to walk on ice and according to Newton's third law of motion it is impossible if the Squirrel isn't able to put more than required force on its paws.
Pachirisu is a Pokemon, it likely has things a normal squirrel doesn't have, like the ability to walk on ice.

I don't know what you meant my Newton's law, but Pachirisu is a fast Pokemon, meaning it's fast enough to "defy gravity" for a short moment. Besides in real life, people can do what Pachirisu did on motorcycles. As in for a short amount of time, they are upside down.

Unless the Squirrel was there for more than a minute.
Even then Whales can hold their breaths for like what "30 minutes" who knows how long Pachirisu can hold it's breath?

IDK why when everyone took their pokemon out, Staraptor appeared with Brock's pokemon, not with Ash's. Everyone else appeared with their respective teams, weird.>__>
Not really, a lot of them were mixed up (Infernape was next to Sudowoodo I think), and the reason was because they sent them out at different times. And with Ash having six, it's not like he can send out all six at one time.

I really love the episodes when ALL the pokemon are out. It's been a while since we don't get one of those.
I like them too, but this one wasn't as good, because we barely got to see them, interact. That said Torterra was gigantic. Man what happens when Torterra is hungry? Sadly Infernape was just tiny.

-A KRABBY APPEARED THAT WASN'T ASH'S. THIS IS A DISGRACE!
If anyone actually thought this, I would curse them, because Ash's Krabby evolved a long time ago. While it would still be annoying if they said Kingler (and it was Kingler shown), the fact that it was a Pokemon of Ash's that evolved, and he nowhere remotely has said Pokemon, as in the only way Ash could ever get Krabby is if he caught a brand new one, or somehow in the anime, you can de-evolve Pokemon.

Edit: Huh I forgot something; Don't let the previous paragraph fool you, I actually did think of Ash's Krabby/Kingler, but at least that's way more tolerable, since Ash did have a Krabby. A Pokemon may remind you of an older Pokemon, but calling it a disgrace to said older Pokemon is reaching.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
When Krabby appeared all that came to my mind was Ash beating it with a stick. Oh the old times~

Last edited:

FlyAsADunsparce

Jessie totally should've gotten more screen time. Instead of the stupid Penguin or that weird boy with the Zs on his face and with a hat glued to his head.

When I saw Krabby, I thought of Ash's Krabby :p However when I just saw the claw, I thought it was a Corphish, either way both are disgraces!

I lol'd at the Gible error, and when Brock was showing how to feed pokémon, it scared me that Sudowoodo, Pikachu, Pachirisu and Mamoswine are able to stand still and not move for so long! Congrats to those statues!

ijea4444

I'm kinda hoping its not any dress we've seen before. Don't get me wrong, because other than the fantasy where she was in magician apparal with a turtwig, I have loved all of the costumes she has been in, but that doesn't mean I still don't want to see any dresses. Keep in mind that this is probably going to be dress that people are going to see when we see GF reruns and has to be really memorable.

EDIT: Honestly, what did piplup do to get people so mad? Ooo it took away valuable screentime from pikachu which we've only seen for at least 634+ episodes, how will we cope?

Last edited:

Eevee7ways

Sonica Boooom!
Three great things occured in this episode; Jessie's fourth ribbon, Dawn's new combination and Piplup being attacked.
Although Dawn gets a new combination at the cost of one her Pokemon's personality traits (Pachirisu's fear of ice from DP155), I guess it will just have to stay in the desolate wasteland of its Pokeball with nothing, the poor thing.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Heh it would been nice to watch more about Jessie's contest, but i'm glad she make it.

Other than that the episode was not that interesting, i'm glad Dawn will wear something different for the GF.

Ash indeed was gifted with just words by Johanna.

I actually hope Dawn's dress was that red dress we saw in the very first DP opening.

+1

Other than that the episode was not that interesting, i'm glad Dawn will wear something different for the GF

u mean she gonna wear that dress as she wear in 1st opening with scene of buneary and piplup come out of their pokeball

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
EDIT: Honestly, what did piplup do to get people so mad? Ooo it took away valuable screentime from pikachu which we've only seen for at least 634+ episodes, how will we cope?
Since it was a Dawn episode, no one was upset. What really can make me angry is when it takes screentime in one of those Ash's episodes.
u mean she gonna wear that dress as she wear in 1st opening with scene of buneary and piplup come out of their pokeball

Hope not. I didn't like that dress (and the hairdo..it was awful).

Bisasam

Bulbasaur
-OMFG ALL POKÉMON TOGETHER!!!
-OMFG KRABBY CAMEO!!!

episode was better than i thought in the beginning