1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Teaching the Student Teacher (635)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Mar 11, 2010.

1. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

Not too bad of an episode. I liked it. Poor piplup sure gets alot of crap lol Nice for Dawn to work out a new appeal. And Jessie gets her fourth Ribbon.. now she could be ma good coordinator if not for her Team Rocketness.

2. poizonsting

poizonsting Pokemon master

Quoted for truth. Seven/ten year olds probably don't need to understand any mechanism on how stuffs work in Pokemon. They will be happy if they get enough eye candies :)

3. Herdheaven

Herdheaven Well-Known Member

A great episode. I thought Thomas and Piplup were funny. More Piplup abuse, you have to love it. Ice Chandelier was nice, and will help Dawn in the Grand Festival for sure. 8/10

4. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Good tro see Dawn practicing for the Grand Festival. Thomas and Piplup were funny, but it wasn't nice when Thomas teased Piplup.

And Jessie getting her fourth ribbon...nice, though she still needs one more.

Overall, decent episode.

5. Typhlosion Trainer

Typhlosion Trainer Fire Trainer

this episode was decent IMO. Ice Chandelier was pretty cool.

6. Rebeccag

Rebeccag Well-Known Member

It was an ok episode Thomas was a pretty cool Character of the day and it was fun to see him tease piplup although im glad they ,ade friends. Dawn got a new combo as well and it was good to see Pachi again havent seen it for ages and yay Jessie won her fourth ribbon so she only needs one more to get in the grand festival ^_^. I liked the teaching as well but I agree who knew you needed practise to throw a pokeball

7. Hikari Paradise

Hikari Paradise Forever Alone

Haha, so much piplup abuse. I love it.

8. Umbreon9

Umbreon9 It's been a while...

A lot of people love this episode for the Piplup abuse! ^_^ Piplup got what he deserved, didn't he?
    Did anyone else notice a mistake? After Ash withdrew Gible, when the camera went back to him, Gible was still sitting there, out of his Pokeball.

9. firestar319

firestar319 The Marauder

Piplup bashing & abuse + First look at the Ice Chandelier = great episode

8.5/10

10. Lance The Champ

Lance The Champ The Aura Guardian

Jessie must have been glad that Dawn couldn't participate in the contest to ruin her ribbon

11. - I recorded this episode (I had to work then) so I was able to go back and see Torterras ridiculous size compared to Infernape. I was thinking "No no no, that just dosen't happen! Infernape can not be smaller than Torterra!"
    I'm sure that Torterra is a lot bigger than Infernape, It was just weird to me when I saw them both together like that.

- When I saw Krabby, I was just thinking "Hey, Krabby Haven't seen you for a while!"

- Did I hear Ash say 'check it!'?

- Wow, when Seviper came out if it's Pokeball, those wings were really cool. I know they were an effect because of the seal.

12. G50

G50 No longer posting

This episode was ok... It was cool to see the Gang try and be teachers for the day. Thomas was such a jerk in this episode, especially to Piplup. The new combo with Pachirisu in a crystal ball looked really cool, even though it doesn't work yet. It was cool to find out that Jessie finally won her 4th ribbon. It was cool to see Dawn get a new dress. Odd how Dawn's mother was complimenting Jessie in this episode after her contest win.

30/100

13. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Seviper looks really cool with that seal sticker =D but whoa Torterra is big!

14. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

Ice chandelier is truly one of the most creative things the anime has ever come up with in my opinion. Sure it doesn't make sense with how it's created and why the Pokémon inside can still move but it's Pokémon so no one should care as to why it doesn't make sense. The kids were annoying as they usually are.

15. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Somehow I can't watch this epsiode without thinking of Jigglypuff, with the face drawing. LOL That kid was such a brat.

This episode had some great things going for it. Jessie wins her fourth ribbon, yay. And it's great that Seviper got her the win, considering how Jessie's first outing with Seviper in season six went. Redemption is sweet. Plus, I like the ice chandelier so much better than the icy flamethrower move Dawn did previously. It worked so much better.

8/10

16. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

"I call this Flame Ice because it's a Flame in Ice." Only Dawn... :p

P.S. I really loved Seviper's "wings".

17. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ February 15, 2011-February 15, 2020

I like this episode. It focuses on Dawn and we get to see some awesome contest combinations. The kid teasing Piplup in the beginning was hilarious. He did help Dawn master the ice chandelier. Also Ash trying to teach a class about catching Pokemon was hilarious, mostly because he got hyped up during it XD
    I give it a 10/10!

18. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

I loved this ep, but then again I loved every ep where piplup does more than just stay outside its pokeball.

19. pokemonmaster99325

pokemonmaster99325 pokemon master!!!!

i love that bit, Lol poor piplup. :)

20. zhixun

zhixun Well-Known Member

Musashi getting a fourth ribbon finally. It is nice to see that Ayako being a judge rather than a normal Joy san in the contest. Hikari is doing a great job being a teacher there. Although her demonstration to the group using Mammoo and Pachirisu did not finish nice, but it somehow develop both Pokémon for the success of the contest later in the Grand Festival.